Adoption

Matched and excited/nervous...

We've been waiting with our agency for nearly a year. Just now filling out papers to renew and we got THE CALL on Thursday. Birth mom chose and is due next month. There is some legal risk with the 2 potential birth fathers but we are all in. We meet tomorrow and I'm SOO nervous. This is our 2nd adoption but already so different than our first.

We are very familiar with the undpredictability of the outcome of being matched. Our son's birth parents changed their mind the day after he was born and we had been matched with them for 6 months. Thankfully they changed their minds again when he was 7 days old and TPRs were signed. We are over the moon about him and can't wait to give him a brother or sister.

Good thoughts/prayers for us this next month? Thanks guys!! 

Declan 8.25.08
Lincoln 3.18.11
Brooks 7.7.12

Re: Matched and excited/nervous...

• Oh yeah: we are not telling anyone but family (and of course the interwebs here on this site) so please don't comment on my blog. ;) Thanks!
    Declan 8.25.08
    Lincoln 3.18.11
    Brooks 7.7.12

• Congratulations!!!!  I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the meeting tomorrow!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CheleChele member
    Congrats and much luck!
    10/27/07
  • Congrats!!  Best wishes and will keep FX that everything goes smoothly!
    DX: Severe MFI (very low motility) in 2006. 2 IVF's and 1 FET ended in 3 losses. Adopted our baby girl born 10/2/10. FET March 2012= c/p. Officially done with fertIlity treatments. Plan to start adoption process again 2014/2015.
  • imageStace26:
    Congrats!!  Best wishes and will keep FX that everything goes smoothly!
    this. gl
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Meeting went great. Look forward to building a relationship with EM and her parents. We are having them over this weekend as well as both sets of our parents. Baby is due 4.26 we found out. Eeek! So excited. Also, it's a GIRL (I bawled when they told us). Let the nursery designing begin... :)
    Declan 8.25.08
    Lincoln 3.18.11
    Brooks 7.7.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"