Multiples
Options

Are new moms allowed to smack their husbands?

Like when their husband acts like a wonderful caring father during the day, but as soon as it approaches bedtime and he gets tired his patience goes out the window and he acts as if the babies cry just to try to ruin his life as opposed to being logical and realizing that babies get fussy sometimes?

Or when the in-laws come over to help out while his wife is at a funeral and as soon as she get home he goes to bed, leaving her to handle bedtime on her own with a screaming baby and his parents looking at her like she's clueless?

Or when he gets irritated b/c his wife suggests that he try to feed DD again instead of putting her to sleep since it's been three hours since she ate and she'll likely just wake up again soon? Because God forbid the wife make a suggestion, not like she's with the babies 24/7. Oh, and of course that's what happened so guess who's up.

And yes, you have to go to work every morning, you need your sleep. But in case you haven't noticed, taking care of two babies all day isn't exactly a stroll in the park. Not sure why you think anyone should function on an hour of sleep a night, let alone the person in charge of raising your kids.

Ok, vent over. Feel free to add your vents, it feels good to get it out.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: Are new moms allowed to smack their husbands?

• Options
    Yes you are def. allowed to smack him (hard).
  • Options

I agree.  But I say since you have two babies, How about 2 smacks? 

Stick out tongue     After all, If you can't smack your own husband... Then who's husband can you smack???   Unless of course, He's into S&M.. but THAT's a whole 'nother topic. 

By the way... cool fish !

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i vote for a smack!
  • Options

With DD, my DH played video games for the first week of his paternity leave and slept till 10 every day. I nearly killed him. I called his father and had his dad put him to work on the house construction for the next week. 

Yes you can smack....and also kick. Throwing things at them can also be theraputic. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you marry a child and continue to treat him like one, who is to blame? Smack yourself and tell your husband it is a 50/50 job.
  • Options

I like to avenge those kind of acts by sending DD in to wake up daddy - usually around 7:30/8:00 on Sat/Sun (I've already been up, showered and have at least 2 of the 3 dressed by then) - She goes in and gets RIGHT in his peaceful, sleeping face and says "TIME TO WAKE UUUUUUUUPPPPP, DADDYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

I'm spiteful and proud of it.  : )

• Options

Wow, I think I'm going to call my husband right now and thank him for being such a great guy. I know how lucky my daughter and two soon-to-be-born sons are to have such a sweet guy in our lives--not many moms have such a loving partner. And he's handsome too--though of course there are times he drives me crazy! After all, he is still a man...

Maybe things will turn around for you all. I hope so!

• Options

For me almost 11 months out - I still want to smack him.  My DH does the same thing.

My boys are at the point where they don't want the diaper change.  It sucks and I hate it.  They scream and carry and I lose my patience and get mad.  I do this by myself all darn day long.

But when he is home I would expect some help.  Nope - when I ask for the help - he says - well you do it all day long without me.  Urge to kill him sometimes.

We also have a DD who is 2.5 years old.  He is supposed to put her to bed 3 out of the 7 nights a week to help me out.  On thursday she gave him a hard time.  It took him almost 2 hours to get her to sleep.  I stayed out of it - he didn't ask for help - and I get yelled at when I do but in.  He brought her downstairs and was MAD at ME.  Because he only gets 3 hours at night to unwind and she just took up half of that.

Excuse me.  I am a SAHM who gets NO downtime, no drive to the train station, no train ride, no walk to your office, no breaks or lunch breaks.  Heck I can't even go to the bathroom in private anymore and you are complaining to me. 

She then wouldn't listen to him and stay on the couch.  Could it be because you had one of your shows on - put something on for her to watch.  So she started crying - he took her upstairs where they proceeded to be very loud with crying and screaming.  I finally stepped in and said enough your going to wake 1 or both babies.  He put her in our bed and she was out in 5 mintues.

At that point 1 of the babies was screaming because they woke him up fighting in the hallway.

So I had to deal with him for 45 minutes trying to get him to go back to sleep.

So I was up till 12.  He then has the nerve to say to me in the morning - well it was fine you didn't get to sleep till 12 - you could take a nap during the day if you want.  I can't!  Again - really!   The boys are 11 months old - I have taken a total of 5 naps since they came home from the hospital.  All of those naps were in the first 2 weeks.

3 days later and I am still very bitter about how this all went down and what he said to me.

Okay my vent over!

• Options

imageAlisaS:
    If you marry a child and continue to treat him like one, who is to blame? Smack yourself and tell your husband it is a 50/50 job.

I am sorry, but not to be snarky to you, but this is kind of a harsh thing to say!  She is venting, just like I vented below about my DH.

She posted looking for support not this.

My DH and I do try to do 50/50 - but it doesn't always work out that way and that is just life.  Life isn't fair and all about 50/50.

My DH might be a PIA, but he is my PIA and he is a good father and a good DH.  But he isn't perfect and you know what either am I.

• Options

I agree with above post...we're here to support, not be harsh :)

Being a MoM is really tough, and I really want to hurt DH sometimes, but I really have to try to communicate better what it is that I need because I think it comes down to this basic point:  men are COMPLETELY different from women, and they don't have the instincts that we do.  DH has to be told or asked to do something and he does it.  I get more angry when I expect him to do something and he's not even aware that I need him (especially on sundays when he watches NFL all day long...)

We've had it out and I've screamed, punched a wall..it actually felt good to let it out.  So, a smack isn't too bad :)  Get it out, sista!

• Options

imageAlisaS:

Yeah, this is the 2nd time that Alisa has responded to a post of mine and both have been a bit harsh (the first one I was looking for tips on sleep schedules).  I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just tend to think that sometimes it's ok to use that 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all' theory and not respond to every post. 

Like I said in the first paragraph, DH is a wonderful father it's just that he lacks patience at night and that drives me nuts.  But compared to most dads I see he is very involved.  In fact all of the NICU nurses were very impressed with his involvement...of course he never had to spend the night there... Anyways, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in getting aggrevated with my husband once in a while.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"