1st Trimester
Options

OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

Re: OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

• Options
    Ok well its not made up drama, I replied to the post a min after reading what I read. I am dead serious. My inital intention was to have a water birth, hoping to use as little drugs as possible. So im freaked out enough to swing the complete opposite way. But I will talk to my OB about all this. I was excited to be in labor and to be pregnant. And still am but all that scared the crap out of me and I still am. I realize I over reacted and none of you know me. But so far everyone has been really supportive of all the crazy fears and ridiculous questions that are asked. So I felt comfortable being freaked out. It does not bother me that people are being tacky and harsh. It just goes to show what kind of people they are. And a side note I have no idea what 90% of the abbreviations used on here are!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    imagejenifairies:
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well first off I have no idea this was such a hot button topic. Second I have no idea what MUD is?! Third I never thought birth an any form was a cake walk, easy or using crisco would just let the baby fall out!! I just had no idea that all this happened and the details of what happens. It totally freaks me out. I never thought well great the stork will drop the baby off or yes a surgery is going to be a cake walk. I am aware either way they are both hard work. But I dont want my vagina for those who dont like whoo hoo, was going to be so tramatized in so many ways!! Either way this was not meant to start a lashing of ridiculous! I was just totally freaked out. Thanks to those who were supportive!! 

I bet if you said "I don't want a c-section, no way, no how!....." People wouldn't be as mean. There's a stigma about not wanting a vaginal birth, trust me there are some flame throwers out there that would almost rather have a baby die than have it be cut out of them. God forbid it not be "natural." Just saying, there are fears with everything in life, don't let this be one of your biggest. 

Just to clear things up for you, I had zero interest in a natural birth. I had a planned c/s that I opted for (like I said above, I had medical reasons, but it wasn't a requirement). I frankly don't care if people want the planned c/s in a hospital or a home birth in a tub or anything in between - it's the immaturity and stupidity coming from the OP that's the issue here.

Agreed, but we're all mom's on here and I think instead of making people feel stupid our remarks should be a little more helpful to someone who has no idea what to expect. C-section or vaginal birth, it's scary. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c-section, not by choice. When i was younger i thought all I wanted was a c-section, thought it would be easier. I tried natural, but she wouldnt come(10lb baby) So they had to do a c-section. They couldnt get my numb enough so they had to put me completly out to do the c-section. This may not happen to you, but it was really sad not being awake when my daughter was born, not being the 1st to see or hold her. And recovery was a b**ch. You have plenty of time do decide what to do. Just keep your mind open. If you havent even had your 1st appointment yet, you may see things differently as time goes on.  GL with whatever you choose.
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well its not made up drama, I replied to the post a min after reading what I read. I am dead serious. My inital intention was to have a water birth, hoping to use as little drugs as possible. So im freaked out enough to swing the complete opposite way. But I will talk to my OB about all this. I was excited to be in labor and to be pregnant. And still am but all that scared the crap out of me and I still am. I realize I over reacted and none of you know me. But so far everyone has been really supportive of all the crazy fears and ridiculous questions that are asked. So I felt comfortable being freaked out. It does not bother me that people are being tacky and harsh. It just goes to show what kind of people they are. And a side note I have no idea what 90% of the abbreviations used on here are!!

like I said before, it's completely normal to be freaked out... I think it was that your OP (original post) came off as ignorant, if you know what I mean.  I've had a csection and 2 vaginal births and trust me none of them were a walk in the park, but I have a cute vag now again (sodelish told me so) and it's all good :)

There is a bump board glossary on the bottom of the left hand column under "my boards" that lists all the abbreviations for you: link

• Options
    imagekcvasquez:

Ummmmm.....in no way was I saying anyone in this post was referring to rather having a baby die than a c-section. But TRUST ME when I tell you I have been on that natural birth board plenty of time and literally one comment written was "it's not in God's will to have your baby born any other way than vaginally. No medical intervention whatsoever." I was in shock when I read this, and I couldn't find the nerve to respond. So it is out there. Obviously people posting here seem to have more common sense, but I have been made to feel bad about my c-section so I hate it when other's use the term "real birth" or the "normal way to have a birth" when referring to a vaginal birth. I don't take c-section lightly and I am considering a VBAC myself. I don't appreciate smart ass remarks though thank you very much. 

