September 2012 Moms
Options

What's Up Wednesday

Re: What's Up Wednesday

• Options
    Bosha - How do you feel about Fargo?  That first episode gave me the heebie-jeebies so bad I almost couldn't go back. We've watched two more and they are much less...horrifying. I'm such a wimp about tv violence anymore.
    We really like it! I was squeamish about blood/violence, too, after having DS. I guess I got over it, haha. Some episodes are worse than others in that regard. I do turn away for some parts, though! We are all caught up with the most recent episode (last night).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, apparently there are blood vessels or sumshit in your bumhole.

I'm listening to Nick Lachey's CD on Spotify from when he and J-Simps broke up.I'm reliving 2006 and loving it. But I'm sad that Ashley Parker Angel is not on Spotify.
    There's going to be an O-town concert this summer at a nearby music hall. I was bummed to see he's not part of the group! I was never into NSYNC or BSB, but I loved O-town b/c I had met them a few times while working for a radio station. My BILs still tease me about my crush, lol.

It's nice to see someone else who actually has even heard of APA! Now I need to dig out my old pics...swoon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    AKB090609 said:
    I just need some cheap shorts & summer type things for Nancy.  I bought 4 pairs of shorts and 6 tops at Target for her for $5 and under each, but seriously.  Did I miss the sales?  Were they all in February?  Where are those of you in the Midwest with short seasons buying your summer clothes?

Now that I know our next kid is a boy and I'm not reusing the girl clothes, I just can't justify spending much on summer clothes when we have summer for basically 2 1/2 ish months.  Winter clothes we got a ton of use out of.  Summer clothes?  Pf, No.  I'm hoping if I just make a few of her pants capris this weekend that it'll be fine and I can just call it a day.  She does have quite a few sun dresses and rompers she could wear too.
    For the most part we are putting DD in dresses, she wore them with a cardigan or long sleeved shirt in spring (and will again in fall). I also found that she can still wear the newborn and 6-12 month shorts from last summer (and the summer before) as well as 2T shorts that I bought long styles of and will put her in again next year. I found a bunch of bike type shorts at The Childrens Place for cheep.
    Newborn shorts! Holy mackerel, how much does she weigh? I find shorts and skirts are sometimes difficult because they are too wide. I love dresses for this reason.
    She's about 19 or 20 pounds, but tall and skinny, to be fair the shorts are from target and seem to run big, I can't imagine putting a newborn in them. She is firmly in 18-24m but sometimes needs 2t for length (24m are too wide and fall off her waist).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have probably 30 episodes of tv shows to watch on my DVR.  No joke.  I think I'm going to have to cut out a few shows.

I'm making monster cookies this afternoon.  Yum and boo.  I love baking, but I'm always exhausted afterwards.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I'm starting to roll my eyes, hard, at some of the FB posts I'm seeing recently from a friend's son and his pregnant girlfriend. Backstory: my friend died of leukemia in Feb. Her 19-year-old son, who is a really nice kid but never excelled in the education department, has been dating a 16-year-old girl for 6 months. She's 29 weeks pregnant, but the baby is not his. But they're together, so I guess he's going to help with the kid? IDK.

Anyway, neither one of them seems to have any grasp on what a baby is going to need. They don't have jobs, they spend a lot of time lolling about. And her most recent posts are what appear to be selfies that show her lying on the floor of a messy bedroom, showing off the belly, with Cali, the baby's name, painted with a backwards "a," displayed in front of her. It's like an episode of "Teen Mom," only worse. 

• Options

I just saw this on FB for a "virtual" birthday invitation...

We just ask that you pkease dont get ****** toys as she cant yet play with them. Feel free to get her anything else! Clothes size:18-24 months, Diapers size:4 Shoes size:2. We hope to see you there!

8-|

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited May 2014
    kdsmith43 said:

We just ask that you pkease dont get ****** toys as she cant yet play with them. Feel free to get her anything else! Clothes size:18-24 months, Diapers size:4 Shoes size:2. We hope to see you there!

