1st Trimester
Options

OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

I am a first timer, being prego everything!! I just read that article on what happens to your whoo-hoo after giving birth. NO, ABSOLUTLY NO F****** WAY!! I am getting a c-section!! No way is my buisness gonna be that messed up!! I am so glad i have my first OB appt tomarrow and that is #1 on my list of this is NOT gonna happen. If she does not like it I will look until I find someone that does!! Ok vent over thanks for listening....STILL TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

• Options
    I had a c-section with my first and it was horrible!! Very painful and you still bleed like you would after having a vaginal birth. I'm hoping to have this baby the right way this time. Last time I spent 4 weeks just trying to recoup from the c-section that I couldn't really enjoy my time off with the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Honestly, a csection is a lot harder on you than vaginal birth. The recovery time is longer, and its bigger surgery.

I had a vaginal delivery and 28 stitches. That thing was TORE UP! I promise it went back to normal though. And it still feels normal (Yes, I asked my husband) ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Its not that bad. I had a vaginal the first time around and hope to this time around. I had a pretty quick recovery, I walked to my recovery room from the Labor and Delivery room. I had some stiches, I never asked how many, didnt really care. I didnt have any complications or anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had nightmares about natural birth since we started trying last year.  But c-section makes you worse off recovery wise from what I've heard from friends (all had bad experiences).  I don't think there is a good ideal way to get the baby out either way, as long as he/she comes out healthy, haha!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a c-section and it was AWESOME!  The recovery was a breeze and it did not keep me from doing anything with/for my baby.  I think it's all in the Dr. and how good or bad of a surgeon he is.  I am so looking forward to having another one with this babe!  
  • Options

imageStephchern:
    I had a c-section with my first and it was horrible!! Very painful and you still bleed like you would after having a vaginal birth. I'm hoping to have this baby the right way this time. Last time I spent 4 weeks just trying to recoup from the c-section that I couldn't really enjoy my time off with the baby.

I think it's sad you think there is a "right way" for a baby to come out :(  I feel that anyway a baby comes out alive is the right way. 

• Options

Are you trying to be funny? I don't mean to be unkind but it seems kinda immature to be pregnant and just now learning about how babies get out of your body.

As someone else said, c sections can be dangerous and take you a longer time to recover.  If your baby can be delivered vaginally, it's really better for them in terms of squeezing fluid out of their lungs.  I hope you'll keep an open mind. GL

• Options
    Ok well I get that I am gonna bleed anyway, that is fine. But this sizzle, ass soaking, witch hazel, tear my ass open, ripping itchy stitches b/s is in no way going down!! ITS MY VAGINA damn it. This baby is taking over and thats ok i am sooo happy. But its my vagina and I have to have it forever!! I can work my ass off for new abs lift tuck whatever!! No amount of keagle is gonna fix my ish! Plus the advise of the keagle after birth um excuse me but WHEN my vagina has now merged with my ass!! Im swollen what exactly would you like my to squeeze?!! ok im laughing a little as i freak out but seriously!! NO way too much! 
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well I get that I am gonna bleed anyway, that is fine. But this sizzle, ass soaking, witch hazel, tear my ass open, ripping itchy stitches b/s is in no way going down!! ITS MY VAGINA damn it. This baby is taking over and thats ok i am sooo happy. But its my vagina and I have to have it forever!! I can work my ass off for new abs lift tuck whatever!! No amount of keagle is gonna fix my ish! Plus the advise of the keagle after birth um excuse me but WHEN my vagina has now merged with my ass!! Im swollen what exactly would you like my to squeeze?!! ok im laughing a little as i freak out but seriously!! NO way too much! 

I don't know what it's like to have a vaginal birth but I will tell you that a c-section is no walk in the park either. You're not allowed to drive for six weeks or lift anything heavier than the baby. I hate it when people have bad experiences with c-section and feel bad about having them because I feel that if your baby is alive you should be happy. However that being said I know for a fact women who have had both a c-section and vaginal birth and these women in particular said they would choose a c-section any day over a vaginal birth. My aunt, one of these women told me she tore all the way down to the anus and it was more traumatizing than her c-section. So there are bad and good things about both. Either way you're going to be in pain, personally I wouldn't have chose for a c-section but I have a beautiful alive healthy baby boy so I am happy no matter how he came out. 

• Options
    @guppysown UM no im not trying to be funny, although it is a little funny that im so scared. But are you serious?!! Obviously im not JUST learning how babies are birthed. That is just a really stupid ass rude comment!! But I never knew the actual details of everything that happens. Its terrifying for me and i just voiced my opinion, maybe the next time you have a thought you should just let it go!
  • Options

imageryaroberts:
    I had a c-section and it was AWESOME!  The recovery was a breeze and it did not keep me from doing anything with/for my baby.  I think it's all in the Dr. and how good or bad of a surgeon he is.  I am so looking forward to having another one with this babe!  

