Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FFFC

124»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Now this is an FFFC I can get behind!

Mine: I wear skirts and dresses every day with no panties so H can have access whenever he wants. I hate it when the weather calls for pants.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 031414d1_zps227fd907.jpg photo SilverPoster_zpsec3507ce.jpg
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Peanut 07/05/07 CP @ 4w3d photo Ribbon_zps406cb11d.jpg Sweet Pea 04/21/08 @ 7wks
    The Blog
  • Options
    imagebunnyfungo:
    imageChancieMark:

I routinely lie to my husband about the things that I buy and how much they cost. Don't get me wrong, I am cheap (I don't buy anything unless it's on sale)  but if something cost me $30 I tell him it cost $20 if it was $10 it cost me $6 etc.

He knows I'm not telling him the truth but it's easier just to lie than listen to him whine about something I bought.

Sometimes when I go grocery shopping I'll get $10-$20 cash back so I can treat myself to takeout later in the week. DH would never question the grocery bill so he doesn't even notice. But he's super weird about calling me out if I spend $9 on chipotle. 

Haha I totally do this!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageal-e:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageRocknroll64:

imageal-e:
    My FFFC: I have never masturbated. We use toys for foreplay, but I've never been able to get off from one so I don't even try to do it when I'm alone.

You need to try the detachable shower head.

Or just running water in the bathtub.  

I swear these work. 

Or a toy that has an appendage for clitoral stimulation.

I do have two toys with clitoral stimulation. They are fabulous. And one is waterproof.

I could totally convince H that we need a detachable shower head... to bathe the dog. Ya, the dog really needs that detachable shower head. Not me, no sir.  

This is actually what happened in our house!  (Although we actually did need a way to bathe the dog, but still...doesn't mean I'm not happy about it!)

*********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageRocknroll64:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageEmeJay:
    As someone whose first language is not English, I don't understand why the word that start with a C is such a big offense.

I'm assuming you mean c*nt? It's a derogatory word for women along the lines of n*gger. It's more of an insult than b!tch. 

yep and it's a slang word for woman's vagina. 

Yeah, basically the implication that a woman isn't more than what's between her legs. 

I very, very rarely use the c-word as an insult. Few words bother me, but that one does. I don't call people b!tch, either.  

For my cultural knowledge, is calling a woman a c*nt and a man a d*ck the same thing? 

• Options
    imageMarcilene1:

I've mentioned bits and pieces of this in other threads, but here is the (almost) full story:

My husband and I were not even dating when I got pregnant with my daughter.  We just had a casual thing going and the pregnancy was a HUGE oops.  We got married when I was 5 months pregnant and we couldn't be happier now, but it is, unfortunately, a spot on our record when it comes to some family and friends.  I feel like we will never be able to live this down and sometimes it really overwhelms me.  I also sometimes get really emotional thinking about how we will tell our daughter the story of her birth and how she came to be.  We bought a baby book for her and there are blank pages because I don't know what to write (like how Mommy and Daddy met, how we felt when we found out I was pregnant, etc.)  I feel such a huge sense of guilt over that period in my life. 

Sorry this was pretty heavy, but at least it wasn't about pets or food!

You are not alone. If you need an ear, Pm me. 

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options

imageKLN1179:
    I am chunky and the RE has told me to lose weight.  I am struggling to get it off, yet I ate McDonalds after my appointment.  Sometimes I think I am sabotaging my own fertility for whatever reason.

I feel you on this, my DR wants me to lose 20 pounds before she rx's me metformin, and I cant seem to keep my fat face from eating things I shouldn't be. My DR also doesn't think weight is the "end all be all" when it comes to fertility, which is nice. My previous DR. basically laughed at me told me to lose weight and I would get pregnant (before I had DD). I got a new Dr.  

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imagebeckynsean11:
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:

1. My relative who we see quite often is bipolar. She routinely has fits that coincide with family get togethers and often ruins a nice outing. The most recent time, she blew up at our 14year old cousin and berated her for 10 minutes in front of everyone for a perceived slight. My cousin cried and went to hide from her and the party was over. Happy birthday, Grandma. There are never apologies, all her shiity behavior gets swept under the carpet because she's bipolar. It's gross.

