ljs4117 said:

1. My favorite color is purple
    2. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving
    3. I look at magazines from back to front
    4. I have a fear of birds
    5. I swallowed a penny when I was little
    6. I don't have a birth mark
    7. I regret not finishing college

@simplysheree - Did you poop it out?!!?!?
    @ljs4117 - everyone I tell that to wants to know. I seriously have no idea. The doctor surprisingly wasn't concerned.

Ah! I swallowed three quarters when I was like 6 because my brother told me he could swallow it and bring it back up.... I tried three times :(
  • Options
    Cfreymc said:
    @elyse05 I grew up in the Keys too! Where did you live?? I was in Marathon, I lived there from '96-2004

@cfreymc '90-'05 we 'island hopped' (my dad loved builing new homes), I lived on mostly Big Pine, but I also lived on Ramrod,Cudjoe, and Sugarloaf. Dang those names are gonna look weird to non-natives, lol.

I did some childrens theater in marathon, at that little theater next to that 1 screen movie theater. Good times!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nice! I'm assuming you went to school in KW then? If you were at Marathon I would probably know you! @elyse05
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @cfreymc I feel the same way about pot & look forward to when i'm done bfing so I can smoke.
    @kt012885 - I too have an addict brother. He has been in & out of jail since I was in high school. Heroin & meth. He has been out of our lives for 10 years at least & I don't think he knows that our Mom passed away 3 1/2 years ago. It sucks.
  • Options
    Cfreymc said:
    Nice! I'm assuming you went to school in KW then? If you were at Marathon I would probably know you! @elyse05

yup, KW conchs. Woooo. You went to UF too, right? I may be confused.

@cfeymc

• Options
    Hmm not UF, I did go to UT (University of Tampa) for 3 semesters but I think you're thinking of someone else. I bet we know some of the same people, I knew a handful of people who went to KWH. @elyse05

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @lisamonkee11 I'm sorry to hear that- so sad.  My brother is 24 and he's been going through this since he was 14 probably?  He has a 2 1/2 year old that my mom takes on the weekends and I feel the most sad for him.  He's been sober for 9 months now- by far the longest, so that's a positive for us.  My parents sent him out East and he now lives in a half way house.  However he can't hold a job longer than a week or 2. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. I used to be really self-conscious about being a redhead because older women would stop my 4 year old self when I was out with my mother to ask if they could cut off a piece to bring to their colorist.
    2. I used to have sardines and French vanilla yogurt as part of my lunch every single day in elementary school and to this day I wonder whether it's weird that I go through phases of eating the exact same thing for breakfast or lunch for days on end.
    3. Guilty admission (I feel better seeing that other people have posted about it): I've never slept better than those nights in undergrad when I'd have a teensy joint before bed... And especially during these sleep regression nights, I kind of miss it.
    4. I love Lush products to what may be a slightly unhealthy degree.
    5. I also love tea and people know it so I now have more than I know what to do with, haha.
    6. I REALLY MISS BREAKING BAD. I can't wait for Better Call Saul.
    7. I really do say "eh" a lot (bah, Canada) and it bugs me when people mock the stereotype and use it wrong.
  • Options
    I honestly believe I would be a better mom if I could smoke a joint every now & then. I get so stressed with DD1 whining (2yo) and stupid dogs barking and stupid DH nagging. Maybe this belongs on FFFC.
  • Options
    I play the harp
    I can recite the first 27 lines of the Canterbury Tales in Middle English from memory.
    My dream is to live in a building with my parents and my sister where we all have separate space but communal space as well.
    I commute between 90-120 minutes to and from work each way.
    I hate Blue Cheese
    I studied Japanese from 6th grade through high school. I can currently pretty much only say  "This is my red pencil" in that language.
    I've been to Japan, England, Canada and Australia and about half of the states.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @citrusfamily Wow! There is a 1:9 ratio in my mom's family (my sisters are my half sisters on my dad's side) and I thought that was crazy. My mom told me that I had finally dethroned myself by having Olivia :) I am happy to share the only-girls title with LO!
  • Options
    I'm terrified of seaweed and firefighters. I can sing opera. I love Charmed. The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie. I detest coffee. I have two tattoos. Mike n Ikes and star burst are my favorite candy. ETA because apparently I can't count.
    Will you still hang out with me?  DH is a volunteer firefighter.  I promise if he is around I won't let him wear his uniform/bunker gear. 
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Options

7- I'm brown ( I'm Indian- dot not feather) and my daughter looks like a little white girl ( DH is white.) I just sort of expected her to be darker!

