July 2013 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • @mainerocks‌ I admit to having never read the book. I might see if I can score a copy at the library. :)

@LadyBlue07‌ :x My bump crush for you has deepened to true love.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Asbromle said:

I think bottle propping is lazy. I understand there are circumstances where it would be necessary, but I don't understand why you can't sit there and hold your baby and feed it for a few minutes if those circumstances don't apply to you. Chores can wait... right @michandfranktakes2

And also babies have drowned in their own formula because of bottle propping at young ages.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• anr02 said:

My UO is fake flowers at weddings are tacky.  I think it's especially tacky to have your bridesmaids buy $260 floor-length gowns and then have them carry fake flowers. 

No one could tell our wreaths were fake. I made them ourselves & we got asked what florist I used. You can do faux flowers in a classy way.

My bridesmaids carried feather fans. I do what I want!
    I'm pretty sure we aren't talking classy faux flowers here. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

A fan sounds amazing! Especially for an outdoor wedding in August.
  • I don't see the point in putting mayonnaise on a peanut butter and banana sandwich....Southern delicacy my butt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• @mermomo5‌
    I recently learned I wasn't a true southerner unless I ate it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Am I the only one who thinks that a banana, mayo and peanut butter sandwich kind of sounds delicious? 
  • Cfreymc I will agree with you on all his books except The Notebook. I have such a soft spot for old people still in love after so many years. That one doesn't count!

Haha, alright I'll give you that.

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • My UO: I think its stupid to judge weddings for having fake flowers, or not a full bar, or in a church basement, or being light on decorations, or whatever thing people have decided is ugly/tacky/not expensive enough to show you have klass/too expensive and therefore proving you don't have klass

@somerandomchick‌ thoughts on a cash bar? I don't think the things you listed are judgeworthy or against etiquette, but what parts of the wedding would you judge as tacky? (Besides listing info about the gifts on the invite :) )

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • ljs4117ljs4117 member
    My UO: I think its stupid to judge weddings for having fake flowers, or not a full bar, or in a church basement, or being light on decorations, or whatever thing people have decided is ugly/tacky/not expensive enough to show you have klass/too expensive and therefore proving you don't have klass
    Amen... 

I'll take it further (or farther... @muirmaid?  lol I generally know the difference but some phrases I get it mixed up.  Instinct says "u" because it isn't a physical distance.. ok /overlylongparenthetical)...

and say that I think most weddings are a little tacky and AWish.  But I do tend to be ultra practical and reserved, not to mention receiving gifts embarrasses me a little.  I also worked in a wedding venue and was shocked at the douchery many brides displayed over their 20K+ weddings.  I could also be a little bitter because my small wedding didn't happen because of the shitstorm that ensued after my dad dropped the bombshell on my family that he never loved my mom and had a couple affairs over the 23 years they were married, etc etc... 3 months before my wedding. 

Maybe this makes me a bride-douche but I feel like if he made it 23 yrs, whats another 3 months? lol

anyway.. tangent...
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • ncchnat said:

Cfreymc said:

< has no idea how to write properly at all. Seriously, I have no grammar or spelling skills. Totally lost on me. My mother is so ashamed.

Your writing, grammar and spelling is just fine. Trust me.

I'm sorry; I have to. It should be "Your writing, grammar and spelling are just fine." 

I tried. I promise. I know how people feel about the grammar police, but considering the topic at hand, I couldn't stop myself. I'm ashamed. 

I don't see the point in putting mayonnaise on a peanut butter and banana sandwich....Southern delicacy my butt!

Gag.

My UO: I love the Oxford comma and will never break up with it. Not putting one in Cfreymc's sentence is killing me.

Edited for messed up quote.

Haha. I thought the same thing. Whatever. I'm a grammar and fake flower judger.
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited May 2014
    ncchnat said:

Cfreymc said:

< has no idea how to write properly at all. Seriously, I have no grammar or spelling skills. Totally lost on me. My mother is so ashamed.

