February 2023 Moms
Options

**TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

13»

Re: **TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

• Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited August 2022
    @justkp it only happened once for me. With my experience with miscarriage (I had 4), the spotting turned into blood and cramping that day every time. I don't know if that's how it goes with everyone. I think that you'll know well before your ultrasound if something isn't right or is right too. I know it's hard waiting though. I felt like I was waiting for eternity just to get past the stage I normally miscarry. And if it helps at all, your chances of losing a baby at 11 weeks aren't very high. ❤️
  • Options
    Btw we are both exactly 11 weeks?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy Thanks so much for the encouraging words, I suppose I do take comfort in both the general statistics at this stage and the fact that it has not appeared to get any worse! ❤ I'll try not to think about it and will probably feel more comfortable each day that (hopefully) passes with no further symptom development. Thank you for sharing your experiences ❤

And ah yes, we're due date buddies! Happy 11 weekversary 😉 
  • Options
    Update: No further bleeding since yesterday morning, so I am cautiously hoping. However, today is - unfortunately - the first day in weeks I have had even the slightest bit of energy in the morning (9 am here, and I don't feel like going back to sleep), and my headache is not as bad as the last couple of days. Whereas this should delight me, I now just panic at ANY improvement in symptoms. I even wish the nausea would just overwhelm me like it did weeks 5-9 so I could feel properly pregnant again...! Brilliant, isn't it? Last two days I have been too exhausted to get much work done, now I'm too worried...  :(

I booked a private scan early friday afternoon. I am worrying sick from not knowing, wednesday is very far away, and if something IS indeed wrong, this gives me the opportunity to have the biggest glass of wine ever on friday night. 
  • Options
    It is 11 weeks and I'm already starting to feel much better too, which is completely normal. I'm glad you booked an ultrasound though. Hopefully that will put your mind at ease. Did you have any other symptoms (breast tenderness, etc) that also disappeared? 
  • Options
    No, that one has been pretty static, I think, but has never been a predominant symptom for me, so I suppose I wouldn't notice it changing as much. (I just tried jumping around the office in my lunch break, and they definitely still feel sore/heavy. (And yes, my coworkers are on vacation, haha ;-) ) These last few weeks headache and exhaustion have been the most noticeable - as well as feeling out of breath really quickly when exercising. Last one I definitely still felt yesterday afternoon playing veeeery easy/chill tennis, and I've also had a bit of a headache again today right before noon. So at least it's not like all symptoms have gone away from one moment to the next. Just super annoying that the most noticeable symptom would start to ease the first moment I actually want it there as a reassurance. Here's hoping it's just symptoms easing as 2nd trimester approaches - will definitely give an update after the ultrasound on friday. My boyfriend is travelling for the weekend, so I'll probably be on here begging for internet hugs if things aren't looking well...! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @justkp awww well I'm "here" for internet hugs if need be. But I have high hopes that things are good for your baby! My husband always referred to the random spotting or pains as "the baby just thatching their hut". And I think that's what they do sometimes. They just don't know how to be careful about it. 😉
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy I like that - I'll think of it as such until I have definite proof of anything else  <3 Thanks so much for your support, you're a great comfort! I'm a slightly neurotic person by nature, apparently even more so in pregnancy. I wish I had my boyfriends calm approach of "well, the doctor says it doesn't have to mean anything bad, we'll just wait and see", but my mind always jumps to the worst conclusions. It's been a great help talking to you about it!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @justkp I get it! I'm like that too. With my first, I panicked because I got a static shock from someone handing me something at work and I thought the baby was electrocuted and started crying and freaking out in front of everyone.  I was also at work when I started spotting and panicking and I actually left work to go to the hospital (same baby). Surprisingly he's my most calm child. I get it ..really I do. 😁 
  • Options
    I absolutely 100 % could see myself doing both those things :D I probably also have to check myself to make sure I don't become the most overprotective parent ever once that time comes! 
  • Options
    Turns out... I am still exhausted! Got up today after 7.5 hours sleep, drove my boyfriend to the trainstation and went back to take a 40 min nap before work. Definitely never would have pre-pregnancy. So symptoms definitely still there and scan is already tomorrow  <3 (Never thought a morning nap would fill me with hope this way!)
  • Options
    @justkp that's great news 😁 can't wait for you to have your ultrasound! Is it your first?
  • Options
    seeds_of_joy Me neither, I'm so nervous and just want to fast forward 24 hours and get it over with! I had an early ultrasound at around 7-weeks-something, all looked well at that stage, growth fit perfectly with estimated due date based on last menstrual period and heartbeat was good. So I'd have felt really confident going into the 12 week scan if not for the stupid random spotting the other day :/ But - if things are well - and I'm still hopeful they are - I'm also just really excited to have another look!  <3o:)
  • Options
    @justkp baby should be cute at this stage!!
  • Options
    @justkp yay, that’s such good news! I’m so glad everything turned out to be okay for you ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    @justkp wonderful news!!!! ❤️🙌🥳
  • Options
    Thanks so much <3 Not sure I've ever felt this much relief before. Weird how attached you get so quickly! 
  • Options
    I keep coming back to post here, but then keep shutting my browser because I can’t find the words and the normal posts on the board hurt to see, and maybe you’ve all forgotten me by now, but I did want to post, just in case I can be someone someone thinks of and reaches out to in the future, going through the same thing, and I feel I also need the closure, because I’d gotten attached to you all already.

