Questions from a 1st Time Mom

Re: Questions from a 1st Time Mom

• imagePunkyBooster:
    I see a DD coming in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Hahaha 

Glad I'm not planning her shower! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehaze1122:

I wish that you broads would get the point of my original post and stop going left with it. If you see caps, yes it is because I'm yelling. I asked simple questions. I'm not asking anyone's personal opinion on anything else. If you don't like what I say, then get off my post.

All I am looking for is some simple answers, but everyone seems to want to nit pick and look too far into what I'm asking. If you don't like the questions, then don't answer. I'm not asking for all the unnecessary extra bs that everyone has to say. So once again, if you can't answer my questions then get off the post feed. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. This goes for you MoreThanCottonCandy, MrsDavesAFish, Megroons, Nola78, MandJS, and Mrs.S-S.

I'm popular today! Earlier I was told by someone to stop lurking the 1st tri board because it was "not needed"! What a great day I'm having Big Smile

Cooper Edward

• Loading the player...
  • imagehaze1122:

I wish that you broads would get the point of my original post and stop going left with it. If you see caps, yes it is because I'm yelling. I asked simple questions. I'm not asking anyone's personal opinion on anything else. If you don't like what I say, then get off my post.

All I am looking for is some simple answers, but everyone seems to want to nit pick and look too far into what I'm asking. If you don't like the questions, then don't answer. I'm not asking for all the unnecessary extra bs that everyone has to say. So once again, if you can't answer my questions then get off the post feed. Otherwise keep your opinions to yourself. This goes for you MoreThanCottonCandy, MrsDavesAFish, Megroons, Nola78, MandJS, and Mrs.S-S.

Ohh...yeah...this is the internet and we don't have to do that! Just as you can sit there and yell at everyone, we can answer any damn post we want to.

Your questions cannot be answered because they are irrelavant. You do not get to decide ANY of these things; for the 20th time - the host gets to decide - and all your get to do is show up. So, unless you are indeed throwing your own shower (which at this point I am guessing you are - for serious HAS anyone offered?) then do us all a favor and shut.the.hell.up.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is becoming disgusting. For everyone to be throwing around the fact the are in their 30's or FTM's everyone is acting like children. Two wrongs will never make a right, simple playground rules ladies. She is here for help if we don't want to help her ignore her. Don't stoop to her level claiming she will find help elsewhere that your yet planning to do the exact same thing you've done to her there. Let her feel like the fool her questions made her out to be and let it go. I come here for resources and a break from other childish sites. Please don't turn this into Baby-Gaga.. Please act your age. Go back to your normal boards.. This is ridiculous, making a new post to talk about what could be on the thread that is already focused on this... I tried to refrain from posting but this is idiotic. Quiet hinestly a baby shower is thrown by whoever wants to throw it. It isn't even meant for the mom. It is for the child so if she wants to throw her child a shower welcoming he/she to the world, WHY SHOULD THAT MATTER?? Grow up seriously. EVERYONE, even me for subjecting myself to this garbage.
    Married my soul mate 11-11-11
    Had DD on her EDD 11-04-12
    Natural M/C @5w6d EDD 10-16-14
    Pregnant with Tiny 2.0 EDD 01-06-15

• imagenola78:
    imageMegroons:
    imagenola78:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imagehaze1122:

I'm a first time mom, but not stupid. I know that it's " to throw your own baby shower. I just have questions because I'M A FIRST TIME MOM AND THIS IS MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!!! I want to make sure that everything is as close to perfect as it can be. I have people who are going to plan my shower, but I was asked for my input. I'm just not sure of a few things, and that was my purpose for asking.

You are so cute. I just want to pat you on your little head. 

I wish there was a like button

Yes  And I wish I had some popcorn. 

Do you think when she uses capital letters IT MEANS SHE'S YELLING AT US ?!?

I'M NOT SURE.  MAYBE SHE WILL LET US KNOW.  IN THE MEANTIME I'M GOING TO KEEP READING THIS IN A VERUCA SALT VOICE.

