September 2012 Moms

A regular chat

I feel like talking, anyone else? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: A regular chat

• Hi, talk away my friend.  I love when you are on this board!

How are you feeling?  What's going on?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have the man flu.  Body aches, head crap, sore throat.  I'm queasy but idk if that's the flu, or just another day being pregnant.  I forgot how much this sucks.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey THT! Sorry you feel crappy :(
  • I work with a guy that over-offers commissions to people.  Like, I could offer $2k commission and the person would be ecstatic.  He offers $10k, and basically creates fucking monsters.  People get crazy and desperate when they are offered a reward that is too large (i.e. too good to be true).

• The cuteness of squishy babies always makes us forget the the other stuff!  

Hope you feel better soon.  And don't get anymore poop pop ins in the near future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MommaP12 said:
    Hi, talk away my friend.  I love when you are on this board!

Aww!  I wish I could hang out every day.  This is my happy place :-p

I was so happy and thankful that I was feeling great this pregnancy, and I had always envisioned #2 being this way!  LOL...... now I feel like shit.  I'm trying to remember when the nausea stopped last time. 

• Hey THT! Sorry you feel crappy :(
    Hayyyy.  Thanks.  Like I said, manflu.  I have been especially whiny lately.

What's goin on at work today?

• Feel better THT. Being sick and pregnant is hard stuff.

I had softball last night and we had this strange guy show up at the games. He was older, mid 60's. He tried give me money if I hit in a certain spot on the field. Then he called me by my name and then called me "Hollywood." I thought he was there to watch someone else play on the team but after the games we found out no. He wasn't just friendly with me though so I don't think I have a stalker. It was so strange.

We have a large tree in our front yard that I love. It gives our yard/house a ton of shade later in the day. I grows pretty fast so every 2 years we have someone come trim it. My neighbor, we'll call him Tim asked if he could have one of the limbs cut off because the leaves were getting on his truck. His driveway is about 15-20 ft from the tree. I said no because the limb was a good 3 ft around. It would look stupid. We'd trim it up nice. I stopped home today when they were there and I told him he was getting his wish, the tree was getting trimmed and that dicks response was "Yeah well it's not good enough. I stopped at the gas station today and I couldn't see out my window." Seriously dude? It's a tree. They have leaves, get over it. Mind you his driveway is 2x wider than what he needs but he refuses to park over 5ft. I'm so annoyed with his anal a*s. He also vacuums his driveway if that helps explain the crazy.

• Oh... just normal end of payperiod craziness. I have to meet with our CFO later so he can sign eleventy billion change forms. He is not going to me happy with me.
  • Yesterday and today have been really weird. I feel like I am on the verge of a full-blown melt down. Every little thing makes me laugh hysterically our want to cry. I'm also hungry ALL THE TIME.

Save me from me?
  • MommaP12 said:
    The cuteness of squishy babies always makes us forget the the other stuff!  

Hope you feel better soon.  And don't get anymore poop pop ins in the near future.
    So true!  I want a squish soooo bad!  I'm looking forward to my ML and just hanging out with an infant while W is at daycare.  That sounds crazy!

You know what was worse than the poop pop in?  The incessant apologies that MIL delivered at our art class last night.  None of them were actual apologies because it was all just excuses and rambling.  I had to say it was okay in 20 different ways...exhausting.  By the end of art class, all 10 people knew that I took a big dump in my kitchen bathroom on Tuesday.  Lolololol

• Yesterday and today have been really weird. I feel like I am on the verge of a full-blown melt down. Every little thing makes me laugh hysterically our want to cry. I'm also hungry ALL THE TIME.

Save me from me?
    You sound...................................................pregnant?
    Lolz. If the facking IUD failed I'm going to be pissed.
  • The hungry thing may just be my metabolism finally kicking up a notch from working out.
  • Pokedot said:

He also vacuums his driveway if that helps explain the crazy.

