Love being pregnant and grateful!

2»

Re: Love being pregnant and grateful!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    NewMrsMacCNewMrsMacC member
    edited March 2014
    @tnd

I am so sorry that so much worry has had to be a part or your pregnancy, that is not easy. You are taking wonderful care of your unborn baby, and doing so many hard (even painful) things just to insure that your baby's health is your first priority. You are an inspiration of strength, and you just vent and bitch all you want momma, we support you!!!  :-*

• Options
    Honestly, these kinds of posts are so annoying. First and foremost, complaining about pregnancy symptoms doesn't make anyone ungrateful, regardless of how easy or difficult it was for them to get pregnant. Good on you that you have no symptoms to complain about. You can bet your sweet ass you'd be singing another tune if you were dealing with HG. Secondly, you seem to be working off the assumption that everyone here is having a planned pregnancy at a convenient time in their lives. That is not the case. I'm sure you'll brush this off as rude, negative and/or critical. But to be quite honest, I find your post to be all of those things. It's narrow minded and insensitive. Highly critical of those who may be having a rough time and adjusting or feeling terrible. Who the fuck are you to say they aren't entitled to their feelings? Some people have far more serious issues that they are stressing over, such as jobs, money, lack of health insurance, etc. it's not always just about registries and nurseries. I'm pretty lucky in that I've had fairly easy pregnancies, no PPD, etc. but I'm certainly not going to create a post to brag about it and make others feel badly because they are not having a similar experience.
    Thank you for the words you wrote - they perfectly fit my feelings on this post but I've been sitting here since it was originally posted and unable to find a way to explain how it made me feel in a coherent way.
    I agree with all of this. Clearly, women who write stuff like this have never suffered from hyperemesis gravidirum for 7+ months, like I did. I couldn't keep water down without medication and could barely function. It doesn't mean I am ungrateful for having an otherwise healthy pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ck61 said:
    Thank you Bliss. I too wanted to say something to the OP but didn't know how to word it.... This pregnancy was 100% planned and I'm ecstatic about being a mom and having a baby. However actually being pregnant is a whole other story. I find it very hard to be thrilled about losing 15 lbs from morning sickness, having to take medicine to avoid throwing up 10 times in the first 5 hrs of waking up and even though I'm not throwing up anymore (because of the medicine) I still have no desire for food... Everything sounds like vomit. In the last two weeks I've lost 2lbs and I dread going back to the drs on the 10th because I'm terrified of losing more and getting lectured about food and needing to stop losing weight at 17 weeks... Non of this changes how I feel about the baby but the actual pregnancy.... I honestly don't think I could ever do this again....
    This was me, sister! I definitely went through the same thing! Ugh. And yes, this post is obnoxious and clueless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@tnd

I am so sorry that so much worry has had to be a part or your pregnancy, that is not easy. You are taking wonderful care of your unborn baby, and doing so many hard (even painful) things just to insure that your baby's health is your first priority. You are an inspiration of strength, and you just vent and bitch all you want momma, we support you!!!  :-*
    Thank you @NewMrsMacC

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • Options
    I can actually relate to both sides of what is being said. I am so happy that I am pregnant! Honestly some days I could walk around singing "I'm walking on sunshine" but others it's not that way at all. When I got pregnant my Dh had just switched jobs and we were in-between having insurance, extremely stressful. I was still over the moon with joy to be pregnant even in that stressful time. Since then I've had a fairly easy pregnancy symptoms wise, I count myself lucky....but recently we have been diagnosed with the possibility of our lo having down syndrome and are going through genetics counseling and testing. Their are so many mixed emotions and stresses that come with that information. I never could've imagined what kind of emotional roller coaster this possible diagnosis could be. My husband and I have both decided that we could never go through this kind of terror again and will not be having another baby but will choose to adopt. All kinds of complications can come with a down syndrome diagnosis (heart problems, kidney failure etc) and it is not scary or stressful but complete terror that something could be wrong with your child.  That being said I still love being pregnant. I find the bond I already feel for my lo amazing. I never knew I could love someone so much that I have never met and being that we have decided this will be our only pregnancy I am cherishing it. 

I know this was a long, grammatically incorrect, overly personal post but I just wanted to say that it can be hard for some of us and still wonderful.
    image.
  • Options
    tnd1218 said:
    @tnd

Thank you @NewMrsMacC

;)

• Options
    Uhhh congratulations OP..

• Options
    I love that I am pregnant again after so many years of trying, but I really dislike being pregnant. It messes with my body, my family life and my job (which I am lucky enough to love). Each day is a blessing but each day also has it's own set of challenges: blood work, medication (lots of medication), nausea, weight gain, exhaustion, baby brain.

I am grateful that so far we have not had any major hiccups in this pg and my thoughts and prayers are there for any family struggling with a scary diagnosis. 
  • Options
    Thanks, Bliss. I read the post and was like, "Wait... so because I've complained and am not loving getting sick every few days here at almost 20 weeks, along with all the other symptoms I've been facing, that means I'm not grateful for my pregnancy?" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"