Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

preparing for child birth

Since we've been ttc I've become more worried about the actual birth experience. I know it's probably a while away since I'm not pregnant yet but the idea of all that stretching and tearing freaks me out. I've heard of some women trying to gradually loosen things up down there using toys and eventually fisting. DH and I had started this a little while ago but it seems to be taking forever to even notice any type of change. Is anyone else trying to prepare for birth already? If you are what are you doing so far?

Best day of my life imgwedding Love my family! img

Re: preparing for child birth

• Options
    In all seriousness, though.  The best thing you can do to prepare down there for childbirth is kegels.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Whoooooah, what??  Fisting?  

Check into perineal massage, but seriously, you don't need to do anything while you're just TTC'ing.  Cripes...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Having been there and done that, once you are in labor tearing/crowning/pushing/pooping is the last thing you really think about.  You just want baby out and happy and healthy.  I delivered med-free and crowning was not the most painful part.  The most painful part were the contractions during transition (going from 7-10cm).  I tore, too (1st degree, so not too bad).

• Options
    Wow. 
  • Options

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow. This is really special...

• Options
    Wow this could be better than the creampie post. I really really hope this is a joke. I do not plan on getting my DH involved at this level.

• Options
    imageatlb:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This. OP, you're a special kind of speshul. GL with the fisting! 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagerrcraz7:
    Totally. Started years ago to be sure it was all good when the time came. Labor and delivery was a breeze. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. Keep at it you'll get there!
    How long did you have to work at it before you noticed a give? I'm a little worried that if we do it too quickly things won't be the same during sex. Did YH notice a difference? Also after birth will it tighten back up?
  • Options
    imageatlb:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.

My Little
  • Options
    imageMeow84:
    imageMySweetBaboo:
    imageatlb:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.

My crotch hurts after reading all this

I want to know whose idea it was to fist?

My Little
  • Options
    This post has made my friday. Thank you.
    But in all seriousness, you don't need to mess around down there. If you tear, you tear. You won't feel it when it happens. Speaking as someone who had a second degree tear, I can tell you it's all back to normal now. I was super freaked about the possibility when I was pregnant so I understand your fear, but shoving objects up there or marinating it in olive oil isn't going to help.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Always Sunny's back b-tches!

• Options
    imagedirthvader:

Since we've been ttc I've become more worried about the actual birth experience. I know it's probably a while away since I'm not pregnant yet but the idea of all that stretching and tearing freaks me out. I've heard of some women trying to gradually loosen things up down there using toys and eventually fisting. DH and I had started this a little while ago but it seems to be taking forever to even notice any type of change. Is anyone else trying to prepare for birth already? If you are what are you doing so far?

imageimage" mce_src="image">

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagerrcraz7:

imagedirthvader:
    imagerrcraz7:
    Totally. Started years ago to be sure it was all good when the time came. Labor and delivery was a breeze. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. Keep at it you'll get there!
    How long did you have to work at it before you noticed a give? I'm a little worried that if we do it too quickly things won't be the same during sex. Did YH notice a difference? Also after birth will it tighten back up?

It took a solid 6 mo of everyday stretching for me to notice that it was staying flappy. Unfortunately the price you pay to have the baby out so easily is sex and tampons. You can't really think stretching your vag to fit a baby will still accommodate your husbands peen or a tube of cotton! Come on girl use your head. Be devoted. It's worth it.  

LMFAO!!!!!

My Little
  • Options

I'm not asking this as a joke. DH and I have talked about this often. I've read about massage and other techniques to stretch so I will be better prepared when the time comes. I do not want any tearing that will result in stitches.

• Options
    imagerrcraz7:

imagedirthvader:
    imagerrcraz7:

It took a solid 6 mo of everyday stretching for me to notice that it was staying flappy. Unfortunately the price you pay to have the baby out so easily is sex and tampons. You can't really think stretching your vag to fit a baby will still accommodate your husbands peen or a tube of cotton! Come on girl use your head. Be devoted. It's worth it.  

lol i'm dying at flappy!

Plus, haven't you heard that the second labor is always faster? That's because you're so flappy that the baby just falls out.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• Options

I have no words.  Fisting. Seriously? 

Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Options

I'm assuming this is some sort of joke, but am answering just in case.

Like a pp said the best thing to do is kegels.  No other preparation is needed.  Your body knows what to do and will do it.  The best thing to do to avoid unnecessary tearing is do not have an episotomy and push only when you have the urge, not on command.  Don't push just because you're 10 cm and the doctor says it's time.  Your body will know when it's time, especially if you don't use any sort of numbing medication.  Push with control and let the baby stretch you as it comes down and out. 

My babies were big (9lbs 10 oz and 10lbs).  I had an epidural with my first which resulted in 3 hours of pushing and an episotomy that caused a partial 4th degree tear.  My second (and biggest baby) was med-free.  Pushing was about 10 or 15 minutes with no episotomy or tearing.

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    imagedirthvader:

I'm not asking this as a joke. DH and I have talked about this often. I've read about massage and other techniques to stretch so I will be better prepared when the time comes. I do not want any tearing that will result in stitches.

Did you return those expired OPK's to a store after buying them off ebay?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:

Dude...seriously.  Tearing is not the end of the world and most women do...no matter what they do to prepare.

• Options
    rrcraz7- Do you mind if I messaged you? I would really like to ask a few questions, I know this whole thing is sort of personal so I don't know if you would be comfortable answering here.
  • Options
    imageargonne:
    imagedirthvader:

Dude...seriously.  Tearing is not the end of the world and most women do...no matter what they do to prepare.

This.  It's not that big of a deal.  Just wait until AFTER you deliver.  Then the fun really starts. 

• Options
    imagemagdalina.h:
    imagedirthvader:

Did you return those expired OPK's to a store after buying them off ebay?

You remember that? Wow lol it seems so long ago. No,I decided to just keep them. I ended up finding online that you can see use them for a bit after the expire date. They seem to be working fine, I just sometimes double check with some cheapy opks.
  • Options

imagedirthvader:
    rrcraz7- Do you mind if I messaged you? I would really like to ask a few questions, I know this whole thing is sort of personal so I don't know if you would be comfortable answering here.

Dude, your vag will tear if it needs to regardless of what you do to prepare for birth.  Unless you can fit a grapefruit up there without any issues (other than your DH's peen no longer fitting b/c it's too roomy in there) your vag will stretch.  

Perineal massage is what your dr should do while you are pushing and than can help reduce tearing.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So having your 'DS' didn't do it for you enough? It's naughty to lie about having a child already.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/56265574.aspx

It's the last post on the thread.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

LMAO!!! OMG I'm crying!!! MM you are awesome! *heart*

• Options

imagedirthvader:

I'm sure she would love for you to PM her. Maybe she will even give you a picture tutorial!

• Options
    imageoOSoreVagOo:

Darth,

This is your vag. Please stop having your husband fist me. It hurts.
    How would you like being punched in the face over and over again?

TIA,

Your Vag

It returns!!!! Beer

• Options

imagedirthvader:

You can. I'm an open book though (no pun intended) so ask away. No shame in my game.  

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"