September 2012 Moms
Options

UO

124»

Re: UO

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    If a restaurant is going to have a kids menu, they should make some effort to be kid-friendly.  If I take my kid to an adult-oriented place, I don't expect them to have cups with lids or changing areas in the bathroom, but if you offer a kids menu and tell me kids are welcome over the phone, I feel like you should have the kinds of things that kids need.  Especially fast food places.  We stopped at a Wendy's and Subway when we were on the road this weekend and neither had a changing table. WTF?
    And serve milk. I hate going to places that are "kid friendly" but they don't have milk.
    Yeah, I had a brunch place tell us they don't have milk for the kids.  Um, you serve breakfast, you don't serve milk?
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    AlinnJo said:
    We for upgraded for free to a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West. It was amazing!! We are saving up to stay at the Grand Floridian next. I can't wait!
    That is where my husband stayed when he went with his family so it is where he wants to stay when we go with our kids. I would rather rent a house. We will see who wins that battle. Maybe do a couple nights at the hotel and then the rest of the week at a house.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    BobKat22 said:
    Changing tables make me want to vom. I used one once in an airport and wanted to cry. I take DD out to the parking lot and lay her in the back of my SUV. I'm sure I get looks.
    I can count the number of times on my fingers I have used public changing tables. I always use my car.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Kindergarten is more intense than it used to be. I got naps in K. NAPS!
    So did I! Except our naps were sitting at our desk & putting our head down. And this one girl would pop her head up every 5 minutes asking if it were time for lunch yet...every single day haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was coming in here to say that I think annuals are a waste of money, but @dimples12 beat me to it. :-)  The only non-perennial plants I buy are herbs and vegetables, and I'm not even bothering with those this year because we joined a CSA & my deck will probably never be finished.

Also, @melody921, I really want to know what your weird first name is.  You've referenced it a couple times and how people screw it up, so I'm imagining it to be something like Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.
    I always thought her name was Melody! I knew a Melody growing up, I guess that's why.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I was coming in here to say that I think annuals are a waste of money, but @dimples12 beat me to it. :-)  The only non-perennial plants I buy are herbs and vegetables, and I'm not even bothering with those this year because we joined a CSA & my deck will probably never be finished.

Also, @melody921, I really want to know what your weird first name is.  You've referenced it a couple times and how people screw it up, so I'm imagining it to be something like Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.
    Bwahaha, OK, not that weird. It's Bevin, pronounced exactly as it looks (as in, rhymes with Kevin), but people are dumb so it has gotten every variation known to man.
    I love that name! I went to college with a Bevin.

...and clearly I am replying as I go here

• Options
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:

Bwahaha, OK, not that weird. It's Bevin, pronounced exactly as it looks (as in, rhymes with Kevin), but people are dumb so it has gotten every variation known to man.

No way! I've never known another one, although I've heard of a few through the grapevine. I hope she wasn't an asshole, lol.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:

No way! I've never known another one, although I've heard of a few through the grapevine. I hope she wasn't an asshole, lol.
    haha, nope, she wasn't an asshole, she was very sweet.

• Options
    So I judged this lady at a bridal shower I was at last weekend.

She commented that she shouldn't drink iced tea b/c of the caffeine, since she is nursing. But then she went on to admit she smokes in the car with her kid...but not her baby, just her older 3 year old. LOL And her parents smoked around her when she was young, and she's fine, so it's really no big deal.

And her baby (4ish months old) goes to sleep at 11pm. But that is also fine b/c that is when her 3 yr old goes to bed, too.

Then she was bitching that Macy's had nothing from the bridal registry in stock. She went shopping the day before the shower.

Her conversation made the shower entertaining, to say the least.

• Options
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:

In that case, maybe it actually was me! Where'd you go to school? :-p

• Options
    I think a lack of personal hygiene should be enough to get you fired if you've been told about it multiple times. What's so hard about shower with soap/shampoo, apply deodorant, brush teeth, wear clean clothes?

• Options
    I just read this thread and brought the boys to he park, where Colby proceeded to poop not once but twice. So I had to bum a diaper from a stranger and change him in the stroller. #MOTY

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:
    bosha711 said:
    melody921 said:

In that case, maybe it actually was me! Where'd you go to school? :-p
    haha! I did actually hesitate for a second to think if you were one in the same, but I remember your hair cut pic from the other day & alas, you are two different people =)

• Options
    And my own UO: slides are for going down, not up. If you see my kid at the top of the slide waiting patiently for your monkey to reach the top, maybe try teaching them to go down instead? It's not like there aren't plenty of other things to climb on at a playground....
    I always tell my boys, as loudly as possible "Slides are to go down not up, we don't climb slides!"  I've had several mothers, including my SIL give me a dirty look.  I don't care.  It's rude as crap to climb a slide.  For some reason that's one of my pet peeves.
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves, do what you want on your back yard swing set. At the park with 10+ kids everyone needs to follow the rules. If my 20 month old is looking at your 5 year old like they are nuts and saying 'go down' you should be able to teach said 5 year old not to climb up the slide!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually put my diaper bag changing mat down on the mulch at the park to change DD2's poopy diaper yesterday :\">Yes there was a public bathroom, but it was an outdoor one and the changing mat on ground seemed cleaner.

I have no problem telling older kids at the playground not to run past/say MOVE! to/knock over my child.  If their parents aren't getting off the bench, it doesn't stop me from reminding them that there are little ones around and they need to slow down so nobody gets hurt. 
  • Options
    dimples12 said:
    Men's rooms too! I ALWAYS have to change L when we are out because most of the men's rooms don't have a table.
    I read this as you were confessing to us you manhood, woman. I was thinking, 'Huh, you learn something new everyday.'
    Should have kept reading.
    Gah! just bad with words apparently. DH has tried to change L several times and there was no changing table in the men's rooms. Then I started noticing the baby logo on the women's room door and not the men's in restrooms we were using. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I'll chime in about "that kid" at the park.  I don't think it means there is anything wrong with the kid.  Kids have personalities.  Kids go through phases.  Whatever.  But I do get annoyed with the supervising parent if their child is constantly trying to get my attention.  I didn't come to spend quality time with your child, and it is your job not only to supervise them but to teach them appropriate interaction with strangers.  My frustration is when parents don't pay attention or don't intervene after an appropriate amount of time.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MelsaX said:
    I don't think it's okay to try and make small talk with a new mum by asking questions about the birth and breastfeeding. I don't want to talk about my vagina to you, stranger, so please don't ask about it. How my child entered this world is nothing to do with you. It's none of your business how I feed my kid. In situations like this, when someone asks if my births were "natural", I always say "if by natural you mean vaginal, then yes, I did birth my children out of my vagina." Emphasis on the word vagina every time. Every time it makes the person uncomfortable and I hope it stops them from asking someone else.
    HAHA, people can be so rude. When I was pregnant with DS, I had a colleague ask me how far dilated I was. A male colleague at that. WTF.

• Options
    PokedotPokedot member
    Well thanks ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one. @Cherrycrepe I think you said it better than me. I'm all about social kids, talking to adults but its hard when that kids fights for my attention from my own child. I'm probably one of the most social, friendly people ever. I'd never roll my eyes or ignore a kid but it gets frustrating when I'm trying to enjoy some time with my child too.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    apparent my early FFFC is that I don'tgiveashit about changing tables.  OHNOGERMS.  Lo's exposed to far worse in a normal day. 
    It has nothing to do with Lo's germs. I just find them gross. But I find all public bathrooms gross and avoid at all costs.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"