June 2011 Moms
Options

Question for those with 2u2 (or preg with 2u2)

Have people given you any rude reactions to hearing that you're pregnant again?

Everyone keeps telling me how I'll "really have my hands full." Um, yes I know. Thanks for the pep talk! Ha. This pregnancy was not planned, but we are not telling people that (I just don't think it's anyone's business to know).

Anyway, my kids will be 2 grades apart. It's not like that is uncommon or anything. Actually, I think most American families have kids two grades apart. 

I guess I am just tired of hearing the comments or getting stares now that I'm obviously pregnant again. Anyone else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Question for those with 2u2 (or preg with 2u2)

• Options
    Mine will be one grade apart. And many people have said that I will have my hands full. We have called this pregnancy a planned surprise. Because we were planning on 2 and them being close in age but don't expect it to be this close! Others have told me its good to get all of the baby stuff out of the way all together And fast. But personally I know if I waited until dd was 2 or 3 to ttc i probably would not have had a second.
  • Options
    I get "you're going to have your hands full" or "you'll be so tired" all the time. Usually I reply with "I already do!" or "I already am!" It seems to deter people when they realize they're not telling you something you already know. Like they think I've got my head up in the clouds about it all or something. As for the stares, I ignore them. If they're really bad, I make sure to make it seem like DD and I are having a grand ole time together and that these kids are lucky to be getting such a great mom, lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Screw 'em. My mom has no idea we're TTC and she told my relatives that it's good we only have one now because we have "enough on our plate." Little does she know. Lol Just tell people you like the chaos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All the time.  If I'm in a good mood  I'll respond with "better full than empty" if I'm in a pissy mood it will be more like "I just happen have better time management skills than other people, sorry that one child fills up all of your time"..  I don't know what it is about having 2 under 2 but people say the stupidest things without realizing that they might be offending the person they are speaking with.  I can't stand the comments like "have you figured out how they are made yet?" (yes, I've gotten that one, more than once, and not from a family member.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

Well since I only found out today that I am PG I haven't had to deal with this but I think my response wil be "F*ck Off" or "Go F*ck yourself"... haha.  That will teach them for saying such silly things.

BTW I am totally kidding, I would never tell some random person to F*ck Off Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemagnoliablossom00:
    Have people given you any rude reactions to hearing that you're pregnant again? Everyone keeps telling me how I'll "really have my hands full." Um, yes I know. Thanks for the pep talk! Ha. This pregnancy was not planned, but we are not telling people that I just don't think it's anyone's business to know. Anyway, my kids will be 2 grades apart. It's not like that is uncommon or anything. Actually, I think most American families have kids two grades apart.nbsp;I guess I am just tired of hearing the comments or getting stares now that I'm obviously pregnant again. Anyone else?

I feel like back in the day ppl had a million kids all close together and it was normal. however financially it was difficult. So those kids grew up and dexided to have only a couple kids and spaced them out so they had more money.
    Now it seems the joy of pregnancy and kids is sweeping the nation once again, and ppl are having more kids again.

From what i have observed in my short lifethats what i think. My point in saying that is ppl of a certain generation have a mindset to not have a lot of kids and to not have them close together.
    I would find it insulting aomeone saying that to me, bc clearly u are able to take care of a child, u have been doing it already for the past 1.5 yrs at least. And being an adult, u are not naive about the difficulties life brings especially when u have kids. So tell them all to SCREW OFF!! HA HA
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've gotten the "wow you'll have your hands full" a lot from strangers, coworkers, acquaintances, etc. I usually just shrug it off. The way I look at it I'd have my hands full if E was 2 or 4 as well. Each age comes with its own set of challenges. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not pregnant, and I have no plans of getting pregnant for a long time. I'm sure I would get those comments, cause people are just ignorant, but funny enough, EVERYONE is asking if we're going to have another. "When are you going to get pregnant again?" "Are you pregnant yet?" "You're going to have another one soon right?"

I'll be 22 next month, and people judge the hell out of me as it is. Even these same people badgering me about getting pregnant judge me cause I got married at 19 and pregnant three months later. Even if we were TTC, I wouldn't tell anyone in real life! Lol
  • Options

I had 2u2 three times and ppl would always say something rude.  Then they would say it must be so hard having 4 little ones, I would always reply how easy it was, I would watch my niece from time to time and how hard she was to have around. She is an only child. I always said 1 child is way more work then 4, and no I didn't use the older ones to take care of the younger ones. They did entertain each other and that helps a lot.

Now my sister in law thinks of ppl like me are just dumb and can't stop breeding, now her I would love to rip her a new one. She drives me absolutely nuts , but that is a whole other thread best left alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"