May I kindly suggest that if this is the case, the internet might not be the right fit for you? 

OP - I actually get what you're saying about just freaking out. I had a freak out moment too, when I saw Knocked Up during my first pregnancy. 

I think it might help to remember that women have been giving birth since the dawn of time - and with a lot less medical knowledge than we have now. Yes, birth can be scary and crazy and painful, the pain fades and the scars heal with time. Plus you get a cool story to share with other moms.

I also suggest maybe reading some birth stories, and I would highly recommend taking a thorough class. Even if you don't plan on a med free birth, those Bradley/Lamaze/Hypnobirthing classes are chock full of information, and information usually goes a long way towards relieving fear. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

Ummmmm.....in no way was I saying anyone in this post was referring to rather having a baby die than a c-section. But TRUST ME when I tell you I have been on that natural birth board plenty of time and literally one comment written was "it's not in God's will to have your baby born any other way than vaginally. No medical intervention whatsoever." I was in shock when I read this, and I couldn't find the nerve to respond. So it is out there. Obviously people posting here seem to have more common sense, but I have been made to feel bad about my c-section so I hate it when other's use the term "real birth" or the "normal way to have a birth" when referring to a vaginal birth. I don't take c-section lightly and I am considering a VBAC myself. I don't appreciate smart ass remarks though thank you very much. 

May I kindly suggest that if this is the case, the internet might not be the right fit for you? 

OP - I actually get what you're saying about just freaking out. I had a freak out moment too, when I saw Knocked Up during my first pregnancy. 

I think it might help to remember that women have been giving birth since the dawn of time - and with a lot less medical knowledge than we have now. Yes, birth can be scary and crazy and painful, he pain fades and the scars heal with time. Plus you get a cool story to share with other moms.

I also suggest maybe reading some birth stories, and I would highly recommend taking a thorough class. Even if you don't plan on a med free birth, those Bradley/Lamaze/Hypnobirthing classes are chock full of information, and information usually goes a long way towards relieving fear. 

May I kindly suggest that you are rude. And it's nice that you are all of a sudden being nice to OP after you and a few others belittled her. 

• Options
    imagekcvasquez:

May I kindly suggest that you are rude. And it's nice that you are all of a sudden being nice to OP after you and a few others belittled her. 

I said her first post was nonsense and it was. She has since replied with a more calm, thought out post that I can understand and use to give relevant advice, so I did. Is that ok with you?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

I said her first post was nonsense and it was. She has since replied with a more calm, thought out post that I can understand and use to give relevant advice, so I did. Is that ok with you?

I pph you, for real!

• Options
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

Yes, thank you for asking permission. 

• Options
    imageStrauberri:
    imageCherryStarburst:
    imagesodelish:

I heard if you have a vaj birth it (the vaj) might fall out and never fully go back in. Plus, tampons won't stay in anymore.

Totally true... I have to rubberband 10 together and wedge them up in that bish.

OMG - I'm dying over here.

HAHAHA I literally just laughed out loud. DH asked what was funny and after I told him he was laughing! I also call MUD on this one. And yes I'm lurking from the 3rd trimester board.

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:

Definitely lurking here bc I'm bored but I have to say STOP googling!! Honestly ignorance is bliss with some things about being pregnant. I decided pretty early on that I was only going to decide what medication I wanted and didn't want during labor and other than that I wasn't going to delve too much deeper into exactly what was going to happen to my body. I feel like the more I knew the more freaked out I'd get. That's why there's a team of doctors and nurses there...bc they know what they are doing and are there to take care of you and get your baby out alive and healthy. Just trust in them and stop reading scary articles!!

