September 2012 Moms
Options

FFCF

124»

Re: FFCF

• Options
    AKB090609 said:
    I let DD eat foods that are choking hazards all the time. She won't eat regular or cooked carrots, but she will chow down on baby carrots. Same thing with grapes they must be whole and frozen.

I also let DD close the door to our play room and play alone when she wants. I can get things done, the mess is contained, and she's happy. I don't think she needs to be supervised visually all the time. If I can hear her she's fine.
    My kid is a climber and likes to play with wires, so this would be a major parenting fail in my house. With my luck she would climb on the dresser and get tangled in a light cord (no overhead lighting in my house). I wish I could let her play in a room without us though.

The room she plays in has a daybed and a cube shelf with toys. If there were cords I'd worry more, but she has climbed up on the bed before and seems to know how to get down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AKB090609 said:
    AKB090609 said:
    I let DD eat foods that are choking hazards all the time. She won't eat regular or cooked carrots, but she will chow down on baby carrots. Same thing with grapes they must be whole and frozen.

I also let DD close the door to our play room and play alone when she wants. I can get things done, the mess is contained, and she's happy. I don't think she needs to be supervised visually all the time. If I can hear her she's fine.
    My kid is a climber and likes to play with wires, so this would be a major parenting fail in my house. With my luck she would climb on the dresser and get tangled in a light cord (no overhead lighting in my house). I wish I could let her play in a room without us though.

The room she plays in has a daybed and a cube shelf with toys. If there were cords I'd worry more, but she has climbed up on the bed before and seems to know how to get down.
    I am jealous that your daughter likes to play by herself. :)  The few times that my LO has gone off by herself and is quiet, I start to get nervous about what she is doing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I think Hugh Grant is super sexy in his bad teeth bumbling British busted with a hooker kind of way.
    This goes back to my desire to know what in the world makes a hooker different.  I mean seriously.  Hugh Grant.  Pretty sure he could just have his pick.  So what do hookers do that non-hookers don't do?  I'd like to consider myself pretty darn adventurous in the sack, so I can't imagine what my DH, or the men I've slept with before him would/could ask for.  I literally think about this a lot. 

My DH's old roommate told me how he slept with a hooker once and this has sparked complete fascination for me.  I didn't know him very well at the time to ask more about it, and it's not really something you bring up with new people you meet, so I've never gotten my question answered.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    FFFC: I think Hugh Grant is super sexy in his bad teeth bumbling British busted with a hooker kind of way.
    This goes back to my desire to know what in the world makes a hooker different.  I mean seriously.  Hugh Grant.  Pretty sure he could just have his pick.  So what do hookers do that non-hookers don't do?  I'd like to consider myself pretty darn adventurous in the sack, so I can't imagine what my DH, or the men I've slept with before him would/could ask for.  I literally think about this a lot. 

My DH's old roommate told me how he slept with a hooker once and this has sparked complete fascination for me.  I didn't know him very well at the time to ask more about it, and it's not really something you bring up with new people you meet, so I've never gotten my question answered.
    They don't kiss and tell. They don't call you the next day.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I don't think prostitution should be illegal either.
    Make that legal and I imagine it could generate quite a bit of revenue/taxes.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    hmp1 said:

I could be wrong but wasn't the hooker a transvestite?

• Options
    kdsmith43kdsmith43 member
    edited January 2014
    I have started wearing side ponytails.

I think I am going get over myself and go to my natural haircolor which is apparently a dark brown.  I fear that I will look frumpy, but I can't handle/ afford getting my hair foiled every six weeks...  
    :((

Could you get a partial highlight every other time? That would help cut down the cost. I think that's one thing I will never be able to give up. I'm addicted to hair coloring. Although, I do it myself every other time so I only have to pay every 12ish weeks. I am SUPER blonde in the summer.

