Re: Questions from a 1st Time Mom

• imagekelnyc:
    imagenola78:
    imageMegroons:
    imagenola78:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imagehaze1122:

I'm a first time mom, but not stupid. I know that it's " to throw your own baby shower. I just have questions because I'M A FIRST TIME MOM AND THIS IS MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!!! I want to make sure that everything is as close to perfect as it can be. I have people who are going to plan my shower, but I was asked for my input. I'm just not sure of a few things, and that was my purpose for asking.

YES.  Just yes.  I'm only to page two of this attraction but this is CLASSIC!  --->KLilley was here <----

You are so cute. I just want to pat you on your little head. 

I wish there was a like button

Yes  And I wish I had some popcorn. 

Do you think when she uses capital letters IT MEANS SHE'S YELLING AT US ?!?

I'M NOT SURE.  MAYBE SHE WILL LET US KNOW.  IN THE MEANTIME I'M GOING TO KEEP READING THIS IN A VERUCA SALT VOICE.

Ummm yeah. Somebody needs to grow the eff up and stop throwing a tantrum. Really? You won't like it if it's not exactly how you want it? I'm picky too and have anxiety about these things, but come on. I would NEVER tell someone who is throwing me a party how it should be done, Bratty Bratelstein.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• WOW is pretty much all I have to say in response to this whole thing.

Yes, please relax and step back from the shower business. Let the hostess(es) do all this. Focus your efforts elsewhere (registry, nursery planning, etc). If you expect a certain level of perfection in a baby shower you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehaze1122:

I wish that you broads would get the point of my original post and stop going left with it. If you see caps, yes it is because I'm yelling. I asked simple questions. I'm not asking anyone's personal opinion on anything else. If you don't like what I say, then get off my post.

All I am looking for is some simple answers, but everyone seems to want to nit pick and look too far into what I'm asking. If you don't like the questions, then don't answer. I'm not asking for all the unnecessary extra bs that everyone has to say. So once again, if you can't answer my questions then get off the post feed. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. This goes for you MoreThanCottonCandy, MrsDavesAFish, Megroons, Nola78, MandJS, and Mrs.S-S.

Public post/question = Public Opinion...when will posters learn this. If you don't want opinions, don't post anything on TB...Lots of folks have given you answers in as many words as possible...but you are stuck on one note--remember you "ASKED" for it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • WOW! When I was pg with ds (baby#1) I did NOT know the date, place it was, etc......it was a SURPRISE and it was so AWESOME! It was thrown by my family and it meant the world to me. I wouldn't have cared in the least if I had one....I was very grateful! With my dd (baby #2), my mom threw me a shower. she wanted to even though it was my second child. I again was not told ANYTHING but again it was awesome and very grateful for it! I am pg with #3 and don't expect anything (never had, never will!).

So with your questions, if they are asking for a date, go ahead and give them a couple suggestions. My showers were in my 7.5-8 months. I am sure the invites went out just a couple of weeks before the shower (but then again I did not know any of this). As for your other questions.....that is for your host to decide. My showers were at my grandparents house and my mom and dads house, family and friends made the food (nothing was ordered or catered).....it was like a big bbq/picnic. It was awesome!

As for everything being perfect, whatever. let me offer you a little bit of advice....NOTHING is ever PERFECT! You may expect them to be a certain way but 9 times out of 10 they don't go that way! I always refer back to a line my son came home from school that he learned (he was in kindergarten at the time....now in 2nd grade)......You get what you get and you don't get upset! Such a good life quote! what ever you are handed or given, learn to appreciate it and except it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can relate to feeling like you have to be somewhat part of the planning.  I found out I was pregnant and moved with my husband across the country the same month.  Now I live nowhere near family or friends and just happened to be coming home to be in my cousin's wedding for 2 weeks this summer. In my situation, I felt like I had to kind of tell everyone "Hey!  I'm gonna be home so if you wanted to get together for a shower this is my 2 weeks availability window.  If not, cool let's hang out anyways!"  I understand how this might come off as bratty, but at the same time if I wasn't able to have a shower while I was home very briefly, I wouldn't be having one at all.  I'm a first time mom too

Anyways to answer your questions-

1.  I don't think it matters how far along you are. If you are going to find out if it's a boy/girl and tell people, find out before your shower so you can get gender specific items.  Some people might want to buy you girl clothes rather than all greens and yellow for example.

