Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Loading the player...
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • amy052006 said:
    hlm184 said:
    I suppose I shouldn't mention the forum my husband is on where they discuss which diaper bags work best for carrying short barreled rifles, huh?

Tossing a gun randomly into any bag is Not Smart.

However, there are purses and diaper bags that are designed to safely hold a firearm.  So long as the bag is never left unattended, not a problem.
    And again, those of us with older, mobile children have explained to you at great length how there is absolutely no way you can make sure this will never happen on a playground.

Trust me, the first time your kiddo bolts towards the street, you will see.
    FTMs who are pregnant are the best moms in the world.
    And people who have little or no training with firearms are experts in firearm safety.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What? Where did I say that either either of us carried in a diaper bag? WTF? He carries on his person. So did I when I carried. After having my car broken into one night while he was at work, I seriously considered carrying again, but ultimately decided against it for now.

But if my husband gets photos sent to him of OUR kids by some jackass gang member, yeah, I will be CC every time I leave the house. To the grocery store. Playdates too. But if that was the case I would definitely tell the other parents and explain WHY, and explain my training and safety precautions and all of that and give them a chance to say 'no thanks.' A gun on my person is no more likely to go off than that of a police officer walking in a parade with his or her holstered weapon, but I get that many people have a real fear of guns. It would be a bummer, but I respect their feelings and would hope that they would at least respect me for making the choice that I felt best.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited August 2013
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • This is what I was trying to quote above. Forgive me, I took a long bump-cation.
    amy052006 said:

I don't carry regularly anymore, but I carried all of the time when I was a LEO. My husband is currently a LEO and he carries almost always and it doesn't bother me. Why?

We live near a major city. Much of the crime is committed here by hard core gang members. A bunch of the local departments put together a gang task force. One day, the head of the task force got a text message photo of his kid getting on (or off) the school bus. You better believe that most of the cops here, especially those with kids, carry off duty.

I would like to hope that LEO or former LEO are not fucking dumb enough to carry in a diaper bag -- however the stupidity of The Bump has proven me wrong.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• bkeane619bkeane619 member
    edited August 2013
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • hlm184 said:
    amy052006 said:
    hlm184 said:
    I suppose I shouldn't mention the forum my husband is on where they discuss which diaper bags work best for carrying short barreled rifles, huh?

Tossing a gun randomly into any bag is Not Smart.

However, there are purses and diaper bags that are designed to safely hold a firearm.  So long as the bag is never left unattended, not a problem.
    And again, those of us with older, mobile children have explained to you at great length how there is absolutely no way you can make sure this will never happen on a playground.

Trust me, the first time your kiddo bolts towards the street, you will see.
    FTMs who are pregnant are the best moms in the world.
    And people who have little or no training with firearms are experts in firearm safety.
    This is the funniest fucking thing I've read all day.  

You win one internet.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Or David Tennant. 

Whichever.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• bkeane619 said:

I'm out!

Finally! Damn!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Or David Tennant. 

Whichever.  

all of them. Damn it you know what I meant.
    I don't care what you call him as long as you don't call him ugly.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• J&NLJ&NL member
    Holy fuck balls, how is this thread still going? Welcome visitors.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Hahaha... someone said they're at Ft. Bragg?? Yea, you're okay doll.  Try going to Afghanistan a few times then talk to me about how unsafe you feel in North Carolina. 

To each his own though.  Carry a gun, don't.  Just make sure you know how to use it before you go lighting up a joint.

And i'm out. 

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• J&NLJ&NL member
    Hahaha... someone said they're at Ft. Bragg?? Yea, you're okay doll.  Try going to Afghanistan a few times then talk to me about how unsafe you feel in North Carolina. 

To each his own though.  Carry a gun, don't.  Just make sure you know how to use it before you go lighting up a joint.

And i'm out. 
    I'm not even going to entertain this. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • 40% of people in Louisiana blame Obama for Hurricane Katrina. Add them to the crazy list.
    (bush. you mean bush.)
  • amy052006 said:
    Mrs.Hizzo said:
    40% of people in Louisiana blame Obama for Hurricane Katrina. Add them to the crazy list.
    (bush. you mean bush.)
    No!  I just saw this too!  I need to scare up the article.

Ah. Just found it. My mistake, and my apologies, LL.
  • Mrs.Hizzo said:
    amy052006 said:
    Mrs.Hizzo said:
    40% of people in Louisiana blame Obama for Hurricane Katrina. Add them to the crazy list.
    (bush. you mean bush.)
    No!  I just saw this too!  I need to scare up the article.

Ah. Just found it. My mistake, and my apologies, LL.
    Um. What? This article is so asinine, I can't even handle that someone who can tie their shoes can actually entertain this nonsense. My first clue that this article should be flushed down the toilet with my dung? "Louisiana Republicans"...'nuff said.

And a cat gif...

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Not weighing in pro-gun or anti-gun, but, flawed logic in thinking that if you ban guns you will lower gun crime. Drugs are illegal. Drugs are everywhere.
  • amhah09 said:

Can someone explain to me how it can really protect you even in your house? That's a legitimate question. Because if you're a responsible gun owner shouldn't it be locked in a safe? Or stored separately than the bullets? That's what I've always understood. If someone gets into your house in the middle of the night when you are asleep by the time you wake up do you really have time to get to it? Wouldn't you be better off with an alarm system?

My thoughts exactly! Just a couple of months ago my parents were victims of a home invasion during the night. Luckily my dad woke up when the guy opened the front door and was able to scare him away before anything happened. Sure he went and got his hunting rifle after that but the next week they got an alarm system not more guns. But this is in Canada where apparently we have no crime and nobody but cops carry concealed weapons.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• melzh said:

Haha thanks! I am all for women carrying weapons. When you have childred you are usually destracted with getting them in or out of the car. It is a big red flag for criminals. When you are putting children into a car your back is to the parking lot, you are not aware of your surroundings.. if it is something you are comfy with I would definitely look into it.

Let me ask you a question. Say you're doing this, putting your kids in the car and you turn around and a man points a gun at you and says "give me your purse" or worse "get in the car and drive." What are you going to do and how is your gun going to help you?
  • hlm184 said:

homediva said:

As a Canadian this thread is blowing my mind. I honestly did not realize that moms carry guns in their day to day activities. Is this the norm? What percentage of moms would you guesstimate carry a gun through their daily activities?

I really hope the answer is not very many...although living in gun-happy TX, I guess you never know. For every person who carries / owns responsibly, there are many others who do so recklessly...which terrifies me WAY more than the chance I might be violently attacked.

No.  It's the other way 'round.  For everyone who is reckless, there are many more who are perfectly responsible.

Sorry, y'all, don't mean to fight but this is my subject.  I'm a firearms instructor and active second amendment proponent.  I do this day in and day out.
    -------------------------------

Meh. Agree to disagree.

After extensive research on the subject as a law clerk, I actually don't believe the 2nd amendment was designed to convey an individual right (as opposed to a collective one meant arm militias in case the federal government unduly attempted to take away citizens' rights), but now is probably not the time for a con law debate.
    Lurking from Jan 2014. Being in law myself, I concur here =D>

High-five, lurker friend! :-h
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"