Single Parents
Options

To leave or to stay?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm giving it a shot. I have a 3 week old lo with my boyfriend, whom I started dating shortly before becoming pregnant. Ever since the baby our relationship has been very rocky. Arguments, no affection, etc. At times I wonder why we are together, and sometimes I honestly think we are both trying to stick it out because of the baby.

Was anyone else in my position when your lo was born? Did you stick it out or just leave? I know newborns suck the life out of you, but I just can't tell whether or not it is normal to feel like a relationship is over as a result of a baby.

Hope I am making sense. I'm a little sleep deprived seeing as I am the only one that gets up with the baby at night or cares for her during the day...ok end rant...

TIA
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: To leave or to stay?

• Options
    If he's not helpful and you don't want to be with him why stay? The only thing worse than no father is a father who chooses not to be there
  • Options

Don't be with him just because of the baby. LO eventually will understand, and it's not healthy for LO grow up in an environment seeing the parents argue all the time. Do what you will like to do to make you happy.

xx 

Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

*Do what you feel like to do to make you happy.

imagemimimimimiiii:

Don't be with him just because of the baby.

Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • Options

I am in a very similar situation. BF and I were dating 9 months when I found out I was pregnant. We were already living together for about 6 months. Complete shock.

For me, it isn't that things are terrible. They just... Aren't enough. I don't ge

• Options
    You could just be tired and frustrated, I say don't do anything rash. Maybe suggest counseling? GL! And yes I was in your exact situation... and I really did grow to love him, but the stress of the kids was too much for him. He started going out all night
  • Options
    Only way to tell is to try. And talk about it. And consider counseling. I had been married to my XH for a few years when we had our son and he couldn't take the responsibility. One of his complaints when we split was that he couldn't go to Hawaii every ye
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"