OMG I'm dying laughing right now!... "Snozberries!? Who's ever heard of a Snozberry??"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageShaiCie11:
    This is becoming disgusting. For everyone to be throwing around the fact the are in their 30's or FTM's everyone is acting like children. Two wrongs will never make a right, simple playground rules ladies. She is here for help if we don't want to help her ignore her. Don't stoop to her level claiming she will find help elsewhere that your yet planning to do the exact same thing you've done to her there. Let her feel like the fool her questions made her out to be and let it go. I come here for resources and a break from other childish sites. Please don't turn this into Baby-Gaga.. Please act your age. Go back to your normal boards.. This is ridiculous, making a new post to talk about what could be on the thread that is already focused on this... I tried to refrain from posting but this is idiotic. Quiet hinestly a baby shower is thrown by whoever wants to throw it. It isn't even meant for the mom. It is for the child so if she wants to throw her child a shower welcoming he/she to the world, WHY SHOULD THAT MATTER?? Grow up seriously. EVERYONE, even me for subjecting myself to this garbage.

Who died and made you hall monitor?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepugznploons:
    since your questions are baby shower related I recommend you post this on the Baby Shower board, you will get helpful information and advice there. 

oh yes, please do this! I'll be waiting for their expert advice to you.  

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepugznploons:
    since your questions are baby shower related I recommend you post this on the Baby Shower board, you will get helpful information and advice there. 
    I also recommend that you call them "broads" too.
  • imageShaiCie11:
    This is becoming disgusting. For everyone to be throwing around the fact the are in their 30's or FTM's everyone is acting like children. Two wrongs will never make a right, simple playground rules ladies. She is here for help if we don't want to help her ignore her. Don't stoop to her level claiming she will find help elsewhere that your yet planning to do the exact same thing you've done to her there. Let her feel like the fool her questions made her out to be and let it go. I come here for resources and a break from other childish sites. Please don't turn this into Baby-Gaga.. Please act your age. Go back to your normal boards.. This is ridiculous, making a new post to talk about what could be on the thread that is already focused on this... I tried to refrain from posting but this is idiotic. Quiet hinestly a baby shower is thrown by whoever wants to throw it. It isn't even meant for the mom. It is for the child so if she wants to throw her child a shower welcoming he/she to the world, WHY SHOULD THAT MATTER?? Grow up seriously. EVERYONE, even me for subjecting myself to this garbage.

um, ACKSHULLY, the shower is for the mom. the baby doesn't care what stroller it gets or if the clothes are cute. everything obtained at a baby shower is convenient for the mom-to-be. all a baby needs is a place to sleep and a boob/bottle to eat from.  

TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenola78:
    imageMegroons:
    imagenola78:
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imagehaze1122:

I'm a first time mom, but not stupid. I know that it's " to throw your own baby shower. I just have questions because I'M A FIRST TIME MOM AND THIS IS MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!!! I want to make sure that everything is as close to perfect as it can be. I have people who are going to plan my shower, but I was asked for my input. I'm just not sure of a few things, and that was my purpose for asking.

You are so cute. I just want to pat you on your little head. 

I wish there was a like button

Yes  And I wish I had some popcorn. 

Do you think when she uses capital letters IT MEANS SHE'S YELLING AT US ?!?

I'M NOT SURE.  MAYBE SHE WILL LET US KNOW.  IN THE MEANTIME I'M GOING TO KEEP READING THIS IN A VERUCA SALT VOICE.

HAHA!  Literally just shot water out of my nose! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • While this thread has given me quite a laugh and I tend to agree with the others, I will offer you some words that have really helped me in life-

By wanting it to be perfect you're setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. You will only drive yourself crazy with worrying.  I am sure you are SO super excited to be having a baby and to have a baby shower, I know I am. I have no idea if I am going to be thrown a shower, I have honestly barely think about it.

What if you just trusted your friends to do something great for you?  

Don't worry so much about the timing. You have plenty of time and some of life's best events are thrown together. My husband and I threw our wedding together in about 3 hours and it was perfect. It was my second wedding and infinitely better than the year-long planned, vera wang, embossed invitation wedding I had the first go.

Life is so much easier and more fun if we just go with the flow. 

