June 2014 Moms
Options

Men Say the Darndest Things

Here is a conversation with my DH from yesterday:

Me: Pretty soon we'll have to figure out the logistics of the birth.

DH: What do you mean?

Me: Uh, like where Lincoln will go, etc.

DH: To the hospital with us, right?

Me: Um, no. #1 he is not allowed except to visit and #2 that would be very stressful and not fair to him.

DH: So what are we going to do?

Me: I think he will stay with my parents.

DH: And I will come visit?

Me: Uh, NO, you will be at the hospital assisting me with our child when not working. As for Lincoln, we have to decide if he spends the night with my parents or if you drop him off each day.

DH: WHAT? Work then get him dinner then ready for bed then ready and dropped off before work in the morning? That is IMPOSSIBLE!

Me: Uhhhhh, you realize working parents do these same things EVERY single day, right?

DH: Well, that's why you work from home! That's impossible and could never work!

Ladies, my husband has a new-found respect for those of you that work outside the home. ;)

Please share your DH's latest epiphany with me!
imageimage

Re: Men Say the Darndest Things

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Just got my license renewed and had to have my picture taken because my previous license was from out of state. Anyways, DH mentions that I will always have a special reminder of being pregnant because I got my new license with pregnant face. 

Thank you for reminding me my face is getting fat.    

I had to do that too during my last pregnancy and DH pretty much said the same thing! I hate my pregnant license picture :-q
  • Options
    I also had to get my license while pregnant. 9 months to be exact. I look like a cow, lol!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    @CharSamm just tell him he can only bring the cruiser if you can ride up front :) 

ElTrain5 going in a cruiser would definitely prevent us from getting stuck in traffic! Especially since our hospital is 20 to 25 minutes away :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just asked DH what is going to happen if I go into labor in the middle of the night and need to go to the hospital while he's at work. His response: "Just call me and I'll meet you at the hospital." Oh yea because that's a great idea for me to drive myself there while in labor...
  • Options
    @jacksoha‌ I guess our DH's think alike ;)@CharSamm‌ I also got the response of him wanting to take me in the cruiser if he was to come and get me.
  • Options
    omg @chickpea912‌ I'm fucking dead. that is hilarious.
  • Options
    My DHs brother is getting married the last week of August in CO so we have planned to take a long 4 day weekend trip and have my parents watch the little guy.  (I should preface this by saying IF I will be able to part with him for that long bc he will only be about 3 months old, we'll see how it goes...) So, I over heard my DH talking to his best friend who lives in Ohio and told him we were going to the wedding an that maybe afterwards we could fly to Ohio for a few days and make a double trip out of it.  When he got off the phone I just stared at him.  He seriously thinks we can just tack on another 4 days to our mini vacay 3 months after I give birth?  So... my parents are just going to watch a newborn/ take off work for 8 days? Im just going to pump and throw out a weeks worth of milk or try to smuggle it in a suit case while we galavant across the country? And we're just going to call and check in on the little guy and make sure he slept and ate? Like a pet?  

• Options
    vixey said:
    H thought babies were potty trained by the time they turned one.  
    Oy, well, maybe he's been having conversations with someone who is into Elimination Communication?

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options
    This thread is hilarious!!
    DH said to me awhile ago when I was still pregnant, "does everything go back to normal down there?!" I told him yes eventually but don't plan on getting any for awhile! Now that I've given birth, I told him don't even look at it or even think about it for a very long time, even after I have my 6 week recheck and get cleared! He looked really disappointed but brightened up when I said there's always bj's!!!
  • Options
    wtfisup said:

pcourtade said:

My husband thought that the doctor would pull out all of my intestines during my c section and put them on me........no idea where he got that one from.

Is he thinking of ... autopsies?
    Haha, I asked him about it and he said that two guys at his work said that they pulled out their wives insides. Maybe they were just trying to scare him? If so, it was pretty cruel, poor guy was freaked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"