Your writing, grammar and spelling is just fine. Trust me.

I'm sorry; I have to. It should be "Your writing, grammar and spelling are just fine." 

I tried. I promise. I know how people feel about the grammar police, but considering the topic at hand, I couldn't stop myself. I'm ashamed. 

I don't see the point in putting mayonnaise on a peanut butter and banana sandwich....Southern delicacy my butt!

Gag.

My UO: I love the Oxford comma and will never break up with it. Not putting one in Cfreymc's sentence is killing me.

Edited for messed up quote.

Wow, I totally blew it on that one. Maybe don't trust me @MrsGiantPenis‌. I swear I used to be smart.

In my defense I started out just writing, "Your writing is just fine", then decided to add spelling and grammar to it and failed to change is/are. As far as the commas, I just dropped the ball there. I like the Oxford comma.

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • redhead610redhead610 member
    edited May 2014
    Stina2012 said:

My UO: I think its stupid to judge weddings for having fake flowers, or not a full bar, or in a church basement, or being light on decorations, or whatever thing people have decided is ugly/tacky/not expensive enough to show you have klass/too expensive and therefore proving you don't have klass

@somerandomchick‌ thoughts on a cash bar? I don't think the things you listed are judgeworthy or against etiquette, but what parts of the wedding would you judge as tacky? (Besides listing info about the gifts on the invite :) )

Cash bars are tacky.

TY notes should be hand written, hand addressed and sent ASAP.

Guests should not have to address their TY notes.

Don't tell me what to wear whether it's Black Tie Optional or "wear blue for the Bachelorette".

If you want black tie, host a god damned black tie event. Multiple courses, open bar, seated dinner served by wait staff and live band after 6pm.

Agreed. I just got a thank you note from a wedding 6 months ago. I mean, I am glad I got it, but what took so long?

• livvyx said:

Mayonnaise is THE WORST. It's a glob of eggy grease and the destroyer of sandwiches.

We can eat dry sandwiches and dry cereal together!

I am ok with mayo in tiny amounts in chicken salad or egg salad, but I other than that, yuck!
  • ncchnat said:

@cfreymc, we've all been there. Like I said, had the topic at hand not been grammar, I wouldn't have said a word. :P

I'm a big fan of proper grammar most days so I'm glad you pointed that out.
    :-B

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • MRadsMRads member
    I love the Oxford comma.

Movies are boring and Nicholas Sparks movies are the worst. And I love AbC Family movies, so I'm a fan of cheesy things.

Including goat cheese and blue cheese. I'm sad I don't have any right now.

I'm not a fan of fake flowers or no booze at weddings, but I'm not going to judge, especially if you can tell you had a low budget wedding. I don't like it when people have an obviously $$$$ gown and are cheap asses on the rest of the wedding. Not so much with no alcohol, because I know that some people just don't want alcohol at their wedding. But my judginess of a wedding is directly proportional to the amount of money spent on a wedding, especially if the bride tells me the amount.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ljs4117ljs4117 member
    edited May 2014
    Meimsx said:
    Mine is really unpopular. I think it's sad that people think you have to have alcohol to have fun. I don't understand why you have to have a mind altering substance in order to enjoy a party. What does that say about our society that a dry wedding is a lame or boring or not fun? I mean really. I know it's unpopular as one of only like two people on the board that doesn't drink (that I can think of) but whatever. 
    Wonder if it could be related to the fact that many people invite people that they don't have regular contact with to their weddings.  Also it's inevitable that people from different part of your life are going to be invited (in other words, not everyone is going to be a mutual friend).  Social media/smart phones don't help either... 

I definitely didn't have a great time sober at the wedding I was a bridesmaid in (May 17), but that's because I didn't know anyone other than a couple of other guests and the bride.

ETA:  I'm not so sure alcohol would have helped that though.. 

I think it would be much easier to enjoy a dry wedding if it were a small gathering with mostly people that knew each other already.
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"