September 2012 Moms

FFFC

I'm going start this weeks off. Annnnd go!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: FFFC

• Mine are Ethan related and I feel awful about them:

I'm feeling really guilty about the amount of tv E has been watching lately. Yesterday was close to an hour in the morning. I don't know how to stop though.

I dread coming home from work in the afternoons most days. I get home at 3 and from 3-7 are the hardest. E spends a lot of time not listening, I've been getting frustrated and the days I don't feel well are even harder.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Loading the player...
  • Spoof, we haven't cut grapes in a while either.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't cut J's grapes and didn't give it a second thought until I saw the grape thread and realized that I'm probably a bad mom. Whooooops.
    I haven't cut grapes since L had all 8 front teeth. I also don't cut hot dogs when she gets them.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I've never cut grapes, hot dogs, or really any food actually. ;)
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Fffc: I'm paranoid about my kids choking. I never give them food in the car either. I gave them a snack last week in the car when I had to pick Sd up right smack in the middle of dinner time. I had to pull over on the highway because Colby started choking. Guess I am back to never giving them food in the car.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BPerBPer member
    Eastie156 said:
    Mine are Ethan related and I feel awful about them: I'm feeling really guilty about the amount of tv E has been watching lately. Yesterday was close to an hour in the morning. I don't know how to stop though. I dread coming home from work in the afternoons most days. I get home at 3 and from 3-7 are the hardest. E spends a lot of time not listening, I've been getting frustrated and the days I don't feel well are even harder.
    I can relate here.

After I pick DD up from daycare, I feed her dinner, and then we snuggle on the couch and watch Mickey or Sesame Street or something for 45 minutes or so until bed time.

I'm in constant pain, constantly exhausted and am responsible for 90% of the day-to-day stuff with Hannah while H is at work, on top of working full time myself.

I'm trying to cut myself some slack here though.

• After I delivered Traycen, I looked up on the IV pole and saw a bag of Pitocin. It has still bothered me to this day... why did I get that? His heart rate kept dropping, but no one ever said anything to me. They just kept moving me around, giving me oxygen, etc. I guess I was too excited to ask questions. I am glad they didn't tell me because I would have went in freak out mode, but I just feel like it was weird.  I am assuming that if I had not been dilated to a 6 when I got to the hospital things would have been more urgent. 

But, I also wonder if my water being broken for so long (10 hours) from onset of labor to delivery had anything to do with him spending over a week in the NICU with neonatal pneumonia. I have convinced myself that it was because he had the hiccups while I was pushing him out. Yes, weirdest feeling ever.

No point to this rambling post, this was just my thoughts on the way to work this morning. I guess the FFFC is that it bothers me almost 2 years later.

• watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited June 2014
    kdsmith43 said:

After I delivered Traycen, I looked up on the IV pole and saw a bag of Pitocin. It has still bothered me to this day... why did I get that? His heart rate kept dropping, but no one ever said anything to me. They just kept moving me around, giving me oxygen, etc. I guess I was too excited to ask questions. I am glad they didn't tell me because I would have went in freak out mode, but I just feel like it was weird.  I am assuming that if I had not been dilated to a 6 when I got to the hospital things would have been more urgent. 

But, I also wonder if my water being broken for so long (10 hours) from onset of labor to delivery had anything to do with him spending over a week in the NICU with neonatal pneumonia. I have convinced myself that it was because he had the hiccups while I was pushing him out. Yes, weirdest feeling ever.

No point to this rambling post, this was just my thoughts on the way to work this morning. I guess the FFFC is that it bothers me almost 2 years later.

It's typical to give pitocin after labor to help the uterus contract.  I think it's standard procedure to give it if you have an IV and haven't asked to not receive it, as it can lower the chances of bloodloss in the mother and get your uterus back to normal size faster. 

I always kick myself when I have questions I don't ask my doctor on the spot, cause I never go back later to ask, but I'd stay bothered too (or look it up on webmd.)