ETA: lame selfie of the blonde

• Options

I think I am going get over myself and go to my natural haircolor which is apparently a dark brown.  I fear that I will look frumpy, but I can't handle/ afford getting my hair foiled every six weeks...  
    While I was pregnant I also went to my natural color.  I hadn't done that since I was 18.  I was spending a sad amount of money and time (4 hours damn thick curly hair) every 8 weeks to highlight my hair.  If I start to color again it will definitely something that is not as time consuming.
                  image     image
  • Options
    @kdsmith43 that is the color my hair normally is, or at least used to be.  I LOVE it!

I think I am just going to try to find a darker color that makes me not feel frumpy or go darker and figure out how to not feel frumpy in it!  Gotta give things up sometimes....  when I become a lady who lunches I will also become a blonde lady again!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options

I could be wrong but wasn't the hooker a transvestite?
    No. She was a woman. Just not the Bunny Ranch type hooker people expected to see with Hugh Grant. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I have never dyed my hair a lighter color. Always darker. Once, black. LOLZ

I tried to find a picture but...I can't post half of them and the other half should have been burned.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2014
    I don't mind the idea of legal brothels like NV has it set up. The state opening it up to the counties to decide if they will allow it or not. Pretty sure my county won't allow it since we can't even get wine in our grocery stores.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I don't mind the idea of legal brothels like NV has it set up. The state opening it up to the counties to decide if they will allow it or not. Pretty sure my county won't allow it since we can't even get wine in our grocery stores.
    Wait, what?  You can buy beer or booze in a grocery store but not wine?  Also, I didn't realize that not everyone had a liquor department in their grocery stores like we Wisconsinites do until like 4 years ago.  I don't usually go to supermarkets when I'm on vacation, hence why I didn't know!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Wait, what?  You can buy beer or booze in a grocery store but not wine?  Also, I didn't realize that not everyone had a liquor department in their grocery stores like we Wisconsinites do until like 4 years ago.  I don't usually go to supermarkets when I'm on vacation, hence why I didn't know!
    STUCK
    We can't buy liquor at the grocery store.  But we can buy wine and beer.  When I went to school in Utah you had to buy wine in the liquor store.
                  image     image
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Beer is the only thing that can be sold at a non-liquor store.

ETA: And when we lived in AR, my parents had to drive into MO to get beer and wine because out county was completely dry. For the longest time you couldn't even get alcohol at a restaurant. Oh, the south.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    hmp1 said:

ETA: And when we lived in AR, my parents had to drive into MO to get beer and wine because out county was completely dry. For the longest time you couldn't even get alcohol at a restaurant. Oh, the south.
    The town we are potentially moving to is still dry. Gotta drive up the mountain to get the booze. :P
  • Options
    Hugh (yes, I feel like we're practically on a first name basis) looked pretty sexy in the trailer.  Apparently it's not released to the public yet.  I can't find it online anywhere or I would post.

Yes, I don't really care if you ladies know where I live, I'm probably crazier than you, so there's that.

• Options
     Late to the boob talk but I thought I would weigh in. I had mine done when I was 23 and thought the recovery was pretty easy. The first few days sucked but as long as you keep up on the meds it's totally manageable. I had them done, under the muscle, on a Tuesday and I went to a party that Friday (no drinking for me, but I was up, showered and there). If you want them done in the future I would just have them done on a Friday and take a few days off work (unless you have a job that is physically demanding).
    Good to know! Desk job here, so that would work. The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to opt to have them done at some point. 
    DO IT! I love my boobs, and they haven't changed since having a baby ( they get huge during pregnancy but they went back to normal once I had weaned).
    Yes, definitely do it! Totally worth the money and the discomfort at first. I love my boobs, and like PP they got/are huge when I'm pregnant, but went back to 'normal' once I finished breastfeeding. 
  • Options
    I just cried on the phone to my husband because the ground beef I defrosted is bad and I really wanted greek burgers.  

It makes me angry that We can't just order food from a restaurant because there is none healthy and if there is a pizza here I will eat way more than I should.  