• Options
    I just want to say that a vaginal birth isn't always easier than a c-section to those who claim it is. It took 9 weeks for my stitches to heal from a vaginal birth; six months before I didn't have random pain from sitting; and one year before sex stopped being excrutriatingly painful. I am having a section with this baby because of the complications I had with DS. With that said, OP, stop being a pansy. The chances that a vaginal delivery will be easier are much greater than not. If you find a doctor who will perform an unnecessary surgery due to you being a pansy, then congratulations. You found yourself a quack.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    srbmvpsrbmvp member

double post, sorry

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well I def want to thank all of you who have been so supportive. Esp mrs.vazques!! Seriously thank you! To those of you who have been so rude and tacky I hope your proud of yourselves for being that way. Sad that your supposed to be supportive to new moms your not very good at it. Thanks ladies and to those who thought it was MUD glad your so entertained by my terror!! I will talk to my OB tomarrow and be more careful of future posts!
  • Options

For the record, I had two fantastic c-sections and would recommend them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageAnnaRedhead:

imagebreeburgos:

Definitely lurking here bc I'm bored but I have to say STOP googling!! Honestly ignorance is bliss with some things about being pregnant. I decided pretty early on that I was only going to decide what medication I wanted and didn't want during labor and other than that I wasn't going to delve too much deeper into exactly what was going to happen to my body. I feel like the more I knew the more freaked out I'd get. That's why there's a team of doctors and nurses there...bc they know what they are doing and are there to take care of you and get your baby out alive and healthy. Just trust in them and stop reading scary articles!!

eh....I can't say I agree with this 100%.  I think there is no harm in good education and being able to make an informed decision.  There are doctors who make decisions on what is best for themselves. Do you know the c-section rate increases dramtically around 5:00 and again around 9:00 at night? That can't be just coincidence.

At my hospital, the nurses laugh at the idea of going into labor naturally because so many of our local doctors encourage inductions. I can't say I believe so many women benefit from induction versus starting labor naturally. 

You are right, there is fear to be found on google, but I think making informed decisions about choosing a practitioner and guiding your own birth is wise too.

• Options

imagebreeburgos:
    I will talk to my OB tomarrow and be more careful of future posts!

Regardless of how "tacky," you think the people on this forum are this is always a good idea. What you type here goes out to anyone in the world who chooses to read it. There is really no reason to not take a second to breathe, calm down, and think about how you're presenting yourself before you hit post.

• Options
    imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    imageAnnaRedhead:

imagebreeburgos:

eh....I can't say I agree with this 100%.  I think there is no harm in good education and being able to make an informed decision.  There are doctors who make decisions on what is best for themselves. Do you know the c-section rate increases dramtically around 5:00 and again around 9:00 at night? That can't be just coincidence.

At my hospital, the nurses laugh at the idea of going into labor naturally because so many of our local doctors encourage inductions. I can't say I believe so many women benefit from induction versus starting labor naturally. 

You are right, there is fear to be found on google, but I think making informed decisions about choosing a practitioner and guiding your own birth is wise too.

Oh I agree...we definitely made informed decisions on choosing our practioner and I have known from the get go that I definitely want an epidural and what medications I absolutely don't want. I'm just not going to read articles and what not about what's going to happen to my vag and how bad tearing can be and what not. Those things are absolutely out of my control and therefore there's no sense in freaking myself out about it. That's what I meant by the whole ignorance is bliss thing...not to go in completely blind but just a little blind about certain things if that makes any sense:)

• Options
    Um..I have two children and my whoo-hoo is just fine, tyvm!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah well im not good at calming down sometimes. I AM NEW at being pregnant and obviously freaked out. Those of you who have been pregnant before or are mothers have the benefit of already knowing. I dont like you rach03k!! So do ME a favor and dont be such a rude ass****!! How about that! I think its ridiculous about all the preaching when your acting like mean girls in high school!! I dont see any reason to be rude, mean, and hurtful until you have an actual reason or personal attack coming at you!! Let me tell you I dont put up with it. Come at me and im gonna come right back. Quit responding if its such b/s for you!
  • Options
    imagekcvasquez:

imageStephchern:
    I had a c-section with my first and it was horrible!! Very painful and you still bleed like you would after having a vaginal birth. I'm hoping to have this baby the right way this time. Last time I spent 4 weeks just trying to recoup from the c-section that I couldn't really enjoy my time off with the baby.

