September 2013 Moms
Options

Decisions, Decisions????

Im 40w+2 days tomorrow is my dr appt an I guess we r going to talk about inducing but I really don't want to induce....My husband is telling me to induce bc his mom is in town til next Monday...Am I being selfish that I want her to come on her own???? I feel like his just more concerned about his mom that I need to have the baby soon bc she's leaving....They are both putting pressure on me to walk a lot & asking me throughout the day nothing yet? I still do all my chores cooking, cleaning and laundry last Friday was my last day of work...All I want to do is sleep now bc I get exhausted and want to rest to prepare for baby....They keep telling me go for a walk ughhh just had to vent out for a bit

Re: Decisions, Decisions????

• Options
    I definitely would not do an elective induction - baby will come when baby will come.  Induction for a valid medical reason is a different story.  Depending on your OB, they may start talking induction around 41 weeks, however some are comfortable going to 42 weeks.  IMO, after 41 weeks, the benefits of induction outweigh the risks.  A lot can happen in 5 days - hang in there momma!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww thank you that's what I keeping telling them when the baby is ready she will arrive...My Dr already told me no later then 42 weeks....Thanks I sure will hang in there ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope, I'd wait for sure.
  • Options
    Another vote to wait - trust your instincts.
  • Options
    You are not being selfish at all, you are being a sensible and responsible mother IMO.  The birth of a child should not be forced for the convenience of others.  Inductions come with risks that should only be taken when it is clear that it is necessary for the health of the mother and/or baby.  Your husband and his mom can deal with it, I"m sorry they are putting pressure on you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll also be 40w2d tomorrow. My OB and I discussed induction since I'm obviously over my due date. I want to wait for 41 weeks but not go to 42 weeks. I hope she comes on her own, but after 41 weeks, I think it's as PP said that the benefits of induction outweigh the risks. You don't want to go too early, but you also don't want to go too late.

Also agree that YOU are not being selfish. Your DH is being selfish, and your MIL is too if she is also pressuring you about this.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Omg I am in the same boat as you! Except my due date is Thursday and it's my mom that is in town until Monday. I was hoping he would come before she had to leave since she came out here specifically to see him. But I really do not want to be induced. I figure baby will come when he is ready and plus I want to have a med-free birth and I've heard that being induced makes labor more painful. So I am trying to avoid induction at all cost. But my husband keeps saying I should get induced so my mom can be here and I keep telling him we'll see. Luckily I've been having contractions on and off all weekend so I am hoping it will kick start something!
  • Options
    I would wait. And I would give my husband an earful for considering your moms presence over your birthing comfort. I would probably set an induction date for the latest date possible and then tell your MIL that's when it is. That is an upsetting position to be in, especially being influenced by your DH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If your body is telling you to rest, you should rest. Your body knows what it needs more than your husband or MIL do.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    your H sucks for pressuring you into this... no way I'd do it. Induction, for me, is only for medical reasons and because my doctor says to.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    No way in hell would I induce just for MIL's sake, and when they pressure you to walk you need to stand up for yourself and tell them to back the hell off. Plus if your body is not already favorable to induction (good dilation, effacement, head engaged, etc.) then it will likely either lead to a csection or a very long, painful process.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    There is no decision here IMO. I get that they are excited but they need to let you rest and leave the induction question to the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited September 2013
    You are absolutely NOT being selfish because you don't want to induce - and the fact that they're making you feel that was is absolutely absurd. I'm really sorry that this is even an issue. 

MIL should have waited to schedule her visit for after baby comes if that's really the only reason she's there. You do what you feel is right - not what your DH and MIL want. When your doctor brings it up, let him know (very firmly) that you don't want an induction unless it's medically necessary. If your DH and MIL have a problem with that, oh well. 

ETA: Over exerting yourself (which it sounds like you might be doing) could actually stall things. So, tell them to cook their own damn food. Sorry, OP. Please stand up for yourself. The way they're treating you right now isn't cool.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    auroraloo said:

If I were over my due date, I'd induce. But not because my MIL was in town. If my MIL were in town, I'd probably cross my legs.

Lol thanks....
  • Options
    abell77 said:

You are not being selfish at all, you are being a sensible and responsible mother IMO.  The birth of a child should not be forced for the convenience of others.  Inductions come with risks that should only be taken when it is clear that it is necessary for the health of the mother and/or baby.  Your husband and his mom can deal with it, I"m sorry they are putting pressure on you.

Thank so much now tomorrow I'm tell my dr not to induce unless its medical reason
  • Options
    redfallon said:

I'll also be 40w2d tomorrow. My OB and I discussed induction since I'm obviously over my due date. I want to wait for 41 weeks but not go to 42 weeks. I hope she comes on her own, but after 41 weeks, I think it's as PP said that the benefits of induction outweigh the risks. You don't want to go too early, but you also don't want to go too late.

Also agree that YOU are not being selfish. Your DH is being selfish, and your MIL is too if she is also pressuring you about this.

Yup that's what exactly I told him that his being selfish and just wants to do this for his mom...Which he should be on my side and explain to his mom when ever baby is ready she will arrive thanks once again
  • Options

Omg I am in the same boat as you! Except my due date is Thursday and it's my mom that is in town until Monday. I was hoping he would come before she had to leave since she came out here specifically to see him. But I really do not want to be induced. I figure baby will come when he is ready and plus I want to have a med-free birth and I've heard that being induced makes labor more painful. So I am trying to avoid induction at all cost. But my husband keeps saying I should get induced so my mom can be here and I keep telling him we'll see. Luckily I've been having contractions on and off all weekend so I am hoping it will kick start something!

Really that's crazy...Good luck to u and ur family
  • Options

I would wait. And I would give my husband an earful for considering your moms presence over your birthing comfort. I would probably set an induction date for the latest date possible and then tell your MIL that's when it is. That is an upsetting position to be in, especially being influenced by your DH.

Thanks and hopefully my dr will tell me to wait..Yes I was very upset when even told me that reason to induce!!!!!!
  • Options

your H sucks for pressuring you into this... no way I'd do it. Induction, for me, is only for medical reasons and because my doctor says to.

I agree with about induction!!!!!
  • Options

No way in hell would I induce just for MIL's sake, and when they pressure you to walk you need to stand up for yourself and tell them to back the hell off. Plus if your body is not already favorable to induction (good dilation, effacement, head engaged, etc.) then it will likely either lead to a csection or a very long, painful process.

Thanks from here on out I'm note eying them tell me anything this momma is exhausted

• Options

You are absolutely NOT being selfish because you don't want to induce - and the fact that they're making you feel that was is absolutely absurd. I'm really sorry that this is even an issue. 

MIL should have waited to schedule her visit for after baby comes if that's really the only reason she's there. You do what you feel is right - not what your DH and MIL want. When your doctor brings it up, let him know (very firmly) that you don't want an induction unless it's medically necessary. If your DH and MIL have a problem with that, oh well. 

ETA: Over exerting yourself (which it sounds like you might be doing) could actually stall things. So, tell them to cook their own damn food. Sorry, OP. Please stand up for yourself. The way they're treating you right now isn't cool.

Thank you and I'm going to leave it up to dr....Bc I want her to come on her own when my baby is ready...yeah not cool at all
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"