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageShaiCie11:

The same person that put you back in high school. Grow up idiot. 

• imageShaiCie11:
    imagemorethancottoncandy:

imageShaiCie11:

Really?? Calling someone an idiot?? That is totally unnecessary and uncalled for. Who's the one back in high school?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMelRC117:
    imageShaiCie11:

imageShaiCie11:

You are telling people to grow up and then you call someone an idiot.  WOW you are a real gem of a person aren't you?  And your pic looks like YOU are in high school.  Nice for calling people who disagree with OP stupid.  You're a raging biatch.  And I'm going for my Masters degree and graduated with my class with a darn good GPA so don't even say you held me back.

"and another one bites the dust." l'll be the Biatch then cause you look like an idiot also, Jealous because I can look young. Sorry, sucks to be old you I guess. You also need to grow up. If you have time to see what I look like have time to stand up for what is right not what is easy! Use your degree to stand out not blend in.

• imageMandeeFoFandee:

imageShaiCie11:

um, ACKSHULLY, the shower is for the mom. the baby doesn't care what stroller it gets or if the clothes are cute. everything obtained at a baby shower is convenient for the mom-to-be. all a baby needs is a place to sleep and a boob/bottle to eat from.  

No, but I doubt mom is going to crawl in the little tub to clean up, or wrap herself in the plush blankets made by granny. It is a benefit for her child.. If she wants the stresss of planning her choice. her baby. 

imageShaiCie11:

imageShaiCie11:

Do you frequently make as little sense as possible?  Seriously, your post reads like a 5th grader wrote it.  Furthermore, this is a public message board so when you post here, you open yourself up to opinions you might not like.  It's always a good idea to lurk first and get a feel for the boards before posting.  If you did that, you would know that the "you all are a bunch of immature, meaner meanie-meanieheads, etc. and so forth" don't go over very well here.  Also, you came here and told everyone to "play nice" and yet here you are, name-calling like a child.  That said, fuuuuck off.

• 1.  Anytime before like 35 weeks is usually best

2. & 3.  Once the date is settled, back off.  Let your friends "shower" your baby

On a side note, please chill out.  I know you are a FTM and you want everything to be perfect, but babies aren't "perfect" so get used to things not going exactly as planned.  Enjoy your pregnancy and be thankful for your shower - don't sweat the small stuff because in the grand scheme, it's not worth it. 

It really is JUST a shower...not the #1 most important day in your life (or even #50).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemrsbhk22:

1.  Anytime before like 35 weeks is usually best

2. & 3.  Once the date is settled, back off.  Let your friends "shower" your baby

On a side note, please chill out.  I know you are a FTM and you want everything to be perfect, but babies aren't "perfect" so get used to things not going exactly as planned.  Enjoy your pregnancy and be thankful for your shower - don't sweat the small stuff because in the grand scheme, it's not worth it. 

It really is JUST a shower...not the #1 most important day in your life (or even #50).

This is an amazing response. At least some woman can stand above all the rest and shine! I enjoys polite posters =) 

•  

That said, ** off. Morethencottoncandy

• imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

This is an amazing response. At least some woman can stand above all the rest and shine! I enjoys polite posters =) 

What's with the f***ing signature?  You missed some badges.

imageShaiCie11:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just pissed myself!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but we all need a lil drama once and a while..I can't believe how selfish this b!tch is being about a baby shower (that she isn't planning-say that with a whisper). I'd hate to be you're frickin friend HAHAHAHAHA

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

A ringing endorsement from the village idiot.  Confused

• imageCranang:
    imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

Hall monitor badge? 

• imagehaze1122:

Good day ladies,

I have a few questions, and I'm hoping some of you can give me some insight. I am in the beginning of my 13th week of pregnancy, and part of me feels I am moving to fast, but the other part of me just wants to be prepared. So here are some questions that I am hoping some of you can answer.

1. When is a good time to have a baby shower? I've seen some women say between 28-35 weeks. I am planning on either my 29th week or my 31 week. Any suggestions?

2. How soon is it to start looking for a venue for a baby shower? I want to start looking now just so that I can get a better idea of pricing, but some people are saying that I should wait. I just don't want to wait until the last minute and cannot reserve for the time that I am looking for.

