2nd Trimester
Options

My first rude pregnancy comment

13»

Re: My first rude pregnancy comment

• Options
    are you a pregnant woman?  because if so you would know that no matter how fit you are, at times things can be trying on your body with all the changes that are taking place!  People come to this site to be able to get positive feedback/advice from other pregnant women who understand what goes on with your body!  My sister in law and I are due around the same time and she has problems with stairs etc to the extent that she has to stop and catch her breath where as I dont.  The difference is that she is ALOT bigger than I am in the belly because according to all measurements, her baby is ALOT bigger than mine.  There are many factors that play into things!  It is not anyone turning into a fat sloth or whatever you want to call it.  It is called changes in your body!
  • Options
    One of my coworkers just said to me, "My daughter (who is about 22 weeks pg) just finished a half marathon.  She did a full marathon during her first trimester."  Um, thanks, was that supposed to be helpful to me? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was called fat at 4 months pregnant by a coworker who happens to be a little more than thin herself. At least I had a reason for my "bulge"!

• Options

Wow!  I think the getting winded thing is not just because of fitness - it also is because progesterone causes us to breathe more deeply than before (even in the 1st trimester)

I ran a half-marathon when I was 3 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Now at 12 weeks I haven't been able to run ( running made my cramping  worse so doctor told me to lay off) but I do walk regularly in my hilly neighborhood.  Those hills (that weeks ago I ran with no problem) make me winded now walking up - I don't think my fitness digressed that quickly!

• Options
    imagerobs867:

imageaidiasullivan:
    Sheesh what do you people expect? You aren't sick. You aren't an invalid. You are just pregnant. Its not an excuse to turn into a fat sloth. I don't think I'm going to like this website very much. It was recommended by a friend, but so far all I have seen are posts by a bunch of whiny babies.

If you don't like the post, then don't visit the site.

AMEN!

• Options
    imagezellasgirl:

I think what it is, is that each of us carry differently. Each woman's uterus is shaped differently and then there is where the baby is attatched to the uterus via the placenta. Also, a contributing factor can be age.

I was 29 when I was pregnant with my first. Before pregnancy, I practiced yoga 2hrs a day (yes I was a little overboard and excited to be limber :-D). During my pregnancy, I rode quads thru the mud, dirt bikes and at 6 months was doing toe touches on trampolines. It was like the BEP CD-the energy never dies. I felt so good and had no issue. At 4 months I found out I was gestational diabetic, so my eating even improved due to following a diet. I have to say, it was a wonderful pregnancy.

This time however, not so much fun. I am now 35 and at 30 weeks with my second. Prior to pregnancy, I jogged 5k every other day and yoga on my non jog days. I was already eating healthy (my husband loves fruit and eschews candy), so I thought when we had got pregnant, it was going to be a breeze like last time. Not so.

The first trimester I needed a 4 hr nap daily on top of 8 hrs sleep a night. Second trimester, I passed my glucose test , and went to town on my house and it seemed everything was ok. Now, I nap again about 1 hr/day along with 6-8 hrs sleep per night. And I am tired. I still exercise by walking, but I cannot do 2 flights of stairs without getting winded.

So, exercise isn't the answer to our breathing or other issues. And as far as organs being pushed together, well, with my first, she rode low. No issues with breathing obviously. This one sticks straight out and pushes on my ribs. I am carrying differently. My sonogram technician (at the gender bender appointment) told me that women who have uterus's that look like the pictures are one in a million and don't happen often. That being said, every child carries differently. My last daughter was attatched low, and this one is attached directly to the front...literally behind my belly button.

Some of us have a hard time. And as you well know, these 9 months are no picnic emotionally. My father in law, when he sees me says, "Hi Fatty" everytime in a joking manner. Does it hurt my feelings? I did when my step son said it last pregnancy, this time, nope. 

Please don't judge the website as a bunch of whiny babies when some of us are feeling sensitive and need some righteous indignation from a fellow " pregger." Personally, I find when I ask questions, I get great feedback from the other Preggers that use this site. . It's just like anything in life. You take what you need or want, and ignore the rest. 

Good luck with your pregnancy, and I am sorry if the Preggers turn on you in defense of their feelings. We are just not super Preggers. We are human.

Zellasgirl 

I wish I wanted to be that nice... =/

• Options
    imagelturpyn:

Quoted:

"You don't know her situation, don't judge her.  Maybe she was in top physical condition and went to the gym 6 days a week before she got pregnant.  You don't know that.  All she said is that she was having trouble getting up the stairs, which is not unreasonable when you're pregnant if you're in shape or not.  Pregnancy takes a toll on the body.  Everyone handles their pregnancy differently.  Some days are harder than others.  Maybe if you've been on this board for more than 2 days you'd realize that."

The first rude pregnancy comment I've heard was the jerk who started making fun of someone for getting winded!  Wow people, what ever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, don't open your g@@ dam@# mouth!"

I totally agree with the quote above... instead of criticizing people you could have said something like, "well, have you tried working out at the gym?  Maybe that would help build stamina?"  But on the other hand, it might not help at all.  Because as the quote above points out, everyone is different.  But that would have been a hell of a lot nicer!

I'm only 6 weeks but I hope I don't become as much of a b*$^@ as you apparently are...

Thank you! This! 

(off topic) You got married on my b-day! XD Bet it was awesome!

• Options
    just because someone gets winded going up a few flights of stairs doesn't mean they're a fat sloth.  and agreed, if you dont like it, dont visit it.  also, it's good and healthy to vent your feelings.  pent-up anger, sadness, tension, stress can cause complications and low birth-weight babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"