ETA: Can't tell from your post if you received the pit during labor or after.  I'd be concerned if they gave it to you during labor without asking you about it, but they do give it really quickly once the baby is out.
  • The Director's secretary just made me coffee thinking it was his. I thanked her, but I am irritated that she was making his coffee at all. He isn't that busy and that is not in her job description.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • My FFFC is that I've stopped making special things for DS to eat at dinner. He has gotten so picky that a lot of the time he just won't eat. So if he doesn't eat, he just sits there until we are done and then I get him down. DH thinks he is too young but I don't. He will eat if he is hungry... as evidenced by the two pieces of cinnamon toast he inhaled this morning.
    We're like this too. I refuse to make him something special because OMG he won't he a hot dog. What kid doesn't like them btw or chicken nuggets? He eats what he wants/likes then he's done. I can't for the life me get him to sit at the table while DH and I finish though. It's ridiculous.

• I want more coffee but I didn't eat breakfast. What to do, what to do.

More coffee and a banana. Early lunch.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • My FFFC is that I've stopped making special things for DS to eat at dinner. He has gotten so picky that a lot of the time he just won't eat. So if he doesn't eat, he just sits there until we are done and then I get him down. DH thinks he is too young but I don't. He will eat if he is hungry... as evidenced by the two pieces of cinnamon toast he inhaled this morning.
    We do this too.  Some nights the kids eat, sometimes they don't.  It's their choice.  Since we started really sticking to it, Maya has become a better eater.  She's still really picky and goes without some nights, but she tries way more things than she used to.  I think seeing other kids at daycare has contributed to the positive progress as well.
  • miss50 said:
    I raided my grandma's closet, and I've had nothing but compliments about my findings. Score!
    My grandma was a very good dresser. We actually had a few items of clothing that were the same. She was a very tiny woman though. LIke 4'10" 80ish lbs. Yeah I'm not a petite small nor have I ever been. Plus she had some amazing shoes but she was a 6/7. I was so sad that I couldn't fit in anything of hers.

• kdsmith43 said:

After I delivered Traycen, I looked up on the IV pole and saw a bag of Pitocin. It has still bothered me to this day... why did I get that? His heart rate kept dropping, but no one ever said anything to me. They just kept moving me around, giving me oxygen, etc. I guess I was too excited to ask questions. I am glad they didn't tell me because I would have went in freak out mode, but I just feel like it was weird.  I am assuming that if I had not been dilated to a 6 when I got to the hospital things would have been more urgent. 

The same thing happened to me with DS! I had Group B strep, so had an IV, but no one told me they also gave me Pitocin. Kind of shady.

• MIL made DD a quilt for get big girl bed, it is ugly, the pattern and fabrics she picked are too busy and bright together. We will use it (the backside is a cute fabric), but I also got DD a pottery barn duvet(which I will hide when MIL visits).

I will never tell MIL that the quilt is ugly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    More coffee is always a good idea.

• I couldn't wait for DH to go to bed this morning (he worked night shift again,) just so I could change Sophia out of the outfit he put her in without his knowing. 

You can't do butterflies on the shirt and flowers on the shorts, it's pattern overload!  I don't want to tell him though, or he'll be hesitant to get her dressed in the morning.
  • BPerBPer member
    This pregnancy has been so goddamn miserable that I don't even want to try to breastfeed at this point.

• I stream music from my company cell phone all the time. They pay the bill.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • I couldn't wait for DH to go to bed this morning (he worked night shift again,) just so I could change Sophia out of the outfit he put her in without his knowing. 

You can't do butterflies on the shirt and flowers on the shorts, it's pattern overload!  I don't want to tell him though, or he'll be hesitant to get her dressed in the morning.

I started laying out clothes for L every night during her bedtime routine. It keeps her matching, I still get to pick her outfits (since I actually check the weather) and DH doesn't have to pick in the mornings.

He dresses her on weekends in whatever he wants which usually means a pattern explosion because he thinks it is funny.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Flamingemu said:
    The Director's secretary just made me coffee thinking it was his. I thanked her, but I am irritated that she was making his coffee at all. He isn't that busy and that is not in her job description.
    My FFFC is that if you are an assistant or secretary working for someone, your job is to do anything they ask within reason.  Coffee sounds fine to me.
    I think my problem with it is that I know her bill rate (she is a contractor and I pay her bills) and I feel like we as an organization should better spending our minimal budget.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • BobKat22 said:
    I don't think pitocin is the devil. That's always been flameful around here. According to my BFF who does L&D it's pretty much common practice for everyone to get it. At least at every hospital she has worked in.
    The night I went into labor with L, I was the only one who didn't get it (my OB told me). I also had major bleeding issues. My uterus could have had some help contracting. I might ask for it next time.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"