June 2011 Moms
Options

UO - Thursday!

Whachya got?

ETA: May I please request no more "I think it's silly to do a lot for a first bday" opinions.  Okay we get it.  Some people go all out.  Some don't. 

Re: UO - Thursday!

• Options
    imagekimbo1216:

Whachya got?

ETA: May I please request no more "I think it's silly to do a lot for a first bday" opinions.  Okay we get it.  Some people go all out.  Some don't. 

Ugh, totally agree.  These are probably the same people that thought it was ridiculous to spend alot of time and effort on the nursery, or get the expensive stroller, etc etc. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am soo sick of people calling asking me to donate money.  I'm sorry I don't have any.  Then they say, "well its only $20"  yeah, that's what the 10 callers before you said.  If I gave to everyone that called I would be broke!  Don't they understand that they're not the only ones calling me asking for money!  I seriously get 5 calls a day.  If I don't answer they just keep calling.  So annoying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think people obsess about food for their LO, sometimes.  It's all about an overall healthy lifestyle and moderation.

I see it here, but this was actually spurned from something on my FB moms group.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imagepregarella:
    imagekimbo1216:

Whachya got?

Ugh, totally agree.  These are probably the same people that thought it was ridiculous to spend alot of time and effort on the nursery, or get the expensive stroller, etc etc. 

Amen, sistah 

• Options
    imagepregarella:
    imagekimbo1216:

Whachya got?

Yep...that would be me.  I totally own that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageklang621:
    I am soo sick of people calling asking me to donate money.  I'm sorry I don't have any.  Then they say, "well its only $20"  yeah, that's what the 10 callers before you said.  If I gave to everyone that called I would be broke!  Don't they understand that they're not the only ones calling me asking for money!  I seriously get 5 calls a day.  If I don't answer they just keep calling.  So annoying.

I only answer numbers that are programmed into my phone :)

• Options
    imageSunidaze:
    imagepregarella:
    imagekimbo1216:

Whachya got?

Yep...that would be me.  I totally own that.

And actually, one of the things that I am totally fine with spending tons of money on is the professional photos.  Perhaps that is my UO (although from what I've seen it looks like many of the women on here go above and beyond Portrait Innovations, JC Penney, Target, etc.).  But darnit, my kid is undeniably cute and I have an awesome photographer and I dont' care how much she costs me (okay...well maybe a little bit...but still...).

• Options
    imageamberpro:

I think people obsess about food for their LO, sometimes.  

I think people on here over-obsess about a lot of things when it comes to LO. Sometimes, I just want to tell people to take a chill pill and not worry so much.  Heck, I sometimes I actually do say that. lol.  

On the converse, I think people irl under-obsess (aka don't research enough) about a lot of things. I also think I would be one of them if it weren't for this overly-researched, overly-obsessed board. lol.  Stick out tongue So I guess it's a good thing and a bad thing.

• Options

I don't care for the infant lace rompers that are all the rage right now. When I see the photos I feel they are saying " my baby is pretty and stylish." For lack of a better word that really fits "sexy" ( I know people aren't trying to make their baby look sexy, but like I said, I have a lack for a better word). I feel they are just too feminine in the wrong way, aging the child prematurely.

When I look back on baby photos I want to say look at my sweet, cute, innocent little baby. 

That's my (I'm sure) unpopular opinion

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • Options
    imageamberpro:

imageklang621:

Half the time, I don't even answer those.

DH answered the phone once, it was for me, I took it...it was my college asking for a donation...Persistent kid was the caller.  Irritating as hell to me.  I didnt' have help paying for it and I'm mean and don't feel like helping someone else when I didn't get that help and still carrying the title "Administrative Assistant".

• Options
    kas80kas80 member
    I hate tutus.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekas80:
    I hate tutus.

*HIGH FIVE*

• Options
    imageSunidaze:

imagekas80:
    I hate tutus.

