2nd Trimester
Options

My first rude pregnancy comment

Re: My first rude pregnancy comment

• Options

Some women have workout restrictions, like I do.  Everyone's situation is different.  I think it is completely expected to be winded during pregnancy and if someone isn't, well they are the exception to the rule.

OP - that is RUDE.  Don't let it bother you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    Amen to that.  Plus, every pregnancy is different that person shouldn't judge.  Nobody but the pregnant woman knows what her body is going through.  This pregnancy has been night and day different for me.  We're on these boards to help support each other and to not feel alone.  Narrow minded comments should be ignored.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some women are told not to workout due to many complications in their pregnancy. Im pretty sure you arent anybody's doctor. You have no right to criticize someone for what they struggle with, thats absolute immaturity. By the way, I recommend you go visit the monthly birth clubs and get off our fun 2nd Tri board.
  • Options

imageaidiasullivan:
    Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.

I've LOST 4 pounds since I've become pregnant and my husband and I walk 3 miles most evenings and I get winded going up stairs.  Also, she never claimed that she was sick or invalid, she said she was pregnant.  There's a multitude of symptoms that go along with pregnancy.  Morning sickness, fatigue, headaches, back aches, frequent urination, and the list goes on.  Each one of those can be attributed to poor lifestyle choices when taken out of context, but when paired with the knowledge of pregnancy make perfect sense.  Same thing with being short winded.  It has NOTHING to do with weight or fitness level when it comes to extra supplies of blood and something taking up the room that your organs used to occupy.  Do us all a favor and keep rude comments to yourself or start your own post to disrespect your peers.  Don't go "seeking out" people to ridicule.  That's what you do in elementary school.  Grow up.   

• Options

imageaidiasullivan:
    Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.

Yes maybe it was a wrong idea for you to come here, we don't need people like you here.

• Options

This is from my 15 week pregnancy e-mail from The Bump.. to just say a little something to you rude people..

you're 15 weeks pregnant!
    Week 15
    Your gums may be red and swollen (thanks, hormones), so it's extra-important to take good care of your mouth right now. Brush often, floss gently, and see your dentist if you haven't already. Also, your now-cramped chest and abdomen (baby's growing fast!) might be making you a little short of breath.

So, when your utuerus grows bigger, it pushes some organs UP and some DOWN. Your stomach and lungs definitely get pushed UP therefore lessening the space that your lungs have to expand. And your intestines and your BLADDER goes DOWN, therefore thats why we have to PEE so often.

Therefore, being short of breath has ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING to do with "being out of shape" or FAT. And as a matter of FACT as well, in my book called "THE PREGNANCY COUNTDOWN BOOK" by Susan Magee with Kara Nakisbendi, M.D. states on page 105, day 164, at 16 weeks pregnant THAT (Title: At This Point: You've probably heard about) "..your decreased ability to burn fat through exercise. This is true, too- it appears that the hormonal changes found in pregnancy override your body's ability to burn fat through exercise. Conclusion: You need fat in pregnancy. (Take comfort wherever you can get it)"

AHEM AHEM, not like you rude people REALLY care, but it is stated fact that we need fat.. it is safe to do light exercise during pregnancy but not everyone is capable of it, and also other people (LIKE ME) need to gain 40lbs, so why would i be doing any sort of physical exercise to lose weight during my pregnancy? Not saying I don't do a few laps around the mall, or work very hard at my restaurant job. 

I just can't believe you women are acting like this towards each other, we are all in the same boat. None is better than one another, and if you don't like the site, why would you even post a damn comment?

• Options
    I am dreading the 45 I am supposed to gain for twins. I do some light exercising to my workout video but outside in the heat and humidity I am out of breath.
  • Options

Some harsh comments, friend.  Some of us don't have a choice in the whole getting winded thing.  Before I got pregnant, I could hold a wall squat for 2 1/2 minutes, do 3 pullups and could breeze through p90x.  I was in great shape.  But during my 3rd and 4th month, I had trouble getting up one flight of stairs without feeling like my lungs were going to explode and needing to lay down. I'm 34 weeks now, and I still have problems with getting winded.  It's because I haven't really grown out with a huge belly.  The baby's been up high and crushing my lungs and stomach so I have trouble breathing and eating normally.  