8-|
    How does that work? She wants everyone to log on and chat at a certain time? I realize she is just going for gifts here, but why not just post a registry and end the tackiness. I don't get how a virtual party works for a baby's birthday. And what one year old doesn't play with toys yet. Weird.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

8-|
    Uh???  Nancy's been playing with toys since like 5-6mo old.  She was crazy about the lion that was attached to her saucer and wanted to carry it with her when we left the room.  Am I missing something as to why her kid can't play with toys?  I get not having space for more crap, but "as she can't yet play with them" seems weird.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

I'm listening to Nick Lachey's CD on Spotify from when he and J-Simps broke up.I'm reliving 2006 and loving it. But I'm sad that Ashley Parker Angel is not on Spotify.
    @LoisLayn23, APA - favorite albums, EVER!! I also am not ashamed to admit that I'm an O-Town lover, but love APA on his own more! Did you watch his reality tv show?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

8-|
    DD's been "playing" with toys since she was an infant. And what's up with "we hope to see you there!" You won't be seeing anyone, weirdo. I've never heard of a virtual bday party. 

• Options
    bosha711 said:

There's going to be an O-town concert this summer at a nearby music hall. I was bummed to see he's not part of the group! I was never into NSYNC or BSB, but I loved O-town b/c I had met them a few times while working for a radio station. My BILs still tease me about my crush, lol.

It's nice to see someone else who actually has even heard of APA! Now I need to dig out my old pics...swoon.
    @Bosha711, I will need to see this pics just to live vicariously through your past.

Also, what are you next steps forward in regards to your treatment?

• Options
    melody921 said:
    kdsmith43 said:

8-|
    DD's been "playing" with toys since she was an infant. And what's up with "we hope to see you there!" You won't be seeing anyone, weirdo. I've never heard of a virtual bday party. 
    and @hmp1 Sorry, I should clarify... she posted the invite on FB to all of her friends with that message. The actual party isn't virtual. I suck with words.

• Options
    So the cookie recipe is asking for brown sugar.  No light or dark specified.  I don't have enough light, but I have plenty of dark.  Think it'll make a difference?
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    hmp1 said:
    We leave for Austin on a terribly early flight tomorrow. I still have to decide what we are wearing, most likely do laundry, pack, clean, conference with James' teacher at 4:20, go to Target to get a couple things, oh and I work full time too. Eek, so much to do.
    What are you in Austin for, @hmp1?

A wedding on Saturday and DH's parents are coming down from Fort Worth to see the kids. We are staying in Hyde Park, are you close?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    So the cookie recipe is asking for brown sugar.  No light or dark specified.  I don't have enough light, but I have plenty of dark.  Think it'll make a difference?
    It's all sweet... right? I say close your eyes and pick. ha.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    hmp1 said:
    hmp1 said:
    We leave for Austin on a terribly early flight tomorrow. I still have to decide what we are wearing, most likely do laundry, pack, clean, conference with James' teacher at 4:20, go to Target to get a couple things, oh and I work full time too. Eek, so much to do.
    What are you in Austin for, @hmp1?

A wedding on Saturday and DH's parents are coming down from Fort Worth to see the kids. We are staying in Hyde Park, are you close?
    I'm about 20 mins south of Austin. I'm new to the area though, so I have no idea where Hyde Park is, lol.
    It's downtown, just north of UT. We are going to be in or around Georgetown to see DH's family on Sunday. Is that near you?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    It won't make a difference. :-)  I use them both interchangeably.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Every time Wallykazam comes on I think of @IndigoVader.

No invaders, no dragons, no trolls!  And no giants :))
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    We are having real conversations with my parents about moving to CO. DH and I have been on board for years but my stepdad is finally coming around. I wish we could move tomorrow but in reality it will be at least a year, maybe 2.
    What's in CO? Don't move before we can have a TN NC mountain get together! 

CO is one of our back-up plans if DH ever gets fired. That or GA. I don't know which I would prefer. Probably GA though.
    My brothers, bio dad and some other family live out there. I'm technically from Aurora and have been to CO every year in some aspect since I was 2.

It would be hard to leave NC but I really struggle with rarely/never getting to see my brothers.