After the absolute worst 4 weeks of our lives that got worse and worse after our NIPT results and all follow up testing, we said the most painful hello and goodbye to our sweet Nora on 9/1/22 at 17 w 3 d. Heartbroken doesn’t even begin to describe it, and I will never, ever be the same or whole again. I hope no one else here ever has to go through this pain, and I’m sorry if you have had to before. 🤍

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama I am so sorry for your loss! Sending you and your family so much love. I was thinking about you the other day.  I’m sorry that this was the outcome.  I enjoyed getting to know you in the time you were here and thank you for the support you offered.  I will be keeping you and your Angel Nora in my thoughts ❤️
  • Options
    @runningyogimama Devastating news! I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family all the love, comfort and healing, and I hope you don't mind if I light a candle for you all and for little Nora tonight, may she rest peacefully. 

Thank you for coming back to give this update - thank you so much for your kind consideration that you might be able to offer support the day someone else is suffering a similar loss. You have such a big heart to be thinking of being there for others in your own time of tragedy, it is incredibly touching.

• Options
    @runningyogimama I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss and what you’ve been through and no doubt will continue to go through. You were so kind and supportive of all of us, so it’s no surprise that you came back to update us and to offer your support to anyone else who suffers a loss, but it is deeply appreciated. Sending all of my love, thoughts, and prayers to you and your family ❤️.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I’m so sorry for your family’s painful loss…you are truly a mama through and through. Thank you for filling us all in on what happened- this is a truly life changing experience that most of us will never understand completely. Lots of love to you, may your meditation and yoga bring you the peace and healing you need over time. ❤️❤️❤️🙏
  • Options
    Dear @runningyogimama you have been in my thoughts and I'm so so sorry for your and your family's loss of your sweet Nora. I'm sending you all my love <3 Thank you so much for updating and offering future support. 
  • Options
    @runningyogimama You have been in my thoughts and your presence has been missed here. I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how hard the last 2 months have been for you. I hope you and your family can find ways to heal and feel whole again. Wishing you peace and comfort. ❤️
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I've been thinking of you, so incredibly sorry for your loss!  Wishing you healing and peace after those tremendously tough 4 weeks.  Thank you for the update and for thinking of us, will say a prayer for you and sweet angel Nora! 
  • Options
    @runningyogimama so sorry for your loss 😞❤️
  • Options
    @runningyogimama There are no words that anyone can say to help during this time, but I hope you know that you are not alone during you time of loss and mourning. Your beautiful baby Nora was loved and adored, and we are thinking of you and your family as you take this time to heal. I am beyond sorry ❤️‍🩹