-Sometimes there are biological factors that are beyond control.  -Not all the time, but sometimes.  Try to keep an open mind to that.  -I know you didn't mean it, but I was kind of insulted by your remarks.  -I try really hard to be healthy.

• Options
    Just remember how wonderful this moment is.  I know it sucks to get those comments.  Good thing we have a place here that we can vent about this, so we can move on.  I'm going to ignore the negativity that has been raised on here.  Everyone is different and I will tell you I can't make it up my stairs in my house without a struggle. 
  • Options
    Women are nice where I work. Its the men that don't think. They like to look me up and down and say things like, oh boy you are getting big now or you are getting bigger and bigger every day.  My last pregnancy, every day was a comment on my weight so this time I simply respond that I do have a mirror, I know what I look like and my weight is between me and my doctor. One guy said, well you do have an excuse to get big and I said, well I do still have feelings.
  • Options

Wow, you really need to educate yourself before making stupid statements.  By the way- the originator of this post never said anything about not working out, just that she was short of breath (which is completely normal).

Also, some people, like myself, are not allowed to exercise during pregnancy.  I am on "pelvic rest" due to a low lying placenta which has caused me to have some bleeding when I was earlier along and working out.  So in my case, exercising, as you suggest is the only way to have a healthy pregnancy, could actually be lethal to my baby. 

Get a clue!

• Options
    I thought I was just really out of shape. I get so winded going up any stairs. I've started to hate taking the train because it feels like I'm climbing a really steep mountain. I know how you feel but don't get mad at the girl...consider the source of where the ignorant comment is coming from...
  • Options

I totally agree with you. I think all women's bodies are different and that we each carry our children different. Some carry it more inside while others stick out like a basketball. We are all different so our bodies all handle things differently. I agree with how you have to pay attention to where the comments are coming from. :) 

• Options
    Honey, YOU are not alone! :) I live in married student housing so like there are 30 women pregnant who live within a block of me. We each have different levels of fitness and I am definitely with you! Stairs are EVIL! :) 
  • Options
    you know...just accept the fact that you are an effing *** and shut the hell up. I can't wait until you start experiencing the shortness of breath and FAINTING during pregnancy. You effing ***. And FYI I always did work out and even lost weight during pregnancy accidentally but it gets hard to do physical exercise at some point. *** *** ***.
    image image image
  • Options

Yesterday I went into the Motherhood store to get a new bra again, (I wasn't fit right the first time) and the lady that measured me said "Wow you dont look that big!" I took it as a compliment. Then as I got into the fitting room & tried it on...I realzed it still didnt feel comfy & the store clerk came in said "wow again! you don't look huge you are an "F" cup & growing!" "You will have to Special Order your bras, and your only 9weeks!!!"

Now that was just annoying because she was laughing the whole time! I started out a "D" and I'm now an "F" at 9weeks.

Anyone else have this big of an increase & where do you "Special order" these  bigger than "F" cups?????

9 Weeks Kristine Jo

• Options
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

I just don't understand. She cant walk up two flights of stairs? This is why you are supposed to go to the gym people!

Whoa calm down.  Sorry not everyone goes to the gym.  Not everyone is in top physical shape, like you probably think you are.  However, we are not fat sloths.  Sorry if we all need a place to connect to other pregnant women who understand what we are going through. Please don't come back if you are going to continuously look down on others.  That is not what this board is for.

Well you are SUPPOSED  to go to the gym. So why would anyone have sympathy for someone who isn't doing what they are supposed to do????

I'm sure you don't need a gym you get enough exercise making people feel bad about themselves.  I love how you "know" what everyone is "supposed" to do b/c every pregnancy is the same right?  Hmm

Please leave and let the door hit you on the way out, it will make us happier and you too apparently.  I'm sure there is a b*tchy mommy board somewhere that's just right for you.

