September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

124»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Try finger painting in the bathtub (shaving cream or yogurt with food coloring) or just a bath. My mom was a single patent and her favorite advice that she received was that if she ever couldn't stand me, throw me into the bath to play. I love water and we are sure that is the cause. Ds will happily play for more than an hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @melsax i need to see a pic!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    BEST NEWS TODAY:  DH is going to MIL's to pick up LO.  I just realized she will feed them both and I will pick up ChicFila on the way home.  YAY!!!!!!!!!
    There's a ChicFilA 10 minutes from me and I've never been.  I was just talking to someone about this last week.  What's the best thing on the menu??
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My Dr told me today that he "doesn't think I'll make it to my next appointment" because...the baby's head is so low and I've dilated from 0 to 1 cm ("significant progress").  The confession part is that I got excited for about 5 minutes until I got to the car and reminded myself that that means less than absolutely nothing.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My Dr told me today that he "doesn't think I'll make it to my next appointment" because...the baby's head is so low and I've dilated from 0 to 1 cm ("significant progress").  The confession part is that I got excited for about 5 minutes until I got to the car and reminded myself that that means less than absolutely nothing.
    My doctor told me the same thing today, I told him I'd see him at my RCS appt. he laughed and said 'at least your realistic'!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you didn't receive pitocin during labor, then it is shot directly into your Iv after birth, not hung on an Iv pole.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since we're talking about PP stuff...

I'm finally not afraid of the bathroom. I had the worst constipation this time after the c section and was traumatized by what I had to go through to get back to regularity. On top of that I got a bladder infection so it hurt to pee, too. I basically dreaded anytime I had to go to the bathroom because I know it was just going to be pain.

Also, I haven't typed up a birth story (and probably won't) because of how chaotic and scary the whole thing was. Every time I think about it my mind wanders to the "what ifs" and how things could have been worse than they were and I freak out. I have to remind myself that things had a happy ending and I can't get panicky over what didn't happen.

Anniversary

• Options
    The problem that I have overall with caregivers is that sure, you can discuss your plans with your doctor so you aren't dealing with it heat of the moment, but your doctor might not be the one to deliver your baby. I typed up a birth plan (really short, maybe 6 lines) and one of the things was not to offer me pain medicine, as I had discussed my options with my doctor and knew what was available to me. Every time the nurse came in to check me she offered me an epidural. Also, I discussed with my OB that I didn't want pitocin after birth, I would prefer to latch and nurse my baby right away because nursing stimulates contractions. Colby was over an hour old before I was able to nurse him due to medical interventions. I ended up getting the pit shot.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    The problem that I have overall with caregivers is that sure, you can discuss your plans with your doctor so you aren't dealing with it heat of the moment, but your doctor might not be the one to deliver your baby. I typed up a birth plan (really short, maybe 6 lines) and one of the things was not to offer me pain medicine, as I had discussed my options with my doctor and knew what was available to me. Every time the nurse came in to check me she offered me an epidural. Also, I discussed with my OB that I didn't want pitocin after birth, I would prefer to latch and nurse my baby right away because nursing stimulates contractions. Colby was over an hour old before I was able to nurse him due to medical interventions. I ended up getting the pit shot.
    Re:  The birth plan, that would be really, really frustrating to me.  I didn't have a birth plan last time.  At the hospital where I delivered, RNs only had one patient while they were laboring.  Unless you come in ready to push or having some kind of emergency, there's really no good excuse to not read over a 6-point birth plan and try to respect it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

BEST NEWS TODAY:  DH is going to MIL's to pick up LO.  I just realized she will feed them both and I will pick up ChicFila on the way home.  YAY!!!!!!!!!

There's a ChicFilA 10 minutes from me and I've never been.  I was just talking to someone about this last week.  What's the best thing on the menu??

The sauces, haha.

The deluxe chicken sandwich or nugs. The fries. And the most amazing sauces are Polynesian, BBQ, and Chicfila Sauce.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Oh, and you should get sauces even if you don't order nugs. For the fries, yo!

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    Since we're talking about PP stuff... I'm finally not afraid of the bathroom. I had the worst constipation this time after the c section and was traumatized by what I had to go through to get back to regularity. On top of that I got a bladder infection so it hurt to pee, too. I basically dreaded anytime I had to go to the bathroom because I know it was just going to be pain. Also, I haven't typed up a birth story (and probably won't) because of how chaotic and scary the whole thing was. Every time I think about it my mind wanders to the "what ifs" and how things could have been worse than they were and I freak out. I have to remind myself that things had a happy ending and I can't get panicky over what didn't happen.
    Can I suggest that you give it a little time and consider typing it up when he's a bit older? DD's birth was similar in a lot of ways to your sons and it took me a few months to not have really negative emotions every time I thought about it. But now I'm glad that I took the time to write it up, it helped me deal with what happened, get past it, and be thankful for how things ended up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MelsaX said:
    I buy size 24 or 26 jumpers to wear as slouchy knits with leggings. I feel bad about it, and I don't know why.
    I steal my husband's.  They make such nice things in merino wool for men...
  • Options
    I don't think it is shaming at all. You can wear whatever is comfortable (and doesn't get you posted on the People of Walmart site), especially if it is to hang around the house. Now excuse me while I go look for my Little Mermaid leggings. :-\"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like my baby more than my toddler these days. Mainly because she doesn't talk back. But I feel it took me longer to truly fall in love with her than it did Beb. It brings tears to my eyes just typing it. I love her with everything but it's just different. I really don't know how to properly put it in words. 

've also had 2.5 glasses of wine this evening.

• Options
    I felt the same way with my second.
  • Options
    and cue the ugly cry. I need to go bed.

• Options
    danabsd said:
    and cue the ugly cry. I need to go bed.
    ::Hugs:: I think all of us with two kiddos get it. 
    PS-jealous of your wine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have one that opened in late winter and it took me until May to get there. Both times I went, I got the same thing a REAL lemonade, which was nothing short of AMAZING, and a chicken Cobb salad with some sort of avocado ranch dressing. Super yum. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    danabsd said:
    I like my baby more than my toddler these days. Mainly because she doesn't talk back. But I feel it took me longer to truly fall in love with her than it did Beb. It brings tears to my eyes just typing it. I love her with everything but it's just different. I really don't know how to properly put it in words. 

Yup, this all happen to me....it's funny too, I took lots of baby pictures of Cruz and at the time thought he was a strange, akward looking baby.  But now when I look at (most) of those pictures and watch the videos and think he was SUPER ADORABLE. He just took me longer to appreciate. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"