*HIGH FIVE*

Oh come on!  How can you deny the cuteness of the one on Audrey in my siggy.  WinkStick out tongue

• Options
    imagekimbo1216:
    imageSunidaze:

imagekas80:
    I hate tutus.

*HIGH FIVE*

Oh come on!  How can you deny the cuteness of the one on Audrey in my siggy.  WinkStick out tongue

Hmm...I will give you that she is definitely cute...but...no...I just can't do it.  Just screwing with DH one day (because he feels the same as I do), I made to put a tutu on Stella to go with her Christmas onesie (it was part of a set that someone gave me)...I swear all the color drained from his face and he was pretty much like "You will not put that on my child!"

• Options
    imageSunidaze:
    imageamberpro:

imageklang621:

DH answered the phone once, it was for me, I took it...it was my college asking for a donation...Persistent kid was the caller.  Irritating as hell to me.  I didnt' have help paying for it and I'm mean and don't feel like helping someone else when I didn't get that help and still carrying the title "Administrative Assistant".

If i don't answer, they keep calling.  I've had one number call 9 times in one day because I didn't pick up.  9 TIMES!!!!

• Options
    kas80kas80 member
    imagekimbo1216:
    imageSunidaze:

imagekas80:
    I hate tutus.

*HIGH FIVE*

Audrey is so stinking cute it offsets the tutu ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageamberpro:

I think people obsess about food for their LO, sometimes.  It's all about an overall healthy lifestyle and moderation.

I see it here, but this was actually spurned from something on my FB moms group.  

I have to obsess. It sucks! Every label has to be checked each time in case they change the ingredients. We are really struggling with options for feeding him. It is not that he is picky, but nearly all processed foods are out, which isnt a bad thing, but it also means he eats only fruit, veggies, and meats. The kid loves fruit but it is causing burns on his bum because he eats so much of it.

Uhhh...

• Options
    imageLaRue86:
    imageamberpro:

I have to obsess. It sucks! Every label has to be checked each time in case they change the ingredients. 

I doubt she was talking about obsession for medical reasons.

• Options
    imagekimbo1216:
    imageLaRue86:
    imageamberpro:

I have to obsess. It sucks! Every label has to be checked each time in case they change the ingredients. 

I doubt she was talking about obsession for medical reasons.

I didnt take it that way :) I was just saying that it sucks to have to when you dont want to!

• Options
    I hate the word "poo". I don't know why but it grosses me out. I prefer using "poop" - for some reason it just sounds better to me. I know, I'm weird.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecassoppea:
    I hate the word "poo". I don't know why but it grosses me out. I prefer using "poop" - for some reason it just sounds better to me. I know, I'm weird.

I don't like any of it, lol... poo, poop, poopy.  I use them, though.  I'm not sure how to get around it sometimes.  Who knew it would become a daily  part of my vocabulary??  I say "stinky" a lot in place of poop or poopy.  Stinky diaper, stinky pants, etc.  

• Options
    I think bikinis on baby girls are the most adorable thing ever. My DD has a triangle top bikini (gasp!) and it is ridiculously cute on her.
  • Options

imagekaitylin:
    I think bikinis on baby girls are the most adorable thing ever. My DD has a triangle top bikini (gasp!) and it is ridiculously cute on her.

Yes  i love bikinis on babies as well

• Options
    Sometimes I feel like it's an UO that I'm ok with my baby still being a BABY. I still put her in footed pjs, I still like onesies, I don't like baby string bikinis, I don't think she needs a baby sister, I'm not trying to get her potty trained, heck I'm not even anxious for her to start (really) walking!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagejgengo0:

I don't care for the infant lace rompers that are all the rage right now. When I see the photos I feel they are saying " my baby is pretty and stylish." For lack of a better word that really fits "sexy" ( I know people aren't trying to make their baby look sexy, but like I said, I have a lack for a better word). I feel they are just too feminine in the wrong way, aging the child prematurely.

When I look back on baby photos I want to say look at my sweet, cute, innocent little baby. 

