April 2014 Moms

FFFC!

Re: FFFC!

• Personally I would like to see a thread titled A14 indictable offences where we can capture all the unforgivable crimes we have witnessed over the past year. This weeks top picks being:

- SAHM's with a dirty house
    - tablet use by a 4 month old
  • AprilMay9 said:
    Also I'm judging anyone with an a14 baby who purposely gives their kid a tablet or phone to play on. I see it the same way as giving your kid McDonald's. They will probably turn out fine but why would you when there are 100 better options?
    It's interesting to me that you'll judge for this, yet you thought I needed to take a chill pill for worrying about my 4 month old staring at a tv while my husband and I were eating at BWW. :-?
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Eh, I think it's been kind of boring. Hasn't the whole ipad thing been discussed enough? Include discussions on tv screen time and whether or not your kid will get a cell phone when they are "x" years old.
  • AprilMay9 said:
    AprilMay9 said:
    Also I'm judging anyone with an a14 baby who purposely gives their kid a tablet or phone to play on. I see it the same way as giving your kid McDonald's. They will probably turn out fine but why would you when there are 100 better options?
    It's interesting to me that you'll judge for this, yet you thought I needed to take a chill pill for worrying about my 4 month old staring at a tv while my husband and I were eating at BWW. :-?
    ----- They are totally not the same.
    You're right; the scenarios aren't the same. But I think a baby watching tv is worse than looking at an tablet or smart phone as far as stimulation goes.

• I saw that, but it seemed she was saying now that a game on a tablet is not as bad as tv watching. But there are too many "scenarios," now to keep track of.
    I think it's equally important to restrict screen time for any kind of device, but I was just saying as far as stimulation goes (based on the logic that on a tv you can see several, fast-moving images within seconds, as opposed to something on a phone or tablet [videos excluded] where the images are most likely slower or not moving at all) that tvs are worse.

• AprilMay9 said:
    One is deliberate and on purpose "here baby play with this app" while I do xyz and the other is the baby seeing a screen somewhere unintentionally or not deliberately.

Is it worth reiterating that "on my lap" isn't the same as "while I go do something?" I'd rather words not be put in my mouth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AprilMay9 said:
    One is deliberate and on purpose "here baby play with this app" while I do xyz and the other is the baby seeing a screen somewhere unintentionally or not deliberately.

Is it worth reiterating that "on my lap" isn't the same as "while I go do something?" I'd rather words not be put in my mouth.
    Not trying to speak for AprilMay, but I think at this point it's got diluted down to a general scenario, and not the specific experience that you had the other day at the doctor's office. :-/

• AprilMay9 said:

---------- I think she was referring to @edoliesmom‌... I'm the worst moderator ever
    That's why you're not one! :P

• Lol, sorry! I'm just feeling a little scabby. Was NOT expecting all that.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I called in sick to work today. I have been feeling slightly under the weather, but certainly not too sick to be able to work. I've never done that before...partly it was because DH, who usually stays home with LO on Fridays, had the opportunity to work today, and we could really us the money (I get paid sick leave)

Photobucket imageimage

• BeckyF82 said:
    I only ever mobile Bump and never explore the other app functions (till today!) so I have only just realised I have an inbox and only just seen a message that @mamafantastic sent me in November 2013!! Oops!
    it was thanking you for alerting me to the fact that spastic was a derogatory term in europe toward people with cerebral palsy, right???  every now and then i think about you and remember that comment you made.  i felt like such a schmuck when i realized i had been unknowingly offending people all along!
  • FFFC.. I spent last night lurking other BMBs to try to find a reasonably good idea for a siggy challenge, in case I won.

I didn't get any good ideas, but I totally saw the spam thread @luckysquare was talking about.

• BeckyF82 said:

I only ever mobile Bump and never explore the other app functions (till today!) so I have only just realised I have an inbox and only just seen a message that @mamafantastic sent me in November 2013!! Oops!

it was thanking you for alerting me to the fact that spastic was a derogatory term in europe toward people with cerebral palsy, right???  every now and then i think about you and remember that comment you made.  i felt like such a schmuck when i realized i had been unknowingly offending people all along!

