July 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY - 7 random facts

124»

Re: GTKY - 7 random facts

• Options
    1. I got an OWI when I was 23 (9 years ago) and I am thankful for it. It made me realize how stupid I was acting then. 
    2. I wish my boobs would stay this size forever. When not BF I am barely an A. 
    3. I was born in Walla Walla Washington
    4. I never consider ordering steak when out to eat, even at fancy restaurants. We have family that we buy beef from, so restaurant steaks don't even come close to ours. 
    5. I hate needles and can't look when I'm getting a shot or blood taken, yet I am in school for nursing. I'm hoping I get over it. 
    6. I have lived in 6 different states, all before the of age 12. 
    7. I almost drowned in two different boating accidents.. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I want 3 more kids
    2. I'm so scared of the dark, I have to have my feet covered and blankets all the way up to my shoulders and my hair has to be in a bun. (So there's nothing for the monsters to grab onto)
    3. My sister can't have children and I want to be her surrogate so bad when it comes time but I don't think she would want that.
    4. Having my LO has brought me closer with my family, esp. my dad
    5. My favorite dessert is cutout sugar cookies
    6. My freshman year in high school I got black out drunk during Halloween week and my friends took me to the hospital. I woke up wearing a "naughty nurse" costume. The nurse working told me that I was totally fine, to be more careful, and all of the nurses were jealous of my outfit.
    7. I'm jealous of people who have a good-sized freezer stash. I got excited today because now I have 12 oz.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1) I am married to a man 18 years older than me.
    2) I was born in the USSR
    3) my eyesight is horrendous and I can barely see without glasses/contacts
    4) I speak both Russian and English without an accent.
    5) I diet all week and cheat on fri nights and Saturdays
    6) I like Howard Stern
    7) I am a morning person.
  • Options
    Clyde013 said:
    1) I am married to a man 18 years older than me. 2) I was born in the USSR 3) my eyesight is horrendous and I can barely see without glasses/contacts 4) I speak both Russian and English without an accent. 5) I diet all week and cheat on fri nights and Saturdays 6) I like Howard Stern 7) I am a morning person.
    Same here, I'm getting lasik in the next couple of years. 

• Options
    I have two more...

8. Susan B. Anthony is my great great (not sure how many greats) aunt. 
    9. My dad is a nuclear chemist, teaches it and doesn't even have an associates degree. I also despise chemistry. 

• Options

Clyde013 said:

6) I like Howard Stern

I'm getting it as soon as I'm done BFing so next spring/summer sometime. Can't wait!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kaylakim said:

Clyde013 said:

6) I like Howard Stern

I'm getting it as soon as I'm done BFing so next spring/summer sometime. Can't wait!

Add me to club legally blind. I am totally squeamish about my eyes, though, so I'm not brave enough for LASIK.
  • Options
    1. I was an extra in the movie Walk
    The Line. You can see my face.
    2. I have wanted twins since I knew what they were. As long as I can remember! But never imagined I would actually get them.
    3. I prefer baths to showers. I keep the tub super clean.
    4. When I was 7 I got my pinkie stuck in the Q of an alphabet stencil ruler. I had to go to the ER to get it cut off (the ruler, not my finger).
    5. I hate cats.
    6. I really really like to look at houses. Old homes that have been renovated are my favorites. And I hate hate hate garage doors on the front of the house.
    7. I love candy. Sour candy is my favorite kind.
  • Options

@LauraC122 I can tie the cherry stem also and I always use Anestasia Beaverhousen as my alt. name. If you have a Chi town meet up Id fly up to be your friend :)
    @dani428 what is your job?
    @erika I'm so sorry... Drugs scare me, I'm glad DH and I made it out without scars but not all of our friends did and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
    @mermomo5 Hi \:D/

@citrusfamily -- my job...
    https://m.facebook.com/DaniellePCHPrizePatrol?id=183926781650727&refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/DaniellePCHPrizePatrol&_rdr

imageimageimage

• Options

@dani428 did you tell us this already. Maybe I knew that? So so cool. Does this mean I'm disqualified from ever winning? If so, forget I asked ;)

It's come up before. lol!!! You can still win --- my family can't... They hate me now. Jk

imageimageimage

• Options
    @ken&kendra and @mamasighs I would tell you if you guessed wrong ;)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited November 2013

<3's to all of you for sharing your beautiful selves!

1. I used to want to grow up to be a werewolf. So far, things haven't gone according to plan.

2. Even though I'm someone's mother, pay bills, own a home, and all of that adult good stuff, I have yet to look at myself in the mirror and see a "grown up". In my head, I'm still playing house.

3. I oftentimes find myself looking at my son, and am amazed that a jerk like myself is partially responsible for the creation and care of this fragile and amazing being. In that same vein, I also sometimes find myself wondering when his real parents are going to show up and let me off the hook. Looongest babysitting job EVARRRR! *eye roll*

4. At my SO's request for his birthday, I entered a singing competition, sang an Alicia Keys song, and won.

Hmmm....... what candid, but not too-lurid little gems about moi can I pull out of my bum now?

*Ahem* Oh! And....