2.  Venue is something you should let the host take care of.  If she's asking for help picking a place you can make suggestions but let her take care of reserving it and worrying about the dates it's available.

3.  I would say your host should send out invites 4-6 weeks in advance or the invites might get lost.

I understand your concern with making sure everything is perfect, but the party is truly a gift that you are getting from friends/relatives.  You are very blessed to have people in your life that love you and want to celebrate the birth of your child with you.  I totally understand the feeling of wanting to be really involved in it but it's best just to leave it up to them and let them handle it.  Good luck! 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LynballLynball member

imageShaiCie11:
    This is becoming disgusting. For everyone to be throwing around the fact the are in their 30's or FTM's everyone is acting like children. Two wrongs will never make a right, simple playground rules ladies. She is here for help if we don't want to help her ignore her. Don't stoop to her level claiming she will find help elsewhere that your yet planning to do the exact same thing you've done to her there. Let her feel like the fool her questions made her out to be and let it go. I come here for resources and a break from other childish sites. Please don't turn this into Baby-Gaga.. Please act your age. Go back to your normal boards.. This is ridiculous, making a new post to talk about what could be on the thread that is already focused on this... I tried to refrain from posting but this is idiotic. Quiet hinestly a baby shower is thrown by whoever wants to throw it. It isn't even meant for the mom. It is for the child so if she wants to throw her child a shower welcoming he/she to the world, WHY SHOULD THAT MATTER?? Grow up seriously. EVERYONE, even me for subjecting myself to this garbage.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LynballLynball member
    imagehaze1122:

I wish that you broads would get the point of my original post and stop going left with it. If you see caps, yes it is because I'm yelling. I asked simple questions. I'm not asking anyone's personal opinion on anything else. If you don't like what I say, then get off my post.

All I am looking for is some simple answers, but everyone seems to want to nit pick and look too far into what I'm asking. If you don't like the questions, then don't answer. I'm not asking for all the unnecessary extra bs that everyone has to say. So once again, if you can't answer my questions then get off the post feed. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. This goes for you MoreThanCottonCandy, MrsDavesAFish, Megroons, Nola78, MandJS, and Mrs.S-S.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My best advice is to get used to things not being perfect, and be grateful for people's generosity.
  • So I missed all the fun yesterday because I was in class... BOO!! So here is my raging b!tch opinion

For real - this is exactly what my "friend" who did throw herself a shower asked me after I planned my sisters......so it does totally sound like you are throwing yourself a shower. And if you are this anxious about a baby shower going perfectly I dont even want to begin to think about how you will act/react when your birth does not go according to your (what i can only assume is an) elaborate plan. You wont be happy unless its close to perfect? You sound spoiled rotten and need to get knocked the off your pedestal. Did you get handed everything in your life because you sound like those stuck up spoiled b!tches from those ridiculous sweet 16 party shows on MTV. And FYI you make yourself sound even more like an ungrateful b!tch the more you try to defend yourself.

With that said....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageMegroons:
    imagenola78:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imagehaze1122:

I'm a first time mom, but not stupid. I know that it's " to throw your own baby shower. I just have questions because I'M A FIRST TIME MOM AND THIS IS MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!!! I want to make sure that everything is as close to perfect as it can be. I have people who are going to plan my shower, but I was asked for my input. I'm just not sure of a few things, and that was my purpose for asking.

You are so cute. I just want to pat you on your little head. 

I wish there was a like button

Yes  And I wish I had some popcorn. 

Do you think when she uses capital letters IT MEANS SHE'S YELLING AT US ?!?

Yup. And stomping.

OP, grow up. When I had my son, I was also A FIRST TIME MOM AND IT WAS MY FIRST BABY SHOWER <stomp>. It was thrown for me by 3 generous friends. I did not once ask where they were having it, or impose myself on them during the planning process.

This has been rehashed several times here, but a shower is absolutely not something that you should be involved in planning. Your attitude is hilarious, especially the assertion that you just wanted to be sure it's what you want. <again, dies>

Who says that? This is beyond entertaining.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"