Do you even understand what bipolar disorder means? Do you think it's fun for your relative to have no control like that? Do you think she wants to hurt your family members out of spite?

My husband is severely ADHD. If you didn't believe the disorder exists, you would after meeting him. There are some behaviors of his that I have learned to tolerate, mostly the impulse control problems. It doesn't bother me much anymore because I understand that he's not doing it on purpose. He has no control. I had similar control issues when I was suffering from depression before I sought medication for it. I think you need to do some research on mental disorders before saying it's "gross" to excuse certain behaviors. 

I'm confused by this. Unless she's refusing to take her meds(which is super common with bipolar), this is not in her control & is not something she needs to apologize for. The people I know with it do usually apologize at a later time but, I absolutely do not expect it. I'm sorry it's disruptive for your family & I'm sure that was horrible for your cousin but, this is part of her disorder.

Thank you everyone that stepped up and commented on the bipolar discussion, because I could not find the right words to disagree without possibly getting banned.

Empire- your views on mental illness and learning disabilities proves you know so very little about the diseases. Do research before you start spouting your uninformed views and join the 21st century.

If your relative was epileptic and had stress triggered seizures every time your family got together, disrupting the event, would you think that was 'gross' as well?  Or are only certain brain dysfunctions/disorders/illnesses unacceptable to you?

Yup.  My BIL is bipolar.  He's tried shock therapy and all types of medication to help treat it.  Do you have any idea how frustrating it is for him that he can't control his moods or his behavior? It's ignorant and insensitive people like you that add to the stigma that surrounds people with mental illness and disorders. 

Just because there are more names for different diseases and disorders, doesn't mean they're not real.  It just means we have the knowledge and understanding to correctly label them and effectively treat them.  Maybe you should try to be a little more empathetic.  Your views are so backwards it's unreal.

ETA: That was directed at Empire not BBG 

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imageEmeJay:

For my cultural knowledge, is calling a woman a c*nt and a man a d*ck the same thing?  

I would say most people say d!ck and don't think much of it, I'd say it is probably more similar to b!tch.  

C*nt is the worst of the worst, like people will turn their heads and give you the stink eye if they overhear it, put their hands over their children's ears kind of thing.  I'm not sure if I can think of the equivalent for a man...

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageEmeJay:

Stupidly enough, no. Most men don't care if you call them a d*ck. Probably because a man does (usually) identify himself with/by his penis.  Does that make sense how I worded it?

Yeah, I guess so!! In French, we do not insult people based on their organs haha!

• Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imageSlapalicious:
    imageEmeJay:

It would make sense to think that, but not quite - it's not quite that literal.  When someone is a dick, they're more of a jerk.  A cunt is a more severe and dirty name to call someone.  I think dick is more along the lines of the male version of using the term bitch.  I can't think of a male derogatory term to equal cunt...

Feel free to ask me to expand if you need.  It's not easy trying to translate sometimes and I'll do what I can to help explain more.

No, no it's good! I was very surprised when I first heard the reaction to that word. I can't see an equivalent in French, a word that is the supreme word to never use. (Except for the equivalent of n*gger)

• Options
    imageEmeJay:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageEmeJay:

Stupidly enough, no. Most men don't care if you call them a d*ck. Probably because a man does (usually) identify himself with/by his penis.  Does that make sense how I worded it?

Yeah, I guess so!! In French, we do not insult people based on their organs haha!

I've heard in QC a lot of swearing is against the church, that's considered quite vulgar - does that ring true from your experience?  My mom grew up in Montreal and I remember growing up, she'd swear in French so we wouldn't know what she was saying!  

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imagejaytee16:
    imageEmeJay:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageEmeJay:

I've heard in QC a lot of swearing is against the church, that's considered quite vulgar - does that ring true from your experience?  My mom grew up in Montreal and I remember growing up, she'd swear in French so we wouldn't know what she was saying!  

Yes, all our swear word are related to church, which doesn't offend people since most of the population isn't really into religion anymore. I've read an article stating that only 20% of the population is still going to church and it's mostly older people. 

• Options
    imageEmeJay:
    imagejaytee16:
    imageEmeJay:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageEmeJay:

Yes, all our swear word are related to church, which doesn't offend people since most of the population isn't really into religion anymore. I've read an article stating that only 20% of the population is still going to church and it's mostly older people. 