I have no idea what these are.

• Options
    imageklang621:
    imageSunidaze:
    imageamberpro:

imageklang621:

If i don't answer, they keep calling.  I've had one number call 9 times in one day because I didn't pick up.  9 TIMES!!!!

Is anyone else reciting Ferris Bueller in their head right now?

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

Turquoise Petti Lace Baby Infant Romper

jgeng - i think it's interesting that you think those are too sexy-ish (And I see what you're saying, they kind of make me think old fashioned burlesque a little?) but you love bikinis!

• Options

imageCarlaAndJames:
    Sometimes I feel like it's an UO that I'm ok with my baby still being a BABY. I still put her in footed pjs, I still like onesies, I don't like baby string bikinis, I don't think she needs a baby sister, I'm not trying to get her potty trained, heck I'm not even anxious for her to start (really) walking!

ITA with all of this.  She is still a baby, darnit!  I don't have to call her a toddler until she can actually toddle, right?

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

jgeng - i think it's interesting that you think those are too sexy-ish (And I see what you're saying, they kind of make me think old fashioned burlesque a little?) but you love bikinis!

• Options
    imagejgengo0:

Yes

I've got a good one: I don't believe it's too early to start physically disciplining DD with the goal of training her to listen when I say "no" and give other "commands". A smack on her hand is only going to hurt enough for her to know that there are consequences for not listing and that she doesn't want it to happen again. Right now she only needs to learn to listen, she doesn't need me to explain myself. That will come later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    imagegymnst1013:
    imageklang621:
    imageSunidaze:
    imageamberpro:

imageklang621:

Is anyone else reciting Ferris Bueller in their head right now?

No, but I am wondering if they've tried telling the callers to put them on their "do not call list". If you tell them that, they are required to do so and can't call you for something like a year...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    Thanks Carla!  I'm out of the loop on baby girl attire :)
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

I just bought Hayden 3 of these, purple, black, and zebra... I don't think they are sexual or sexy at all!

• Options
    imageTCUFrogMom11:
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

I just bought Hayden 3 of these, purple, black, and zebra... I don't think they are sexual or sexy at all!

I bought DD one for photos and the thought of it being "sexy" never once crossed my mind... However, I don't think bikinis on babies are 'sexy' on babies either... on a ten year old - maybe, on a baby no way...  On a baby it's just cute.

• Options
    imagekaitylin:
    imageTCUFrogMom11:
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

I bought DD one for photos and the thought of it being "sexy" never once crossed my mind... However, I don't think bikinis on babies are 'sexy' on babies either... on a ten year old - maybe, on a baby no way...  On a baby it's just cute.

OMG your baby girl is stinking precious!

• Options
    imageTCUFrogMom11:
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

I don't think so either, but I can see the resemblance to something sexy that makes people think that.

• Options
    HallilHallil member

Hm.....I guess every person thinks differently but I think that babies can pull off some things that older kids cant just because they're babies. I don't see the tie to it being sexy at all.

<--------said by the lady with the picture of the baby girl in a lace romper in siggy.

• Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejgengo0:

like this -

Ha yea I guess it could seem weird! However, bikinis are worn by everyone and serve a purpose. You always see little girls in bikinis. The lace rompers are a fad right now. I feel like the outfit is trying too hard. Yes, burlesque is a good word! I really can't explain it haha.

• Options
    Also, like i said in the original post the word sexy is the wrong word. I just couldn't think of a word that could explain what I meant. Like i said before, I just don't see sweet, cute, innocent baby when I look at the outfit that's all. Personal preference.
  • Options

I don't think the lace petti rompers are "sexy" at all...i think they are so adorable. 

And Gymnast, I was totally saying "niiiiiiiiine tiiiiiiiimes" when she wrote that.  Love me some Ferris.  

My UA...I hate the words binky and nook/nookie for a pacifier.  How did those words even evolve?  Is it a genericide thing?

I call it a paci.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"