January 2015 Moms
Options

Toddler/restaurant rant

Re: Toddler/restaurant rant

• Options
    kaybeeknitskaybeeknits member
    edited June 2014
    LOL I guess stargirl officially jumped the shark!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She also recommended an interesting book in the "book club" post today.....
  • Options

YaMrWhite said:
    This is almost as annoying as your siggy.
    Why does my siggy annoy you?
    The BFing picture comes across as suggestive to me. I can't tell if you're trying to glamorize it or AW yourself or what. It's just....odd.

Poster sexualized my breastfeeding pic, but I can't talk about how your leashes and spanking talk on this thread sounds like BDSM? 
  • Options
    Good points? Like about the spanking and leashes, or something else?
  • Options
    Well that's not logical. I'm a multifaceted person just like you. My interests and conversations will be diverse. 
  • Options
    Bart Simpson Breastfeeding

I just came across this and it reminded me of this thread. Just to clarify I really have nothing against Stargirl's siggy. I mean I'm jealous because she's in way better shape than me but that's my own issue. 
  • Options

This is completely off topic, but as I was scrolling through and had to keep seeing OP's signature about running a marathon over and over and over, I couldn't resist posting this:

(Don't get me wrong, I have many friends who have ran marathons and I'm super impressed with their accomplishments.  I just had to throw in this for OP)

When you train that hard for something, it's something you are proud of. I've run 3, and I met my sub 4 goal on my last one. I can't run them anymore because of knee surgeries. I miss it. FTR, I never shit my pants running though.

It was not meant to offend you, sorry. It was meant to be a joke and light hearted ribbing...I would have posted the same thing if you had put up a badge bragging about something else.

That's honestly awesome that you accomplished this. Most people here have probably worked hard toward a lot of other really difficult goals, but they don't feel the need to broadcast it in their signature - that's what made me think of the bragging meme. Anyway...sorry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    To me, it depends on the restaurant. If I'm at a casual place like Applebee's then I don't really have room to complain, but if I'm at a nice restaurant and it disturbs my peaceful date night, I'd be irked.
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• Options
    And on that note, I very much support the idea of child-free planes and restaurants. Let the folks who are bothered by children have their child-free zones. (Plus, it's a nice break for parents who want an adult night out.)
    This totally!  As a mom of a rather busy toddler, it's cool with me if certain restaurants want to be considered "kid free zones".  I'm not offended and I'd steer clear of them anyway (especially if they are of the nicer restaurant variety).  That said, we do pretty much what previous posters do, go to dinner earlier (with the early birds) when it's less crowded, keep her busy with walking around and use the ipad/iphone when she's eating to slow her down and keep her entertained.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rmpar29 said:
    For all of you that think harnesses are "dehumanizing" you've obviously never dealt with twin 2-year olds.  My boys are great about holding our hands, and when it's both DH and I, most of the time they are fantastic.  But, when it's only one of us or we are in a busy place with lots to see, they play off each other, so if one tries to run the other one will too, usually in a different direction.  We got child harnesses for those occasions that there's only one parent there to keep both with us.  Or, if it's a really busy mall, zoo, etc we use them so someone can't snatch our kid and run away with them.  I know in a "perfect" world we wouldn't have to worry about that, but in this world, you do! 

Before I had 2-year old twins my sister told me how her friend's 3 or 4-year old was trying to run away at the state fair and she bought a dog leash and clipped it onto her daughter's backpack.  At the time I was appalled that she would use a dog leash!  Now, I harness my kids whenever we are going to a busy place, or if I'm by myself and we will be walking any distance.  It's for their safety as well as my piece of mind.  I guess I just shouldn't leave the house then right?

I'm glad for all of you that have perfect angels that never run away or act up (or anticipate that with proper parenting you will) but that's not reality for most of us, especially moms of multiples.  You may be able to devote all of your attention to one child in public, but two is twice as hard.  You can't possibly judge another parent without being in their exact shoes and dealing with the exact child that they have. 

ETA:  words are hard without caffeine
    I don't have a leash because I don't really need one (I was blessed (?) with a kid who is typically good in public, she just sprouts her devil ears at home). H is totally against them. But if my kid ran away or if I had twin two year olds that I had to wrangle myself - Sorry H! Leash it is! That's one thing I don't envy about twin Moms. I thought I wanted twins.. until the terrible 2.5s-Early 3s. Though I know most of the time twins are blessings :)
  • Options
    rmpar29 said:
    *snip
    I don't have a leash because I don't really need one (I was blessed (?) with a kid who is typically good in public, she just sprouts her devil ears at home). H is totally against them. But if my kid ran away or if I had twin two year olds that I had to wrangle myself - Sorry H! Leash it is! That's one thing I don't envy about twin Moms. I thought I wanted twins.. until the terrible 2.5s-Early 3s. Though I know most of the time twins are blessings :)
    I always laugh when people say "oh, I want twins".  I always say "take mine for a day, that will change your mind".  My boys really are well behaved most of the time.  But when one of them has a bad day, or worse yet, both of them have a bad day...watch out! 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    I am so happy right now. Welcome @cinemagoddess .
    FTMs are the absolute best.  

I love them so much. 

Hey now! We're not all dumb enough to say out loud all the ways we are going to be perfect parents!
    preach! I know for a fact my kids are probably going to be assholes and impatient in public cause they're gonna learn that from Daddy and Grandpa ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Naw, dude. 

This happens at Targets all over the country.  The same as when adults walk in and somehow you have to poop immediately even if you've already pooped.  

The toddler reaction is major freakout.  Every time. 

Every. Single. Time.

wtf, target?! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Lanatir said:
    BookitBoo said:
    We're being mistaken for D14 and that makes me a sad panda.
    Meeeeeee toooooooo....  I'll take a free jump ahead 4 weeks!  hahaha.

Wait, maybe not...  Being like 37 weeks pregnant around Christmas might get me out of seeing my ILs...  
    :-?

By jove, that must happen!
    Sweet jesus I want in on this jump ahead if it means avoiding the in-laws! Then again...they're going to want to meet their grandkid...not sure this is a win-win....
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options

Whether she was talking about herself in a pic or her kid, either way the implication is we're "into BDSM" because some of us use harnesses or spanking with our children.... it's still gross and over the line, because it implies we use certain tactics with our children to appease our sexual gratification.  Fucking gross.

More and more I feel like she's a troll.  So.  I'm just not going to take anything else she says seriously.

Totally agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"