April 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @jennypenny1014 I didn't even know naked was an option. Wow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's the RTT thread?????
  • Options
    edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited January 2014
    ashcole28 said:

What's the RTT thread?????

Random Thoughts Thread or Longest Thread EVER!
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    So long as we're discussing pregnancy boobs, BFing, and deflation: I'm seriously considering having my boobs put back in place and re-inflated (to pre-pregnancy proportion) when I'm done BFing.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I'm full of confessions today. I have another. I'm watching Honey Boo Boo. And laughing. It's so stupid, it's funny.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    Futurama Fry - Not sure if sarcasm or being serious
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If I could FF this baby, like I did with ds, without upsetting dh or feeling guilty about the cost I would do it. I am committed to trying to BF and to stick it out for at least 6 weeks to give it an honest chance, but I have no desire to at all. I've already been flamed by dh's family and friends for this, so don't bother. There's not much I haven't heard :p

I loved FFing with DS. I'm also committed to BF this baby, but I'm also dreading it. It sounds so hard. So so hard. Hopefully when the upsides come I feel like it's worth it but right now it just feels like a major chore and I'm dreading it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options
    snmetz7 said:

I can't fall asleep without some sort of noise like radio or tv and I'm worried that on top of not being able to sleep because of baby, when she gets here, that when I do have time to sleep, I'll be too worried to turn on any sounds and not be able to get to sleep!

We room shared with our DS and he slept better with a noise machine. He preferes a noise similar to a heartbeat. I was quickly able to get used to the noise machine and also to know when he made his tiny newborn noises. We BF and I'd be sort of awake then I'd hear his first waking up noises.
    I think it will be ok and your baby probably will sleep better with the noise machine since he/she will have heard it from inside. Sorry if I'm repeating other people.
  • Options
    poru said:
    I've decided to go with a pair of men's style button up pj's for post-birth, with a nursing tank. Comfortable, cute, easy to BF in.
    What a genius idea!   :D  I just picked up my G&O navy blue PJs at target this weekend.
    That's the exact pair I'm talking about! So cozy.
    I lived in them last time.  I threw those away and got a fresh pair for this time, one size up from the ones I normally wear to bed in the winter.
    I need a link to these magical PJs... are you talking about these? https://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-reg-women-s-knit-pajama-set-assorted-colors/-/A-14887838#prodSlot=medium_1_54&term=gilligan
    Yes! I'm hoping they go on sale and/or there's a cartwheel deal...then I'll get 2 pairs!
    I wish Target pj's came in longer lengths!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options

I'm serious. I'm a FTM and never knew that was an option in a hospital.
  • Options
    LoriMc12 said:
    poru said:
    I've decided to go with a pair of men's style button up pj's for post-birth, with a nursing tank. Comfortable, cute, easy to BF in.
    What a genius idea!   :D  I just picked up my G&O navy blue PJs at target this weekend.
    That's the exact pair I'm talking about! So cozy.
    I lived in them last time.  I threw those away and got a fresh pair for this time, one size up from the ones I normally wear to bed in the winter.
    I need a link to these magical PJs... are you talking about these? https://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-reg-women-s-knit-pajama-set-assorted-colors/-/A-14887838#prodSlot=medium_1_54&term=gilligan
    Yes! I'm hoping they go on sale and/or there's a cartwheel deal...then I'll get 2 pairs!
    I wish Target pj's came in longer lengths!
    Oh no, are they short! Damn this tallness!
  • Options

I'm serious. I'm a FTM and never knew that was an option in a hospital.
    Haha yeah, you can do whatever the hell you want in the midst of birthing a baby. Per my midwife "bring some comfortable clothes to labor in, but a lot of people by the end just don't want to bother with clothes!"
  • Options
    My FFFC: it has been a year since my son saw his great-grandparents and 2 years since my husband saw them. They are wonderful people in their mid-80's who happen to live in our "home state" where it has been EXTREAMLY cold this winter.
    DH needs to take some vacation time this Feb/March. We've talked about going to see them or going to the gulf coast. I feel terrible that I don't want to deal with weather that cold while pregnant. I do want to see them but I don't want to go to the Midwest!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm really angry at my MIL for being so sick, and I feel like a terrible person. People say I'm not, but it doesn't make me feel better.
    She was shocked, SHOCKED, that there was something wrong with her heart. What does she think? She's a morbidly obese woman who is wider than she is tall, has high cholesterol, adult onset diabetes, and a looong history of stroke, cancer, and heart disease in her family. Since she retired over a year and a half ago, all she's done is lie on the couch. The only activity she gets is going to church and the grocery store once a week. And she's surprised that she's sick?!? And I've had to watch my poor husband, for as long as I've known him, have to live with the knowledge that his mom would probably die at a young age. And now he's worried about whether or not she'll get to see the birth of her first grandchild. It's stress he doesn't need, and I just feel like it is completely selfish on her part to have given up on life so completely. All of this is so preventable! Get some moderate exercise! Don't sit on your butt all day! Don't eat a stick of butter with every meal! Eat a vegetable once in a while! Her health has been declining for years, and she's done nothing about it. Even though her son has begged her to, her doctors have begged her to, and now she's surprised that her heart is failing. It makes me incredibly sad, and incredibly angry, and I'm a horrible person. Flame if need be, I deserve it, and could probably use the different perspective. But that's my confession.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Going off my previous post, be prepared for MAJOR lack of sleep in some cases, not all. I'm not talking once you get home. I mean in the recovery room on the maternity ward if you deliver in a hospital. They will wake you up regardless of what time of day/night it is for questions/testing, and it's usually every few hours, so between nurses and the baby, you're screwed for sleep. 
    This was a lot like my experience though I assumed some of mine had to do with trying to nurse and having my son in the NICU. We had people in every 2 hours day/ night without fail to ask us questions or mess with me somehow. We ended up telling our nurse we NEEDED some sleep so our nurse put a note on our door saying please do not disturb us (except for medical needs of course.) I couldn't wait to get home just to get some rest. 

