April 2014 Moms

FFFC!

Go!
2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
Married: May 2006
Baby Girl Born: April 2014
If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
I am here to live out loud!

Re: FFFC!

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know how to cook unless it has simple directions and I don't understand most cooking lingo.

• ashcole28 said:

I don't know how to cook unless it has simple directions and I don't understand most cooking lingo.

This totally doesn't mesh with your UO yesterday, what ARE YOU???

Yep something doesn't add up.
  • J&NLJ&NL member

ashcole28 said:

I don't know how to cook unless it has simple directions and I don't understand most cooking lingo.

This totally doesn't mesh with your UO yesterday, what ARE YOU???
    Ashley beat me to it!

FFFC: I am biting my tongue so hard as a million deliciously snarky zingers roll around in my brain. Ohhhh the possibilities!

Right there with you.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • I saw iPad baby toys when I was pregnant and cursed the world up and down about how bad these types of things are for kids....but I found this interactive baby app where she can play a piano and push and move these shapes and so on. I just sit her in my lap and she can spend a whole 10 minutes playing the games. I know she's not actually learning shapes and colors from it, let's not kid ourselves about the learning aspect, but it keeps her occupied and I fully intend on utilizing this. Besides, do we really want to keep our kids away completely from all electronic things? They'll be handling tablets exclusively by the time they're in school anyhow.
    DD1 is starting K and it is nowhere near exclusively tablets or anything else electronic. Not that they won't get that exposure, but a lot of their learning will be w/o. I highly doubt it's changing extremely in 5 years. And why would you want a kid's education to be solely done on a tablet? That's ridiculous. 

Keeping a 4 month old off of a tablet and not watching TV isn't keeping them away from all electronic things, period. It's doing it in developmentally appropriate ways, IMO. 

But yea, I'm one of the "crazy" ones that does close to zero screen time before 2. I don't buy that a tablet or show is the only way to keep a baby happy for 5 minutes. I'd let them cry for a minute to pee before it would ever occur to me to turn on a TV show for them. 

I never said I wanted my kids education to be solely done on a tablet. But does your kindergartener use computers in school? Tablets aren't only used for games and alienating family members, and when utilized responsibly by parents and teachers they can be useful learning tools when needed, in that they hold a lot of information. Anyway, my point was that when I'm sitting in a Drs office waiting room and her crinkly strollers toys are no longer cutting it, I have no mom guilt for putting her in my lap and following a story on my iPad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    Oh and I have another goody since we were on the topic of divorce yesterday.

I married DH two months after my divorce finalized with DDs dad. In my defense, we were separated for a year and a half but we didn't want to bother with the divorce until he finally moved back to town. We went to the courthouse together, filed and a month later it was finalized. Also, I've known DH for almost 10 years so it's not like he was a stranger either.

So technically I've been married since April 2010 but with two different men. I married DH quickly but I do believe I have truly found my match.

Oh and to add, we hid our marriage for like 6 months. Scandal!
  • J&NLJ&NL member

I have a second grader and kindergartener they do use iPads in kinder. They did not use iPads at four freaking months old. They are not behind. I think it is ridiculous for a four month old to be "using" an iPad. Justifying by saying they will use one in kinder is just as ridiculous.

I believe it's more of a distraction at this point. Not completely judge worthy, IMO but then again I'm not a technology nazi.
  • J&NL said:

I have a second grader and kindergartener they do use iPads in kinder. They did not use iPads at four freaking months old. They are not behind. I think it is ridiculous for a four month old to be "using" an iPad. Justifying by saying they will use one in kinder is just as ridiculous.

I believe it's more of a distraction at this point. Not completely judge worthy, IMO but then again I'm not a technology nazi.

Right but kids this age are distracted by anything I don't think technology is necessary. And now I am a technology nazi because I think a four month old being distracted by an iPad is ridiculous? Um okay.
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    Put the pitch forks down.. I'm not saying you are a nazi, I was saying I'M not one. It's just an expression, FFS.
  • J&NL said:

Put the pitch forks down.. I'm not saying you are a nazi, I was saying I'M not one. It's just an expression, FFS.

Oh FFS back to you. Disagreeing with someone and calling them out on a tasteless gross comment does not mean we have our pitch forks out.
  • J&NLJ&NL member

J&NL said:

Oh FFS back to you. Disagreeing with someone and calling them out on a tasteless gross comment does not mean we have our pitch forks out.
    Lol.
  • All she is doing is slapping bright lights for five minutes! Trust me, I get it. I'd have side eyed me too when I had my first baby 12 years ago. I thought a leapfrog was one of the most irresponsible things you could get a baby. Then I got over myself. An IPad in a Drs office is such a god awful idea? Compared to what? I'd rather see a mom reading an interactive book with her baby than sticking a crinkly toy in her face that she has seen a thousand times and is quickly becoming bored with. You've got to have a hundred back up plans when you are carting around two other kids to and from practice and your waiting outside of dance class or you and everyone around you will go insane. Should it be your first and only resort to grab an iPad? No. Nobody has even said that.

Eh Lala and I both have two other kids we are carting around. We don't find it necessary. We will have to agree to disagree on this.
  • SO and I are on our computers a lot at home and also watch a fair amount of TV.  LO will crane her neck around to try and see the screen.   We are doing our best to keep her away from it since screens are way too stimulating for infants but it is a tough battle.  

Grandma bought LO a toy smart phone which isn't really helping our cause.  She also used to park me in front of the boob tube when I was an infant while she watched "Days of Our Lives" and "Search for Tomorrow" so it's not like I grew up screen free even in the 70s. 
  • Wait, don't people refer to themselves as grammar nazis? Why can you not also call yourself a technology nazi?

It's tacky and tasteless both ways.
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    edited August 2014
    Am I offending the nazis? Or that I'm comparing myself to one? ZOMG IM SO OFFENDED SELF. YOU BITCH. (Again.. Calling myself that.)
  • olenkapdx said:

SO and I are on our computers a lot at home and also watch a fair amount of TV.  LO will crane her neck around to try and see the screen.   We are doing our best to keep her away from it since screens are way too stimulating for infants but it is a tough battle.  

Grandma bought LO a toy smart phone which isn't really helping our cause.  She also used to park me in front of the boob tube when I was an infant while she watched "Days of Our Lives" and "Search for Tomorrow" so it's not like I grew up screen free even in the 70s. 

Kids catching glimpses of the tv is going to happen. Heck DS is in his exersaucer right now and I am watching the news he is catching some of it. This is going to happen. This is also very different than shoving a screen in his face to placate him while waiting.

• J&NL said:

Am I offending the nazis? Or that I'm comparing myself to one?

ZOMG IM SO OFFENDED SELF. YOU BITCH.

(Again.. Calling myself that.)

Wow that is so cute.
  • My FFFC:  I just realized I have not seen a Disney film since the 80s.  I looked it up and the last one was The Black Cauldron, which was 29 years ago.  Kids were not in my social group for awhile, what can I say. 

I feel like my streak is fast coming to an end, although I can't say I will be rushing out to park LO in front of some Disney DVDs either. 
  • J&NLJ&NL member
    Am I offending the nazis? Or that I'm comparing myself to one? ZOMG IM SO OFFENDED SELF. YOU BITCH. (Again.. Calling myself that.)
    Wow that is so cute.

I just find it ridiculous you're getting offended for comparing myself to something offensive. Either way, I have no fucks to give today, obviously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"