Yep. I am literally SO dumb that it only dawned on me today that you were one and the same person and must have changed your name! lol! Doh!
  • So how about all you ladies that are so offended by my uo yesterday actually read my post instead of grabbing your torches and pitch forks to flame me. I'm fine with being flamed as long as it's actually said. I didn't say my house was spotless or I scrubbed my shit everyday on my hands and knees nor did I say anything about cooking or SOs coming home and sitting on their asses. My is always somewhat put together. I'm talking about women and men who stay home with the kids and having your SO come home and do all the cleaning not what you just didn't get done. I have certain cleaning tasks that I do everyday that only takes 45 minutes at the most my kids are deprived.
  • MamaFantasticMamaFantastic member
    edited August 2014
    ashcole28 said:
    So how about all you ladies that are so offended by my uo yesterday actually read my post instead of grabbing your torches and pitch forks to flame me. I'm fine with being flamed as long as it's actually said. I didn't say my house was spotless or I scrubbed my shit everyday on my hands and knees nor did I say anything about cooking or SOs coming home and sitting on their asses. My is always somewhat put together. I'm talking about women and men who stay home with the kids and having your SO come home and do all the cleaning not what you just didn't get done. I have certain cleaning tasks that I do everyday that only takes 45 minutes at the most my kids are deprived.
    did you see my question from yesterday?  where do you live?  i'm not flaming you, i'm honestly curious.

ETA link:  
  • why did UO migrate into FFFC? 

September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• ashcole28 said:

So how about all you ladies that are so offended by my uo yesterday actually read my post instead of grabbing your torches and pitch forks to flame me. I'm fine with being flamed as long as it's actually said. I didn't say my house was spotless or I scrubbed my shit everyday on my hands and knees nor did I say anything about cooking or SOs coming home and sitting on their asses. My is always somewhat put together. I'm talking about women and men who stay home with the kids and having your SO come home and do all the cleaning not what you just didn't get done. I have certain cleaning tasks that I do everyday that only takes 45 minutes at the most my kids are deprived.

did you see my question from yesterday?  where do you live?  i'm not flaming you, i'm honestly curious.

ETA link:  

I'm from southeastern Ohio
  • huh.  is anyone else here from SE ohio?  is it like that (meaning judging a wife's worth based on the cleanliness of her house) all over your general region, or do you live in a little stepford-y microcosm within your town?

i do so hope someone else from ohio chimes in.
  • i don't have a FB sooooo....... L-)
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• new FFFC!!!

if i could make a facebook group and invite some of you but not others, i totally would.

Um, you totally can. I know I wouldn't be invited, but it's definitely allowed. :P

• What, who doesn't have FB?!
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    i don't have a FB sooooo....... L-)
    Get with the times, Calli.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited August 2014
    What, who doesn't have FB?!
    Well, Calli just said she doesn't, and I know BiRL doesn't either.  Not sure about anyone else.

Edit: Oh, I thought you said, "wait," not "what." My bad. :\">

• huh.  is anyone else here from SE ohio?  is it like that (meaning judging a wife's worth based on the cleanliness of her house) all over your general region, or do you live in a little stepford-y microcosm within your town?

huh.  is anyone else here from SE ohio?  is it like that (meaning judging a wife's worth based on the cleanliness of her house) all over your general region, or do you live in a little stepford-y microcosm within your town?

I can't speak for everyone but all the families that I know are like this. SO still does his share with the kids but when it comes to the house it's my responsibility if I'm home and his if he's home when we are both home we both do it but with company it all boils down to whether I keep a good home.

• This should come as no surprise coming from the rice cereal feeding, tummy sleeping, bed sharing mom with no pets: DD has her own iPad with Hulu. She watches Word World. And I won't bother justifying it because it works for my family.

I'm just not crunchy, y'all. Not even a little.
  • SE Ohio is Amish country, at least where I visit.

Yes it is green house, bakery, metal shop thing and wood work all seperate Amish buildings all on the same road.

• AprilMay9 said:

This should come as no surprise coming from the rice cereal feeding, tummy sleeping, bed sharing mom with no pets: DD has her own iPad with Hulu. She watches Word World. And I won't bother justifying it because it works for my family.

I'm just not crunchy, y'all. Not even a little.

Is dd your a14 baby?
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"