I think it's sad you think there is a "right way" for a baby to come out :(  I feel that anyway a baby comes out alive is the right way. 

YesYes

TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    By the way the article I read was on this website not google!! I would never have even thought to look it up.
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:
    Yeah well im not good at calming down sometimes. I AM NEW at being pregnant and obviously freaked out. Those of you who have been pregnant before or are mothers have the benefit of already knowing. I dont like you rach03k!! So do ME a favor and dont be such a rude ass****!! How about that! I think its ridiculous about all the preaching when your acting like mean girls in high school!! I dont see any reason to be rude, mean, and hurtful until you have an actual reason or personal attack coming at you!! Let me tell you I dont put up with it. Come at me and im gonna come right back. Quit responding if its such b/s for you!

Um, in my first post to you I told you I wasn't trying to be unkind to clarify my tone, as it can be hard on the internet to determine if someone is trying to be mean. You replied back to me unkindly, and now you're yelling at people for being rude?

• Options

imagebreeburgos:

Okay.  Rach03k is probably the nicest person on TB.  Fo realz.  She's giving you great advice without any sugar coating.  If you need sugar coating, TB probably isn't the place you should come.  She said nothing rude, but kept everything truthful.  When it comes to pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting, everything becomes pretty blunt.  No need to callsomeone a rude ass****...yet Rach is the mean one?  Yeah, ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

I've been waiting to pull out my snark but it's just not coming out.

OP, you can freak out all you want. Maybe take a few seconds before posting it here. Now and as you move along in the trimester boards you get slapped in the face with more and more snark. You have to learn to take it in stride.  The people who called you out for being more concerned over how your vagina looks then possible safety (I say possible because you never know what will happen in 6 months that could change anything to do with your birth and you don't know that it would be safer for yourself and the baby to have a c-section or a vaginal birth) are correct. If you are so damn concerned with how your vag looks maybe you should have thought of that before getting pregnant.

However, this is a chat board and people can say what they want (within reason before the mods step in) so you want to put out there that you don't want your whoo hoo damaged then there will be people who think you are immature and selfish. There are also people who will stand behind you and tell you that surgery was so awesome and worth it.

FTR My DH loves my vag now. I had some scar tissue from pushing out a 12lb-er and it definitely didn't stretch it out in there. I would rather that then having to deal with painful scars months after the fact. (this is based on what I've heard through friends that they've had itching and sore-ness at the incision site for over 6 months. A few months of mild discomfort and my tear site was fine.)

ETA: maybe a little bit of snark came out after all. lol.

Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageames17:
    Ask your doc about the stork option. Totally painless.

LOL!!! 

• Options

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well I get that I am gonna bleed anyway, that is fine. But this sizzle, ass soaking, witch hazel, tear my ass open, ripping itchy stitches b/s is in no way going down!! ITS MY VAGINA damn it. This baby is taking over and thats ok i am sooo happy. But its my vagina and I have to have it forever!! I can work my ass off for new abs lift tuck whatever!! No amount of keagle is gonna fix my ish! Plus the advise of the keagle after birth um excuse me but WHEN my vagina has now merged with my ass!! Im swollen what exactly would you like my to squeeze?!! ok im laughing a little as i freak out but seriously!! NO way too much! 

don't worry to much everything goes back to norm. and you may not tear, just let you body do what it needs to do. GL 

• Options

https://www.childbirthconnection.org/pdfs/evidence-based-maternity-care.pdf

If you read anything in this paper, start at page 35. A lot of great information is in there. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and easy labor :)

• Options
    You are a damn idiot!!! Grow the F up Confused
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:
    I am a first timer, being prego everything!! I just read that article on what happens to your whoo-hoo after giving birth. NO, ABSOLUTLY NO F****** WAY!! I am getting a c-section!! No way is my buisness gonna be that messed up!! I am so glad i have my first OB appt tomarrow and that is #1 on my list of this is NOT gonna happen. If she does not like it I will look until I find someone that does!! Ok vent over thanks for listening....STILL TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!!

