February 2023 Moms
Options

**TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

Re: **TW** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Miscarriage Support Thread

• Options
    @TInman87 I’m so sorry. Sending hugs to you. 
  • Options
    @nwsh so sorry you're going through it again too 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TInman87 I'm so sorry for your loss <3
  • Options
    @TInman87 I am so sorry for your loss  <3
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    edited July 2022
    @TInman87 I’m so sorry for your loss. 💔 Sending you hugs and wishing you comfort during this time. 

@nwshay keeping positive thoughts your way! ✨
  • Options
    Ugh. I am having spotting and cramping.  Everything was fine at the doctor yesterday so I’m sure it’s fine. But still…
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited July 2022
    @TInman87 So sorry you had to go through this again. Sending lots of love to you ❤️❤️❤️

@nwshay So glad you might be hanging in here with us!! ❤️❤️❤️

@angbaby83 Thinking of you- keep us posted on updates! ❤️
  • Options
    samd6samd6 member
    I’m out- thanks for all of the support and kindness. Best wishes to you all ❤️
  • Options
    Sorry @samd6 😔❤️
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @samd6 <3
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @samd6 I’m sorry for your loss. 😢
  • Options
    Sorry @samd6 ❤️
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    @samd6 I'm so very sorry for your loss ❤️
  • Options
    I’m 7 weeks 5 days. I haven’t had my first pre natal appointment- I’m waiting until July 20- I started spotting 4 days ago, lightly (like brownish pinkish blood) I called the doctor they sent me to get a blood test to check my hcg levels- my hcg levels are at where they should be- and my doctor said to just wait until the 20th (this was 2 days ago) and there’s nothing to worry about- but I passed a small stringy blood clot today- kind of like I do before a period- Everything’s closed today because it’s Sunday and I’m on hold with my insurance provider waiting for a nurse- but the hold is 4 hours- and I’m really nervous and scared- and don’t even know what to do or if this is normal or something I should be worried about- I guess I’m venting, but also trying to figure out if anyones experienced this before and been fine? Or do blood clots always lead to a miscarriage ? 
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    edited July 2022
    @sensigirl69 there are lots of reasons for spotting, and I also always clot with any bleeding so I wouldn't  be too concerned unless they are really large clots. 
  • Options
    @sensigirl69 a very large amount of normal pregnancies will have spotting/bleeding in the first trimester. That being said, I know seeing blood isn’t easy and I hope you get some good answers soon! 
  • Options
    @nwshay @kristinl492 thank you so much for your replies and reassurance- the nurse never got back to me today so my anxiety is def through the roof- I’m assuming it’s too late in the day now and I’ll probably hear from them tomorrow. I was uncomfortable for sure with the spotting, but I’ve heard it’s common so I wasn’t super concerned there, but it’s the blood clot that really is freaking me out, along side the spotting for 4 days and cramps- I guess all I can do is wait and see (man this is not what I anticipated pregnancy to be) 
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    @sensigirl69 the cramping is definitely the scary part. I have a subchorionic hematoma right now, and it's causing spotting/bleeding and slight cramping. Hoping it's the same for you. Keep us posted! 
  • Options
    emy162emy162 member
    I am out.  No heartbeat at my 9w ultrasound today so another missed miscarriage. There was a strong heartbeat at 7w so I am surprised.  Deleting the app since I am very heartbroken. But it has been a pleasure getting to know you and I wish you the best of luck with your journeys ❤️
  • Options
    @emy162 I'm so sorry! This is terribly devastating news. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @emy162 I am so sorry. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @emy162 I’m so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength and comfort. 💐
  • Options
    @emy162 I am so sorry for your loss and sending you love. <3
  • Options
    I’ve been spotting since the beginning of July with this pregnancy, but I just had a big gush of blood tonight and a clot the diameter of a golf ball. Hoping my babies are okay—doctor wants me to come in again for another ultrasound. Anyone have previous experience with subchorionic hematoma?
  • Options
    @lily.hazel They suspected that’s what was going on with my second since I kept having spotting/bleeding, but never saw one to confirm. She’s now 8! But it was a very scary first trimester. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lily.hazel I have a pretty decent sized SCH with this pregnancy, though I haven’t had any bleeding yet. My OB has me getting a repeat scan at MFM in a few weeks to check on it. So personally, limited experience. But professionally (US tech), we do see them relatively often. They can cause some wicked bleeding and/or your body will reabsorb it. The big thing is determining the size of it in relation to the sac.
  • Options
    I think I’m out. I bled horribly on Sunday and had to go to the ER, where I proceeded to bleed through every pad they gave me, and I almost passed out. They said they’re 90% sure I’ve miscarried, but they couldn’t say with certainty. I go in for an ultrasound next week to confirm miscarriage. I don’t feel pregnant at all anymore, so I’m not holding out hope. I can already fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes again.

