Options

UO Thursday...

13»

Re: UO Thursday...

• Options
    imageamberpro:
    imageninthgirl:
    imageGTown08:

My UO (apparently) is that I think most cakes are dry and icing is overrated and WAY too sweet.  I guess I am just not a huge fan of cake.  I could take it or leave it really.  I also think most sweets are overrated.  If I am going to eat extra calories, let them be a really great soft cheese with warm, fresh from the oven bread. 

I can agree with you on cake.  But not on sweets in general. What about pie? Ice cream? Cookies? Brownies? So many options. But yes - cake in general is not tasty. Wedding cakes are the worst.

OMG, you did NOT have my wedding cake.  I'm usually not a fan of the white wedding cake, but ours was not your standard.  The wedding cake was a champagne flavored cake with white chocolate filling and the groom's cake was Kahlua.  So moist and yummy.  Now I want some.  So stinking good.   

I also disagree with the wedding cake distaste! My wedding cake was amazing. First off, my mom made it so it was super sentimental (she has made many many wedding cakes over the years - but she's not a cake maker by trade). Also mine was 5 tiers, each having it's own flavor and was amazing. Top tier was butter pecan with a German chocolate filling, second tier was a traditional fruitcake (a traditional British wedding cake - DH is British), third tier was lemon cake with raspberry filling (to die for), fourth tier was a yellow cake with chocolate butter-cream filling, and fifth tier was chocolate cake with German chocolate filling. All made from scratch. Delicious!

• Options
    GTown08GTown08 member
    imageMrbatesisinnocent:

I also disagree with the wedding cake distaste! My wedding cake was amazing. First off, my mom made it so it was super sentimental (she has made many many wedding cakes over the years - but she's not a cake maker by trade). Also mine was 5 tiers, each having it's own flavor and was amazing. Top tier was butter pecan with a German chocolate filling, second tier was a traditional fruitcake (a traditional British wedding cake - DH is British), third tier was lemon cake with raspberry filling (to die for), fourth tier was a yellow cake with chocolate butter-cream filling, and fifth tier was chocolate cake with German chocolate filling. All made from scratch. Delicious!

I will admit, those all sound wonderful and yummy.  However, I still gotta say I'd rather have cheese. 

But just think, that means more cake for you guys!

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageColeRose:
    imageGTown08:
    imagegreenbeanqueen:

I guess what threw me is the way PP explained it. I never knew that there was a "textbook" difference between gender and sex. I have no issue with men and women who like to do untraditional things, I guess my issue is that when a small child has "gender confusion" before they are old enough to have any concept of sex or gender. That is why the way PP explained it confused me. I was not trying to offend anyone. 

I think by PP, you mean me.  If so, I'm sorry if the way I tried to explain ended up confusing you.  I think you mean my example of the little boy putting on a dress.  Again, that was just an example, and I am sorry if that's what threw you.  I probably should have let a professional (looking at you, ColeRose) explain it better. 

LOL I do get heated on this topic because ALL the pink and blue! Also empowering women.

:crawls back into feminist cave: 

If you don't mind my asking, where do you teach? (Totally understand if you don't want to share this info!)

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    I think statements like "your baby is your push present" are just as annoying as the woman who are considered materialistic for wanting or expecting a push present.

I also don't care how many baby showers someone has or if it is their 2nd or 3rd child. If you think it's tacky don't go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tealowltealowl member

So I've been off TB for a few hours (stupid work) and when I came back and saw this thread I was like, "Whoa! Drama on the UO thread, look at all those pages!"

And then I got here and was like, oh cake pops. We're talking about cake pops.

And I was like =]

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    tealowltealowl member

imagegreenbeanqueen:

I see what this article is saying, I guess what I am saying is that I dont get the point of making it some huge difference. But I believe in traditional gender roles, and to me sex and gender are pretty much the same. I don't expect a lot of people to agree with me I guess that's why it is a UO. 

::eye roll::

Please explain your version of traditional. I'd love to hear it.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    tealowltealowl member
    imageColeRose:
    imageteal owl:

So I've been off TB for a few hours (stupid work) and when I came back and saw this thread I was like, "Whoa! Drama on the UO thread, look at all those pages!"

And I was like =]

But that is a serious topic tho. 

Of course it is! I'm on Team Cupcake, though.