@-)
    Yup! He ridiculously anal. He had a Shop Vac not a Bissell but still! He's 55, not 90 btw. I kind of wanted to tell him to STFU but ya know we'll be living next to them until they die so we can't get too heated.

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited June 2014
    Pokedot said:

Feel better THT. Being sick and pregnant is hard stuff.

I had softball last night and we had this strange guy show up at the games. He was older, mid 60's. He tried give me money if I hit in a certain spot on the field. Then he called me by my name and then called me "Hollywood." I thought he was there to watch someone else play on the team but after the games we found out no. He wasn't just friendly with me though so I don't think I have a stalker. It was so strange.

We have a large tree in our front yard that I love. It gives our yard/house a ton of shade later in the day. I grows pretty fast so every 2 years we have someone come trim it. My neighbor, we'll call him Tim asked if he could have one of the limbs cut off because the leaves were getting on his truck. His driveway is about 15-20 ft from the tree. I said no because the limb was a good 3 ft around. It would look stupid. We'd trim it up nice. I stopped home today when they were there and I told him he was getting his wish, the tree was getting trimmed and that dicks response was "Yeah well it's not good enough. I stopped at the gas station today and I couldn't see out my window." Seriously dude? It's a tree. They have leaves, get over it. Mind you his driveway is 2x wider than what he needs but he refuses to park over 5ft. I'm so annoyed with his anal a*s. He also vacuums his driveway if that helps explain the crazy.

1.  That is fucking creepy.  If he shows up again, you should let someone know or have DH come to a game.

eta:1.2:  thank you for the well wishes

2.  Our neighbor also hates our trees.  They were here when we moved in; we get them trimmed every year and keep them off their houses (which is expensive as fuck!).  She offered to pay half last time if she could tell them what she'd like trimmed.  I should have taken an after picture.  Her yard went from full shade to full sun (her objective).... and the tree people didn't even do everything she asked for.  Eventually they called us.  Ha!  I came home and was like FAWK.

• The hungry thing may just be my metabolism finally kicking up a notch from working out.
    How much have you been working out?  Good for you!

I have.....................................................not been working out.  At all. 

Also, take a deep breath!  Is it your crunch time at work that is making you feel like breaking down?

• Pokedot said:
    Pokedot said:

He also vacuums his driveway if that helps explain the crazy.

@-)
    Yup! He ridiculously anal. He had a Shop Vac not a Bissell but still! He's 55, not 90 btw. I kind of wanted to tell him to STFU but ya know we'll be living next to them until they die so we can't get too heated.
    When you said vacuum, i figured you meant a leaf blower.  But wow, literally a vacuum. 

I have.....................................................not been working out.  At all. 

Also, take a deep breath!  Is it your crunch time at work that is making you feel like breaking down?

Ehh. They are short 20-30 minute workouts but its 6 days a week so thats... 6 days more than I was working out a month ago.

I don't think the emotional stuff is related to work but I could be wrong.

Someone put their ute-goggle on and give me the heads up if I should pee on something.
  • CFO meeting now. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Pokedot said:

Feel better THT. Being sick and pregnant is hard stuff.

1.  That is fucking creepy.  If he shows up again, you should let someone know or have DH come to a game.

eta:1.2:  thank you for the well wishes

2.  Our neighbor also hates our trees.  They were here when we moved in; we get them trimmed every year and keep them off their houses (which is expensive as fuck!).  She offered to pay half last time if she could tell them what she'd like trimmed.  I should have taken an after picture.  Her yard went from full shade to full sun (her objective).... and the tree people didn't even do everything she asked for.  Eventually they called us.  Ha!  I came home and was like FAWK.

It was a bit strange of the dude. He was friendly with others so I wasn't too worried or felt singled out. He asked one of the girls her name and she asked him his. He said Dr. so and so. No one ever heard of him. Although it is pretty normal for larger corporate, surgeons, etc to retire in our small neck of the woods. He said he had a lot of fun watching and wanted to come to the next day which I won't be at. Everyone thought he as great, it was so creepy how he came out of know where. I'm going to bet he's a bored, older guy looking for some entertainment.

