September 2023 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Hi everyone!

Due date?
    9/25 (I’m a late O’er, so hopefully the doc will go with that)

How did you find out?
    We’ve been trying/tracking for about 5 months since I had my IUD removed, and I noticed quickly that my LP was only 7 days. Started taking progesterone this cycle, made it to 9 days and had a huge temp dip, so I took a test (neg) and stopped taking the progesterone to get on with my next cycle because I have no chill 🙃. Well, my temps shot up the next couple of days so I took a test (super positive), hopped right back on that progesterone, and here I am. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):
    We have 3 year old and 18 month old sons. DH is an engineer at one of the big tech companies, and I work in hospitality procurement. I love to cook and travel, especially with the women from my Sep 19 bump group!

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?
    No real symptoms yet besides bloat, but I didn’t have many symptoms with either DS either. Having the usual first trimester excitement/hope/anxiety. 
  • @anniemarie887 This is for September 2023 Mommas :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @snj1002 this is why multitasking is the death of me, but still ... she's got her dates out of whack.
  • @anniemarie887 I apparently don’t know the number for September 😂 supposed to be 9/21 lol
  • Due date?
    Based on lmp, I'm due 9/15. I have a dating ultrasound on 2/1 to confirm.

How did you find out?
    Bfp on a hpt after being five days late, then confirmed via bloodwork.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I'm currently a stay at home mom to my three year old whirlwind of a son, but in my pre-mom life I was a lawyer. My husband is a high school science teacher, and we also have a dog. I like reading, gaming, traveling, going on hikes/long walks, and just chilling with friends.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Physically, the first symptom I noticed was how sore my breasts were. I'm pretty fatigued, and also pretty constantly nauseous. I'm hoping the nausea will fade so I can avoid the hospital trips for IV fluids this time around. Emotionally, I'm excited but also reeling a bit. We had been ntnp for a while, and I had just about made my peace with being one and done when I found out. 

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi! I’m Stephanie and I am 35 years old. I am a little late to the game but grateful to be where I am.

Due date?
    September 8th

How did you find out?
    Was tracking my period/ovulation on an app and it tells me when to take a pregnancy test, took one and didn’t see anything. Looked at it again later and saw a very faint line, went out and bought nicer tests and they were all positive! My husband and I have been trying for over a year so I was in shock. Lol

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):

No other biological children, but I have two foster sons that I am still very close with! (They are young adults now!) my husband and I also have two dogs. I am a part time nanny and college student studying to be a librarian.

Honestly very shitty. Morning sickness is kicking my butt, and emotionally I am a mess. Currently feeling depressed which bums me out because I want to be happy and excited!
  • Introduce yourself: I'm 40 (almost 41), with PCOS and factor V Leiden. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years with the help of fertility meds. We decided December was our last month of trying, and wouldn't ya know it, right at the buzzer...

Due date? 9/11, not the ideal due date but 🤷‍♀️

How did you find out? Veryyyy faint positive test on NYE. As I said, this kid's timing is impeccable. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have one beautiful boy who just turned 3. My husband and I have been together 8 years, we're both pharmacists. They say you shouldn't fish off the company dock, but hey, it worked for us 😆. In my spare time, if such a thing exists, I like to hike, read books, cook, play cards, visit family and friends. In a previous life, before pandemics and parenthood, we used travel a lot.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Idk. I'll feel a lot better after an ultrasound. I had some spotting last week, which triggered a lot of anxiety related to a previous pregnancy (giant SCH). I had a terrible dream about miscarrying the other night, so now we know my subconscious mind is an asshole. Main pregnancy symptoms so far are exhaustion and insomnia. My visit with MFM will be next Wednesday, and fingers crossed for good news. 
  • Hi! I’m SJ
    Due 9/3
    Found out a few days after Christmas when my period was late and my best friend from out of town asked if I got a boob job…. Felt like a good time to take a test!

My husband and I have been married for a little over 2 years and haven’t been “trying” but knew this could happen. This will be our first! We figured if it didn’t within the year we would take other routes so, surprise!

I have a super high stress job running 3 optical businesses, 2 dogs, and a vibrant social life so this is quite the change… I also have every symptom in the book. Nausea, sore breasts, constipation, head aches, fatigue, you name it. So the social life has changed.

Looking forward to chatting with others in a similar situation. Congrats everyone!
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hello! I’m Alexis :)

Due date?
    September 28,2023 💕

How did you find out?
    Took a test not really suspecting and got a faint line on a wondfo. Took a frer and got a much more solid line. Then my mood swings started making sense! Called my primary care immediately after.