So I am half upset that I can't have a greek burger for dinner and half upset that I am fat and can't control what I eat.  I am sure my husband thinks I am crazy for crying over a burger.  
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    When we were on our east coast adventure this past Thanksgiving I walked into CVS and looked all over before I asked where to booze isle was. I was seriously stunned when they said they didn't have one.  Also when the grocery store didn't have one.  And 7-11 didn't have wine. 
    'Round these parts they sell beer/wine/booze everywhere. Including gas stations. I don't think my college experience would have been complete if I didn't leave the bar right before last call so I could run to the gas station and grab a 12 pack before we headed home. 

• Options
    Also, we don't have anything but beer in our grocery stores.  Beer and wine can't be sold together, so liquor stores don't have beer....
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2014
    hmp1 said:
    danabsd said:
    jessk86 said:
    I don't like when people answer 'we don't care as long as it's healthy'. Like, if it isn't going to be healthy then you do have a preference? Also, you don't get a boy, a girl, OR a healthy baby. I get *why* people say it, I just don't think everyone is telling the truth. 
    I say that. And I am 100% lying. But I feel like it's what people want to hear over I REALLY want another baby girl. And I am sure MH says secret prayers that this baby has a ween so it's probably better that we present on a united "healthy baby" front. 
    DH and I had fun with the rivalry last pregnancy. I wanted a boy and he wanted a girl. We weren't posting about it on FB but had no problem joking around about it to family and friends.
    This was us last time. This time I feel like everyone but me wants it to be a boy.   
    Maybe that my real issue here. :-S

• Options
    Bighair12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    STUCK
    We can't buy liquor at the grocery store.  But we can buy wine and beer.  When I went to school in Utah you had to buy wine in the liquor store.
    @bighair12, where did you attend school?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    @cheenomae I went to weber for my last year to get my second BS. Though I claim boise state as my alma mater. You are in utah right? gTG??
                  image     image
  • Options
    @bighair12, I can't say I blame you! Yes, SLC. I would love to do a GTG, it's lonely out here in the west!

• Options

Alcohol everywhere. There's even wine at aldi's. We also have One stop, which is the drive through liquor store.

I love Ohio and their drive thru beverage barns!

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    hmp1 said:

Not just the south, my grocery store only has margarita mixes, nothing alcoholic at all. Also you can't buy alcohol on Sundays.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

MelsaX said:
    I just judged a mum I saw in the mall about 10 minutes ago. And I'm pretty sure she saw the disgusted look I gave her. She had cola in a bottle for her maybe 7 month old baby. Yeah, I'm judging that, hard. #sorrynotsorry
    what!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief!!!! I just can't. Cola. In a bottle. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Options
    MelsaX said:
    I am kind of gutted I live so far away from all of you guys. I would love to attend a GTG, but that won't happen. But living in New Zealand is fucking awesome, in case you hadn't realised already.
    I don't know what gutted is, but when I win the lotto I'm coming to visit! 
  • Options
    Alcohol everywhere. There's even wine at aldi's. We also have One stop, which is the drive through liquor store.
    I love Ohio and their drive thru beverage barns!

My hubby was super excited to see one of these close to where we live now. It's definitely a change from WA and SC!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't e

I went back to my natural hair color when pregnant with Nanc.  I was like WHOA blonde before. Honestly, it's so much easier, even with my few grey's. :-) I had no idea I'd like it as much as I actually do.  Also, this was the first time in over 15 years my hair has been my natural color.

Same here about natural color while PG and for a while post PG, but then I got my hair super blonde again.  I've always love my hair super blond, but yeah I just can't do it anymore.  But I feel like I look so frumpy with dark hair.....  And it is funny, because my daughters hair is the color I would love mine to be!

I don't even know what my natural color is. I don't think I could ever go back. I dye my own though.
  • Options
    Oh and also, you can't buy beer, wine or liquor at the grocery store here. Reason 134 why I don't like it here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"