CUPCAKES 4 EVA

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    imageGTown08:
    imageMrbatesisinnocent:

I will admit, those all sound wonderful and yummy.  However, I still gotta say I'd rather have cheese. 

But just think, that means more cake for you guys!

More cake for me??? Yes please! Also I had cake with my lunch nom nom nom

This is me pretty much all the time...

• Options
    imagekatyj25:
    imageKateMW:
    imageColeRose:

imagegwinnygirl:
    I will go to all the showers because CAKE.

el oh el, also cake pops. 

I hate cake pops. That's my other UO. You can't separate the cake from the horrible icing. 

Then you just haven't had a good one yet. Such a shame.

Well considering the first rule of crap pops is to crumble up cake and mix with icing, you can not in fact separate the cake from the icing. Yuck.  

• Options
    esf60esf60 member
    imageKateMW:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageKateMW:
    imageColeRose:

imagegwinnygirl:

I hate cake pops. That's my other UO. You can't separate the cake from the horrible icing. 

Well considering the first rule of crap pops is to crumble up cake and mix with icing, you can not in fact separate the cake from the icing. Yuck.  

seriously? i make cake pops like this all the time and they're always a hit. what do you do?

• Options
    bb!

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options
    imageKateMW:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageKateMW:
    imageColeRose:

imagegwinnygirl:

this is how i learned how to make them also, long before the cake pop pan existed.. I think the technique may have changed a bit post the pan/machine launch 

imageimage

• Options
    imageesf60:
    imageKateMW:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageKateMW:
    imageColeRose:

imagegwinnygirl:

seriously? i make cake pops like this all the time and they're always a hit. what do you do?

What do you mean? I don't make them. But all the ones that I've had have been made from scratch and they're the kind with the icing mixed in to form the ball, etc. I HATE ICING. 

• Options

imageColeRose:
    KATE STOP CALLING THEM CRAP POPS!!!11!!

Crap crap crap.  Wink Love ya! 

• Options
    imageColeRose:
    imageKateMW:

imageColeRose:
    KATE STOP CALLING THEM CRAP POPS!!!11!!

Crap crap crap.  Wink Love ya! 

I will keep you in my T&Ps. 

Thank you. We'll get through it. 

• Options
    esf60esf60 member
    imageKateMW:
    imageesf60:
    imageKateMW:
    imagekatyj25:
    imageKateMW:
    imageColeRose:

imagegwinnygirl:

What do you mean? I don't make them. But all the ones that I've had have been made from scratch and they're the kind with the icing mixed in to form the ball, etc. I HATE ICING. 

i missed the whole thing about you not liking them. viva cake scraps and icing!

my dreams are made of icing. truth be told i could skip the cake part altogether.

• Options
    imagedontstopbelievin:
    imageTanisha417:

I love icing, but I do agree with you on cake pops. To me by crushing up the cake and making it into a ball, it tasted like they had already been chewed. Gross.

You said exactly what I was unable to articulate.  Thank you!  I will take a slice of cake over pre-chewed cake any day!

Not to mention it creeps me out to think they were rolled between somebody's hands.  

• Options
    imageteal owl:

And I was like =]

This was me. Not disapointed. A lil pissed because now I'm craving cake like crazy. But I'll manage. Never actually see an argument about cake or things related to cake though. *adds it to bucket list and the crosses it off*

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    imageColeRose:
    imageesf60:

i'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but it irks me.

people who post pictures of their ultrasounds and peed-on pregnancy tests on facebook. i get that people are excited, but i find it kind of gross & unnecessary. some things are meant to be private.

I also don't get HPTs on FB but u/s? I personally wouldn't post mine but I also don't think it is gross when others do. 

I posted my HPT for you and the other ladies.  Were you silently judging me the entire time?  Harumph!

• Options
    tealowltealowl member
    imageLoolaide:
    imageteal owl:
    imageColeRose:
    imageteal owl:

And I was like =]

But that is a serious topic tho. 

Of course it is! I'm on Team Cupcake, though.

CUPCAKES 4 EVA

I want to be team cupcake too. Pick me!

You can be my cocaptain!

Also, how I eat cupcakes is that I tear off the bottom half nicely and put it on top of my cupcake like a little hat and it's easier to eat. Like a cupcake sandwich.

I showed this to my s/o when we first met and it blew his mind.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"