September 2012 Moms
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Options
    Starbucks is gross. So is almond butter. That's all I've got.
    Agreed.

But My SIL made some homemade rasberry butter and put it on a biscuit and OMG it was amazing.
    I'm this far and have nothing to add, except that raspberry butter is my all time favorite. Melt it on banana bread (sounds weird) and I die.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Gwyneth Paltrow.
    This is definitely an UO for me!

• Options
    Fathers who don't do certain jobs that come with having a newborn (like changing poopy bums) are douchey. 

Same goes for men who refuse to do housework.

My friend does everything for her husband. Makes his meals, does his laundry - the guy won't even make himself a damn sandwich for lunch on the weekend. Makes me stabby. Tell him to get off his ass and participate in the household. Fawk. 
    My SIL's DH is the exact way. After two kids, not that he was any help before two, he told her if she wanted more he'd love them, but wants nothing to do with the responsibilities that come with more. She wanted more so she agreed to the deal and they have both stuck to it. He doesn't do shit except make the money and she does EVERYTHING else. We have a girls trip every Summer to a lake and our daughters get to come when they turn 3. My SIL has to bring her 1 yo boy because her DH won't let him stay home with him. It's only a short 2 day trip!

• Options
    Cheenomae said:
    I like Gwyneth Paltrow.
    This is definitely an UO for me!
    Me too.  I hate her.  
  • Options
    yogitea01 said:

I completely judge pregnant women who smoke. I don't care how far along they are. The moment they chose a cigarette over the health of a child that Mom is shitty, IMO.

Brought to you by my new hire who is 10 weeks PG and still going outside for smoke breaks.

I'm not condoning it at all - but sometimes women are advised by their doctors to continue smoking, to a point, and cut back slowly, due to not wanting to shock the system.
    Yep. My chain smoking friend from H.S. was advised this when she was pregnant. She never fully quit, just cut way, way back. Not saying it sounds right, but that was her advice.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Eastie156Eastie156 member
    edited May 2014

Starbucks is gross. So is almond butter. That's all I've got.

I seriously thought I was the only one who thought this. Brought to you by the 60 espresso shot Frappuccino. Gross. @SpoofLeJones

• Options
    yogitea01 said:

I completely judge pregnant women who smoke. I don't care how far along they are. The moment they chose a cigarette over the health of a child that Mom is shitty, IMO.

Brought to you by my new hire who is 10 weeks PG and still going outside for smoke breaks.

My doc specifically told me both times not to quit cold turkey because of the shock to your system and to the baby.  I haven't smoked in just about 5 months and still think about it every single day.  I admire anyone who can quit cold turkey and never pick it up again.  Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  Harder even than quitting certain illegal drugs I did in my early 20s.  It sucks.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited May 2014
    What do they teach in kindergarten now that they didn't in our day?  I guess I just don't understand how much more they've jammed into the curriculum. 

I went to kindergarten half day, back in the day, and we didn't have any rest/nap time or recess.  We did have learning-based play, but they taught us a LOT in those 3.5 hours.  If you're actively trying to teach a child, they learn a ton in every 15 min block of time.  I learned to play violin in 15 min chunks when I was 3.  If my kid is just playing or resting, I'd rather they spend that time at home with me, and I don't think that's just for my own benefit.

ETA: That said, if our system has full-day kindergarten, I won't be all up in arms about it.  I just don't think it's a cut and dry necessity, I think each school system should consult with parents to see what the needs are. 
  • Options
    yogitea01 said:

My doc specifically told me both times not to quit cold turkey because of the shock to your system and to the baby.  I haven't smoked in just about 5 months and still think about it every single day.  I admire anyone who can quit cold turkey and never pick it up again.  Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  Harder even than quitting certain illegal drugs I did in my early 20s.  It sucks.

It's incredibly hard to quit. I was a smoker from 15-25. Like about a pack a day at my worst and at my best, 8 or 9 cigarettes a day. I quit cold turkey multiple times, but until 25, never did it for long. I'll admit, I picked it back up briefly before I got married, but haven't smoked since my honeymoon about 3 years ago.

• Options
    melody921 said:

If you have no idea who Maya Angelou, or some other major name in society, is, it's time to crawl out from under your rock and start reading.

I had no idea who she was. Going back under my rock.
  • Options
    KisstyKissty member
    yogitea01 said:

I was told the same thing. My dumb ass picked the habit right back up after he was born. Now I'm trying - no I'm Quitting - again. It's so much harder this time. But I will make it.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Cheenomae said:
    Fathers who don't do certain jobs that come with having a newborn (like changing poopy bums) are douchey. 