• Options

imageaidiasullivan:

I'm going to the gym and am even doing taekwondo in my third trimester (no sparring, don't worry!), my weight gain is fine and I still get winded. Could be that I'm short and the baby has nowhere to go. These things happen to the best of us. It's called being knocked up and having a baby pressing against your lungs. Count yourself lucky that you are so blessed not to have any of the pregnancy symptoms that most women have. This has been my only complaint, luckily. I don't look down on the women who had morning sickness because they must have been stuffing their faces full of nausea-inducing foods (no, I don't seriously think that way)! Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it shouldn't happen to anyone else!

• Options
    imagethebigmare4:

She adds "Oh my sister and I were walking in Alaska this summer when she was 5 and 1/2 months pregnant and carrying a 40 lb pack. She was fine."

My doctor and pregnancy books told me not to lift or carry anything more then 20-25 lbs., and this was recommended for a normal, healthy pregnancy. o.o

• Options
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageBeetleLinz1125:
    imageaidiasullivan:

I just don't understand. She cant walk up two flights of stairs? This is why you are supposed to go to the gym people!

Well you are SUPPOSED  to go to the gym. So why would anyone have sympathy for someone who isn't doing what they are supposed to do????

You know what, you're so right!! Can you recommend a gym that can accommodate my bed since I am on bed rest. And I know that is NO EXCUSE for not hitting the gym every day. I mean I have a cerclage in so there is no need to worry about my baby falling out while doing squats and lunges. Geez, some people are just lazy I guess, and there is just no other reason than that, that they are not working out. Sloths. 

• Options
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Yep, because the fact that our utes and babies are pushing on the rest of our organs has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Confused

*Chomps down on a Reese Cup*

Um and my baby isnt pushing on my organs? That's why you are supposed to exercise. And not gain a lot of weight. Duh.

You are officially the winner of the biggest moron award! LOL.  You idiot, the baby doesn't push up on your organs b.c YOU gain weight, the baby needs some place to grow.  Clearly you've never seen this: 

https://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/

• Options
    image~TigerLilyGirl~:

imageaidiasullivan:

I've LOST 4 pounds since I've become pregnant and my husband and I walk 3 miles most evenings and I get winded going up stairs.  Also, she never claimed that she was sick or invalid, she said she was pregnant.  There's a multitude of symptoms that go along with pregnancy.  Morning sickness, fatigue, headaches, back aches, frequent urination, and the list goes on.  Each one of those can be attributed to poor lifestyle choices when taken out of context, but when paired with the knowledge of pregnancy make perfect sense.  Same thing with being short winded.  It has NOTHING to do with weight or fitness level when it comes to extra supplies of blood and something taking up the room that your organs used to occupy.  Do us all a favor and keep rude comments to yourself or start your own post to disrespect your peers.  Don't go "seeking out" people to ridicule.  That's what you do in elementary school.  Grow up.  

This.  I'm 18 weeks and down 10 pounds and still have difficulty with hills and stairs.  But regardless of the fact that you didn't even consider that someone else's situation might be different from your own, there's just no need to express yourself in such a nasty way... repeatedly.  If you don't like the site, fine.  You will not be missed.

• Options

I go for a two mile walk every day and still get winded.  Does that count?  Or is the gym the only place to get exercise?  What about the folks who either can't afford a membership or who choose to put that money elsewhere (like towards their baby)?

Sheesh!