I agree! Mine was so easy. I was blessed to heal very quickly. After 2 easy days in the hospital, it was like I was never cut open :) Everyone was amazed at how great I was feeling. I KNOW that I had an awesome surgeon, I'm looking forward to him cutting me open again this time! :) Without the labor before part!

• Options

imageryaroberts:

Also thank you for this! My c-section was good too, I feel bad for people who have bad experiences with c-sections but hello! there are bad vaginal experiences out there too! People just assume it's easier (vaginal birth) because that's what they've been told, not everyone's experience is like that! It makes me happy to see people who are happy and okay with a c-section!  

• Options
    imagemarissaw5:

imageryaroberts:

I agree! Mine was so easy. I was blessed to heal very quickly. After 2 easy days in the hospital, it was like I was never cut open :) Everyone was amazed at how great I was feeling. I KNOW that I had an awesome surgeon, I'm looking forward to him cutting me open again this time! :) Without the labor before part!

Thank God that I didn't have to go thru the laboring before part!  I had high BP and he was breech so a c-section was the only way he was coming out and I was 100% okay with that.  Also OP, my Dr. lets you choose if you want to deliver vaginally or by c-section so there are Dr.'s out there who will let you decide.  Of course he would've cautioned me either way if something medically would have been an issue, but ultimately he let's you choose.  We know our bodies best and what is best for ourselves.  I think that's the way Dr.'s should be.

• Options

I heard if you have a vaj birth it (the vaj) might fall out and never fully go back in. Plus, tampons won't stay in anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mmkerrmmkerr member
    Well aren't you just a peach.
  • Options

Suck it up. Birth is not pretty or painless either way. I had a scheduled c/s for medical reasons, and it was NO cake walk.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I can only tell you that I've done it both ways now.  Vaginally with my first, C/S with my second.  I'd do a vaginal delivery a million times over before doing another C/S.

Oh, and I still had a slight vaginal prolapse after my C/S.  So don't assume that just because you have a C/S that you'll have a vag of steel after.  Apparently it's pretty common...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

Sometimes there can be injury yes, but c sections are absolutely no walk in the park. My section was far and away worse than labour. Recovery was slow, and agonizing. I'd much rather have had to sit on some cold packs for a few weeks.

Also, really? you're pregnant and you just thought of this now? It seems... off somehow. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you tell your OB  you don't want to birth because of "whoo hoo" injury.

image Josephine is 4.
  • Options

imagebreeburgos:

Oh, and it's not just bleeding. It's clots - like think of bloody goo the size of golf balls falling out after, even if you're not going to push out the baby. :)

• Options
    ames71ames71 member
    Ask your doc about the stork option. Totally painless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    What the eff did you think was going to happen?? That you could put a little Crisco down there and the baby would just bolt out like a luger? What is the matter with you?
    Aiden 6-17-2008 Baby #2 due December 22, 2011
  • Options
    i call MUD
    God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLucyGoosey81:

Oh, and I still had a slight vaginal prolapse after my C/S.  So don't assume that just because you have a C/S that you'll have a vag of steel after.  Apparently it's pretty common...

I didn't know this was possible! Yikes.. Did you labor beforehand? How does it happen? 

• Options
    imagesodelish:

I heard if you have a vaj birth it (the vaj) might fall out and never fully go back in. Plus, tampons won't stay in anymore.

Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, ya know?
  • Options
    Ok well first off I have no idea this was such a hot button topic. Second I have no idea what MUD is?! Third I never thought birth an any form was a cake walk, easy or using crisco would just let the baby fall out!! I just had no idea that all this happened and the details of what happens. It totally freaks me out. I never thought well great the stork will drop the baby off or yes a surgery is going to be a cake walk. I am aware either way they are both hard work. But I dont want my vagina for those who dont like whoo hoo, was going to be so tramatized in so many ways!! Either way this was not meant to start a lashing of ridiculous! I was just totally freaked out. Thanks to those who were supportive!! 
  • Options
    imagesodelish:

Totally true... I have to rubberband 10 together and wedge them up in that bish.

• Options
    imageCherryStarburst:
    imagesodelish:

Totally true... I have to rubberband 10 together and wedge them up in that bish.

HA HA HA!

• Options

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well first off I have no idea this was such a hot button topic. Second I have no idea what MUD is?! Third I never thought birth an any form was a cake walk, easy or using crisco would just let the baby fall out!! I just had no idea that all this happened and the details of what happens. It totally freaks me out. I never thought well great the stork will drop the baby off or yes a surgery is going to be a cake walk. I am aware either way they are both hard work. But I dont want my vagina for those who dont like whoo hoo, was going to be so tramatized in so many ways!! Either way this was not meant to start a lashing of ridiculous! I was just totally freaked out. Thanks to those who were supportive!! 