My friend does everything for her husband. Makes his meals, does his laundry - the guy won't even make himself a damn sandwich for lunch on the weekend. Makes me stabby. Tell him to get off his ass and participate in the household. Fawk. 
    My SIL's DH is the exact way. After two kids, not that he was any help before two, he told her if she wanted more he'd love them, but wants nothing to do with the responsibilities that come with more. She wanted more so she agreed to the deal and they have both stuck to it. He doesn't do shit except make the money and she does EVERYTHING else. We have a girls trip every Summer to a lake and our daughters get to come when they turn 3. My SIL has to bring her 1 yo boy because her DH won't let him stay home with him. It's only a short 2 day trip!
    FFS, who makes that kind of a deal? What if she's sick? What if she wants to work outside the home? What if she drops dead tomorrow and he's left to actually be a dad and has no f-ing clue what to do. 
    I don't know how you can say "you'll love him" but just not enough to help with his care and raising.  That's so sad.  Being present/not-present is going to teach his kids horrible things about fatherhood and really damage their relationship.  I'm so glad DH is so hands-on, and my girls benefit both from his awesome parenting, and from the fact that I'm a better parent because I have help.
  • Options
    KisstyKissty member
    If you have no idea who Maya Angelou, or some other major name in society, is, it's time to crawl out from under your rock and start reading.
    I had no idea who she was. Going back under my rock.
    I recognized the name but had to look up who exactly she was. My rock is cozy and I don't wanna leave.

imageimage 

• Options
    CheenomaeCheenomae member
    edited May 2014
    melody921 said:
    Cheenomae said:

FFS, who makes that kind of a deal? What if she's sick? What if she wants to work outside the home? What if she drops dead tomorrow and he's left to actually be a dad and has no f-ing clue what to do. 
    Holla!

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I've heard of her.  I could tell you she's an author.  Beyond that, I couldn't tell you much.  I've never read anything she's written.  I don't plan on it either.  Not for any special reason.  If one day I happen to see something by her in a bookstore, I read the summary and decide it sounds good, sure.  I'm not going to go find her now that she died, though.  Same with other major names in society.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Especially after Gwyneth said victims of internet trolls are just like men in war.
    I didn't see that.  She definitely says a lot of dumb things.  I just think lots of other people do, too.  Me included.  I just feel like there's a lot more people who vocally dislike her than some of the other idiots that run their mouths.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:
    Changing tables make me want to vom. I used one once in an airport and wanted to cry. I take DD out to the parking lot and lay her in the back of my SUV. I'm sure I get looks.
    They don't make me want to vom, but both of my boys fight so hard I am afraid they would either fall off or somehow manage to break the damn thing, so we do diaper changes in the back of the van. Stare all you want, folks- we are terribly cute!
    This reminds me... Ethan still fights every single time we change his diaper!  Other people's kids are still doing this?  I thought he would get over it as some point but he is not giving in.  They say he doesn't fight at school, but every time we change him at home it is a wrestling match.
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:
    Changing tables make me want to vom. I used one once in an airport and wanted to cry. I take DD out to the parking lot and lay her in the back of my SUV. I'm sure I get looks.
    They don't make me want to vom, but both of my boys fight so hard I am afraid they would either fall off or somehow manage to break the damn thing, so we do diaper changes in the back of the van. Stare all you want, folks- we are terribly cute!
    This reminds me... Ethan still fights every single time we change his diaper!  Other people's kids are still doing this?  I thought he would get over it as some point but he is not giving in.  They say he doesn't fight at school, but every time we change him at home it is a wrestling match.
    We are right there with you on this one. Also getting him dressed after his bath. Nightmare!

• Options
    PokedotPokedot member
    BobKat22 said:

Everything he does well at DC he doesn't at home. Eat at the table, diaper changes, putting on his shoes. He's a perfect angel there. "Every one of the kids should be like Bennett. He's so quiet, never gets in trouble. A gem." Really is that the same kid I drop off and pick up? What?

Diaper changes are hit or miss with us. Sometimes they are fine. He always needs a car of some sort or 2 or 7 and his blanket. It's ridiculous.