• Options
    You are not "supposed" to go to the gym. My doctor suggested taking walks in the afternoon to ease stress and help with labor later, but never advised me to run out and get a gym membership. I didn't have one before and I don't need one now. And it's a fact that you are going to gain weight during your pregnancy. You WANT to gain weight... that is how you know your baby is healthy. If you don't gain weight, your doctor will be concerned and so should you. Twenty- five to thirty-five pounds is normal weight gain during pregnancy for a woman of average weight. That means, I started at 130 and I could end at 155- 165 pounds. I'm sorry but when I'm used to being 130 pounds, it is going to be a little stressful on my body to be 155+ pounds, even though I get plenty of exercise. If you are nine months pregnant and going to the gym everyday and lifting weights and riding the exercise bike for an hour, then good for you, but you are not the norm. The norm is a woman who gains around 25-35 pounds, probably experiences some shortness of breathe from time to time, and has to pee every 20 min ;)  If that isn't you, then kudos, but you're probably on the wrong website.
  • Options
    imageaidiasullivan:

Its odesnt HAVE to be a gym. But it DOES have to be exercise.

Awwww. Aren't you a special breed of douchebag? Why don't you not post again and do everyone a favor. Or maybe if you decide to post again, use a couple brain cells and do some research before you make yourself look like a fuccking idiot. Pregnant women do not get out of breath because they are fat moron. Their organs are not shoved up because of all the blubber we're packing on. It's called another human being growing inside of you. If you would like actual education on why pg women can become short of breath I would love to provide it. Somehow I have a feeling it still might not make it through that brain of yours...
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

I think what it is, is that each of us carry differently. Each woman's uterus is shaped differently and then there is where the baby is attatched to the uterus via the placenta. Also, a contributing factor can be age.

I was 29 when I was pregnant with my first. Before pregnancy, I practiced yoga 2hrs a day (yes I was a little overboard and excited to be limber :-D). During my pregnancy, I rode quads thru the mud, dirt bikes and at 6 months was doing toe touches on trampolines. It was like the BEP CD-the energy never dies. I felt so good and had no issue. At 4 months I found out I was gestational diabetic, so my eating even improved due to following a diet. I have to say, it was a wonderful pregnancy.

This time however, not so much fun. I am now 35 and at 30 weeks with my second. Prior to pregnancy, I jogged 5k every other day and yoga on my non jog days. I was already eating healthy (my husband loves fruit and eschews candy), so I thought when we had got pregnant, it was going to be a breeze like last time. Not so.

The first trimester I needed a 4 hr nap daily on top of 8 hrs sleep a night. Second trimester, I passed my glucose test , and went to town on my house and it seemed everything was ok. Now, I nap again about 1 hr/day along with 6-8 hrs sleep per night. And I am tired. I still exercise by walking, but I cannot do 2 flights of stairs without getting winded.

So, exercise isn't the answer to our breathing or other issues. And as far as organs being pushed together, well, with my first, she rode low. No issues with breathing obviously. This one sticks straight out and pushes on my ribs. I am carrying differently. My sonogram technician (at the gender bender appointment) told me that women who have uterus's that look like the pictures are one in a million and don't happen often. That being said, every child carries differently. My last daughter was attatched low, and this one is attached directly to the front...literally behind my belly button.

Some of us have a hard time. And as you well know, these 9 months are no picnic emotionally. My father in law, when he sees me says, "Hi Fatty" everytime in a joking manner. Does it hurt my feelings? I did when my step son said it last pregnancy, this time, nope. 

Please don't judge the website as a bunch of whiny babies when some of us are feeling sensitive and need some righteous indignation from a fellow " pregger." Personally, I find when I ask questions, I get great feedback from the other Preggers that use this site. . It's just like anything in life. You take what you need or want, and ignore the rest. 

Good luck with your pregnancy, and I am sorry if the Preggers turn on you in defense of their feelings. We are just not super Preggers. We are human.

Zellasgirl 

• Options

imageaidiasullivan:

I get winded going up 2 flights of stairs now!  I am NOT overweight, but I have been working out less due to doctor's orders and now trouble getting back into shape.

Pre-pregnancy I worked out about 3 times a week and watched what I ate - I was in pretty good shape in my opinion (5'5" 120 lbs). Once I got pregnant, my OB recommended that I not exercise for the 1st trimester due to an enlarged ovary.  I was given the "go" a few weeks ago, but my stamina has gone way down after not being able to exercise or even move around much for so long!  

