September 2012 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• February-April is the worst. Football is over and Baseball hasn't started.

March Madness Baby!
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • I think 95% of jobs listings that "require" Spanish fluency are fullofshit about that.  Seriously.  Was told I didn't qualify for a job I was otherwise OVERqualified for because I don't speak Spanish.  I did that exact job working with non-native speakers from DOZENS of countries.  I can do the job without effing speaking Spanish.

Not trying to make this a "learn English or GTFO" post because that isn't what I mean.  But FFS.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a Packers fan and around our parts we get so much shit for it from Bears fans. We're have all kinds of fans by us since we're close to the Lions, Packers, Vikings and Bears. My FB newsfeed blows up when the Packers play any of these teams. I'm all for a bit of trash talk but after a while it gets obnoxious! You need to be able to defend your team and admit defeat if they are sucking!

My UO: I agree with every single word of my post yesterday about "Why My Kids Aren't the Center of My World." She was so spot on and sums everything I was thinking. Is this even an UO?

• shiggybop said:
    The "hug it out" thread yesterday was far more annoying than the BOAB thread. especially because most of the people in the hug thread weren't in the BOAB thread to begin with. just stay out of it. lame.
    Meh I thought the aggressive not aggressive joking not joking thread was ridiculous and I needed somewhere to put my batman superman humping gif.
    well, I also just don't think you're funny. So that's part of it.
    OK, that was kind of unecessary

• football sucks.
    I'm sorry you are so wrong.
    rubber, glue, yada yada yada.

give me hockey any day.
    I used to hate football then when DH and I met he explained it to me and now I love it. I've grown up with hockey my entire life. My brother played from 3 years through HS and my dad was the coach of his teams the entire time. My winter weekends were spent at the rink. It's by far my favorite sport. What's your team? Red Wings here.

• I think college football players should not be eligible for the Heisman until at least their junior year.

Anniversary

• MrsKipper said:
    I think college football players should not be eligible for the Heisman until at least their junior year.

Why?

• MrsKipper said:

I think college football players should not be eligible for the Heisman until at least their junior year.

Why?

I think Johnny Manziel has done a great job of showing how kids one or two years out of high school that play one good season of football can't handle that attention well. Also, just because you have one great season doesn't mean you're an amazing player. I think the committee should look at a few seasons as a whole and not just hype up one true or red shirt freshman season.

Also, I'm annoyed by Jameis Winston. So there's that!

Anniversary

• Along the Packers/Vikings lines, I didn't know that there was a general Minnesota/Wisconsin "rivalry," so to speak, until I moved to MN. I hear people talk down about WI/people from WI all the time here, but I don't remember the hatred for Minnesotans when I was back home. Maybe it just depends on your circles.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh. And my husband whining about fantasy basketball is a million times more annoying than whining about fantasy football.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Along the Packers/Vikings lines, I didn't know that there was a general Minnesota/Wisconsin "rivalry," so to speak, until I moved to MN. I hear people talk down about WI/people from WI all the time here, but I don't remember the hatred for Minnesotans when I was back home. Maybe it just depends on your circles.
    I think there are rivalries between close bordering states often. I live in VA and hate on MD all the time. Partly because of sports, partly because I think the state sucks. ha

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I love Halloween and am sad I can't dress up at work. That would totally be unprofessional as a Consultant, but I miss the old days in my small insurance office when I could dress up and be totally ridiculous.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • edited October 2013
    MrsKipper said:

Why?
    I think Johnny Manziel has done a great job of showing how kids one or two years out of high school that play one good season of football can't handle that attention well. Also, just because you have one great season doesn't mean you're an amazing player. I think the committee should look at a few seasons as a whole and not just hype up one true or red shirt freshman season. Also, I'm annoyed by Jameis Winston. So there's that!
    I agree with that about Manziel (hate him), but Tebow, Bradford and Ingram all won as sophmores recently and they did fine with the attention.  I think Manziel is just a spoiled brat.
    That's because all MN sports teams blow. So WI doesn't have to hate them.

(I say that as a MN fan.)
    One thing that annoys me is that many of my friends that are Packers fans are Twins fans too. As someone who is loyal to all MN teams, no matter how much they blow, it bothers me when people pick and choose. Totally irrational I know, but it irks me. Those states that don't have teams get a pass to like whoever.
  • StasiStasi member
    edited October 2013

Along the Packers/Vikings lines, I didn't know that there was a general Minnesota/Wisconsin "rivalry," so to speak, until I moved to MN. I hear people talk down about WI/people from WI all the time here, but I don't remember the hatred for Minnesotans when I was back home. Maybe it just depends on your circles.
    I think there are rivalries between close bordering states often. I live in VA and hate on MD all the time. Partly because of sports, partly because I think the state sucks. ha
    FISHTABS = Fucking Illinois Shit Heads Towing a Boat. That's a favorite for Wisconsinites to yell at Illinoisans coming up to boat.