I bet if you said "I don't want a c-section, no way, no how!....." People wouldn't be as mean. There's a stigma about not wanting a vaginal birth, trust me there are some flame throwers out there that would almost rather have a baby die than have it be cut out of them. God forbid it not be "natural." Just saying, there are fears with everything in life, don't let this be one of your biggest. 

• Options
    imageCherryStarburst:
    imagesodelish:

OMG - I'm dying over here.

• Options
    imageCherryStarburst:
    imagesodelish:

If you would have used crisco as mentioned above (it works, btw, from what "they" say), you may have avoided that issue.

• Options
    imageKara5109:
    imagesodelish:

Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway, ya know?

:: spits out water on computer screen ::

• Options
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:

I bet if you said "I don't want a c-section, no way, no how!....." People wouldn't be as mean. There's a stigma about not wanting a vaginal birth, trust me there are some flame throwers out there that would almost rather have a baby die than have it be cut out of them. God forbid it not be "natural." Just saying, there are fears with everything in life, don't let this be one of your biggest. 

There is a huge difference between saving a baby's life and "OMG, I am DEMANDING a c-section because I don't want my vag not to be pretty."

• Options

imagebreeburgos:

MUD stands for Made Up Drama, which this smells a lot like.

however, on the off chance that you are actually serious...  It is totally normal to be nervous and scared about the birth process... either way the baby comes out it is not going to be easy, your body will be changed but you get a soft squishy baby so it's all good :)

talk to your care provider about how you are feeling and I'm sure they will be able to help and encourage you.

• Options
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:

That statement is almost as ridiculous as the OP. 

FWIW, I have had both a c/s and a vaginal birth and I preferred the vaginal birth. I support mothers who choose elective caesareans, but I retain the right to ridicule the kind of nonsense present in this post.

OP - trust me when I tell you that pregnancy, birth, and parenthood are not always going to be pretty. Quite frankly, the way your "ish" looks is probably not going to be high on your list of concerns in the very near future. Best of luck to you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:

Just to clear things up for you, I had zero interest in a natural birth. I had a planned c/s that I opted for (like I said above, I had medical reasons, but it wasn't a requirement). I frankly don't care if people want the planned c/s in a hospital or a home birth in a tub or anything in between - it's the immaturity and stupidity coming from the OP that's the issue here.

• Options
    mmkerrmmkerr member
    imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:

There is a huge difference between saving a baby's life and "OMG, I am DEMANDING a c-section because I don't want my vag not to be pretty."

No, no. "Whoo hoo". Get it right. ;)  

• Options
    imagesodelish:
    imageCherryStarburst:
    imagesodelish:

If you would have used crisco as mentioned above (it works, btw, from what "they" say), you may have avoided that issue.

We were out of Crisco so I had to improvise with Pam.  Stupid fvcking Pam ::grumble:: kicks rocks ::grumble::

• Options
    imagemarissaw5:
    imageLucyGoosey81:

I didn't know this was possible! Yikes.. Did you labor beforehand? How does it happen? 

You're tellin' me!  No labor beforehand.  I think it was from the baby sitting so low?  I don't know, but the doctor wasn't surprised by it at all.  I should have asked for more information.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    srbmvpsrbmvp member

If you are truly freaking out about this... let me give you a quick reassurance. I had a 4th degree tear with my son. What that is, is litterally a tear from one hole to the next! Yes, it really was that bad. It took the Dr. about as long to stitch me back up as it did to push my son out.

That all being said, the Dr. did a wonderful job with his stitching, and 6 weeks later, I was good to go. I have actually asked my husband to carefully inspect things, and he says everything looks the way it should, feels the way it should, etc. Post-partum, it's like nothing ever happened down there.

So please don't be scared of a vaginal birth. Yes, the first few weeks after can be a little uncomfortable. But they would be with a c-section too.

Just focus on getting your baby out healthy, and you'll be fine!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:

That statement is almost as ridiculous as the OP. 

FWIW, I have had both a c/s and a vaginal birth and I preferred the vaginal birth. I support mothers who choose elective caesareans, but I retain the right to ridicule the kind of nonsense present in this post.

OP - trust me when I tell you that pregnancy, birth, and parenthood are not always going to be pretty. Quite frankly, the way your "ish" looks is probably not going to be high on your list of concerns in the very near future. Best of luck to you.

Ummmmm.....in no way was I saying anyone in this post was referring to rather having a baby die than a c-section. But TRUST ME when I tell you I have been on that natural birth board plenty of time and literally one comment written was "it's not in God's will to have your baby born any other way than vaginally. No medical intervention whatsoever." I was in shock when I read this, and I couldn't find the nerve to respond. So it is out there. Obviously people posting here seem to have more common sense, but I have been made to feel bad about my c-section so I hate it when other's use the term "real birth" or the "normal way to have a birth" when referring to a vaginal birth. I don't take c-section lightly and I am considering a VBAC myself. I don't appreciate smart ass remarks though thank you very much. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"