This is my fifth miscarriage in a row (three chemicals, one late miscarriage at 16 weeks, and now an early miscarriage of two babies at 7 weeks despite seeing at least one heartbeat last week). Hoping they’ll be inclined to investigate why this keeps happening—when I asked the doctor after my late miscarriage in April, he said my three chemicals “didn’t count,” and not to worry, my next pregnancy would probably be fine. It obviously wasn’t fine.
  • Options
    cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited July 2022
    @lily.hazel I’m so sorry- I hope the doctor can figure this out with you this time. 💔
  • Options
    @lily.hazel I'm so sorry for all your losses. :( 
  • Options
    justkpjustkp member
    @lily.hazel Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you have gone/are going through this ❤ Thoughts and internet hugs your way! I hope you get an investigation and some answers!
  • Options
    ttc3yttc3y member
    @lily.hazel I’m so sorry for your loss. 💔 I hope you can find answers and have a successful rainbow baby in the near future. 
  • Options
    @lily.hazel I echo the others saying I'm so sorry. Sending you support from across the internet. That's absolutely devastating news.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lily.hazel I’m so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lily.hazel I am so sorry for your loss.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @lily.hazel I’m so sorry. I hope you get the answers you deserve ❤️
  • Options
    I'm scared! I woke up to find I'm spotting ever so slightly, just visible when I wipe. I'm 11+0. I'm instantly googling, but 'spotting is normal first tri, probably implantation' does nothing to calm my nerves. I have not had any spotting prior to this, apart from a light pink colour a few days before I tested positive. 

Has anyone experienced this - weeks and weeks of not spotting or bleeding, and then some quite late in 1st trimester - and gone on to have succesful pregnancies? 

I have a drs appointment today so I'll obviously ask them. But I'm terrified. Seems cruel when we are soooo close to being out of the woods, but I can't shake the thought that this isn't right. I still have pregnancy symptoms aplenty, no cramping. 
  • Options
    seeds_of_joyseeds_of_joy member
    edited August 2022
    @justkp with my first baby I randomly spotted after 8 weeks and I ran to the hospital to get bloodwork and an ultrasound. It was all good (he's 11 now). No idea why I spotted...too late to be implantation bleeding. Ive read intercourse can cause it. Please keep us posted. I'm glad you have an appointment today!! 🙏
  • Options
    @seeds_of_joy It does make me hopeful that you experienced spotting and your son turned out fine! Was it just the once you experienced it? My doctor did not seem all too concerned about it, as it was very light spotting and I have no other symptoms. But she said 'we'll keep an eye on it', says the fetus might just be implanting further at this stage, but I am not entirely convinced by that explanation :/ Somewhere online someone suggested it could be the placenta implanting at this stage, but it was 2nd hand info and I have not been able to verify.

Had bloodwork done (no answers yet) and she gave me an acute phone number to call if symptoms get worse out of hours. I got my 12 week scan scheduled for 8 days from now. I suspect it will be the longest wait of my life... I haven't had any further spotting or any other MS symptoms though. I also still have pregnancy symptoms and 'feel pregnant' so... fingers crossed all will work out! Will definitely keep you posted - even if I dislike being pregnant (1st tri anyway), I absolutely with all my heart do want this baby ❤