3rd Trimester
Options

Do "real" contractions make it hard to breathe?

I have been having contractions for several day but nothing real regular yet.  Today my Dr swept my membranes and tonight I have had a few contractions that made it kind of hard to breathe.  I never felt any contractions with DD before they augmented them with pitocin (my water broke and I was contracting just fine but the nurses were pushy with the pit) so I really don't have much of a frame of reference. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Do "real" contractions make it hard to breathe?

• Options
    They can but so can BH. For me the contractions felt like a huge band wrapping around my body and bearing down. They definitely made me stop and take notice. When you feel them you think, "Oh! So these are labor contractions!" The timing is really what's key. If they are regular and getting more frequent and you can't calm them down by relaxing, it's go time! ;) GL
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    BH make it hard to breathe for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ohhhh yea...mine did. But they also had me in Pitocin so they were coming back to back in waves. You will know when they are real contractions...BELIEVE ME, they arent hard to miss.
    Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My contractions made me feel like someone was squeezing me very hard all the way around my middle. When I have BH it's hard for me to breathe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"