March 2015 Moms
Options

Can I do a GTKY?

Re: Can I do a GTKY?

• Options
    Auto claims bodily injury adjuster.

It can be a difficult job and certainly isn't my dream job, but it pays well! :((
  • Options
    @Cinderella021714 - there are awesome incentives in signing up right now (could even get your money back for joining so definitely talk to your friend about joining her team :)
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm an HR Coordinator for a non profit. I enjoy what I do and I love working for an agency that does so much good for low income families.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I do have to mention @melissat2742‌ and how the hell can I buy candy from you?? Dear lord you have my dream job haha. I'm a chocoholic...

Lol...The name of our store is Goodies Handmade Candies, you can order from our website www.goodiescandies.com all year round, but right now it costs a little extra for shipping due to warm weather.
    ****quote****

Holy crap, how do you work in a candy store while pregnant and not eat yourself out of business?

I would gain a million pounds and be bankrupt in a week.

Ha ha. I was thinking the same thing. This is how I gained my "freshman 15" which was more like 30. I worked at a chocolate store in a mall!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am the Director of Ministries at my church. So I am in charge of fellowship events along with our outreach to the members of bothe our congregation and community. I've been there just under a year, and I love it. They are going to let me do some of my work from home after the LO gets here.
  • Options
    I'm a vp at a PR agency. I've been doing PR since I graduated from college 10 years ago and I love it. 

BFP #1 7/13/14 EDD 3/26/15

• Options
    Now I am angry that my H ate the last of the dark chocolate covered pretzels.

BFP #1 7/13/14 EDD 3/26/15

• Options
    @Skrittens - I'm also a CPA, although at a small firm (think like 8 people). As a tax consultant do you still have a busy season early in the year? How long of a maternity leave are you planning to take, and will it impact work a lot? At a small firm, my leaving (I'm due in early March) is going to be interesting for our tax season, but they'll make it work :).
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    I do IT Configuration Management for a government agency. Its boring but it pays the bills. Plus its low stress and the hours are good.
               for all M15 loss moms

• Options
    Fun thread, I love the diversity!

I am a graduate student working on my doctorate in clinical psychology. Classes start up again next week! I currently have an assistantship where I do court-ordered chemical dependency and mental health assessments out of a Public Defender's office.  As soon as my contract comes through I'll have another assistantship providing therapy for the clients at the local county health center. 

March '15 October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Costume Fail

BFP #1: 4.3.14
    EDD: 12.2.14
    M/C: 5.11.14

BFP #2: 7.4.14
    EDD: 3.10.15
  • Options
    I'm a Registered Psychiatric Nurse. I work on an acute, adult inpatient unit. My job can be very mentally and emotionally draining but I love what I do!

I also teach a university course for the faculty of nursing.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    createmagic14createmagic14 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm a middle school STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) teacher. I've taught fifth-grade math and ELA, seventh-grade math (and ELA and social studies at various times), and seventh-grade science. This is my first year in this position. I'd like to go back to fifth, but nothing is available in my district, and I need to stay where I am for maternity leave reasons. @Stephy129 I understand what you mean. There are definitely days when the bureaucracy threatens to drive me out.

ETA:  I also coach competitive gymnastics part-time.  I wish I could do it full-time, but it doesn't pay enough :-(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I am a teacher, and was planning to stay teaching, but now that I found out there are two babies I may rethink that. Daycare is pricey, and teachers don't make much.
  • Options
    I'm a Pre-K teacher. I had planned on starting school in the fall to finish my teaching license but I'm debating holding off on that. I just don't know if after baby is born if I'll be motivated to finish.
  • Options
    Head teller at a bank. Hoping to be a SAHM, but that's more likely if we have a 2nd down the road.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm an elementary school teacher. I will be taking 2 years to be home with my two kids once this baby is born.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Current SAHM, was an analyst for a financial data solutions company before little man. No intention of ever going back. If I decide I want to work outside the home later I'd rather paint murals part time and set my own hours.
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Options
    I am a environmental engineer for a big water utility company, specializing in wastewater & stormwater
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP 8/28/07, M/C 11/10/07

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

My BFP Chart|DIY obsessed

• Options
    I am currently a SAHM it has been a big adjustment for me , but I do enjoy watching DD go through her changes. I am in the process of freelancing ( I'm a designer for womenswear ) however I'm not sure I will be able to continue , at least not until I get the hang of 3 under 2.