• Options

I'm really angry at my MIL for being so sick, and I feel like a terrible person. People say I'm not, but it doesn't make me feel better.
    She was shocked, SHOCKED, that there was something wrong with her heart. What does she think? She's a morbidly obese woman who is wider than she is tall, has high cholesterol, adult onset diabetes, and a loool history of stroke, cancer, and heart disease in her family. Since she retired over a year and a half ago, all she's done is lie on the couch. The only activity she gets is going to church and the grocery store once a week. And she's surprised that she's sick?!? And I've had to watch my poor husband, for as long as I've known him, have to live with the knowledge that his mom would probably die at a young age. And now he's worried about whether or not she'll get to see the birth of her first grandchild. It's stress he doesn't need, and I just feel like it is completely selfish on her part to have given up on life so completely. All of this is so preventable! Get some moderate exercise! Don't sit on your butt all day! Don't eat a stick of butter with every meal! Eat a vegetable once in a while! Her health has been declining for years, and she's done nothing about it. Even though her son has begged her to, her doctors have begged her to, and now she's surprised that her heart is failing. It makes me incredibly sad, and incredibly angry, and I'm a horrible person. Flame if need be, I deserve it, that could probably use the different perspective. But that's my confession.

Ugh I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. My dad was recently hospitalized for a second heart attack (his first gave him 4 stints and informed him one was 100% blocked and others almost as bad), I had family come up and apologize to me and I had to say, "why? It's his choice not to get healthy." He hasn't started exercising or eating right and it's been a year. You think he would feel he has a lot to live for.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    My daughter wasn't breastfed for various reasons which I won't bore you with lol. I would have like to but it didn't end up that way. In the end she is a very healthy and smart 20 month old and I have no regrets. However, I get why people feel they have to defend themselves. I did feel judged even though I know what I did was best for us under the circumstances.
    Anyways, I guess my confession is that I am planning on breastfeeding/pumping this time around mostly because I don't want to buy 2x the formula for the twins.
  • Options
    @BiggerinRealLife I wouldn't flame you for that at all. I have people in my life like that, it hurts to see them slowly killing themselves. They don't realize that they are not only hurting themselves, they are hurting their loved ones. I believe there usually has to be some kind of depression happening there. I wish I had an answer to change things. My decision was that my children and husband come first, and to distance myself (mentally) from the toxic situation. There's not enough time in my day to stay up worrying about fully capable adults making bad decisions. Good luck, I do hope your MIL gets better.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    I'm really angry at my MIL for being so sick, and I feel like a terrible person. People say I'm not, but it doesn't make me feel better. She was shocked, SHOCKED, that there was something wrong with her heart. What does she think? She's a morbidly obese woman who is wider than she is tall, has high cholesterol, adult onset diabetes, and a looong history of stroke, cancer, and heart disease in her family. Since she retired over a year and a half ago, all she's done is lie on the couch. The only activity she gets is going to church and the grocery store once a week. And she's surprised that she's sick?!? And I've had to watch my poor husband, for as long as I've known him, have to live with the knowledge that his mom would probably die at a young age. And now he's worried about whether or not she'll get to see the birth of her first grandchild. It's stress he doesn't need, and I just feel like it is completely selfish on her part to have given up on life so completely. All of this is so preventable! Get some moderate exercise! Don't sit on your butt all day! Don't eat a stick of butter with every meal! Eat a vegetable once in a while! Her health has been declining for years, and she's done nothing about it. Even though her son has begged her to, her doctors have begged her to, and now she's surprised that her heart is failing. It makes me incredibly sad, and incredibly angry, and I'm a horrible person. Flame if need be, I deserve it, and could probably use the different perspective. But that's my confession.
    At risk of sounding like a cold hearted bitch I see what you mean. My dad's girlfriend has breast cancer and felt a lump in her breast for over a year before she went to the doc about it. A year! And she has family history of breast cancer. I just feel like she needs to set a better example for her young daughters. It hard not be angry at people who don't bother helping themselves.
    Re the breast cancer: That is very sad and I can understand how frustrating it might be to stand by and watch that all play out--but to play devil's advocate: Sometimes that stuff can be terrifying to face and people's coping mechanisms end up being akin to sticking their heads in the sand. Not flaming, just offering perspective. 

