September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I watched Girl Meets World last night. 
    Me too. I had Boy Meets World on during nap time. So when I saw Girl Meets World was on, I couldn't pass it up. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH keeps telling DD2 that she's "not as cute as DD1" and complaining about how much he "hates babies" I told him he's being an asshole and he got all offended. For the record DD1 wasn't particuarly cute until 4ish weeks and DD2 is plenty cute so he needs to STFU. 

I'm 90% sure that this is going to end up with an epic blowout fight this weekend. I'm A-OKAY with it. He is welcome to like the toddler better, I get that she's way more fun than a 3 week old, but give it 3 months and the baby will be a bunch more fun too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @shiggybop - If that's flameworthy, you can add me to the list of people to flam.  I was always on some electronic device when BFing both boys in the middle of the night.  And I feel very bonded to them 4 & 2 years later.

@redneckmomma25 - I think it's totally natural to feel that way.  Just try to remember that the spectrum of when kids learn skills is very wide.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    AKB090609 said:
    DH keeps telling DD2 that she's "not as cute as DD1" and complaining about how much he "hates babies" I told him he's being an asshole and he got all offended. For the record DD1 wasn't particuarly cute until 4ish weeks and DD2 is plenty cute so he needs to STFU. 

I'm 90% sure that this is going to end up with an epic blowout fight this weekend. I'm A-OKAY with it. He is welcome to like the toddler better, I get that she's way more fun than a 3 week old, but give it 3 months and the baby will be a bunch more fun too.
    DH struggled w/ DS2 because he swore, "the baby just hated him."  He never said anything about cuteness, but definitely wasn't as connected to DS2 during the baby stage as he was with DS1.  This is why I spent a lot of time with the baby while DH managed the toddler.  It didn't take long before it changed, but the beginning is hard.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    27boo27boo member
    edited July 2014
    95% of what A says is no, hi, bye, or an expression like wow or uh oh. She doesn't ask for things by name or even copy me when I say them to her. I keep telling myself that it will all just come out at some point.

Eta: typo
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    AKB090609 said:

DH struggled w/ DS2 because he swore, "the baby just hated him."  He never said anything about cuteness, but definitely wasn't as connected to DS2 during the baby stage as he was with DS1.  This is why I spent a lot of time with the baby while DH managed the toddler.  It didn't take long before it changed, but the beginning is hard.
    I'm okay with him not being all in love with the baby, it can be hard to love someone who is super high needs, but it bugs the crap out of me that he's blaming it on her 'level of cuteness'. 
  • Options
    I have no idea how long G had a poopy diaper. I can't smell and she didn't tell me nor did I hear her. I also still get very jealous/worried when people talk about what their kids are saying. So childish of me.
    I'm in the same boat as far as the talking goes.  When we were on vacation a week ago there as 26 month old talking in full clear sentences while DD just points and grunts and says her 5 - 10 words that most people wouldn't be able to discern.  

I finally gave EI a call just to have peace of mind.  

• Options
    @AKB090609 I don't care if she's too young to understand, I think it's kind of shitty that he's saying that directly TO her.
    EXACTLY! This kid is going to be compared to her sister for her whole life by other people, as most siblings are, why does he need to do it to her in such a negative way when she's so little? I feel like he should get this because he was the little brother by only 3 years, my siblings were all much older and half or step so I didn't have a traditional sibling dynamic with any of them.
  • Options
    "Jack is probably getting ready to drop his nap,"DH pointed out to me in a text after I told him that Jack after 20 min and scared the living day lights out of me.  I suggested to DH that maybe we get him a clock for his room and teach him that he can get up only if it says __:__ 
    I'm not going down without a fight! The only way I survived this summer while in 1st tri was having my own downtime when the boys were upstairs napping. I DO call it "rest time" for Jack, and I check on him after about 30-45 min. If he's asleep then I let him sleep, if he's awake he can look at books in his room until after naptime is over. Will's sleep determines when nap time is over. 
    Most days when we are busy like with swimming lessons or a park trip, he sleeps. But of course the 
    Past 2 days when I've needed to do things to prep for our trip that he decides to have a nap-strike. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    @amandad715 we have an OK to Wake clock in James' room. It helped when he was getting up way to early and it would probably help with naps too. We took a different route when he was resisting quiet time in his room and let him watch a movie laying down on the couch or floor during quiet time and he always falls asleep. But that is only on the weekends. At school, he still lays down on the cot and falls asleep.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @hmp1‌ Thanks for the tip. I think I looked at something like that on Amazon about a month ago. I only have a few weeks of summer left, but I guess it'd be worth it for weekends once school starts back up. He ALWAYS sleeps at the sitter's mainly because we're up and out the door early. And I know that when he starts preschool part time, he'll be so tired from that too. 
    With our summer schedule being relaxed, weekends included, he's getting up later, so I know he may not NEED a nap daily. But I need him to rest and do quiet things for a while so that Will can sleep and so that I can "clean up" and "fold laundry" aka-catch up on my shows, FB, bump, etc. 
    DH thinks it's an easy fix. Drop the nap. He isn't here during the day to know how necessary the downtime is for Jack too. It recharges him and as a teacher I love that he can keep himself busy for awhile just "reading" books. He can be a beast at bedtime those non-nap days, too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I watched Girl Meets World last night. 

My husband and I tried to watch the first episode and it was too painful. Please tell me you didn't enjoy it?!?! 

PS this is far as I've gotten so ignore if discussed further!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"