December 2010 Moms
Options

Migraine = pre-labor hormone changes?

Or am I just being hopeful that the near-vomit-inducing haze of pain that was my night may actually have served a purpose?

It started last night with the vision changes and ocular migraine (aura) at 9pm. I vainly hoped I could sleep thru it.  Silly me forgot that I've not slept straight thru a night in years.  Woke up at midnight in the middle of a full-blown migraine.  Spent the next couple hours in hell before falling asleep from sheer exhaustion.

Typically my migraines are caused by hormones or severe/abrupt weather changes.  So I'm hoping last night was the former.

Of course I called my doc today, just in case.  They're not terribly worried since I have a long history of migraines (I've had them since I was 12) and everything on Monday's appt was totally normal, but they do want me to call immediately if the headache returns or I have other symptoms.

Re: Migraine = pre-labor hormone changes?

• Options
    I don't know, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had a headache even one time since getting pregnant....until the night before last when I couldn't sleep it hurt so badly.  Unfortunately, as you can see, no outside baby for me yet.  Boo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your hormones DID in fact, shift. This meaning labor is perhaps very near.

I've not been a frequent migraine sufferer, but I did end up at the ER at 30w with stroke-like symptoms. They determined I have a-typical migraines (as in, not that bad of a headache) that present with stroke-like symptoms. The neurologist said she wants to put me on meds after I'm done breastfeeding since now I wouldn't go to the ER if I was actually having a stroke as of now and that wouldn't be good. Enough about me. Sorry you were in so much pain.

Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"