I promise not to leave with a G2G!!
  • Options
    Whovians will get this:
  • Options
    My brother is graduating from HS this weekend. Since my sister and I always struggle for gifts for him I came up with the idea that we would bring him and his girlfriend to blue man group. I'm excited to spend some time with him before he heads off to college, but I hope he doesn't think it is lame.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I'm listening to a Spotify playlist called "move on and don't look back"  It is super teen angsty but I am pretty much in love.
  • Options
    I'm trying to put together a glorious road trip playlist for vacation next month.  It's pretty ridiculous so far.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    harti09 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    Yay!  Good to know.  I don't want to become shitty cookie lady ;)
    Do you have any molasses? Brown sugar is just that and white sugar combined. You can make your own if needed.
    I do!  Good to know.
  • Options
    I hate when I find bugs and DH isn't home. Then I have to squish them myself. Ew

• Options
    Every time Wallykazam comes on I think of @IndigoVader.

No invaders, no dragons, no trolls!  And no giants :))
    Indy sings it like this," No Vaders, no dragons, no trolls, no giants and no CAKE!"
    Poor Vader, LOL

Plus, I couldn't sleep last night because "My best bud is a ball of mud, his body needs a scrub!" Kept playing in my head. Oh, Wally.
    Ethan adds "No Gookies (that's what we call Sean) and no Mamas"
  • Options
    I think one of my FB friends changed her sons name. We worked together a few years ago and don't ever talk, but whenever she posts about him she never uses the name they gave him at birth. At first I thought it was a nickname but 1. It is completely irrelevant to his name and 2. She never ever ever uses his original name. I will forever wonder about this because I have no balls to ask

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    We are having real conversations with my parents about moving to CO. DH and I have been on board for years but my stepdad is finally coming around. I wish we could move tomorrow but in reality it will be at least a year, maybe 2.
    What's in CO? Don't move before we can have a TN NC mountain get together! 

CO is one of our back-up plans if DH ever gets fired. That or GA. I don't know which I would prefer. Probably GA though.
    My brothers, bio dad and some other family live out there. I'm technically from Aurora and have been to CO every year in some aspect since I was 2.

It would be hard to leave NC but I really struggle with rarely/never getting to see my brothers.

I promise not to leave with a G2G!!
    I have family in Aurora and friends in Boulder. When we went out there a few years ago, DH was ready to quit his job and move west.

• Options
    harti09 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    Yay!  Good to know.  I don't want to become shitty cookie lady ;)
    Do you have any molasses? Brown sugar is just that and white sugar combined. You can make your own if needed.
    @harti09, how much molasses to how much white sugar? You just mix the two together? It won't be too sticky?

• Options
    I had terrible cramps after sex last night.really thought I would get my period. Nope. And the cycle continues.
  • Options
    I think one of my FB friends changed her sons name. We worked together a few years ago and don't ever talk, but whenever she posts about him she never uses the name they gave him at birth. At first I thought it was a nickname but 1. It is completely irrelevant to his name and 2. She never ever ever uses his original name. I will forever wonder about this because I have no balls to ask
    OK, you're going to have to tell the names. Is the second one better?

• Options
    Cheenomae said:

@LoisLayn23, APA - favorite albums, EVER!! I also am not ashamed to admit that I'm an O-Town lover, but love APA on his own more! Did you watch his reality tv show?
    Yes. and I hated his g/f. She was such a bitch and he was way too hot for her.
    These were my exact thoughts. I was sooooo mad that she was pregnant with his baby because it meant she'd always be in his life to be a bitch to him!!

• Options
    melody921 said:

adding some periods to make it not searchable. His birth name is ale.ksa.nder and they call him sa.sh.a.

• Options
    melody921 said:

adding some periods to make it not searchable. His birth name is ale.ksa.nder and they call him sa.sh.a.

@-)

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    melody921 said:

@-)

right?

• Options
    melody921 said:

Sasha is a nickname for Aleksander in Russian. :-)  I have a friend from Russia who is the exact same way.

well thanks for solving the mystery for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"