Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Picking your due date month?

1235»

Re: Picking your due date month?

• Options
    imagechristykell:

Oh, it's one of my favorite insults on the bump.

"you have no life cause you're hanging out on an internet message board!"

Lolz. Always a classic.  

Right? So I don't have a life,.what else ya got for me. I'm fat? Oh yeah I already knew that. Tell me something about myself I don't know!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

This thread isn't going away anytime soon ladies. There is a direct link off of The Bump homepage to it. About halfway down the page it says:

hot topics

• Did you try to conceive in a particular month? Did it work?

MikeMarie

That's why it keeps being brought back up to the top & won't go away.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SIL has done it twice.  Doubt I'll be so lucky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It didn't matter with my first and it took 2-3 months to actually conceive.  With my second, I wanted to ensure better planning for time of year.  My son (first) was born in January and living up north we were confined to indoor spaces (I learned the mall quite well doing a daily walk for exercise).  With my second, we planned for no earlier than May delivery (August conception) and we were able to conceive the first month.  Our trick was knowing how many days of my cycle (26, 27, 28) and trying 10-14 days post the first day of my period.  Good luck!
  • Options

As luck would have it, I was successful in picking the due date! I knew I didn't want to be 7-9 months pregnant during the hottest time of year, and I also didn't want to go into labor during a blizzard, so I opted for a spring delivery. I'm also a numbers-type, and thought it would be neat if our baby was born when I was 25 and my husband 30, plus that would mean our child will graduate high school the same year as my 25-yr reunion and my husbands 30th. Crazy, I know, but that's how my mind thinks.

So I used ovulation calculators and based on a spring delivery knew when we should be trying to conceive. And we were successful after the first month of trying! It's amazing life works!

• Options
    Yes, we went on a romanitc trip to wine country to conceive but it didn't work.  It did the next month though.
  • Options

I don't know if it will work yet but me and DH waited to start trying this month because he'll be back from deployment probably if he goes and I'll be finishing my aa online so I'll have all summer for the baby.

• Options
    I wish it could work that way.  We started trying for baby number 2 this month and I really wanted to concieve this month so the second baby wouldn't have to share birthdates with DS or DH.  But we'll see how long it takes.  Guess they might just have to share. 
  • Options

Don't be sorry....My husband and I planned when we wanted our baby born (round about date) and we got pregnant on our first try.  I'm not the norm as you can tell but if you both are healthy fertile people then yes you can kind of pick a birth date, within range.  Hope this helps.

• Options

Comments such as yours are why I question why I even come to this site...Us "newbie?s" ask these questions exactly because we DON"T KNOW!  Hence the question!  No question is stupid, however a simple polite correction or input of knowledge on a certain subject would suffice.  Personally I find most (not all) of peoples comments to be ignorant and downright rude.  Thanks for the help ladies?.

• Options
    imageJennyAnne022776:
    imagekmwills:

What's funny is that those of you who are the most annoyed by this post are the ones that are keeping it on top with your multiple irrelevant comments about how stupid the post is.  Pretty good way to get the post to go away, huh?  And you chide the newbies...

Yes we do.

For ridiculous posts like yours, about which you know nothing.

Comments such as yours are why I question why I even come to this site...Us "newbie?s" ask these questions exactly because we DON"T KNOW!  Hence the question!  No question is stupid, however a simple polite correction or input of knowledge on a certain subject would suffice.  Personally I find most (not all) of peoples comments to be ignorant and downright rude.  Thanks for the help ladies?.

• Options
    We tried for a scorpio baby, but it appears that we will be having an aquarius or pisces baby instead
  • Options
    My husband and I decided to start trying in November of last year thinking it would take a while to conceive. We got pregnant right away! We didn't expect that at all, so our little one is coming a bit earlier but we couldn't be happier.
  • Options

i always thought of that because i rather have a baby when its sunny than really cold!
    my fiance would tell me he would want our baby to be born around his b-day just because his older brother was born the same day that his father!

but it didn't work out like that! i wanted to get pregnant back in february & it didn't work & when i wasn't expecting it i got pregnant in late May! but either way im really happy!

• Options

We did and it worked.

Because of my job I had a very small window for a delivery time (basically, I had to be due in either Feb or March). We planned it and got it the first time we tried.

• Options

I have met people that only try during certain months so that the baby would be born within a certain time frame that they have picked out and others that don't really care when the baby is due.  It's up to the individual and to say that one way is better than another is ridiculous!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't pick the due date, but I did pick when I was ready to get pregnant and I did, that month.
  • Options
    It worked for my husband and I. We were totally shocked it worked, but it did. It also worked for one of my best friends!
  • Options

Hey guys! Just thought we hadn't seen this oldie but goodie in a while and figured you guys missed it.

You can thank me later. Bwaahaaa!!

Devil

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagechristykell:

Hey guys! Just thought we hadn't seen this oldie but goodie in a while and figured you guys missed it.

You can thank me later. Bwaahaaa!!

Devil

BAH!  HAHA

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"