I do enjoy the creative process :)
    < image
  • Options
    I'm gonna kind of be a SAHM but full time nursing studenf
  • Options
    L&D nurse for 15 yrs. I recently started only working 2 days/week, and picking up a few shifts per month in outpatient Endoscopy.
  • Options
    College Professor in Education

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Part time trauma nurse part time psych student part time SAHM.
    imageimageimage
      imageimage
    image   image

August Siggy Challenge Photobomb
  • Options
    I'm a project manager for a stock transfer company (we manage corporate stock issuer's records/shares/shareholders). Right now I do a lot of IT development projects for the shareholder services folks (the people who answer the phones and emails and manage shareholder contact). I love it. My company is great. They're very progressive, have amazing benefits, and they're involved in communities. I get to do a lot of travel for client visits and I train a lot of people on systems and processes. It's the best. I don't feel comfortable saying who our clients are because that would tell you exactly who I work for, but I get to work with a lot of really cool companies/stock issuers I never thought I'd have anything to do with.

I love my job. And I love the people I work with. 

That said, my graduate degree is in Evolutionary Biology and Human Reproductive Ecology. And if anything ever goes wrong with this place, I'd be happy to go back to doing that.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ilovemyducks21‌ - love meeting fellow accountants! I'm due early March and I don't have a traditional busy season. I do transaction consulting so my busy season is project based (in other words...all year long!). I'll be a little busier in Jan but that should taper off in Feb. I am going to try to take on a slightly lighter load (so no 80-100 hour weeks this year) and reduce travel in the third trimester. I love my job but the hours can be a killer and unhealthy if I don't watch it.

I'll probably take 6 weeks - maybe less if my husband will stay home and I am healthy enough - and then ideally go back for maybe 2 -3 days a week and plan to be back full time by May. Most people I work with take longer but financially and career wise, it makes more sense for me to go back as soon as I can. My H will then stay home until we are ready to send babe to daycare or have a nanny.

Good luck and keep me updated with how your year is going!

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    Wow so many different careers!

I'm a SAHM but before DD I was the Marketing and PR Manager for a boutique retail shop. I did everything from all the social media marketing to planning events, organizing charity donations, and working on the company websites. It would have been awesome if my boss wasn't a completely unorganized crazy person half the time. Plus I worked with my H there (he was the Customer Service Manager) so that was an experience in itself to literally spend all day every day together. His desk was about 5 feet from mine. Some days were awesome, some I wanted to kill him LOL

• Options
    I'm the Director of Community Benefit for a non-profit hospital. I conduct community needs assessments then design and implement programs based on the findings. I am currently working on a pediatric obesity initiative.

I love my job but will be giving it up next year to be a SAHM. I'm equally ecstatic and terrified at the idea of not having to go to an office everyday.
  • Options
    Wow it's great to see so many different careers.
    I currently am working as a children's mental health clinician. I love it it is my dream job. I currently work out of the children's aid society.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I work in the transportation industry. I manage a small call center and walk-up center that provides customer service for the fare products of a train system.

I'd like to go back to school for culinary arts. I absolutely love cooking and would really like to get into a career that I can enjoy every day.
  • Options
    I work in a daycare. Not too glorious but I love my kiddos(I work with two year olds) and get 70% off school tuition, so thats a plus!
  • Options
    I'm a special educator for high school aged students with moderate disabilities. I will be thrilled to have most of these first trimester side effects over and done with before the next school year starts!
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM mom but before that I was an elementary teacher.

My family owns a power sports dealership so I do help out there once in awhile. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am an IT professional for local local government and an It Works distributor. I love both.
    Baby 2.0 
    BabyFetus Ticker 
     Maya 
    Our Family Easter 2014

My Blog

• Options
    I'm a speech language pathologist at a university hospital. I'm part of the pediatric neuro rehab team. I work with kids with acquired brain injuries from car/various accidents, cancer treatments, strokes, and the like. Tough stuff, but rewarding, for the most part.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"