Interesting, and that doesn't surprise me that fewer people are going to church these days, therefore the effect of the swear words related to it might not have quite the sting.  When my mom was growing up, "tabernac" (sp?) was the worst thing you could say 

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imagejaytee16:
    imageEmeJay:

Interesting, and that doesn't surprise me that fewer people are going to church these days, therefore the effect of the swear words related to it might not have quite the sting.  When my mom was growing up, "tabernac" (sp?) was the worst thing you could say 

Ahah, yeah that's one of the baddest ;) We don't let children say those words. The word comes from Tabernacle and we pronounce it "Tabarnak" very loud. 

• Options
    imageEmeJay:
    imagejaytee16:
    imageEmeJay:

Ahah, yeah that's one of the baddest ;) We don't let children say those words. The word comes from Tabernacle and we pronounce it "Tabarnak" very loud. 

It's amazing that you're only a province away but there are so many differences!  At least I know how to offend people everywhere!  jks Wink

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMilagros315:

imageKLN1179:
    I would have been easier to read if the iPad had not eaten my ( )s and I had had not forgotten the one on someone.  No biggie. 

**Ladyhumps KLN**

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options
    EmeJayEmeJay member
    imagebbg676:
    imageEmeJay:
    imagejaytee16:
    imageEmeJay:

I'm confused... what is wrong with Tabernacle? Doesn't it just mean the 'dwelling for the divine presence'? Is it similar to how OMG and JFC (when said fully, not abbreviated) can be considered offensive to some?

I don't really know why we use those as swear words. We use Tabernacle, Osti (the thing they give you to eat in church), Calisse (The goblet thingy?),Criss (Christ), etc.

There's a great scene in the movie Bon Cop, Bad Cop where the French cop explains to the English cop how we use them. Any Canadians that haven't seen that movie should watch it. It's a very great bilingual movie!

• Options

imageChancieMark:
    Are we still talking about what people wear? Holy f*ck.

So next week the disclaimer shall read- "Please post FFFC's that do not include, pets, food or fashion."

:-)

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imagemelissa721:
    imageChancieMark:
    I routinely lie to my husband about the things that I buy and how much they cost. Don't get me wrong, I am cheap I don't buy anything unless it's on sale nbsp;but if something cost me 30 I tell him it cost 20 if it was 10 it cost me 6 etc.He knows I'm not telling him the truth but it's easier just to lie than listen to him whine about something I bought.
    Along the same lines I tell mh these elaborate and long drawn out stories about WHY I went shopping for whatever I bought and how it ended up working out well that I shopped when I did because of reasons X, Y and Z so he feels like I really needed whatever I purchased and actually did us a favor by buying it.

Lol I can usually convince DH it's an OK buy as long as it ties into DD somehow. It's always OK if it's for her.   He doesn't "get" buying a $150 bedset for our bed (we have a king), but is fine with spending that on a bedset for DD lol

My husband is the spender in our relationship, I often get on him for his impulsive buying.  

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    [

Empire- your views on mental illness and learning disabilities proves you know so very little about the diseases. Do research before you start spouting your uninformed views and join the 21st century.

If your relative was epileptic and had stress triggered seizures every time your family got together, disrupting the event, would you think that was 'gross' as well?  Or are only certain brain dysfunctions/disorders/illnesses unacceptable to you?

Someone remind me what the title of this thread is.

So what I should infer from your response is that my 14 year old cousin just needs to learn to deal with being publicly berated? No thoughts or concerns for her at all or the other victims of these episodes? No one thinks that this person should be mindful of how her behavior effects other people?

I'm advocating personal responsibility. I just think it's too easy to excuse bad behavior on mental illness and I think SOME hide behind it. 

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    [

So what I should infer from your response is that my 14 year old cousin just needs to learn to deal with being publicly berated? No thoughts or concerns for her at all or the other victims of these episodes? No one thinks that this person should be mindful of how her behavior effects other people?

I'm advocating personal responsibility. I just think it's too easy to excuse bad behavior on mental illness and I think SOME hide behind it. 