3. How soon in advance is too soon to send invites for a baby shower? I was thinking of sending them at least 2 months in advance so that everyone can RSVP at least 1 month in advance. I want to be able to provide as close to an accurate number of people to my caterer to be sure that everyone can have a plate, or two.

I know that I am problably way ahead of myself with all of this thinking, but I just want to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Again, all of your responses are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Hazel

Dear Hazel,

You should totally post this over on the Baby Showers board.  We would love to give you some polite, useful advice on how to make sure your day is absolutely PERFECT!!  Nothing is more special than a baby shower...it's truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Love,
    Angela

imageCranang:
    imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

Hall monitor badge? 

• imageCranang:
    imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

For reals!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1 member

imageShaiCie11:

Are you new to the internet or do you just like defending people that ask for opinions, don't like other people's opinions so starts yelling and calling people names? And the OP doesn't really sound like she thinks this baby shower is for her baby.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imageMandJS:
    imageCranang:
    imagehaze1122:

Good day ladies,

I have a few questions, and I'm hoping some of you can give me some insight. I am in the beginning of my 13th week of pregnancy, and part of me feels I am moving to fast, but the other part of me just wants to be prepared. So here are some questions that I am hoping some of you can answer.

1. When is a good time to have a baby shower? I've seen some women say between 28-35 weeks. I am planning on either my 29th week or my 31 week. Any suggestions?

2. How soon is it to start looking for a venue for a baby shower? I want to start looking now just so that I can get a better idea of pricing, but some people are saying that I should wait. I just don't want to wait until the last minute and cannot reserve for the time that I am looking for.

3. How soon in advance is too soon to send invites for a baby shower? I was thinking of sending them at least 2 months in advance so that everyone can RSVP at least 1 month in advance. I want to be able to provide as close to an accurate number of people to my caterer to be sure that everyone can have a plate, or two.

I know that I am problably way ahead of myself with all of this thinking, but I just want to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Again, all of your responses are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Hazel

Dear Hazel,

You should totally post this over on the Baby Showers board.  We would love to give you some polite, useful advice on how to make sure your day is absolutely PERFECT!!  Nothing is more special than a baby shower...it's truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Love,
    Angela

And there it is. The post that made me actually bust out laughing. I'd been wondering where you were, cranang. Wink 

I had to be alerted!!  A gem like this buried in 2nd trimester....such a shame!

• Oh, that was fun! Huge thanks to OP and our new 2nd tri sheriff for the afternoon's entertainment. I'll look for both of your GBCBs soon!
    BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageShaiCie11:

*sigh*

There's always one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• imageShaiCie11:
    imageMandeeFoFandee:

imageShaiCie11:

No, but I doubt mom is going to crawl in the little tub to clean up, or wrap herself in the plush blankets made by granny. It is a benefit for her child.. If she wants the stresss of planning her choice. her baby. 

What a twit.  Thankfullly people like you get weeded out fairly quickly.  You're good for a fun thread and then you'll leave. 

imageCranang:
    imageShaiCie11:
    imagemrsbhk22:

Hall monitor badge? 

Enabler!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Remembering my angel baby, Ezekiel, 09/03/2011...you will forever be in my heart.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

• bump burp

• imagehaze1122:
    Well, I guess I should've indicated that I'm not throwing my own shower. I just feel that I have to be involved in some aspect because if it's not close to what I want I will not be happy. And I don't want to seem ungrateful. I don't know. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, and need to sit back and relax.

But you are ungrateful "if it's not close to what I want I will not be happy." A shower is a gift from friends/family not an expectation from a mom-to-be. Be grateful you have people who want to throw you a shower---perfection is an illusion that we seek because we are so unhappy with ourselves. Just let go and let these people celebrate you and your LO versus trying to direct everything and ruining the celebration. 

SIT BACK, RELAX AND ENJOY THE GENEROSITY OF OTHERS! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSookieFrackhouse68:

imageShaiCie11:

I picture her like this dude.

This is awesome!!!!!!!! 

• You ladies have made my day. Thanks OP for this jewel. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"