April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Also when I saw that @jellysparkles was referring to someone who started with an "L," I got worried. Then realized that I hadn't posted in the UO thread. Or really any threads today.  :\">

LOL! It's just speculation so far...
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:

Has heartburn ever killed someone?

Ha! I asked my DH this exact same question last night! I was only semi-serious ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Any if you culinarily inclined ladies have a good beef or chicken stew recipe for the crock pot?

• Options

I'm so tired this week! I'm reading everything, saying hi!! And going to go hit up the UO to see what the heck is going on. Anyone else just dead tired?? When did this come back???

Me!! I fell asleep at my desk today for 30 mins. Thank goodness I was working from home today!
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    Yay! Amnio results came back normal! 46 XY, definitely all boy! Now we just wait for our follow up ultrasound on 1/30 and the results of the DNA array in about 2 weeks (typically normal after a normal amnio, but still needs to be done). That's one major load off my shoulders...still some to go, but feeling better!
    I'm so happy for you!  What a relief!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    aviola329 said:

Yay! Amnio results came back normal! 46 XY, definitely all boy! Now we just wait for our follow up ultrasound on 1/30 and the results of the DNA array in about 2 weeks (typically normal after a normal amnio, but still needs to be done). That's one major load off my shoulders...still some to go, but feeling better!

So happy for you!!
  • Options
    danamarie421, hahahah, you deserve that ego boost!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited January 2014
    LoriMc12 said:
    SLSchuerg said:
    @LoriMc12 I wasn't trying to imply that I perceived her comment that way or that's what she meant. But when she said, "Can we come up with some kind of signal or something to let other RTT thread users know when it's us giving birth?" it just reminded of a few times when I've seen different statements made, like how @toothpastechica brought up that some people requested being an active RTTer as a requirement/preference for their LB. Not that I have a problem with how close everyone's been able to get by utilizing the somehow anonymous, yet conspicuous RTT. It's actually pretty impressive how easily it is to get away with casually talking about someone without them having any idea (ie sex swing thread).
    And that signal simply meant the suggestion of putting our screen names in the thread title. Really, who isn't more interested in being paired up for LBs or being in the know with news of people they recognize on the board?  The RTT just happens to be one of the ways that has made it easier to recognize and get to know some of the many awesome ladies on A14.   

I also find it impressive that the RTT is right in front of everyone's eyes but feels so hidden at the same time. 
    @LoriMc12 Yes, and I agree that it's a good idea to put s/ns in the title of the thread. I don't know if you caught it, but I later compared it to the time of anatomy scans when some of us couldn't get as excited about who was having a boy or girl if they weren't an active participant. And I can certainly relate to being paired with a random person (that happened to me with the onesie exchange in the first round if you remember :D ) and not being excited about it. I chose my list of LBs based outside of the RTT, so I guess I just have a hard time relating to how active RTTers feel about the thread for those who have been here from the or close to the beginning.

ANYWHO. I love BiRL, and I wasn't trying to knock her idea. :) I think it's great, and it just happened to remind me of something slightly unrelated to her post. Sorry if I didn't make those thoughts separate enough.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    Rogue237 said:
    I'm watching the episode of the office where Daryl teaches Michael slang terms that aren't real. Dinkum flicka.
    Can we long distance watch the office together? And I'll PM you every funny quote I come across.

Please?
  • Options
    aronie82 said:
    I have a good waddle going due to my hip and sciatic pain. I need a good come back for when people say I shouldn't hurt/be so uncomfortable because I have sooo much longer to go. I fail at being witty and clever. Help!
    I feel your pain - literally! My sciatic pain has been so bad the last couple of days that I'm seriously having to drag my foot like some hunchback zombie because lifting it even a millimeter off the ground hurts like a sonofabitch. This shit's gotta GO.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    No more Troy and Abed in the morning :-(

• Options
    @AprilMay9 Really? That would make me 100x more angry.

DH wouldn't dare. This morning I threatened to not cook him breakfast if he didn't get out of bed (He let his alarm ring for an hour before getting up). He was out of bed and in the shower in like 2 seconds.

Tell him if you're going to spend the time to cook a meal, he better eat. He will know what he's missing when the baby is born.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

aronie82 said:

I have a good waddle going due to my hip and sciatic pain. I need a good come back for when people say I shouldn't hurt/be so uncomfortable because I have sooo much longer to go. I fail at being witty and clever. Help!

I feel your pain - literally! My sciatic pain has been so bad the last couple of days that I'm seriously having to drag my foot like some hunchback zombie because lifting it even a millimeter off the ground hurts like a sonofabitch. This shit's gotta GO.
    -----
    This. I've been home from work for two days because I can't walk. I went to the grocery because we were out of food, and had to ask for help out to my car. I walk like an old lady and I'm only 30. It freaking sucks.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @AprilMay9 Maybe at 30 minutes before dinner, tell him, "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes"? That way he can get whatever he's doing out of the way but be on time for dinner. My friends and I have to do this with one of our friends who's habitually late to EV.ERY.THING.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    There is so much shit I need/want to do... But I just don't care. I'm gonna eat some chips and watch tv :)

I need a good new series to watch . Just finished season 3 of Sherlock. Any suggestions??
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options

danamarie421, hahahah, you deserve that ego boost!

Thanks @KatieGummow!! :)
  • Options
    So as I was taking a dump...(a much needed relief by the way) my baby was moving at the same time. It was the most weird and uncomfortable feeling ever. Seriously, I kept thinking, he is either helping things move along, (which is kind of disgusting) or my bowl movement was making him move. Crazy shit I tell you.   /:)

=)) I know this exact feeling.
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:

WWA14 do?

I cook dinner every. Single. Night. For my husband. Well and me. He can never get to the table when it is ready. He is always working out or cleaning or puttering around the house. I give him a 5 minute warning and he still can't be at the table when it's ready. I've had many calm discussions with him over this to no avail. I think it's a horrible example for our future children and very disrespectful and if he continues to pull this shit I will stab him in the nuts. Am I being unreasonable?

Start making dinner for one.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    @aviola329 So happy for you!! :D
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

poru said:
    Vinny424 said:
    I think the person @jellysparkles wants to block posted in UO as usual. If it's who I think it is, it's a poster that usually has posts full of condemnation and rude remarks. She thinks she's right about everything.
    I wish I was smart enough to figure this out.
    Me too.  :-?
    I am sticking my fingers in my ear, I don't want to know!!!

ETA:  Did anyone see what I did there?!

I always think of this when I read the SN.
    I think I got it now.... wow I am slow(er than usual) tonight
    Don't worry, I didn't get it until I read your post - I haz a dumb tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"