North Carolina Babies
Options

nbr: sheets?

Where do you buy your sheets? How much are they? Thread count?

How often do you throw away and buy new sheets?

We have had our sheets for 3 years now, since our wedding showers. They need to GO. Ours were from BBB and I loved them. Can't really afford $60+ sheets (queen) though. Any help?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: nbr: sheets?

• Options
    I usually find sheets at Kohl's in the clearance section. I would only throw away sheets if they had a hole or were thread bare. We have like 4 sets (cotton & flannel) that are a few years old.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

I don't buy sheets very often.  We usually rotate the same 2 sets of sheets until one is worn out, and then it gets replaced.  I normally buy sheets at TJ Maxx or Home Goods.  I try to find the highest quality (thread count) for a reasonable price.

You can also check on Overstock.com if you can wait for them to be shipped to you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm...we buy ours at Costco, they are really nice and I think they are 600 or more thread count, I don't remember. But they are above your price range, but we have a king. I have never found really nice sheets lower than $60. But you can try Tuesday Morning, or TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I just saw on the Today show that this holiday is a good time to buy bedding, they suggested Macy's and JC Penny.

ETA: We throw them out when the get holes or thread bare. Like ECU, we rotate 2 sets of really good sheets, then I have 1 jersey cotton set and 1 set that came with our bedding that we don't use.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have 4 sets of sheets, and rotate them between our bed and the guest bedroom bed. Most of ours aren't super fancy, but I do prefer 400+ thread count. You can get a nice set from Marshalls or HomeGoods for around $40 for a queen--that's where we've gotten some in the past.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    I got a set of king sheets at Ikea a couple weekends ago for $29.99.  Can't beat that!  They are plenty soft for us.
  • Options
    We recently bought 2 sets of king sheets at JCPenny.  They almost always have a good sale going on.  I don't remember the thread count--maybe 600?  But they are super soft and we went when they were having a sale plus a coupon promotion and got each set for $30!!  It was an awesome deal.  We usually have good luck with Pennys.
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We bought our King sheets at JP Pennys too.  I was skeptical, but they are my favorite sheets.  We paid I think 59.99 for 600 TC king sheets.  I'm sure they're having some sort of sale this weekend. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Warning: I'm a sheet snob and I get it from my mother. 

We still have the same 2 sets from our wedding almost 4 years ago.  They are Wamsuttas from BB&B and I think are 600 thread count and 100% Egyptian Cotton.  They were approx. $100 for each set and still look and feel as good as they were brand new.  I don't plan on buying new ones for a while!  But the way I see it, you sleep on them for 6-8 hours per night, I'd rather pay $100 for a set for good quality.

• Options
    I found some at Target on Clearance this past weekend - reduced from $59.99 to $13. I bought them because I thought they were cute, matched our bedding, cheap, and we really need a new set. Unfortunately, they are only 300 TC and definitely not as comfy as the rest of our sheets (which are getting really worn). I'd definitely splurge if possible.
  • Options
    I get Woolrich brand sheets at Target. Don't remember thread count or exact price, but they are totally reasonable and very comfy!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"