September 2012 Moms
Options

UO

1235»

Re: UO

• Options
    8? Sweet. We have 2. There's also a group of drunk homeless guys that "live" at the far end of the lot.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    MH's friend had a guy break into his car and try to steal his radio WHILE HE WAS STANDING TWO FEET FROM IT. So. Yeah. ...just saying...

@SpoofLeJones, they think I'm making this ish up. El oh el.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What do you all do when you have to pump gas?!  And yes, I would imagine the paralyzing fear you must have in your daily life is excruciating.  I'm not saying you should go have coffee down the street while your kid naps, or let your kid hang out in the car while you get your weekly food shop in, but come on people. 
    Are you not standing right next to your vehicle to pump gas? I'm confused. I don't think anyone said they wouldn't leave the kid in the car if they parked right next to the return, right? Or maybe I'm not paying close enough attention to the conversation.
    The impression I was getting from Eastie was a "no way no how" regardless of how far the corral was.  I could be wrong.  Even walking a few spaces away falls under the same category to me, though, of "right there" so I'm probably a bad gauge on this one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

MH's friend had a guy break into his car and try to steal his radio WHILE HE WAS STANDING TWO FEET FROM IT.

So. Yeah.

...just saying...

• Options
    I'm surprised no one has brought this up regarding the great cart debate......

I find that it is much safer to get DD strapped in her carseat, in a car that is sheltered from the rain and wind, while I put the bags of groceries in the car and then take 7.3 seconds to return the cart... 

....than to.....

leave DD in the cart while I attempt to take bags out of the cart and put them in the car while simultaneously watching DD out of the corner of my eye because she is a little escape artist and likes to stand up in the seat of the cart, regardless of how tight the strap on the cart is.  And then walk the cart back to the cart corral with DD still in it while she freezes her little tush off because it is 40 degrees and raining out.  

Sorry grammar police that has to be a run on sentence or a fragment and I'm not re-wording it. And yes, I am well aware that it is not always 40 degrees and raining but in upstate NY we are headed into a good 6 month stretch of snowy, cold, blustery weather.  

• Options
    I don't judge people who walk two spaces to put the cart back with their kid in the car...but I've felt guilty and nervous the couple times I've done it.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jenmbott said:
    I'm surprised no one has brought this up regarding the great cart debate......

I find that it is much safer to get DD strapped in her carseat, in a car that is sheltered from the rain and wind, while I put the bags of groceries in the car and then take 7.3 seconds to return the cart... 

....than to.....

leave DD in the cart while I attempt to take bags out of the cart and put them in the car while simultaneously watching DD out of the corner of my eye because she is a little escape artist and likes to stand up in the seat of the cart, regardless of how tight the strap on the cart is.  And then walk the cart back to the cart corral with DD still in it while she freezes her little tush off because it is 40 degrees and raining out.  

Sorry grammar police that has to be a run on sentence or a fragment and I'm not re-wording it. And yes, I am well aware that it is not always 40 degrees and raining but in upstate NY we are headed into a good 6 month stretch of snowy, cold, blustery weather.  
    True story: when I was 3 I sustained a spiral fracture in my femur bone while riding in an empty cart. My brother was pushing it and the wheels snagged on something on the sidewalk. The cart tipped backwards (me facing the ground) and my leg was crushed under the weight of the cart and me. body cast... bone traction ... body cast... physical therapy, etc etc etc. Not awesome. 

So yeah, while I know my experience was atypical, I like to minimize my kid's time in the cart, especially when it's empty. I feel like putting her in her seat, locking the door and darting over to the cart corral is safer than having her in it, in the parking lot, while I'm unloading and then riding through the lot. The carts don't have brakes, there are cars driving around, etc.
  • Options
    Afunky6 said:
    Oooh, I thought of a good one. I don't like Charlie Brown. Charlie Brown Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.
    This is just wrong. The great pumpkin? The sad little tree? How can you not feel a kinship?!

• Options
    TheAnne said:
    What do you all do when you have to pump gas?!  And yes, I would imagine the paralyzing fear you must have in your daily life is excruciating.  I'm not saying you should go have coffee down the street while your kid naps, or let your kid hang out in the car while you get your weekly food shop in, but come on people. 
    Oregon FTW!

But really, we're on the same side, I just don't have to get out of the car to pump.
    --- I hate you. Pumping gas is the worst.
    I grew up in NJ where they also pump it for you. I'd honestly rather do it myself. It saves time and avoids some greasy dude leaning on my car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"