@WifeyLovesHubs: Good Will Hunting? :D

@cfreymc: is John McCain your grandpa?
  • Options
    1. Flavored cream in my coffee makes my day. Sometimes I even look forward to it when I go bed at night like a weirdo.

2. I really want a Cornish Rex cat.

3. I love Christmas and I never get tired of Christmas music or Christmas decorations.

4. My favorite cocktail is a Moscow Mule.

5. I went to school to do hair but ended up a cake decorator, and I absolutely love my job.

6. I have at least 20 pairs of fuzzy slipper socks, I can't get enough.

7. My best friend has been my best friend for over 27 years. My mom was her nanny when we were babies and we've stayed best friends ever since.

• Options
    Oh for fun!

I had my tubes tied after having ds, but I secretly hope it fails and I have a healthy pregnancy.

I also watch tv, movies ect. With the captioning on. My mom is deaf. I grew up with it, so it is normal to me.

My grandma and 2 aunts are also deaf.

dh and I worked together when we were teenagers. We went our separate ways and reconnected online.

I love elephants.

I just accepted a new job in the NICU. I'm so nervous going there after working med/surg for nearly 8 years!

My children have never set foot in a daycare. I feel very blessed to have family to watch them.
  • Options
    John McCain is not my grandpa. The "mc" in my s/n is for his last name though. I don't think anyone on this board was born yet when he ran for president.

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    TheLittleRedMTheLittleRedM member
    edited November 2013
    1. I'm the only blue eyed person in my family...and by 'family' I mean my parents and brothers.
    2. I want a blue-eyed red headed baby girl so badly and even though on my side, those genetics are there (albeit not given to me), they aren't there on DH's side. Sad day. I might just have to adopt one :)
    3. I've seriously contemplated becoming a surrogate. I know that it's tough and I know there is an emotional and physical toll that goes with it but there are so many people that can't host their own babies and I feel the need to help. DH doesn't think it's a good idea from an emotional standpoint.
    4. I never had any school spirit in high school or college. I guess mildly but only where it concerned what I did. Like, I was super into the whole "Go us!" in show choir and concert choir in high school but only for choir, not for the whole school. Same goes for college with our equine team. Not that I was on the team or even liked anyone on it, but it was 'my' thing.
    5. Thai food = amazeballs
    6. I can never get gifs to work in my posts even though I know how to put them in. 
    7. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

3. I've seriously contemplated becoming a surrogate. I know that it's tough and I know there is an emotional and physical toll that goes with it but there are so many people that can't host their own babies and I feel the need to help. DH doesn't think it's a good idea from an emotional standpoint.

I have a friend that has had 4 surro babies and loved every moment.  She would have had more but her body decided it was done.  If you ever wanted someone to talk to about it I am sure she would love to share her experiences!  I also have another friend that just had her first surro baby last week.
  • Options

I have a friend that has had 4 surro babies and loved every moment.  She would have had more but her body decided it was done.  If you ever wanted someone to talk to about it I am sure she would love to share her experiences!  I also have another friend that just had her first surro baby last week.
    That's kind of part of DH's worries and mine, too, I guess. We really want four kids and I'm not sure how my body would stand up to those other babies and then doing the surro thing afterward. I guess it'll just depend on where we are at that point.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @rondosa, now I want to know what show it was! :) 

I'll play. 

I also have my motorcycle license and haven't ridden in over a year.
    I can't stand creamsicles. Any combination of orange and vanilla will make me sick.
    I've had chickenpox
    I've had the measles
    I've been to Canada
    I've been to Mexico
    I've been to the Caribbean (but not much further than that :D)

That's seven, right?

Cfreymc said:
    John McCain is not my grandpa. The "mc" in my s/n is for his last name though. I don't think anyone on this board was born yet when he ran for president.
    @Cfreymc.. Hmmmm 1972? :D I was not born then. I think some of our mamas are in their 40s though! I still think this is very cool :D Your grandpa could have been POTUS!
  • Options
    etoille said:

I've seriously considered this too.  I think I'm just out of time though biologically speaking.  DH and I want two more and I am 33 in less than a month.  No one is going to want a 36-37 year old surrogate and I wouldn't want to do it until I was done having kids for the same reasons that they wouldn't want me as a first choice.
    She actually had one of her own in between.  She had sticky placenta issues after the last 2 surros...her story of manual placenta retrieval will scare anyone...She has a great relationship with the families and sees the kids a lot.  The first 3 she had were to the same parents. 
  • Options
    ramy3695 said:

EagleWife said:

@rondosa, now I want to know what show it was! :)

Me too!
    Err okay I am not telling you the name because seriously it is super embarrassing now...I don't know who that was on the show but it sure as hell wasn't me :D

I will say it was done by the Discovery Channel and it was an 8episode long competitive type show.