No children, lots of pets! I’ve worked in animal welfare for the last five and a half years.
    I enjoy reading and video games. I’ve been with my fiancé for 7 years.

very emotional, occasional nausea and vomiting but nothing unbearable. Heightened smell. Most noticeable symptom is definitely sore breasts and nipples. Saw someone describe it as feeling like their nipples were repeatedly slammed in a car door 😭

I’m very excited to be here with you ladies!
  • Introduce yourself: Hello everyone! My name is Brooke and this is my first pregnancy. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few years now.

Due date? September 24th

How did you find out? Home pregnancy test.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? I am currently an LPN and doing classes to get my RN. And my husband is a physician assistant. Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): workout, spend time at home with my husband, travel.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Nervous, scared, overwhelmed and excited.
  • Hi I’m Corrie

I’m due sept 4.

I took a test when I was a week late. We were trying but was still surprised.

I’m a stay at home dog mom, my boyfriend and I recently left Ontario and relocated to New Brunswick. We have 2 boxers, a one a half year old and a 6 month old. My boyfriend has a job near home as baker.

I love working out and going for nature walks with the dogs. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and am hoping to perfect this skill before baby comes. First project is going to be a baby blanket.

I’ve been feeling pretty horrible.
    All day nausea, thankfully not vomiting.
    Smells of almost everything cause nausea.
    I’ve been gassy and having cramping on and off.

Super excited to be pregnant with first child!
  • edited January 2023
  • Hi, I’m Amanda
    Due based off an IVF calculator 9/30

Found out by beta after transferring on 1/12.

This is my first pregnancy ever and wow I am overwhelmed. I work for a chemical company but thankful that I don’t have direct contact with them. My husband and I have 4 dogs and we live in South Carolina.

My symptoms so far include nausea, back pain, boob soreness and cramping on and off. Waiting for my second beta to make sure things are progressing!
  • Introduce yourself:

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel and I am currently 32yo. My husband and I got married in March 2022 but have been together for the last 12 years.

Due date:

9/30/23

How did you find out?

I came off of the pill in November and we started trying right away. I just took a home test the day before my missed period given my lack of headache ( I usually get a terrible migraine the day before my period)….sure enough it was positive. I have my first OB appt and sono on 2/28!

No other children, this is our first pregnancy. We have a young Westie dog named Wally (8mo) and we love to do home diy projects in our free time. I work as an Optometrist at a hospital and my husband owns a transport company.

Physically, I have a heightened sense of smell, some mild cramping, and my breasts are very tender.
    Emotionally, overwhelmed and anxious but cautiously optimistic. Most of my stress right now is related to thoughts about balancing my demanding work life with motherhood.
  • Hi! 
    I’m pregnant with my 3rd. 
    Due: Sept 6
    Hubs and I weren’t trying to or not trying to get pregnant. He said he had a feeling and my cycle was late, so I took a test and got a positive. 
    We have a boy (oldest) and a girl and we have a dog. I’m a hairstylist and makeup artist. No symptoms except for big tender boobs, fatigue and bloating. I feel like I’m showing already but I know it’s just the bloat. 😆
  • Introduce yourself: 
    Hi I’m Amanda. This is baby #2 for us. Our daughter is 3 and very excited to be a big sister. 

Due date? 9/1

How did you find out? Was throwing up dinner and my husband jokes that I need to take a test. Sure enough BFP. Total surprise baby. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): My husband and I have been married since 2011. I work part time at Costco and he works for the Sheriffs department. He has been National Guard since he left active duty in 2017 and will deploy shortly before this baby is born. Hoping he will be able to come home for the birth. 

We live on a small farm in Northern California and that keeps us pretty busy. In what little time is my own I show with my horse Boon.  

Symptoms - nausea is constant. Sore boobs off and on. 

Emotionally - now that it’s sunk in a bit I’m so excited. Our first baby took 7 years and all the fertility things to conceive her.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hope it’s a happy and uneventful time for us all. 
  • millieuhlymillieuhly member
    edited January 2023
    Introduce yourself:
    FTM, 4th Pregnancy

Due date?
    Late Sept, Early Oct

How did you find out?
    We've been trying and due to my previous 3 miscarriages, we tested early so we can let our Doctor know right away. Found out at 11dpo. 

I have 3 Angel babies. I was diagnosed with Antiphospholipid Syndrome following my 3rd miscarriage. I'm a Mortgage Loan Closer. My husband is a Journeyman Electrician. 

No symptoms yet. Slight cramping, had a twinge in my right breast but that is about it. 
    Emotionally, I'm trying my best to remain calm. I'm doing everything I possibly can do to keep this pregnancy thriving. Unfortunately, I have not made it past 8 weeks in any of my pregnancies so these early weeks are very scary for me. 

