Baby Names

Your most hated names

2»

Re: Your most hated names

• imagecloud9climber:
    Brooklyn.  Blech. 

YES. I once coached an elementary aged soccer team, and one of the girls was named Brooklyn.  It wasn't anything against the child, but her mother DROVE ME NUTS.  She was always pulling me aside to talk about "Broooooklyyyynnn" and just the way she said it was nails on a chalkboard.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Newbie here! I want to play! I hate Ernest, Eugene, Vincent, Neveah, Bentley, Madison, and Clarence.

They either sound icky or are overused.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Claire, Chloe, Zoe, Madison/Addison, Tiffany, names that start with X, Zander, McKenna (or other Mc names), Mitch

• Ogden- My DS's friend has this name and he is teased beyond belief in school. And this name is popular and people love it. Sorry but you aren't thinking.

Any Mc name.

Any name that is gender neutral and sounds like it isn't. Example: Cary for a boy.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • imagealliejo725:

Anything boring, particularly....

Anne, ughhh.

And pretty much every boys' name much-loved here, from Ethan to William. Yes, they're nice. Yes, they'll age well. Yes, they're spelled correctly. But seriously, can't we have a little imagination with boys' names?

Couldn't have written it better myself!

I also don't get the love for some girl board faves: Bridget, Gretchen, Evelyn. Boys wise I just find the well loved names here boring: Thomas, William, Daniel etc. Nothing wrong per se. Just dull.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • "Man" names, like Amanda or Samantha.  I can't stand the names Corbin, Caleb or Jacob.  I like Jake, though.  First and middle names that sound ritzy just to sound ritzy like Mary Harrington.  I taught a girl with that name and her mother insisted on her being called both names at all times.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haven't posted in a while, but I loathe Belinda. Blech. I've met 3 of them in my life and they're all terrible people. Plus, I'm sure at some point, this name was totally made up.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Peyton, Braydon, Caden, and mispelled names.
    PicMonkey.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Anything with random, unneeded Y's or X's

boys names on girls, surnames with no family signifigance, matchy sibling names, anything trendy. Specifically I dislike-

boys- Levi, Lucas, Luke, Owen

girls- Kinley, Kenna, Mc-names

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Grayson, Colby, Cayden, Brayden
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
  • Jaxson, Brooklyn, Jaden, Declan, Mc-whatever, Girls with names that end in -son. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeaknigh:

Ohh I like this thread already.

Levi (by far my #1 most hated)

Aiden (and everything else from that category)

Madison 

Anything Mc for a girl (McKenzie, McKenna, etc)

so true, anything "Mc ish" 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hannah, Matilda, Claire, Mary.

Any name that ends -lee, -ley or especially -leigh

Any name that rhymes with Addison or -ayla

Any name that starts with Mc. 

Any male name on a girl.

Any name of a city, state or country. 

• Definitely Teagan and Keegan.  They are just not names I would choose.  EVER.  I think they are so ugly and harsh sounding.  I think it's the G in the middle.  These particular names bother me the most of any, but I would never name my child Logan or Morgan, either.  I also hate the name Nevaeh.  (Oh, how CLEVER!  It's heaven spelled backwards! *slap on the forehead*)  I know someone who named her twins Heaven and Neveah and it took all I had not to say  "What were you thinking?" lol
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLaurenCase89:
    Mine are Hayeden, Brayden, Jayden, Caeden, and anything similar to that. They just bug me!

I agree.  This "-aden" trend has got to go.  Unfortunately, I know kids with every single one of these names!  It seems like whenever someone has a boy, these are the only names they choose!

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't mean to offend, but...

I hate the names Sofia or Sophie. They just make me think of sofas or soap depending on the spelling and those are not particularly exciting items to think of. I don't get how this name is so popular? 

As a New Yorker, I concur with the Brooklyn hate. I feel like it's sort of ironic that this name has become popular, though I guess the Brooklyn hipsters are all about irony. 

I am really sick of people using the middle names Marie, Grace, or Rose. It seems lazy and uncreative to me. (This may be my personal opinion since I go by my middle name and I am really glad my parents didn't give me a throwaway middle name like Lee, the most popular one among girls my age.)