So stop being a c**nt and insulting someone when you don't even know their situation!  She didn't say she doesn't work out or that she can't climb stairs you righteous creep.  Go somewhere else, we don't want you here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Um, how far along are you? I'm extremely active and fit pre- and during pregnancy, but things change. Sickness changes your body, and you're right, we're not sick, but we are changed. Shortness of breath is normal. Fatigue is normal. Getting tired is part of it. You are not supposed to work too hard, or you can endanger your baby. People here may whine, but its a place for people experiencing something in common. At least they are not rude people without manners... you need to use a little tact
  • Options

@aidiasullivan

well your newbie and probably have no clue about life anyway let alone pregnancy and parenthood and with an attitude like you have i pitty the child you are carrying. i have misscarried twins, almost died from Pre Eclampsia, watched my baby struggle for life because of Pre Eclampsia and am now 32 weeks pregnant with what i hope will be my third surviving baby. i have a high risk pregnancy obviously and am restricted by what i can do excercise wise so i would never judge someone i do not know about their ability to climb stairs. in the whole scheme of things who are you bettering by being a nasty cow? yourself? does it make you feel good to be little someone else? let me guess your in your first trimester, first child and have read everything you can, right? well your still clueless and as much as i wouldn't wish pain or suffering upon anyone normally you have made me change my opinion. have a lovely birth and i hope you get just as much support as you have shown other here. now get off this site and go to the gym!

• Options
    imageGrahamSchneider:
    imageaidiasullivan:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

imageaidiasullivan:

Yep, because the fact that our utes and babies are pushing on the rest of our organs has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Confused

*Chomps down on a Reese Cup*

Um and my baby isnt pushing on my organs? That's why you are supposed to exercise. And not gain a lot of weight. Duh.

You are supposed to exercise because the baby is pushing your organs? I'm sorry, I didn't realize exercising magically moves the baby into a position that it leaves the rest of your body in the same exact position as it was pre pg. My bad.

Lol, exactly. . .must be all our bads, lmao. 

• Options

some people just don't realize that what they are saying may not be construed in whatever way they mean it... other people are just rude. Either way, ouch. And as for Miss Pedestal, wow....

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with my first. I have asthma, but am in good shape, have had no complications, and damn near no complaints my entire pregnancy. Over the past week, I moved into a new place and it took people making me stop, even when I got sick at one point, to actually get me to relax for more than a minute at a time while we were moving. That does not change the fact that there are times where I get winded going up stairs, lifting things that aren't really all that heavy, etc. Exercise is not some magic cure for that sort of thing, not by a long shot. If you're just going to bash on people and be rude, you really should not be here. If there's something you think is stupid, or you just have some rude friggin comment to make about it, keep it to yourself, don't read anymore about it, and move onto something else. No one appreciates the crap you are spewing.

• Options

I just would like to comment that it may not be as easy for some women who are pregnant to work out.  I personally spent the first half of my pregancy throwing up constantly, and believe it or not, it's near impossible to do a whole lot of working out while vomiting.  My doctor actually told me not to go, so NO not everyone is supposed to go to the gym, especially if you aren't doing well or have other complications... And working out doesn't necessarily give you any more room for the baby to not push on your organs.  I actually started working out again now that I am no longer sick but still get short of breath at times because your lung capacity can go down with less room in your abdomen.  AND I am not fat, in fact I weight the exact same amount I did when I got pregnant, there is just a 7 inch baby that takes up a bit of room. 

Everyone is different, everyones pregnancy is different.  Just because you can still work out, just because you don't get out of breath doesn't make you a better mother or a better person.  You just don't have as crazy of hormones I guess, good for you. 

• Options

Don't feel bad, I seriously doubt that she took into consideration any elevation changes. Unless she was hiking Mt McKinley, Alaska has relatively low elevations. This plays a big role on the amount of oxygen you can readily intake.  Also, some pregnant women get a form of asthma, especially if they had it when they were young and it went into remission. 