I've change B in the back of the car before.  I picked him up from my mom's and thought his diaper looked a bit full. "Oh I just changed him 10 minutes ago." So I thought maybe it was his pants the way they were bunched sort of. Get him in the car and go to the store. No issues. He's sitting in the basket part while I'm putting the groceries in the back. Next thing you know a stream comes right from the bottom of his butt on the parking lot. Yup piss all over. I about died. His diaper burst open and was peeing all over the parking lot. I finally got him out of the cart, laid him in the backend of my Edge and changed his seriously soaked diaper but no wipes. Then he proceeds to fall asleep in the car on the way home. So I left him in the car, windows rolled down in the garage for about 45+ minutes. He hadn't taken a normal nap that day and his pants were soaked of pee. MOTY.

• Options
    Gweneth Pawltrow > Coldplay and Chris Martin's incessant whining. FFS.  Shut up already!  How are you still making money?  Every one of your songs sounds the same!

FTR, I don't like either of them, but like her more because Shakespeare in Love is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Gweneth Pawltrow > Coldplay and Chris Martin's incessant whining. FFS.  Shut up already!  How are you still making money?  Every one of your songs sounds the same!

FTR, I don't like either of them, but like her more because Shakespeare in Love is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. :-)
    Shallow Hal is one of my faves, she does good as long as her words are written for her, it's when they aren't that she is annoying.
    Her "cooking show" made me completely hysterical.  Did you ever see it?  It was nonsense.  Someone gifted me the cookbook she did with Mario Batali (I think that's who it was) and I promptly returned it.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    I bring a mat with me in the diaper bag, but every once in a while DD touches the wall and grosses me out. I've changed her in my car a million times though.

I went to a family restaurant over memorial day weekend - I mean, the place has an ice cream stand attached to it. We were eating on the deck, and I brought DD into the bathroom to change her diaper. There was no changing table, and the counter was small and wet. I brought her back outside and changed her on my lap, in my chair. I cringed for my pre-baby self who thought she'd never do things like that.
  • Options
    Tanning bed tan doesn't look the same as a real sun tan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KTC926KTC926 member
    mrsbhk22 said:
    Tanning bed tan doesn't look the same as a real sun tan.
    agreed..I have a friend who is turning into a leather couch. :/
  • Options
    KTC926 said:
    When I'm reading a romance novel and the author describes the man with long hair, I'm immediately turned off.

=(( As someone whose husband has longer hair than her... for shame. haha
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Options

KTC926 said:

When I'm reading a romance novel and the author describes the man with long hair, I'm immediately turned off.

=(( As someone whose husband has longer hair than her... for shame. haha

Yep! DH had long hair when we met and got married. I loved it! We used to share a hair dryer and flat iron! ;) He had to cut it to get a "real" job after his band broke up and I was sad to see it go. He rocked the long hair!

Anniversary

• Options
    yogitea01 said:

If you're guilty, I am guilty of this, too. Don't smoke with a baby in your belly, you dumb hoar. 
    With Indy, my doctor told me to cut back slowly because every time I tried my BP would skyrocket to an unhealthy place for both the baby and I. I did manage to quit, but we all know I am a hoar.

Disclaimer: I am a hoar, not a whore. I don't make any money of my sexiness and the only one who I am hoarish with is DH. Sorry to break anyone's heart. 
    That's not what you said last night. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    I miss when other BMB's thought September 12 was the psycho board. It was sorta fun that they all thought we were cray cray. (not that we aren't....)

Crazy eyes! I love her!
    Chocolate and vanilla swwiiirrrrlllll
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    I miss when other BMB's thought September 12 was the psycho board. It was sorta fun that they all thought we were cray cray. (not that we aren't....)

Crazy eyes! I love her!
    i'm so excited this is coming back next week I plan to stay up until at least 10pm to watch it. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

Crazy eyes! I love her!
    i'm so excited this is coming back next week I plan to stay up until at least 10pm to watch it. :-)
    OK, clue in the chick with no cable. What show is this?

• Options
    melody921 said:

Crazy eyes! I love her!
    OK, clue in the chick with no cable. What show is this?
    Orange is the New Black! It's on Netflix!! And it's frigging amazing!!! I can't wait for it to come back. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    If a restaurant is going to have a kids menu, they should make some effort to be kid-friendly.  If I take my kid to an adult-oriented place, I don't expect them to have cups with lids or changing areas in the bathroom, but if you offer a kids menu and tell me kids are welcome over the phone, I feel like you should have the kinds of things that kids need.  Especially fast food places.  We stopped at a Wendy's and Subway when we were on the road this weekend and neither had a changing table. WTF?
    And serve milk. I hate going to places that are "kid friendly" but they don't have milk.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"