September 2012 Moms

A regular chat

13»

Re: A regular chat

• Ugh. Woke up to dozens of ants coming in from a random corner wall this morning. Killed them with reckless abandonment & Lysol wipes, then cleaned that patch of floor. Repeat 2 hours later. Repeat after lunch including vacuuming and sweeping. And more stupid fuckers came back once I came down from putting the boys down from their nap, which took about 20 min. We don't have any ant spray in the house and I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle. So, now I'm bumping.

But I will win the war. >:)

Do you have some borax? Mix a couple of tablespoons with honey or syrup in a lid or something flat, leave it down for a few days and it should get rid of the ants. You cannot kill the ants tho which is the tough part. Also block it off so your boys (and pets) don't get into it.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • BPerBPer member

I can't keep eating like this.  I can't be bigger than last time.  I need to exercise.  I just feel sick unless I'm eating something breadish.  Right now it's stove top stuffing.

Don't worry, I ate like 2000 calories worth of carbs a day in the beginning, but for the past 3 months, 90% of my diet has been strawberry/yogurt smoothies and strawberry granola parfaits from Panera. I have no idea why, but give me all the strawberries.

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh. Woke up to dozens of ants coming in from a random corner wall this morning. Killed them with reckless abandonment & Lysol wipes, then cleaned that patch of floor. Repeat 2 hours later. Repeat after lunch including vacuuming and sweeping. And more stupid fuckers came back once I came down from putting the boys down from their nap, which took about 20 min. We don't have any ant spray in the house and I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle. So, now I'm bumping.

But I will win the war. >:)

I read somewhere that cinnamon deters them. Could you sprinkle some where they are coming in from?
  • jessk86 said:
    Ugh. Woke up to dozens of ants coming in from a random corner wall this morning. Killed them with reckless abandonment & Lysol wipes, then cleaned that patch of floor. Repeat 2 hours later. Repeat after lunch including vacuuming and sweeping. And more stupid fuckers came back once I came down from putting the boys down from their nap, which took about 20 min. We don't have any ant spray in the house and I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle. So, now I'm bumping. But I will win the war. >:)
    I read somewhere that cinnamon deters them. Could you sprinkle some where they are coming in from?
    It's true!  If you can find the entry point and sprinkle a line of cinnamon to block it, it works.

Warning: The following is not PETA approved.

You can also make a little mound of cinnamon, drop an ant inside of it, and watch it go absofuckinglutely nuts.  The cinnamon interferes with their senses somehow and they flip out completely.  When you're pissed at the ants that infested your fresh-baked coffee cake, it's pretty glorious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh. Woke up to dozens of ants coming in from a random corner wall this morning. Killed them with reckless abandonment & Lysol wipes, then cleaned that patch of floor. Repeat 2 hours later. Repeat after lunch including vacuuming and sweeping. And more stupid fuckers came back once I came down from putting the boys down from their nap, which took about 20 min. We don't have any ant spray in the house and I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle. So, now I'm bumping. But I will win the war. >:)
    I had to get ant traps recently. They're working like a charm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"