• Hi @millieuhly I’m glad you’re here, I know all about APS from my best friend. Are you on lovenox?
  • Due date? 9/9

How did you find out? My cycles are usually extremely regular, 1 day late took a test. Next few days nausea started. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): this is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 2.5 year old and a 6 year old angel baby. I am a dance teacher and crazy dog mom. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? This time around I have extreme fatigue ( first time having this symptom). Nausea all day long, but luckily not super emotional like I have been in the past. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I’m Danielle! 

Due date: 9/3 

How did you find out? Took a test a couple of days before Christmas Eve, which would’ve been the first day of my period, because we were getting a snowstorm and I had to get ingredients to make a mocktail to hide from our family if I was, before the stores closed. I was tracking ovulation and praying we got it right, and we did! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): First time mom here! Got married to my husband, Erik in September. We have a 6 year old dog, Buster, who went blind about a year ago. I am a merchandise planner in the retail industry and my husband is an engineer. My sister is due in April and my step sister is due 2 weeks before us so I’m excited for all the cousins! 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally?): I would nap all day long if I could, can’t stand eating meat, waves of nausea, sore breasts, always peeing, etc. looking forward for the first trimester to be over. Emotionally, so freaking excited, but so nervous. 
  • Due date? 9/25

How did you find out? It was 5:30 I'm the morning, I was 3 days late for my period. The only test that i had was expired but it said yes. My fiance was in shock I did not didn't believe it. After work I took another test and the lines showed up immediately.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I've been with my fiance for 11 years. We got engaged in November 2022. We've been dealing with unexplained infertility for years. We decided to stop trying until after our wedding and honeymoon, so this is a very happy surprise! We have two dogs and love hiking with them. Baby went for it's first hike with us today 🙂.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I've been super nauseous but my doctor told me to eat crackers before getting out of bed and that has made all the difference. Also tender breasts and an aversion to meat cooking. Peanut butter is one of my favorite snack and I find that it tastes like dirt.
  • Due date is 9/15

My husband and I wanted to try for a baby so he literally took my IUD out himself and two months later I was pregnant. I have a 7yo daughter from a previous relationship and a senior poodle who also live on our home. We haven’t told anyone yet because I am AMA and we want to make sure baby is healthy before we share our news. My husband and I both have full time jobs, he works in an industrial site and I’m a behavior therapist. We just got married in Oct. 2022 and wanted to start a family ASAP due to our age. It took me a little convincing to agree but now that I am on board I could not be more excited.

I have had mild nausea since about week 3. Ginger and peppermint seem to help the most. My breasts are sore most of the time and while I usually am a gaseous person because I’m a vegetarian, I’m more so now. We have our first ultrasound appointment on Feb. 6 and my OB offers group classes once a month where I will meet with the MD 1:1 initially then have her answer any questions any of the women may have. It’s purpose is to build a community of support and it’s not something I did with my first so I am nervous and excited.
  • Due date?

September 5th 

How did you find out?

My boyfriend asked me to take a test december 27th just for precaution, I agreed thinking that this was never going to happen by an accident. Cocky as I was I flipped the test and a big YES + was starring me in the face. I hadn’t had my period since September and some how without a period ended up ovulating and ending up pregnant. Craziness because I thought you couldn’t get pregnant without a period. Quite a surprise for the both of us might I say. I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so the odds of me getting pregnant I thought were pretty slim but this is a classic case of never say never. 

Im a young 21 year old soon to be 22 and this will be my first baby which I’m still coming to terms with. My boyfriend (25) is amazing being super supportive and being by my side holding my hand at every ultrasound. We have two cats named Yuki and Doobie who are just the cutest. Im excited to have the support I do throughout all of this but it is scary because again I never thought i’d just end up pregnant out of a fluke. I’m just happy we are both very on board for this baby. 

For the last three weeks I’ve been puking basically everyday and if not puking always feeling like I’m going to. It sucks when you can’t even go anywhere without feeling sick. Not to mention I’m extremely tired all day everyday lately. Patiently waiting for the second trimester to come so the nausea will subside. Emotionally I’m still coming to terms with the fact that Im going to be a mom, I feel because I’m so young I might miss out on things because of the baby. But again I wasn’t really doing much to begin with. So maybe it’s destiny that this little miracle baby came along. 