• Options
    Cecilbear said:
    Vinny424 said:
    I'm really angry at my MIL for being so sick, and I feel like a terrible person. People say I'm not, but it doesn't make me feel better. She was shocked, SHOCKED, that there was something wrong with her heart. What does she think? She's a morbidly obese woman who is wider than she is tall, has high cholesterol, adult onset diabetes, and a looong history of stroke, cancer, and heart disease in her family. Since she retired over a year and a half ago, all she's done is lie on the couch. The only activity she gets is going to church and the grocery store once a week. And she's surprised that she's sick?!? And I've had to watch my poor husband, for as long as I've known him, have to live with the knowledge that his mom would probably die at a young age. And now he's worried about whether or not she'll get to see the birth of her first grandchild. It's stress he doesn't need, and I just feel like it is completely selfish on her part to have given up on life so completely. All of this is so preventable! Get some moderate exercise! Don't sit on your butt all day! Don't eat a stick of butter with every meal! Eat a vegetable once in a while! Her health has been declining for years, and she's done nothing about it. Even though her son has begged her to, her doctors have begged her to, and now she's surprised that her heart is failing. It makes me incredibly sad, and incredibly angry, and I'm a horrible person. Flame if need be, I deserve it, and could probably use the different perspective. But that's my confession.
    At risk of sounding like a cold hearted bitch I see what you mean. My dad's girlfriend has breast cancer and felt a lump in her breast for over a year before she went to the doc about it. A year! And she has family history of breast cancer. I just feel like she needs to set a better example for her young daughters. It hard not be angry at people who don't bother helping themselves.
    Re the breast cancer: That is very sad and I can understand how frustrating it might be to stand by and watch that all play out--but to play devil's advocate: Sometimes that stuff can be terrifying to face and people's coping mechanisms end up being akin to sticking their heads in the sand. Not flaming, just offering perspective. 
    I understand what you're saying, but it's always been hard for me to empathize with people that use denial as a coping mechanism. Not to say it's not a legit thing - I'm sure in some cases it is - but, like in this case, you feel the lump. You are saying the lump is there. You are acknowledging it - why would you wait a year to deal with it? Pretending it's not there doesn't make it magically disappear, it's going to get worse. I would think even if you are a denial-person you would see that. I don't know, maybe I just don't get it.
  • Options
    poru said:
    @acaawkard want to compare obsessive meal planning? I fill out this every Friday for the next week :) I admit I am type A to a fault.
    I plan ours on a white board for the entire month... and if I don't have it written out and planned the anxiety flood gates open!
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

• Options

poru said:

poru said:

@acaawkard want to compare obsessive meal planning?

I fill out this every Friday for the next week :) I admit I am type A to a fault.

I use the second printable on this link (The Project Girl)! I plan on Saturday and we grocery shop for the week on Sunday! I also keep a list on the fridge of expiration dates so I can plan meals around things that are about to expire.

https://www.theprojectgirl.com/2009/01/19/menu-planning-form-free-download/

I nerdily love meal planning!

a list of expiration dates?! You put me to shame!
    It's probably more impressive than it sounds ;) it's more for things like sour cream or heavy cream or feta that I only use half a small carton for one or two particular recipes and then it will grow mold if I don't remember to make something else with it in a few weeks! Things like milk and eggs are regular purchases and don't really need to be written down!

I am totally both of you!! I have found my bump sisters....I am a planner for a living, and the crazy planning of mine doesn't stop at my desk with my clients, it's everywhere in my house. Life is so much easier that way!
  • Options
    embear22 said:

This may be more of an UO here, but... I don't like Annie's Mac n cheese. I keep trying it and I still don't like it. I think the pasta is hard and chewy and the cheese is not as good. I'll take kraft or velveeta any day!

Edit: spelling
    I agree. I dont care for Velveeta either, though.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Along those lines: I never expected to see SO after the wedding we met at. Even when we did keep seeing each other for another year, I thought we would break up once I was done with my undergrad work. Now I have him for 18 years ;)
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @CalinAZ, nothing to be ashamed about! I have a teddy bear I've had for 18 years!!! He only survived this long because I'd go ape shit when my mom put him in the wash when I was in school. His bow tie fell off but he's in perfect condition. He has 9 names Brandon Zachary Jesse Andrew NAHBK. When I was little I added a name on every year til I settled on abbreviating all the Backstreet Boy's initials towards the end :p I'm 26 now! I'm passing him on to my child :) Oh forgot to add I am not afraid to wash him now LOL cuz that'd just be nasty. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"