Maine Babies
Options

RE's?

Does anyone know of any good RE's in the central maine area? I have been to Coastal Women's in Portland.. and honestly, she refused to work with me until I lost weight to TTC. I've lost weight (not as much as I should but I am working on it!) and she still says weight is the number one thing I need to work on before TTC.

My dx is PCOS, amenorrhea, and hx of DVTs so I know seeing a RE is my best bet! Heck, even a really good OB/GYN that would be willing to go over clomid etc would be fantastic!

Re: RE's?

• Options
    I love you SIS in law!! Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

RE = Reproductive Endocrinologist? I think there's a great endocrinology practice right down the road from Coastal Women's in Scarborough... 

PCOS?  

+ OPK July 6, 2011 IUI with anonymous donor sperm July 7, 2011 BFP July 21, 2011 Baby Girl Harper born via emergency C-section 3/22/12!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not Central Maine, but an alternative that might be a better experience for you is Dr. Daniel Spratt with Maine Medical Partners (across from Maine Medical Center in Portland).  He is absolutely great!  He has a great way of instilling hope and his nurses are very responsive and are constantly communicating with patients. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

RE = reproductive endocrinologist :)

I've been to Coastal and really had mixed feelings there. She didn't want to look at me as a whole person, rather a simple condition of PCOS. It was frustrating to say the least. At least she did find that I have no evidence of pre cancerous cells and my uterus is healthy, but still.. was kind of a bummer!

--I will check the other place out in Portland! I like when the doctor and nursing staff work as a unit to treat. I have a few other underlying issues that will need to be addressed.. IVF/IUI really are not an option as I can't take hormonal stimulants so I hope a doctor will be able to help me figure out my body!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"