Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Picking your due date month?

Re: Picking your due date month?

• Options
    imageMamaMehl:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

So, when  you do have a baby,  will  you only keep it certain months of the year and then have foster parents on stand-by?

• Options

imagesazzette:

Baby on demand is like Comcast On Demand and you pay $4.99 for it and ta-da!?  A baby lol 

Sign my up. I'd pay $4.99 in a heart beat for babies on demand!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemkinbelize:
    imageMamaMehl:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

So, when  you do have a baby,  will  you only keep it certain months of the year and then have foster parents on stand-by?

Good point MK. If you're not completely ready to have a baby, then maybe you should put it off until your finances or work are ready for the baby.
  • Options
    imageSavat:

imagesazzette:

Baby on demand is like Comcast On Demand and you pay $4.99 for it and ta-da!?  A baby lol 

Sign my up. I'd pay $4.99 in a heart beat for babies on demand!

Ladies the list is pretty full at the moment but as soon as I get a space available I will add you. It IS a great deal! lol

• Options

Thanks, but my panties aren't in a bunch.  I don't disagree that you can't expect to get pregnant on demand, but I don't think it's ridiculous to try to plan even just a little. 

• Options

Sh!t, if we had gotten pregnant the first month we tried, I would have thrown a birthday party for a two year old a few months ago.

At this point, I don't care if I give birth in 100 degree heat in the middle of a hurricane. While it's hailing. And the power's out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemkinbelize:
    imageMamaMehl:

• Options
    I did think about timing. I really wanted to take advantage of the maternity leave that's available through my work and, being that I'm a teacher, of course I thought it would be great to have a baby in March, where my maternity leave could take me right into the summer and then I would have the 2 and 1/2 months off for summer break as well. Imagine my surprise when our timing turned out to be perfect and I got my BFP on Monday after just one month of trying! Does this happen to everyone? Of course not! I would have been pleased whenever that BFP came around!
  • Options
    imagemkinbelize:
    imageMamaMehl:

That's what I'm hoping for!

• Options

We have deliberately waited to TTC until July because that would avoid me having to take maternity leave at the busiest time at work.  Not that having a baby has to be convenient, but since I'm in no major rush to conceive, figured I might as well pick a convenient time to try to start.  Plus, I wanted to enjoy some of the summer being able to eat and drink what I want.  I started charting and will probably use OPKs, etc. to help my chances next month, but I'm definitely not counting on success.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options

imageKim B.:
    Imagine my surprise when our timing turned out to be perfect and I got my BFP on Monday after just one month of trying!

image  Good for you. 

imageimageimage
  • Options

OP has a sense of humor at least - nice backbone.

I thought about targeting a specific month before we ever started TTC.  But once we got closer, I realized I didn't care and the months didn't matter.

Especially now that I've been TTC for a while, I'd feel so blessed to be pregnant, any due date. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebbjoys:

When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

But at this point, I would be thrilled beyond belief to get pg at all.  It doesn't matter what month.  Getting pg is all I ask for, regardless of timing. 

Ditto bbjoys
  • Options
    Oh yeah, let's see...hmmm I think I would like my conception month to be THIS MONTH. Confused
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesarai0316:

imagewlknsnlrn:
    I havent. My mindset is any month will work for me.

DITTO

this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If I get k/u this month it woud be completely ideal as far as my work schedule goes, and I'd be able to take a much longer time off when the baby came (and I would avoid be heavily pg in the oppressive summer months!)

Ideal? Yes

Realistic? Probably not

I understand where you are going with this, and best of luck to you! I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to plan like this, but realizing there's a pretty good chance it won't work out will save you a lot of heartbreak if you don't luck out on the first shot

• Options
    ha. I would just like to be pregnant already!!
  • Options
    In an ideal world, I would have had a baby last August.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options

imageKim B.:
    I did think about timing. I really wanted to take advantage of the maternity leave that's available through my work and, being that I'm a teacher, of course I thought it would be great to have a baby in March, where my maternity leave could take me right into the summer and then I would have the 2 and 1/2 months off for summer break as well. Imagine my surprise when our timing turned out to be perfect and I got my BFP on Monday after just one month of trying! Does this happen to everyone? Of course not! I would have been pleased whenever that BFP came around!

I am a teacher too and have thought about the same thing. That is great! Congrats.

I will take any month also though, so here's hoping and praying.

Baby boy, you are forever loved and missed. 19 weeks 2 days 10/14/09 Partial Molar Pregnancy Lucas Glenn 12/18/10
  • Options
    We tried when we were new at TTC and dumb! LOL. Although this does work for a friend of mine who seems to get pregnant when she wants. She plans it around her school schedule. It's crazy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageshell1016:
    Although this does work for a friend of mine who seems to get pregnant when she wants. She plans it around her school schedule. It's crazy!

What a cool power to have, lol.  

imageimageimage
  • Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    imagemkinbelize:
    imageMamaMehl:

I'm about to make myself unpopular in this post.

Okay--while it sounded a little silly that she said she disagreed with the statement that you can't have babies on demand, I do actually understand job requirements that prevent you from being able to take maternity leave during certain points in the year. Taking care of children during busy season is very different from being completely absent from work.

My previous position was like this (as the only wedding planner for a high-end country club). Granted, I decided to take a  new job before TTC, but if I wouldn't have been able to find a new job I would have been stuck TTA several months a year.

Recreational TTC to give birth during certain months = silly and not realistic

Job that puts food on your table that requires your presence during part of the year = not an ideal situation, but you do what you can.

imageimage
  • Options

For the record, I didn't disagree with the statement that you can't have babies on demand.  I was disagreeing that considering when your baby would be due was ridiculous ... for some people, it's necessary to keep food on the table, especially in the economic climate we live in today.