• Hi I'm Sam, due sept. 27th
    Tested 6 days late because my boobs hurt and my pants were tight despite losing 5 lbs recently. Good timing too because my husband was juuust walking in the door from work.
    I'm a SAHM and artist. I mainly paint acrylic right now. We have a kindergartener, and TW this is our 6th pregnancy since 2014. TW, we've had a stillbirth, an ectopic, our son, a MMC, and a MC prior to this and mysteriously no pregnancy since 2020, so when I tested, even though we were trying, I was surprised! I'm AMA now.

I'm feeling super gassy and everything I eat feels DENSE in my stomach. Lots of light nausea starting Tuesday. In the past, lemonade has helped Ms, but for now trying to deal with that dense feeling I'm eating little side salads random through the day to keep digestion Moving. It does help for a few hours, until I eat anything else 🤣 then the feeling comes right back.
    And sleepy. Soooooo tired.
  • Hey everyone! My name is Holly and this is my first pregnancy. I'm almost 9 weeks today. Had an ultrasound and everything looks just perfect. Feeling very blessed :)

Due date? 9/9/23

How did you find out? I had a headache that just didn't go away for over a day. I'm 30 and that's never happened to me before. My husband and I had started not being so careful the months prior so I decided to take a test. I caught my pregnancy very early, about 4-5 days before I would have missed my period.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): This will be my first baby. I'm incredibly excited, as this is something I've wanted for a long time. Honestly the last few years I've felt like I'm a mom without a baby...so finally God has blessed me with a little baby to put all that maternal energy toward! I live with my husband in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. We have been Married since July 2019. We have 1 cat, hopefully a dog soon (might try to swing that idea once the baby comes). Currently so a couple of side gigs for income, finishing up a certification in medical coding. If anyone lives near me, please let me know! :)

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Oh goodness. I'd say the hardest thing for me is my hormones. I've been so irritable and anxious these past few weeks. Very out of the norm for me. Morning sickness hasn't been fun. I'm also so tired that I could sleep all day if I allowed myself. Other than that, nothing major.

Well that's about it. Excited to get to know you all. :)
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Tiffani!  First time Momma to be here! From MD

Due date? 9/21 -just confirmed yesterday on 2/2 at first prenatal appt. 

How did you find out? Well I’m 36 and I was tracking this thing all the way! I found out on 1/8 which was week 3 for me. I had a craving for a seafood boil and had two vivid nightmares/dreams the two nights before and knew something was off about that. So I tested and voila! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): Both my husband and I are government employees. This will be the first baby for us both! We have 2 cats named Ollie & Minnie. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I was fine the first 4 weeks but then the end of week 5 into week 6 really slapped me hard with nausea and fatigue. The nausea last all day and all night. Luckily no vomiting but it’s not fun. Currently starting week 7 and my boobs and nips are becoming pretty tender with some stomach bloating. 

• Hi, I'm Jen.
    Due 9/3.
    Took a home test on Christmas for kicks and giggles. Didn't expect it to be positive.
    Two other kids (12 and 1.5). Three cats and a dog. Have a fiancé. Have two jobs.
    Fiancé is extremely upset I'm so tired and have no interest in adult time. Making me feel worse than I already do. Severe nausea.
  • Hey everyone, I’m Amber and I am currently 24 about to be 25 in a few months and I am married/have been married for 7 years now. I also work full time for the District Attorney!

I’m due September 15th

I had a feeling that I was and we have been trying so I took a test and my period wasn’t due for another 5-6 days but I had a vvfl pop up! Then I tested everyday after until they got super dark 😅

I have two other kids, my son is 4 and my daughter is 3! My son is our miracle baby/rainbow baby and my daughter was our unexpected surprise but definitely a miracle as well, and my current pregnancy is also/will be our rainbow baby 🌈🤍

I am having the worst time right now, unfortunately I am having awful morning sickness all day and I have been taking all kinds of medication my doctor has prescribed but nothing helps.. so I am just trying to make it day by day! I am also constipated but it has seemed to ease up thankfully and my breasts are tender but not as bad as they were a week ago!
  • megmoundangzmegmoundangz member
    edited February 2023
    Due date? Sept 26th approx. as I haven’t saw the doc yet. It’s based on the app.