Seriously dudes...embarassing!! Something to show our kids one day tho I guess...haha
  • Options
    1.  Arachnophobia is real, and I have it.  Seriously.
    2.  Right when DH and I started dating, I got drunk and made out with my best girlfriend.  Oops.  She's still my bff, and he has no idea.  We are actually trying to set her up with DH's brother tomorrow night.
    3.  I regularly pick my nose.
    4.  I hate my birthday, always have.
    5.  I resent that i have to work and wish DH could make more money so I could be a SAHM
    6.  I have only ever drank a full beer once in my life.  Beer = yuck.  (Booze = Yum)
    7.  The street I grew up on was named after my family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    coco2787coco2787 member
    edited November 2013
    EagleWife said:

@Cfreymc.. Hmmmm 1972? :D I was not born then. I think some of our mamas are in their 40s though! I still think this is very cool :D Your grandpa could have been POTUS!

I think he would have been a pretty awesome prez. Definitely better than the other guy ;)

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    I'm terrified of seaweed and firefighters. I can sing opera. I love Charmed. The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie. I detest coffee. I have two tattoos. Mike n Ikes and star burst are my favorite candy. ETA because apparently I can't count.
    Will you still hang out with me?  DH is a volunteer firefighter.  I promise if he is around I won't let him wear his uniform/bunker gear. 
    haha I guess so. I really do have an irrational fear of the mask thing they wear though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options

@cfreymc - I sent you a creepster PM.

@maryannespier replied! ;)

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @elyse05 - I just want you to know that I *did* google Charlie Brandt and couldn't fall asleep for the longest time last night.  Serial killers terrify me.  :shudder:
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    1. My daughter has my mom's first name as her middle name. My son has her birthday. I was always her favorite, but this really let my siblings know they didn't stand a chance.
    2. My daughter is turning 3 on Sunday and it makes me sad to think about.
    3. I live on the same block as my brother. My sisters live across the street from each other. I live about 3 minutes from them.
    4. I keep lying to my twin sister about how much I want to be pregnant again hoping she'll decide to start trying.
    5. I have the same best friend since I was 12.
    6. I eat ice cream every single night once my daughter goes to bed. It's like a celebratory bowl I've earned.
    7. I love the movie Blow.
  • Options
    ljs4117 said:
    @elyse05 - I just want you to know that I *did* google Charlie Brandt and couldn't fall asleep for the longest time last night.  Serial killers terrify me.  :shudder:
    awww, I'm sorry! I can't watch any kind of serial killer movies anymore, or really any kind of horror movies that could happen IRL. And I used to LOVE scary movies. I can do zombies and cheesy alien movies, that's about it.
  • Options
  • Options
    1. I hate wearing underwear lol ...but. I still do. No idea why I would think about this first.
    2. I love classical music.
    3. I was the lead in my HS musicals. I played a great hooker "Charity" in Sweet Charity.
    4. I drive around to look for stray animals to rescue when I don't have weekend plans.
    5. I've been to almost every state in the US. I have a cool job.
    6. Sudoku is the most used app on my phone (after the bump)
    7. I still teach and take dance classes.

imageimageimage

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    1. I fear escalators.
    2. My favorite movie is Hot Fuzz.
    3. I've never had a piercing of any kind.
    4. I hate speakerphone.
    5. I really feel sad for those dealing with addiction or family struggling with it.
    6. I have a pair of hiking boots that I've worn to climb mountains on 3 continents and even though they're totally falling apart I don't want to get rid of them because they help me remember when I was young, adventurous, and carefree.
    7. I miss those days...even though I love lots about my life now.

Totally curious about @cfreymc, esp if it's that guy I think it is.
  • Options
    1. I've never eaten a steak in my life
    2. I own 2 pairs of Louboutins.
    3. I love Animals
    4. I'm an only child
    5. I'm 6 years older than my husband (roar)
    6. This is my 2nd marriage
    7. I'm obsessed with MAC cosmetics
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"