As for the tree this thing gives great shade for his side of the yard. He's anal about his grass too, not that you'd ever think that! I'm sorry but if it's not ruining property I see no reason to take a huge section of our tree down. The tree guy said it's the best growing one he's ever seen shape wise. Why would we ruin that for some crap on his window. Dude, your 55 you should know you can't always get your way.

• Someone put their ute-goggle on and give me the heads up if I should pee on something.
    If you have gas, you should.  That is my telltale sign.

Ehh. They are short 20-30 minute workouts but its 6 days a week so thats... 6 days more than I was working out a month ago.

I don't think the emotional stuff is related to work but I could be wrong.

Someone put their ute-goggle on and give me the heads up if I should pee on something.
    I'd POAS just for peace of mind. I was convinced I was preggo a few months ago. I POAS 3x. I'm obviously not but man was it better than wondering for a few more days.

• MommaP12 said:
    The cuteness of squishy babies always makes us forget the the other stuff!  

So true!  I want a squish soooo bad!  I'm looking forward to my ML and just hanging out with an infant while W is at daycare.  That sounds crazy!
    This was bliss. I was so sad when my ML came to an end and I knew that was the last long "vacation" I would have until I retire. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MommaP12 said:

I was so happy and thankful that I was feeling great this pregnancy, and I had always envisioned #2 being this way!  LOL...... now I feel like shit.  I'm trying to remember when the nausea stopped last time. 
    With DD, it subsided for me at the end of 1st tri, but I know everyone is different.

• MommaP12 said:

Sorry you are feeling bad @tinyhumantoe

Pregnancy #2 has been really hard for me too. I'm still dealing with nausea. It's definitely been harder this time around with general sickness as well. I hope you start to feel better soon.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• jenndub said:
    My little brother, who is one of my very best friends, has been stationed in Japan for the last two years. I found out yesterday that he is being reassigned to Camp Pendleton starting in January!!!!!!!!! That is only an hour away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

And THT, sorry you're sick, I hope you don't get too much morning sickness, it sucks so much ass. Always worth it of course, but fuck that.
    Awwwww!  That is AWESOME!  Your kids are going to eat that up!

And thanks :-p  Better to pout on here than to keep bitching to DH about it.

• I am thrilled that W's applesauce (that I'm eating) is literally apples, strawberries, and banana on the ingredient list.  I figured it would be 1000 ingredients and HFCS.

• pharmer78 said:
    This was bliss. I was so sad when my ML came to an end and I knew that was the last long "vacation" I would have until I retire. 
    Have another kid? :D

• Eastie156 said:

Sorry you are feeling bad @tinyhumantoe

Pregnancy #2 has been really hard for me too. I'm still dealing with nausea. It's definitely been harder this time around with general sickness as well. I hope you start to feel better soon.

At 23 weeks?  NOOOOOOOOOOO!   I'm sorry :(  I think mine went away with W at 14w.  Who am I kidding, I don't remember.

• I'm having a mini panic attack over my first L'Bri with strangers tonight. It should make me less nervous but it's not. And I have therapy before that, so maybe that'll either send me over the edge or make me better? We shall see.
    Can you talk about your nervousness at therapy?  Maybe that would help you work through it?  You'll do great, don't be nervous!

• pharmer78 said:
    Have another kid? :D

It wasn't THAT blissful! ;)

• hahahaha @pharmer78 good point!

• And of course he wasn't there. I waited for him for 15 minutes.

:-w
  • Today I have to interview temps that will cover my position when I'm out on maternity leave. I already hate them all. This irrational feeling is based on the fact that my last temp stole my stapler, letter opener and paper clip holder. I know that this isn't their fault but I'm so pissy about the fact that they'll be in my office, touching my things and messing shit up.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • I just ordered another stroller on Zulily. This will be the 4th stroller we'll own. Is that nuts? I saved $60 though. Who has the Chicco Liteway? I'm irrationally excited about the teal color.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"