How did you find out?
    So… hahaha. What a journey. So I take medicine for diabetes and I’ve had had a IUD in for 2years, so when I started the new medicine I was actually about to remove it and my doc was like "be careful we have no studies for this drug on pregnancy and if you think you are stop" fast foward 2month later, I was waking up from a nap one evening with still a feeling of exhaustion and I was like Oh Oh, so next Monday I called the doc told her that I might be preggo and we waited about a week to do some blood test and it was negative. So I was like wow that’s weird, cause I had all the early symptoms you can name in the book, and I usually don’t have hard pms. So I was like okay. That was around Jan 8th. So I continued with my medicine and stuff, my period were expected Jan 24, so around Jan 28th I realized that I didn’t have them, I was like wait what !? I waited about 3 days more to make sure and still nothing, I then tested with a cheap pregnancy test from the dollar store and I had 2 really pink line without a shade of doubt, I was so shocked, I walked all around my house screaming OMG I WAS RIGHT I WAS RIGHT !!! Then called the doc to say "hey I’m pregnant" Then I went and got a more fancy digital pregnancy test just to make sure nobody fooled me and it said I was 3+ weeks pregnant per the app I was in my 5th week of pregnancy. So now I’m at 7 and I stopped. All medicine I’m on insuline and I’m excited to hear baby’s heart.

I have toddler, she’s my everything and vice versa, been married for little over 3years now.
    I work with engineers as admin agent. I’m an artist, I sing I dance. We have a show on Feb 24th. A step show, and I didn’t tell my boss that I’m pregnant, if I do I think he’ll tell me to not perform, and I want to performm !!!!! So I’m being very careful.

My husband already received 2 outburst of me being emotionally sensitive I told him to brace himself up, other than that I have wave of nausea, tender nipple/sore breast, and I have cramps 24/7
  • Introduce yourself:

Due date? 9/29/23

How did you find out?
    I was feeling super tired, and woke up one morning with mild Breast tenderness. Took a test (then a few more 😂) and all were positive.

My name is Amanda, I’m 28 years old and direct a case management department in KY. I’ve been with my husband since we were 16 and 17, and we have been married for almost 5 years now. We have a 1 year old golden retriever named Charlie and he is super spoiled. This is our first baby so he will have some adjusting to do but I can’t wait to see our kids grow up with him. 

More tired than I’ve ever been in my life! It’s hard to function some days. No nausea (thank goodness). Food aversions in full force making it really hard to eat some times. Very emotional and will cry at anything. I know it’s all a part of the process so I’m hanging in there! So happy to have this group to talk to throughout this journey.
  • Due date?
     9/22? First Dr. appointment Tuesday to confirm

How did you find out? 
     2 home test, strong positives 

Two other children. Both teens! One graduating hs in June 🤯 one in sophomore year. Second chance at love and my fiancé is the best partner I could have ever hoped for. 

Feeling a bit overwhelmed.  Haven’t had any sickness though easily exhausted. 
  • Hi!
    Due September 16

I found out on an early test with a faint but there line! Immediately told our families, this baby is so wanted and planned!

This is our first but we have 3 little fur-loves, 2 small dogs and 1 cat that will all love their little human sibling! My husband and I got married in August 2020

I was very sick with nausea and vomiting from week 6-9 but on the day I was 9w I woke up feeling great. We got the first scan that day and baby is strong and doing well with a heart rate of 178 bpm
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I'm Kudzie

Due date? 7 Sept according to my last period, having my first check up sometime next week.

How did you find out?
    I had pregnancy symptoms and had missed my period. We took a test, a BFP we got.

I'm a mom of 1 aged 22, I don't go to work. Married to my 28 year old husband who works in a bank. I love reading and enjoy doing out-door activities. Hoping to have a lovely journey with you ladies and can't wait to hold my number 2. All the best mommies.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)
    Headache is killing me.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi beautifuls! I’m Nikki

Due date? 9/8

How did you find out? We transferred two fresh embryos just before Christmas, found out by call from our fertility dr with blood test results on January 3rd.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I’m a recovering attorney (resigned from my firm after 13 years of stress and anxiety); now rediscovering myself (with the help of a great husband, our 2 rescue pups, and lots of yoga). We are excited to be on this journey to parenting after 3 failed IUIs in 2018, 5 disrupted adoptions from Peru in 2019-2022, and 1 round of IVF in December.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Physically great, no morning sickness - a little tired but nothing a nap doesnt cure. Emotionally, challenged. I’m hoping joining this group will help me feel more connected to this process and all its nuances. Also, initially, both embryos implanted, but at 9 weeks were told we had a “vanishing twin” - strange to feel grief and gratitude so simultaneously.

Looking forward to sharing and learning together!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I’m Erin!

Due date? 9.15.23 based on LMP. They won’t do an ultrasound until March 1, but had blood work that shows hcg levels are appropriate for where it should be.

How did you find out? I did a tarot reading that screamed I was pregnant and I took a test the next day. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have a 5 year old daughter and work with infants and toddlers with developmental delays. I recently broke off the engagement I had with baby’s dad, so it’s a very wild ride.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I feel like I’ve had any symptom that I could have— nausea, sore boobs, fatigue, tears and food aversions being the most prominent!