So, you want her to feel like shiit for a disease she can't control? The only "victim" here is the person with the disease. Yeah, it sucks that other people get caught in the crossfire. But they are family. Don't they know that she is bipolar? No amount of personal responsibility is going to will away this disease. It's about as effective as praying the gay away.

I said be mindful not feel like sh!t. How much do you expect a kid to understand? This isn't the first time this has happened either. When drug addicts enter treatment, they are advised to apologize to the people they've hurt because of their disease. Why is this different? 

Anniversary 
  • Options
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    [

Does your 14 year old cousin not know that she has a mental illness? Also that behavior could be a sign that your relative is not taking her medication.

Yes sometimes mental illness is hard to deal with, but to think that her behavior is actually on purpose is disgusting.  

TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    [

So, you want her to feel like shiit for a disease she can't control? The only "victim" here is the person with the disease. Yeah, it sucks that other people get caught in the crossfire. But they are family. Don't they know that she is bipolar? No amount of personal responsibility is going to will away this disease. It's about as effective as praying the gay away.

::claps for fuzzy::

Empire - do you also think women with PPD are just 'sad' and should have the 'personal responsibility' to just be happy and 'deal with it'? I'm assuming this is a yes?

P.S. Your newb status is showing - FFFC is rarely flame-free, especially when people make uneducated and ridiculous statements.

You're assuming wrong. I said in an earlier post people absolutely should get treatment. But if your ppd causes you to drown your kids in the bathtub, well, you'll have to be responsible for that, won't you? 

Anniversary 
  • Options
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    [

::claps for fuzzy::

Empire - do you also think women with PPD are just 'sad' and should have the 'personal responsibility' to just be happy and 'deal with it'? I'm assuming this is a yes?

P.S. Your newb status is showing - FFFC is rarely flame-free, especially when people make uneducated and ridiculous statements.

You're assuming wrong. I said in an earlier post people absolutely should get treatment. But if your ppd causes you to drown your kids in the bathtub, well, you'll have to be responsible for that, won't you? 

Well that behavior was probably because the woman didn't recognize that she was suffering from PPD and didn't get the treatment she needed because of people like you who think PPD isn't a real thing and spread your ignorance onto others. 

TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:
    imagebbg676:
    [

I said be mindful not feel like sh!t. How much do you expect a kid to understand? This isn't the first time this has happened either. When drug addicts enter treatment, they are advised to apologize to the people they've hurt because of their disease. Why is this different? 

A 14 year-old is old enough to understand that it's the disease talking, not the person. How are they supposed to be mindful?

Someone with more knowledge on this subject can help me out: is drug/alcohol addiction recognized along the same tier as diseases like bipolar disorder? I honestly don't know. 

Addiction is different because once the person gets treatment for the addiction, they are able to see how their behavior negatively affected others.  When someone has a mental illness, they are sometimes unable to see the effects of their behavior.  They actually believe that the way they are acting is completely normal.  

TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imagebbg676:
    imagebeckynsean11:
    imagefuzzylogic:
    imageEmpireceo:

1. My relative who we see quite often is bipolar. She routinely has fits that coincide with family get togethers and often ruins a nice outing. The most recent time, she blew up at our 14year old cousin and berated her for 10 minutes in front of everyone for a perceived slight. My cousin cried and went to hide from her and the party was over. Happy birthday, Grandma. There are never apologies, all her shiity behavior gets swept under the carpet because she's bipolar. It's gross.

Do you even understand what bipolar disorder means? Do you think it's fun for your relative to have no control like that? Do you think she wants to hurt your family members out of spite?

My husband is severely ADHD. If you didn't believe the disorder exists, you would after meeting him. There are some behaviors of his that I have learned to tolerate, mostly the impulse control problems. It doesn't bother me much anymore because I understand that he's not doing it on purpose. He has no control. I had similar control issues when I was suffering from depression before I sought medication for it. I think you need to do some research on mental disorders before saying it's "gross" to excuse certain behaviors. 

I'm confused by this. Unless she's refusing to take her meds(which is super common with bipolar), this is not in her control & is not something she needs to apologize for. The people I know with it do usually apologize at a later time but, I absolutely do not expect it. I'm sorry it's disruptive for your family & I'm sure that was horrible for your cousin but, this is part of her disorder.

Thank you everyone that stepped up and commented on the bipolar discussion, because I could not find the right words to disagree without possibly getting banned.