Even pro athletes get winded when they are from lower elevations and suddenly find themselves doing the same work at a higher one. And people who train at higher elevations are more efficient at lower ones. 

• Options
    wow aidiasullivain you are such an a hole. i cant wait till you come to the end of your pregnancy and suffer like every one else. I hope they deny you any pain meds. every pregnancy is didfferent. I gained over 60 lbs with my first and had no issues moving or walking or with pain. with this one im almost at the end and only gained 18 lbs and am conxtantly having issues and it hurts to move most days. I really hope that Karma gets you.
  • Options

imageaidiasullivan:

I highly doubt that 'aidiasullivan' is actually pregnant, herself. If she is, I doubt she'd make such snide and absurd comments.

Nobody likes you on here, aidias, please go away. Thanks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

So Sorry...

I am expecting #5 and EVERY pregnancy is different! Before my first son was born I was a ballerina. I was doing pointe work at 6 months and still teaching dance until a couple of weeks before delivery.  During this pregnancy I get winded trying to stand up... and I'm still in shape. It depends on how you are carrying. Once the baby drops it usually gets easier to breathe. Just remember the positive things people say. Enjoy the little movements he/she is (will be) making.

Hopefully this makes you smile... I met a couple of my Grandmother-in-laws friends the DAY I brought my fourth child home. The swelling had not gone down much. After seeing the new baby (2 days old) and then my belly, she asked me when the baby was due... Haha, oh well. I can laugh now but I wanted to cry that night.

• Options

Quoted:

"You don't know her situation, don't judge her.  Maybe she was in top physical condition and went to the gym 6 days a week before she got pregnant.  You don't know that.  All she said is that she was having trouble getting up the stairs, which is not unreasonable when you're pregnant if you're in shape or not.  Pregnancy takes a toll on the body.  Everyone handles their pregnancy differently.  Some days are harder than others.  Maybe if you've been on this board for more than 2 days you'd realize that."

The first rude pregnancy comment I've heard was the jerk who started making fun of someone for getting winded!  Wow people, what ever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, don't open your g@@ dam@# mouth!"

I totally agree with the quote above... instead of criticizing people you could have said something like, "well, have you tried working out at the gym?  Maybe that would help build stamina?"  But on the other hand, it might not help at all.  Because as the quote above points out, everyone is different.  But that would have been a hell of a lot nicer!

I'm only 6 weeks but I hope I don't become as much of a b*$^@ as you apparently are...

• Options

i havent stepped within 1 foot of a gym and i have gained very little weight i am due in 1 week and am completely all belly to the point of people only think im no further than 6 months...and i get winded walking to check the mail...and with being as small as i am the baby still pushes every last one of my organs..being small, fit, n excersize doesnt change the fact that there is a human growing inside you and no matter how small it is it wasnt there before so the organs are going to move out of the way to make room..so dont act like if u dont go to the gym u will gain 100 extra pounds everyone is different. and im sorry but did i miss the memo sometime in the last nine months that said it was required to work out while pg?? hmm..

im sorry i guess thats the hormones from being so miserable with only a week to go but this just ate me up when i read it..

• Options
    actually, because I had a low placenta I was told NOT to work out or go to the gym. I have been avoiding stairs the whole time, I get out of breath just talking to my colleagues at work, because the baby is pressing on my lungs. Not to mention after I walk one block I have to pee and it's been like that the whole time. really, you can't judge people - everyone has a different experience!
  • Options

Wow, ppl are really nasty on this board. Before I got pregnant I was that gym freak, at the gym everyday, being healthy and slim.  Since being pregnant, I am soooo tired and have such bad nausea, that the last thing I am thinking about is the gym! I do want to go back to the gym, but I feel I am going to wait until atleast 14-16 weeks through this pregnancy (i'm at 12 now) If I feel up to it!

And no one around me is mean about the weight gain.....Keep your rude comments to yourselves! 

And I've been getting winded too (yes the gym freak is winded!)!!!! Lol

Congrats to all the ladies!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"