Chill out. It'll be fine.  My vagina looks just fine.

Now, I need to make sure that noone in my real-life ever finds out my screenname on here, because if they do a google search of it, "My vagina looks just fine" will be the first thing they see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagekcvasquez:

imageStephchern:
    I had a c-section with my first and it was horrible!! Very painful and you still bleed like you would after having a vaginal birth. I'm hoping to have this baby the right way this time. Last time I spent 4 weeks just trying to recoup from the c-section that I couldn't really enjoy my time off with the baby.

I think it's sad you think there is a "right way" for a baby to come out :(  I feel that anyway a baby comes out alive is the right way. 

I think it's sad that you thought this comment was necessary.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekcvasquez:
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

I think it might help to remember that women have been giving birth since the dawn of time - and with a lot less medical knowledge than we have now. Yes, birth can be scary and crazy and painful, he pain fades and the scars heal with time. Plus you get a cool story to share with other moms.

Another bright spark. Jesus. 

image Josephine is 4.
  • Options
    I find it hillarious when people act like a 3 yr old about having a child.
  • Options

How could you not know before getting pregnant that this is how babies are born? I tore with DD, not too bad but enough to need some stitches, and I healed just fine. Everything looks the way it did before having her.

C/S are major abdominal surgery and I think you are minimizing that. 

Also, OP, just a friendly reminder that you are = you're, NOT your. Sorry, one of my biggest pet peeves. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    imagesunnyday016:

How could you not know before getting pregnant that this is how babies are born? 

C/S are major abdominal surgery and I think you are minimizing that. 

Also, OP, just a friendly reminder that you are = you're, NOT your. Sorry, one of my biggest pet peeves. 

This...

also, tomorrow. not tomarrow.  

10.2.10 Married my best friend! 12.26.10 BFP 8.27.11 Baby Logan's born
  • Options
    erwonerwon member

Why is it when people start talking about their right to choose delivery methods the benefits for the baby (and mother!) going through a vaginal birth fly out the window!?

Babies born via c-section don't go through the birth canal, and thus are not exposed to a multitude of healthy bacteria.  This bacteria is important for the proper formation of the baby's immune system and digestion track.

Babies born vaginally have had the amniotic fluid squeezed from their lungs, thus helping breathing after birth.

Mothers undergoing c-sections have delayed or impaired milk production for breastfeeding.

Finally, mothers and babies of vaginal deliveries experience significantly higher levels of oxytocin (the love hormone) and therefore experience significantly higher amounts of bonding.

• Options
    I'm calling teenager. I taught high school and I recognize that mentality/maturity level a mile away. If you weren't prepared for how the baby comes out, then you should have tried not to get knocked up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Zoe was born 2/24/12 (17 days early) and Isabella is so excited to be a big sis! Thinking about having one more kiddo...we'll see. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKRISTA555:

imagebreeburgos:
    I am a first timer, being prego everything!! I just read that article on what happens to your whoo-hoo after giving birth. NO, ABSOLUTLY NO F****** WAY!! I am getting a c-section!! No way is my buisness gonna be that messed up!! I am so glad i have my first OB appt tomarrow and that is #1 on my list of this is NOT gonna happen. If she does not like it I will look until I find someone that does!! Ok vent over thanks for listening....STILL TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!!

Chill out. It'll be fine.  My vagina looks just fine.

Now, I need to make sure that noone in my real-life ever finds out my screenname on here, because if they do a google search of it, "My vagina looks just fine" will be the first thing they see.

LMAO!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Zoe was born 2/24/12 (17 days early) and Isabella is so excited to be a big sis! Thinking about having one more kiddo...we'll see. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    c-sections are MAJOR surgery.  You don't want to do that unless it is medically necessary.  I had DD naturally and trust me, my "business" is just fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh wow.

Let's just remember that women have been giving birth for oh, millions of years, and they've survived. You will too. Your body will prepare itself to give birth and by stressing out all you're going to do is make things worse for you AND your baby.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"