5. I have no clue who I am, and right now, whoever I am, is telling their self that they're ok with that.

6. It really only hurts me, so I wish I didn't, but I suffer from a mean case of "Irish Alzheimers" (forget everything except for grudges). So if you've ever done me wrong, like, EVER, in the slightest, your name is probably still sitting there on my shitlist. Commence making contact with my local Buddhist temple.......now.

7. I think now I want to grow up to be a crazy (got that part covered), old lady surrounded by numerous animals, living in a creepy, old victorian filled with books, and a massive garden for a lawn.

*Edited cuz fuck you 'puter.

photo 4e45a05e-3ae9-47cc-8426-add6bb675340_zps983d487a.jpg
                photo d2dcf996-bfd5-4c24-9964-9fec17650083_zpsa207334b.png               

• Options
    emandia said:

I drive with no shoes.
    I talked to the Green River Killer a couple years before he was caught.
    I have two different socks on right now.
    I wear a 38" inseam and it's almost impossible to find jeans that fit.
    I got married at 21.
    I won't even kill a spider.
    I can't let wet hair touch my neck.

All of this talk of serial killers has me thinking about sociopathy and psychopathy. Statistically speaking, at least one of you on J13.... Dare I say it?

@emandia - I have to know. What did you guys talk about?

• Options

Myrrhaj said:
    I drive with no shoes. I talked to the Green River Killer a couple years before he was caught. I have two different socks on right now. I wear a 38" inseam and it's almost impossible to find jeans that fit. I got married at 21. I won't even kill a spider. I can't let wet hair touch my neck. All of this talk of serial killers has me thinking about sociopathy and psychopathy. Statistically speaking, at least one of you on J13.... Dare I say it? @emandia - I have to know. What did you guys talk about?
    lol!  God, I hope not! 

He and his wife actually came into my work.  I worked at a time-share place and I issued them a Reno trip as a thank you for coming in.  When I saw his picture on the news I recognized him immediately.  I went in to work and looked up his name.  Sure enough, I had had them back in my office!  Crazy and SO unsettling.
  • Options
    provwifeprovwife member
    edited November 2013
    I am a licensed cosmetologist
    I am a Bible-believing Christian
    I am a black belt in Taekwondo
    I got married at 20 years old
    I like hunting, fishing, shopping, learning new things, music, being with family and friend, road trips & coffee
    I come from a large family (One of five siblings, over 25 first cousins and 14 aunts and uncles, all of which live near by)
    I always have my hair dark burgundy

Edit: I can't count.
  • Options
    emandia said:

Myrrhaj said:

emandia said:

I drive with no shoes.
    I talked to the Green River Killer a couple years before he was caught.
    I have two different socks on right now.
    I wear a 38" inseam and it's almost impossible to find jeans that fit.
    I got married at 21.
    I won't even kill a spider.
    I can't let wet hair touch my neck.

All of this talk of serial killers has me thinking about sociopathy and psychopathy. Statistically speaking, at least one of you on J13.... Dare I say it?

@emandia - I have to know. What did you guys talk about?

lol!  God, I hope not! 

He and his wife actually came into my work. 
    I worked at a time-share place and I issued them a Reno trip as a thank you for coming
    in.  When I saw his picture on the news I recognized him immediately.  I
    went in to work and looked up his name.  Sure enough, I had had them back in my office!  Crazy and SO unsettling.

Thanks for sharing. Unsettling indeed!

• Options
    MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited November 2013

I cannot not multi-task. I have to be doing at least 2 things at all times, which I realize often means I am doing at least one of them not as well as I could be, but I can't stop.

I read all the time, in small bits, partly because of above multi-tasking issue. I read magazines in the bathroom while brushing my teeth, lotioning, on the pot, etc.  I have another magazine always going in the kitchen so that I can read while eating, etc.  I have a few baby/parenting books going on the nightstand at all times. I listen to books on CD in the car. I have another book next to the rocking chair for when I'm nursing.

I've been to over 20 countries for work and pleasure. I love to travel, love other cultures, and love other languages. I'm fluent and Spanish and pick up stuff in a handful of other languages. 

MH and I met playing soccer and we both still play (I'm on hiatus until LO sleeps better and isn't nursing).

I had ancestors on the Mayflower.

My father in law moved to this country as a boy, when his dad escaped a nazi concentration camp and fled with his family to NYC.

My name is an odd spelling and I am often mistaken for a man when it's misread (not when I'm present, I look like a female!)

(Edit: odd spelling, not old. Doh.)
    Likewise with ancestors on the Mayflower and my name. :)

• Options
    MyrrhajMyrrhaj member
    edited November 2013

@mainerocks We most likely are.The human family and all..... ;) Nice choice for a middle name! Since my SO is Jewish, in Jewish tradition, we chose from the Old Testament, and my son has been named in honor of deceased relatives. Ezra is from my side (my dear Grandmother who played a large role in raising me had a brother who died very tragically at a young age). His middle name is from SO's side. Now you have me curious. What inspired you to give your LO the middle name Ezra? And..... I'll pm you my "manly" name if you'll pm me yours. ;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"