Edited

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• @delaine0821 you have a good point there!

Anniversary

• MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited October 2013
    I feel so bad for Tony Romo. He'll throw 300-400 yards in a game and they still lose in the last few minutes and it's automatically his fault. Guy can't catch a break!

Anniversary

• I think storytime under the age of 2 is dumb. Not the reading stories part, just the organizational part of storytime somewhere with rules and age guidelines.

Our one year olds' story time is pretty much a free for all. As long as the moms are paying attention and encouraging the kids to sing as much as possible, then the guy doesn't complain about the kids running around.

Anniversary

• Nancy's FOMO has been acting up over the last few days.  I know I shouldn't laugh at her when she's losing her baby marbles, but sometimes I can't help it.  I guess that's more of a FFFC.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Nancy's FOMO has been acting up over the last few days.  I know I shouldn't laugh at her when she's losing her baby marbles, but sometimes I can't help it.  I guess that's more of a FFFC.  

FOMO?
    Fear of Missing Out.
    She's 2nd generation FOMO.  I also used to have it really bad.  Now it's much more toned done. I still have flare ups from time to time but have gotten it mostly under control. 

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• MrsKipper said:

I feel so bad for Tony Romo. He'll throw 300-400 yards in a game and they still lose in the last few minutes and it's automatically his fault. Guy can't catch a break!
    Because he chokes. He throws INTs like it's his job in the 4th quarter.

Fair enough!

Anniversary

• Not an UO, I am sure- but if you are a stranger and my family is eating when my toddler starts to have a melt down- do not get involved by telling my toddler you are going to make him sit with you. If you see that we are getting up to exit the restaurant, BTFO and let me deal with my child- or possibly get a fork in your forehead. 
    Wait, someone said this to your kid?

I liked the guy in the Italian restaurant who offered DS wine and then laughed this creepy laugh and said, "Ha, you better not drink that or you'll go to jail." Jail, really? Talk about inappropriate convos for kids.

• edited October 2013
    melody921 said:
    Not an UO, I am sure- but if you are a stranger and my family is eating when my toddler starts to have a melt down- do not get involved by telling my toddler you are going to make him sit with you. If you see that we are getting up to exit the restaurant, BTFO and let me deal with my child- or possibly get a fork in your forehead. 
    Wait, someone said this to your kid?

I liked the guy in the Italian restaurant who offered DS wine and then laughed this creepy laugh and said, "Ha, you better not drink that or you'll go to jail." Jail, really? Talk about inappropriate convos for kids.
    I read this in my head and imagined said man as Ron** Burgundy. Some people are idiots. 

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• misspunky said:
    I am a Bears and Cubs fan.  I know they're not the best teams in the history of sports, but damnit I'm loyal.  What really pisses me off though is hearing Packers and Cardinals fans constantly bashing them.  I swear, they care more about their loss/win status than the fans do

I come from a Packers fan family and live in Chicago. The Bears fans I know talk way more sh!t about their own team (especially their quarterback) than the Packers fans I know talk sh!t about the Bears.
  • Stasi said:

Along the Packers/Vikings lines, I didn't know that there was a general Minnesota/Wisconsin "rivalry," so to speak, until I moved to MN. I hear people talk down about WI/people from WI all the time here, but I don't remember the hatred for Minnesotans when I was back home. Maybe it just depends on your circles.
    FISHTABS = Fucking Illinois Shit Heads Towing a Boat. That's a favorite for Wisconsinites to yell at Illinoisans coming up to boat.

Edited
    My sister and her husband are both Illinois to Wisconsin transplants. They were going to use our grandmother's name as their first daughter's middle name, but her initials would have been FIB (aka Flucking Illinois Bastard). Needless to say, they used something else.
  • I have another UO. I can't stand Barbara Walters and I have no idea why. She drives me batty!

• Pokedot said:
    I have another UO. I can't stand Barbara Walters and I have no idea why. She drives me batty!
    She bugs me, too.  I also think she's starting to lose it and get old-lady-batty.  I also had a dream the other night where I punched her.  But it was in context that made sense, I swear.
  • Plain text emails suck balls. If you email 50 questions, it's impossible for me to reply in a structured way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"