Shana
    Baby girl born July 6th 2012 at 40w2d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am getting pretty tired of the -aden, -ton, and -or boy names. For girl names, anything with superfluous letters, or Y and I switched for no apparent reason. I mean, I know that if you are of Scandinavian heritage, that's just how you spell it. But, if you just want to name her Sandi for no reason, it's giving her a life of having people spell her name wrong. I am convinced that Marylin parents are just trying to confuse us and trick us into spelling it as Marilyn. Jessyca, Kaytelyn, etc really take the cake for me, though.

Nevaeh is maybe the worst of all, especially with the middle name Tnes. Did the parents meet while shopping at Erehwon?

Also, David. I know tons of Davids, most of them are @ssholes, and I am starting to think it's something about the name, because they have nothing else in common!

• imageSuperCuteBenz:

I don't think I really hate any names. Maybe Neveah.

I love different names though. My DD is Addison, which most people on this board hate, so I am shocked it isn't mentioned here. My DS is Ryne, which isn't even on the radar.

Well, that's a baseball name! I bet a lot of people like it for that reason. : )

It was on our boy name list because my husband proposed to me on opening day at Wrigley, and we had our wedding reception there. So, Ryne and Ivy appeared on our name list. It's very personal (for us anyhow), and if anybody complained, we were prepared to ask them if they'd prefer we named him Gabby (after the catcher Hartnett) or Hack (after power hitter and outfielder Wilson).

• Remembered another...

Guy.

I hate the name Guy. And I seem to know a lot of them. (Guys named Guy. Not just guys.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMamasaurus:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

I don't think I really hate any names. Maybe Neveah.

I love different names though. My DD is Addison, which most people on this board hate, so I am shocked it isn't mentioned here. My DS is Ryne, which isn't even on the radar.

Well, that's a baseball name! I bet a lot of people like it for that reason. : )

It was on our boy name list because my husband proposed to me on opening day at Wrigley, and we had our wedding reception there. So, Ryne and Ivy appeared on our name list. It's very personal (for us anyhow), and if anybody complained, we were prepared to ask them if they'd prefer we named him Gabby (after the catcher Hartnett) or Hack (after power hitter and outfielder Wilson).

That is exactly why we picked it! My husband came into this relationship with that name, and there wasn't any way that I would be able to talk him out of it. He loves the Cubs. 

It seems you either love it or hate it around here. I think the majority of people think we made it up. Eh, I love it! Ivy is cute too!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Isabella. I can't stand it. Not just because I hate the big twilight naming trend, I just really dislike that name. To me is sounds like you are trying to hard to be trendy.
  • London.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • oh... and Asher.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • My overall most hated might be Colton.  I've seen it spelled so many horrendous ways - Kolten, Colten, Koltyn, etc.  I don't like any of the -aiden names, I also hate Brooklyn and Brielle. 
    BFP #1: 10.28.11 - Natural M/C: 12.9.11 @9w3d
    BFP #2: 1.30.12 - missed m/c found on 2.27.12 - D&C 3.1.12 @8w 
    BFP #3: 1.02.13 / EDD 8.31.13 / It's a boy!  - Baby Henry born 8.14.13
    BFP #4: 9.28.14 / EDD 5.27.15 / It's a girl! 

• Isla and Declan

• I would say my #1 most hated is Makayla. Or however you spell it.

There are a bunch of girl names that scream stripper and/or 80's to me: Brittney, Noelle, Emily, Jessica, Whitney, Nicole, Chloe, Tiffany, etc etc

Hate the Aiden variations.

Really find Elizabeth to be sooooooo incredibly boring.  Same with Susan, Sarah, Catherine, Jennifer, William, Michael, John, David....basically any of those supposedly "classic" names that were sooooo popular when I was in school and there were a million of them.

Then there are the dog names.  Like Cooper.  Cooper is a dog name, not a kid name. So is Parker.  And for that matter, so are Chloe and Sadie.  But nothing bothers me as much as Cooper. 

It also really bothers me when a child's full name is something that is traditionally a nickname.  Like Liam. Or Xander. Or Gracie.  To me those are all NNs and shouldn't be the full legal name. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Bertha, Ruth and Gus
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"