Options

UO

124»

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pink724Pink724 member
    @meimsx - see my avatar ;)
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options

I had a dry wedding, in Wisconsin. It was a short ceremony outdoors at a botanical garden, followed by lunch for 40-50 people in a room overlooking the gardens. We had excellent food, and drinks included a flavored lemonaide bar, iced tea, sparkling cider, coffee, etc. DH wanted to avoid alcohol entirely to prevent certain alcoholic family members from getting drunk and fighting.

Was it Olbrich Gardens?? We want to do our wedding there!
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Cfreymc said:

I had a dry wedding, in Wisconsin. It was a short ceremony outdoors at a botanical garden, followed by lunch for 40-50 people in a room overlooking the gardens. We had excellent food, and drinks included a flavored lemonaide bar, iced tea, sparkling cider, coffee, etc. DH wanted to avoid alcohol entirely to prevent certain alcoholic family members from getting drunk and fighting.

Was it Olbrich Gardens?? We want to do our wedding there!
    @Cfreymc‌ it was Boerner Botanical Gardens.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. Totally a last minute deciscion from my grandma's garden. Lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Mamasighs said:
    @meimsx I LOVE your dress!
    Thank you! My mom made it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    All of this is reminding me of how much WORK planning a wedding is. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We didn't spend a ton on flowers.  We had small vases (like bud vases) with 1 or 2 flowers a piece with lots of candles as the center pieces.  I had a small bouquet, and my bridesmaids matched.  We had a couple vases at the ceremony, but that was about it.  We spent way more on the food, which was delicious, and alcohol because we're lushes! Lol!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crap I forgot we also had give one white rose to each mom. My mom, his mom and his step mom.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    All these fake flowers look so real... You all might be changing my mind...
  • Options
    I loved my fake flowers  :)  I told the florist I loved glitter and sparkle.  She lined each lily in all the bouquets (7) with glitter.  We didnt save much, for our area, going with fake either.  We provided beer and soda.  I wanted to avoid the hard liquor drunks...and then a friend of DH decided to clear out his liquor cabinet and brought it all to the reception. Between bar hopping (WI tradition) and the stocked limo bus most of the wedding party was toast before dinner.

Considering I live in WI...I only like a few kinds of cheese.

Bottle propping...use your common sense.  If you need/want to do so...be smart about it, dont leave baby alone or in a situation you cant help immediately.
  • Options
    Lelo2006 said:

I agree but I'm still a fan of real flowers. Even though I wanted green hydrangeas I compromised because I had a certain budget for flowers. I'm very happy with how the flowers came out. Even without my green hydrangeas.

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Meimsx said:

Lelo2006 said:

I agree but I'm still a fan of real flowers. Even though I wanted green hydrangeas I compromised because I had a certain budget for flowers. I'm very happy with how the flowers came out. Even without my green hydrangeas.

I wanted the blue ones! They were too $$$ though. I love your flowers & hair.
  • Options
    Lelo2006 said:

Meimsx said:

Lelo2006 said:

I wanted the blue ones! They were too $$$ though. I love your flowers & hair.

If I had all the money in the world, I would've done peonies and hydrangeas EVERYWHERE. Sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"