All of what BBG said.

My H deals with ADD/Bipolar/Anxiety and Seizures. I guess my DH should be banned from public, to spare the rest of the world a possible episode. 

You, Empire come off as an uneducated dolt.

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options

Well that behavior was probably because the woman didn't recognize that she was suffering from PPD and didn't get the treatment she needed because of people like you who think PPD isn't a real thing and spread your ignorance onto others. 

i know reading comprehension isn't a big thing for some people due to learning disabilities or laziness or whatever, but I never said PPD isn't a thing. So  save that diatribe for someone else.

I'm stepping away from this thread. No one has said anything compelling enough to change my mind and since we learn more about mental illness and treatment all the time, it's silly to argue back and forth when beliefs/treatments may change tomorrow. Best of luck to those of you trying to get knocked up, have a lovely weekend.

Anniversary 
  • Options
    imageEmpireceo:

i know reading comprehension isn't a big thing for some people due to learning disabilities or laziness or whatever, but I never said PPD isn't a thing. So  save that diatribe for someone else.

I'm stepping away from this thread. No one has said anything compelling enough to change my mind and since we learn more about mental illness and treatment all the time, it's silly to argue back and forth when beliefs/treatments may change tomorrow. Best of luck to those of you trying to get knocked up, have a lovely weekend.

Oh okay so you just pick and choose the illnesses/disorders you don't think are real? Or are all people with mental disorders/illnesses just crazy or dumb? I'm confused.  

It angers me that there are people like you in this world.  You're right up there with the person who thinks homosexuality is disgusting...Marly or whatever her name is. 

TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imageRocknroll64:
    imageEmpireceo:

Oh okay so you just pick and choose the illnesses/disorders you don't think are real? Or are all people with mental disorders/illnesses just crazy or dumb? I'm confused.  

It angers me that there are people like you in this world.  You're right up there with the person who thinks homosexuality is disgusting...Marly or whatever her name is. 

All of this.  

And let's not forget the poster who didn't want her baby to have any "icky" mental illnesses.  You're all on the post it!!! 

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejaytee16:
    imageRocknroll64:
    imageEmpireceo:

All of this.  

And let's not forget the poster who didn't want her baby to have any "icky" mental illnesses.  You're all on the post it!!! 

That was Pamela Slamela, the stud finder.  

TTC Since July 2012
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    imageSpookster:

All of what BBG said.

My H deals with ADD/Bipolar/Anxiety and Seizures. I guess my DH should be banned from public, to spare the rest of the world a possible episode. 

But Spooks, he might ruin the picnic!!1!1!!

Seriously though, I less than 3 you.

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagefuzzylogic:

FTW! 

May 14 Siggy                                             
    Team Purple!!!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebunnyfungo:
    imagejaytee16:
    imageSpookster:

All of what BBG said.

But Spooks, he might ruin the picnic!!1!1!!

Seriously though, I less than 3 you.

Yes 

Fucck!!!1!!11 

I guess we are picnicking in the living room to spare someone else's feelings. Who cares about how awkward and embarrassed my H feels after having a seizure or how scary it is when he comes out of one not knowing who he is let alone who I am or who his children are. 

I less than 3 you too Jaytee and you too FooFoo :-) 

EEP I am ladyhumping the shiit outta people today.  

EDD- 06/13/2017

• Options
    imageSpookster:
    imageMarcilene1:

I've mentioned bits and pieces of this in other threads, but here is the (almost) full story:

My husband and I were not even dating when I got pregnant with my daughter.  We just had a casual thing going and the pregnancy was a HUGE oops.  We got married when I was 5 months pregnant and we couldn't be happier now, but it is, unfortunately, a spot on our record when it comes to some family and friends.  I feel like we will never be able to live this down and sometimes it really overwhelms me.  I also sometimes get really emotional thinking about how we will tell our daughter the story of her birth and how she came to be.  We bought a baby book for her and there are blank pages because I don't know what to write (like how Mommy and Daddy met, how we felt when we found out I was pregnant, etc.)  I feel such a huge sense of guilt over that period in my life. 

Sorry this was pretty heavy, but at least it wasn't about pets or food!

You are not alone. If you need an ear, Pm me. 

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"