VBAC
Options

No VBAC for me...

Been lurking here for a bit, even though I know I can't try for a VBAC...the area where I live doesn't do them, unless you go into labor on your own and are progressing really well.  The closest place is a couple hours away.

I had a (somewhat) planned CS with DD...went in for Bio Physical US in the AM and they called for me to come in that PM.  Fluid was at a 1-2, baby was breech, and they had been concerned about the placenta for several weeks showing high calcification deposits, it basically looked like a past due placenta.  I won't go into all the emotional/mental aspects of my hopes for a VB...you all know.

Anyways, we just found out we're expecting again, exciting!, and am fairly certain I will have another CS, but reading all the great stories on here is nice.  At least I know lots of other people have sucess with VBAC, and we'll make it just fine!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: No VBAC for me...

• Options

Well, don't give up hope yet.  Every pregnancy is different.

Congrats on your BFP and I hope you have a H&H 40 weeks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCohlt & Jenn:

Been lurking here for a bit, even though I know I can't try for a VBAC...the area where I live doesn't do them, unless you go into labor on your own and are progressing really well.  The closest place is a couple hours away.

How do you know this won't be you?  I would still discuss it with your provider.  The VBAC recommendations changed recently (within the last year) so it's possible your provider may be more open to it. 

Do you have a local ICAN chapter that may be able to recommend more VBAC friendly providers?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAloe0l:
    imageCohlt & Jenn:

How do you know this won't be you?  I would still discuss it with your provider.  The VBAC recommendations changed recently (within the last year) so it's possible your provider may be more open to it. 

Do you have a local ICAN chapter that may be able to recommend more VBAC friendly providers?

All of this Yes  Don't count yourself out just yet! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    imageAloe0l:
    imageCohlt & Jenn:

Exactly this!  

SAHM to 3 crazy kiddos with a surprise blessing on the way - learning to "survive" without gluten, dairy, soy, caffeine, chocolate, and sugar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"