• Options

I think it's totally reasonable to TTA getting pregnant at a time that wouldn't make sense for your careers, finances, etc.

It's another thing to expect to get pregnant and deliver in one particular month.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs-Mac:
    no - I honestly do not care when my baby is born. I just want to be KU with a healthy baby! If he/she is born in the heat of summer or a snow storm I do not care :)

This.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    I skimmed the responses and didn't see anyone bring up the fact that even if you plan to have a baby in a certain month, especially for work purposes but even if it's just cuz you like to plan theings, what happens if you go into premature labor, or get put on restircted bedrest for 4 months?? Then what??
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    We wanted to get pregnant immediately and it worked. Is just happened that I was ovualting while on honeymoon and we got pregnant. However we lost that baby and now I am pregnant again. This worked out better though because I will get back from maternity and my vacation at work will start over in like 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I would have loved November 2009 BUT unfortunately you really can't pick the month, nature picks it for you so any month would be good with me!
  • Options

I apologize, I guess this goes against the norm, but I wanted our baby to be born in a certain time period, in September, and that is what we tried for.  It worked.  I knew it might not be that easy, but somehow it was.  I don't think it is a horrible thing to try for, why not? :)

• Options

I agree that there's no harm in trying for a certain time of year, because as several women here have attested, it can happen.  My neighbor is a teacher and timed both of her kids around summer vacation.

It appears some ppl on this board are a little overly sensitive.  MikeMarie just asked a simple question.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options

Ha! I figured I'd get pregnant 09/07, have the baby in 08, then show up at my 10 year HS reunion in 09 with an adorable toddler in tow,

Its not going to work exactly that way since I only just got pregnant with our first.

• Options

We were originally going to try to shoot for a April/May/June, so I could take maternity leave until the end of the school year, and then have 10 weeks of summer with the baby.We had a change of heart and we just wanted to get pg. ASAP.

I had a friend time it to the week, so she'd have it over spring break. It worked.

"Cool as Hell like e-mail, but still timeless like a letter."
  • Options
    I wanted my baby in early August.  Since me and my husband are both teachers, I didn't want the baby during the school year (harder for students when they have a long-term substitute and I don't have to worry about missing out on pay).  My birthday and anniversary are both in July.  I got pregnant the first month after I got off the pill (and we didn't even plan when to get busy).  I am due August 4th.  Go me!
  • Options
    We didn't pick a month but we avoided November and December. There are 14 birthdays celebrated in our family during November and Christmas is just too crazy. 
  • Options

As a wedding photography I absolutely could not have a baby between May- October. I would have lost too much of our income for the year. We were careful to not get pregnant those months, and knew that anytime  (but hopefully Jan and NOT have a Christmas baby) would work best. And it did work perfectly and we are expecting (with the help of an ovulation kit) a baby Jan. 30. We could not be happier since it is so perfect. We were realistic in knowing that it could happen a little before or a little after, but having a baby in the off season was very important to us.

• Options

Wow, you really received a lot of flack for this post huh?  I am surprised by the venom since this is a legit question for "getting pregnant" board.   

Planning worked for me, and two other girlfriends--right on the dot first try. 

I wanted to have a Feb- May baby, and, while I agree you cannot guarantee conception in a particular month, you CAN give yourself a 3-4 month window of opportunity.   Ex, I figured anytime from June - Sep for conception would be ideal for birth Feb-May '09.  

So a couple tips:

- Consult your OB/Gyn

- If on birth control give yourself no less than 2 months off, take prenatals
    - Know your ovulation cycle
    - Use ovulation date in the "Due date tool" on this website and plan your window of opportunity   

Good luck! 

• Options
    I'm a tax accountant and I knew I didn't want the baby born anytime during tax season (Jan - April).  We "talked" about it over the Christmas holidays and figured we would give ourselves two months and if I wasn't pregnant we would wait until we were back in a better month to conceive.  There was no need to worry about that as I was pregnant by January.  So, I think it's possbile for some, though we were definately surprised that it happened that quickly.
  • Options
    Please don't attack people for asking questions like this...it makes people feel unwelcome.  Some of us have specific reasons for making attempts to plan our conception time.  I, for example, am a school system employee with VERY limited time off, even for maternity, so delivering towards the end of the school year or at the beginning of the summer would be ideal for me and for the baby.
  • Options

I am on Mamamehl's page...I'm a teacher and wanted to have a baby around a certain time so that I could use the private disability I've been paying for and my summer break to have the maximum maternity leave. 

Obviously there's no way to actually get it 100% , but I am verrrrry lucky and just got pregnant and am due the exact month I would have picked!  But I don't think this is the norm and you don't want to get your hopes up and get upset like I was preparing myself for....I think don't expect it, but positive thinking and emotions are very powerful, not fail proof but powerful.  What I did is I did a little math based on when my periods would be and gave myself a window that I would want to deliver in...I went off the pill the month before and presto, but I am probably very fertile and so it worked, but I think most take a little while so if you have your striving for an around about time frame ( realistic approach to BEGIN with because of finances, jobs, hubbies returning from military, babysitters, etc etc etc) I would go off your contraception at least a few months before that trying window and use condoms or something til you get your system back to regular...and if we weren't as quick as we'd hoped, I would be like most the gals that have responded on here....any month will do to have a baby :)  good luck!

(side note) I'm new to the bump and a few of the boards I've read have some negative comments on them (I saw a coupld on this one) and I think it's really sad :( ...we are all here to support one another and give/get advice.  Some may be frustrated with their TTC but remember your excitement and hopefullness when you 1st started to try too and stay positive and not put down others.  My hope is if you don't have anything nice or supportive to write (while still staying honest and helpful) don't write anything at all....)

• Options
    This post just keeps coming back, doesn't it? I like how there are so many first time posters in here too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"